To all melee mains: Have a ranged character alt.

lnvisibleOne

Disclaimer: This is not a ranged class bash in any way so save your salt for cooking. 

A lot of people are very focused on their main character, which is understandable given how grindy it can be to gear even one character. Since we're appearing to follow the TW client build I thought I'd toss this out there. In the 50 cap the best way to get consistently high income involves farming faction bosses that function in a similar way to the terrors and blackwyrm (but far more difficult) in misty forest. The key changes are that these bosses drop chests and keys for the chests that give moonstones, a high demand level 50 cap evolution material only obtainable through faction bosses. Daily quests don't give them, only soulstones.

The way to obtain the majority of your soulstones also changes, the daily quests in the 50 cap faction area continue to give them but they're also very tough and near impossible to solo or even do with a small group. In the 50 cap faction area you can buy soulstone pouches similar to the ones that you can buy with zen beans only you buy them with prestige points obtained from killing the faction bosses. The amount of prestige points you can hold goes up with your rank and there's an item you can buy to add 300% capacity to your base capacity. You can buy either 100/300/500 prestige point pouches each with different and increasing high and low amount of soulstones as you go up. 

Now the problem for melee mains is this. If any of you have attempted terrors and blackwyrm as a melee you can understand how frustrating it is to kill them. I've seen a few threads about people complaining how unfair it is to be a melee to fight them. Unfortunately, the level 50 cap faction bosses are much worse and as your soulstone income now relates to how many prestige points you can get you can start to see where the problem lies. Ranged classes have a very heavy advantage in obtaining not only prestige points but basic credit on bosses if they're zerged because they have a lot less to watch out for and can maintain much higher uptime on the bosses to maximize profits. 

Moral of the story is this, if you're a melee main you should consider getting a ranged class alt geared up in order to make money ahead of the curve. It's still alot cheaper to upgrade in 45 cap than it is in 50 as of right now. I would suggest checking out this guide: here for more detailed information, specifically the mining protection event (it may not be 100% accurate to what we'll be getting but for the most part it's on point). The only changes I noted is that the meteor and soldier rescues give soulstones (5 per turn in) not moonstone powder and moonstone powder doesn't exist at least if we're following the TW build. 

Tl;dr To melee mains: Make a ranged class alt and get it ready now to save yourself a lot of trouble later.

hahaha I gave up my BM and stay with summoner or Force Master cause the FPS dropped so bad that I can't do anything, while with range dps i can just close my eyes and just spam LBM/RBM and still get brilliant chest reward every single time.

1 minute ago, GnatB said:

So, to get this straight, what I'm hearing is to upgrade PvE requires PvP content?  (a.k.a. faction stuff, which is sorta PvE exposed to PvP?)

I highly doubt people would be foolish enough to start constant pvp conflict in the 50 cap faction area. There's faction bosses very similar to terrors only stronger strewn out infront of camps, archer guards that two shot people and a number of other reasons pvp is very much so counterproductive and pointless. Imagine having a blackwyrm on hand to lure someone into anytime. But yes, moonstones only come from doing the faction bosses.

Just now, okitaluc said:

I won't do that  , it's pretty pathetic to have to lvl an alt because of a flawed design , i prefer to quit than doing this. NCsoft should  look at the issues and solve them making it fair for everyone  ...

From how I understand it they're tuned so that the destroyer bots couldn't farm them. I guess they didn't see the summoner bots coming.. 

1 minute ago, okitaluc said:

I won't do that  , it's pretty pathetic to have to lvl an alt because of a flawed design , i prefer to quit than doing this. NCsoft should  look at the issues and solve them making it fair for everyone  ...

There is only one thing NCsoft cares about really and that is turning the game into an e-sport in NA/EU that is why we have the rushed mess that they are pushing out as fast as they can to catch up to Korea, they don't care about anything outside of the cash shop or arena, the only reason they did any form of translation is probably because people would have refused to download a version not in English, don't expect any changes in the game that do not effect those 2 things unless they believe they stand to make money from it.

2 minutes ago, lnvisibleOne said:

From how I understand it they're tuned so that the destroyer bots couldn't farm them. I guess they didn't see the summoner bots coming.. 

And it makes worse because sometimes we have lots of cats doing bw , making the already bad performance even worse , most people will always go for easy mode farm bots or not ...

In faction 50 you can collect bodies and rocks for unlimited income of soulstones.

The faction battle work like this:

In middle are two groups of mobs(1 boss each side)on the each side.Red kill blue and vise versa.The main mob give a box which may contain either 1 faction siel or 1 key.Last hit get you extra box.

Then there is 30 minutes in which the channel will be either blue or red.

First it will come one monster that look like the main boss in pig dungeon along with archers of the same type.Totally there is 2 rounds one after another of this thing.It drop just faction insignia but it's needed for the quest.

Then it come the ogre...it give box(you need key for it) that contain 1-7 moonstones.

After that is random monster.One of them may drop a key.

Meanwhile an passive roadrunner mob may spawn and you have to burst it down if you want a box.It give randomly between 1g to 5k gold.Usually 1 gold.

Totally there is 6 of the pig bosses and 3 ogres.After the last ogre spawn one big boar that is needed for faction quest and also can give between 1 to 5 moonstone keys.

I don't remember how many rounds in the channel has to be done( i think was 5) to spawn the big ass boss that drop a box(3-5 keys needed)with random moonstone reward(5 key max was 35 moonstones).

Btw in each side there is friendly ogres and pigs.Killing the ogre may give you a key.

There is one very funny order quest(it drop from faction bosses).It's about to obtain a book in the enemy camp...the guards around the books are very OP and 1 shot you :D

:D

Idk. Even my fm can't farm them effectively because of sub10 fps. About the only time I can properly attack bw is after he roars and no one is attacking. If the game had an actual tab targeting system (at least on bosses), it wouldn't be such an annoyance. I could just turn around and pew pew without going into a slideshow.

These bosses would've made more sense in the 24 man.

37 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

Pretty much this.
I stopped farming bw and terrors because it's an incredibly dumb mechanic. If I ever need some of those bosses to progress, I'll just stop playing B&S and move on to another game.

5 minutes ago, tapsomebong said:

im a melee i dont have any problem farming terror or bw lol

It's not impossible no. I did it on my destroyer on TW but I progressed much slower and missed credit quite a bit because of how the bosses are tuned. Plus the prestige points you get even if you manage to scrape by credit wise are a small portion of what a ranged can pull on the same boss. 

It is annoying for melees to do BW and Terrors, especially with ping/lag problems which interfere with your reacting abilities. Well, terrors are more forgiving than Blackwyrm, cause if you're geared enough you can take a few hits and survive, walk back, eat a dumpling and get back in to deal some damage, but on Blackwyrm it's worse cause you get pulled in out of nowhere then dazed 3-4 times in a row cause no one properly tanks it and it becomes frustrating. Farming terrors for rangeds is easy because they don't have to avoid anything. Literally nothing, not even 1 normal attack (they can just stay on tents and spam attacks).

2 hours ago, GnatB said:

So, to get this straight, what I'm hearing is to upgrade PvE requires PvP content?  (a.k.a. faction stuff, which is sorta PvE exposed to PvP?)

Where do u think u get soulstones from? Yea exactly its really BS

Archived