Orellandria

The Gunner Manifesto (Blade and Soul NEEDS a gun class)

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Luucy said:

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on this topic, as the OP mentionned the Blade Master and Blade Dancers are not martial art classes !! Sorry but the use of saber IS actually part of martial arts ! Even the Force Master who don't use magic but the Chi Forces to generate fire and ice spells. To me, the only classes who are not martials are Destroyer (too brutal) and Summoner (totally wtf :D).

 

For my opinion, a gunner would not feel out of place since it exists in the game already. Is it a martial art ? To me it's not, but it seems that school of "gunners" appeared in the SF patch, so why not ? Personnaly, i'd prefer a staff class, but maybe it would be too close to the blade dancer's fighting style. 

 

Imo, we will have the gunner since it seems it's the most wanted next class.

I'd love a bo staff class, it has roots in kung fu and other arts.  There are already a ton of spear/polearm wielding NPCs in the game so I'm not sure why that's not a player class.  Half the animations are already done AND it fits in the Blade & Soul theme.  For that matter, gunner and archer are also already represented well in the NPC combat archetypes so those would seem like no-brainer class additions.  I dunno.  /shrug

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EdwinLi   

While the hints given limits the possible class down a lot to specific ones it would not be a surprise if it is Gunner since B&S has set Gunslinger as one of the Schools of Martial Arts and even one of the 8 Masters is a Gunslinger.

Though any Range Physical combat class would do for B&S now since currently all range combat classes are Magic based users. 

 

This lack of Physical Range combat class seems to push a bit more towards the possibility of Gunner class or atleast a physical range combat class as the next new class.

 

Not to mention, as someone said before, B&S has more melee combat class than range combat classes (and absolutely no Physical range combat class)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
On 3/30/2016 at 3:11 PM, Fredy2 said:

Well the enemies are a good indication. and i dont see the muskets being out of place... only issue i got is Poharan using desert eagles (i think so dont quote me on that) being out of place... BUT she be pirate style so i say to myself she sailed the "7 seas" and got a sweet trade with some American lol

But there is no America in this Earthen Realm :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chicken   
On 3/30/2016 at 1:53 PM, Dotimus said:

really, you are calling magic to chi?

 

The Anti Gunner Manifesto:

 

syn ->ninjutsu

BM/BD -> kendo/ aikido/....

KFM -> really, i dont think it needs explaining

FM/Warlock -> supposed forms of tai chi or qigong

Des -> many martial arts had forms with large weapons, not just strictly axes but also polearms

 

now, guns,,,,, i dont really see it fit in game

 

note, i do see des inclusion in game as a way to appeal ti the lineage players

 

you might be asking yourself, what is this guy expecting then?

well, i do expect a mid range classe, bases on staffs

something that is not 16m ranged but at most something with 3-8m range,

you can call it a monk....

I could be wrong but, isn't there already a gunner class.

Summoner shoots shotgun that lasts 5 seconds on burst (sunflower) or bees (rifle) and Rose is pistol.

Teh cat is like a grenade? 

They have websnare like vines (1).

They have nukes (V).

 

It's like every range class can be a gunner, they just need different animations and weapon.

Edited by Chicken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fredy2   
3 hours ago, Brand X said:

But there is no America in this Earthen Realm :p

Well have you sailed the seas of earth realm.... no... then you don't know anything... even me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
6 minutes ago, Fredy2 said:

Well have you sailed the seas of earth realm.... no... then you don't know anything... even me.

You're right.  This could be our earth!  I mean, we know it's not, but it could be, I guess :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hwoarang   

Gunners didnt help Aion, didnt help Tera i doubt they would help Bns...Also, what do you even like about that kind of play? Running circles while shooting is fun? Pew pew, pew pew lol...Game does miss a staff class, not like the summoner staff, maybe a long staff like "Bō" i think that would be fun to play and would actually fit in Bns combat system...Doesnt matter how bosses and mobs fight against or  with us lol, it matters if players will enjoy the combat + if it will preserve the balance between classes within the limits of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock ;D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Akikaze   
28 minutes ago, Hwoarang said:

Gunners didnt help Aion, didnt help Tera i doubt they would help Bns...Also, what do you even like about that kind of play? Running circles while shooting is fun? Pew pew, pew pew lol...

 

Run around in circles going pew pew? Isn't that Force Masters =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunner class?...yes please. Though, I'm sure they'll make it an utter disappointment like they did Warlock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   

For every person wanting this class, there is basically one person being actually against it being implemented in the game. You wont see this for most other class ideas, like a polearm, fan, dual sword, .. kind of class - and there is a reason for this. 

 

Also one of the only three hints we got is that the class is in no way in the game yet. The statement is redundant if they only talked about classes since we know it's not gonna be a hybric (other hint) and it's obviously not a class that's in the game right now (because that would be stupid ^^). If it applies to npc's.. bye gunner, bye spearer, bye archer, bye... :P

 

I personally dont think it fits the game. Guns are everywhere, we dont need a class for that. Also why would a gunsman pick up another gun found in dungeons xD

Archer would be way more reasonable if we go by that logic, since there is actually an archer character in the tower of mushin - while the others are all playable classes minus the hybrids and the pet classes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Karurosuda said:

Funny how the melee tor ranged class ratio is actually 5:3, melee gets plenty of love.

Only in terms of number of existing classes. Certainly not in terms of balance for endgame content. Refer to various topics where people suggest to reroll a ranged class for those who only have melee ones. I've done much of that endgame as a melee, so trust me when I say people advicing for ranged have a point.

 

A gunner class would be one extra ranged to choose from. Not a bad thing in itself. Biggest problem with that is the potential imbalance such class would bring.

Edited by Tsuchiryu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

For every person wanting this class, there is basically one person being actually against it being implemented in the game. You wont see this for most other class ideas, like a polearm, fan, dual sword, .. kind of class - and there is a reason for this.

I disagree, because then you can say the same about the others. For one I am against all the others, and I've met players that would have preferred a gun class over the others too. Then again, I haven't asked, nor met every single player in the game, which means I can't know 100%. However, since gunner IS one of the top most requested I am sure the people who want such a class in the east and west is probably much higher than imagined, since like maybe 10% or less even read forums or reddit.

 

Anyway for now we don't know, but it's very likely it's one of those 3 anyway, the news speculate but they might not be far from the truth since they were the ones gathering information and making interviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamyatos   
51 minutes ago, Orellandria said:

I disagree, because then you can say the same about the others. For one I am against all the others, and I've met players that would have preferred a gun class over the others too. Then again, I haven't asked, nor met every single player in the game, which means I can't know 100%. However, since gunner IS one of the top most requested I am sure the people who want such a class in the east and west is probably much higher than imagined, since like maybe 10% or less even read forums or reddit.

 

Anyway for now we don't know, but it's very likely it's one of those 3 anyway, the news speculate but they might not be far from the truth since they were the ones gathering information and making interviews.

Well sure, i exaggerated a bit. But in fact there are people that are against gunners being implemented, while most arguments "against" the others are, like you said, something similar to "i would prefer a gunner over the others". 

 

Also, like you stated only a small minority reads and posts on the forums. All we say and do is based on this minority. We actually dont know whether or not the majority wants a gunner class, since (example) 90% dont even read the forums and will only know about it after it's officially announced :)

Like with most problems concerning this game, the people wanting a gunner class and opening posts about it, might as well just be a loud minority. Obviously, the direct opposite might be true too. Just wanted to throw that into the discussion.

 

Oh and, of course, in the end it does not matter at all what we want or not.. the korean developers dont give a *cricket* since they are already designing the class, we are just speculating what it might be. So in the end.. it's a guess-game and the people who were right will say "told'ya" in the end no matter what, but that's the only thing we can do really xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zapiel   

No no no no no and NO!!!!! This is an NCsoft game , no!!! (theAion players knows why we dont need a *cricket*ing gunner class in this game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Negaimu   
5 hours ago, Zapiel said:

No no no no no and NO!!!!! This is an NCsoft game , no!!! (theAion players knows why we dont need a *cricket*ing gunner class in this game)

Actually its a team bloodlust game >_> Ncsoft is not the developer lol

Edited by Negaimu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taemek   
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:53 AM, Dotimus said:

really, you are calling magic to chi?

 

The Anti Gunner Manifesto:

 

syn ->ninjutsu

BM/BD -> kendo/ aikido/....

KFM -> really, i dont think it needs explaining

FM/Warlock -> supposed forms of tai chi or qigong

Des -> many martial arts had forms with large weapons, not just strictly axes but also polearms

 

now, guns,,,,, i dont really see it fit in game

 

note, i do see des inclusion in game as a way to appeal ti the lineage players

 

you might be asking yourself, what is this guy expecting then?

well, i do expect a mid range classe, bases on staffs

something that is not 16m ranged but at most something with 3-8m range,

you can call it a monk....

Ancient Dynasty had archery.

 

If you want to get technical, the only classes in the game that fits the true meaning of martial arts are KFM, BM, BD and Destroyer.

 

If you want to get even more technical, Kyudo is a ancient martial art using only a bow.

 

I would be fine seeing an Archer class in, but not guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if I may burst some bubbles if you take my meaning, but this game has already exaggerated the idea of gun play enough, so personally it would be reasonable to have a class representative implemented. Besides, you don't see bows or pole arms having that much recognition in the game compared to guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fredy2   
5 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I hope we can get a Poharan inspired class :D

This guy is now my brother for having the same idea as i have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to thank everyone in this post and to say that this will be my last post, thanks a lot for sharing your views. What will happen, will happen and even then, I'm still interested in what will come out as a new class.

 

For now I'll try to make it known that those that want a gun class, want a gun class to NCsoft or Team Bloodlust.

Anyway, I'll leave this as my last post here, thanks to everyone again!

Edited by Orellandria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now