I'm having a blast playing BnS. I don't get it.

Koter

I see so many topics on these forums bashing BnS and I don't get why people hate this game so much. I really enjoy the pvp in this game, and I enjoy the pve in this game. I enjoy doing arenas (both 1v1 and 3v3), I enjoy doing Mushin's tower and trying to clear it by myself (I am on the 7F right now). I think faction dailies are annoying but that's cause the Crimson on my server are running wild and dominating every channel but eventually I get my dailies done.

The crafting system is a bit weird and grindy but i'm starting to get the hang of it and i'm actually starting to make some gold from it. I really enjoy the class talent system and making my own builds or just messing around and trying to figure out what each talent does. I have played a lot of mmos in my gaming career. Everything from Rift to Archeage to Star Wars and of course World of Warcraft and so far BnS has been much better than those games in my opinion.

I don't know maybe i'm just Mr Brightside. Or maybe not.

People come here to complain about whatever issue is affecting them at that moment.  Nobody (well, almost) comes here to sing the game's praises -- those people are too busy having a good time playing to be bothered with forums and their hordes of malcontents.

It's the same in every game.  This is just an outlet for customer complaints.

Game is great until max level and time when you want best gear, it is when "give us more monies or grind forever" kicks in. Just like in all asian mmos.

But if you are not very serious about maxing your character, then game is enjoyable.

the negative people are the extreme minority, and they are always the loudest. as others have said people usually dont come to these forums to praise the game. its usually to complain about something whether it be complain worth or not.

I've seen other MMO forums with praises .. well

Perhaps if you look closely at the complaints, you'd understand. Nearly no one complains about the game but about handling and publishing the game.

server crashes every 2-3 days since launch = NCsoft

marketplace crashes with server reboot 5 min prior warning = NCsoft

multiple login server crashes = NCsoft

master ninja loot rule not being noticed = NCsoft

Not gonna make a list as we have enough of them. These are things that lies in the hands of the publisher, not the game development.

Ok, perhaps i need at least one point to blame on game development:

Game too easy = Team Bloodlust

.. but that's no real complaint.

It is a fun game.  But then, there are lots of fun games.  There will always be people who will complain, though, because that's how people are.  I remember Aion forums when people were all "I'm gonna play TERA when it comes out", then there were the (very optimistic) people finding fault with that game and who said "I'm gonna play B&S".   Now B&S is here and people are threatening to go play BDO.

It's normal if you understand "If I don't/like/play this game then i'll make sure  you won't play/like it neither"

Peoples come here to voice their opinions, complaints, praise. It won'r effect the current players base but IT WILL EFFECT the decision of NEW PLAYERS that come here to check this game out, the more peoples come here to cry, whine, complaint, written negative comment the more NCsoft gonna worry for their future players base and plan their next move for next cashgrab while they can!

One of the few things that's keeping me in the game honestly... its because there are so many gorgeous chars around...

I wish I could meet someone that would seduce my with his/her nice girl char all day... I can't believe there are so many chars around and nobody succubus enough ç_ç

And why would you think we are hating BnS? its nice to see you are having a blast with the game but not everyone is going through heaven right now. It took me 2 weeks to install the game because it keeps giving me errors E2010, E2018, E2003 and finally when I was able to install the game. Server crashes, high pin and massive lag. I play form California I have x99 build, i7, 16 gb ram, 980ti and I cant play this game past 45 fps I have no idea why. Sometimes my skill lag for 0.5 sec and definitely there is a delay. I feel like im playing on TW server rather than NA region.

The game is great but in my opinion there are a lot of issues going now right now that Im not as happy as I could be.  Im not having a blast since I was doing 4 man BSH and got disconnected when I got back in i was sent to a different channel and to go back to the entrance and enter again. this took me about 2-3 minutes on which my party died and then another party member had the same problem. Since we all work (im playing with friends) we just went and do 24 intances and that's it. I kinda have fun because im with mates but if i was alone i would be pretty upset.

2 hours ago, Koter said:

I see so many topics on these forums bashing BnS and I don't get why people hate this game so much. I really enjoy the pvp in this game, and I enjoy the pve in this game. I enjoy doing arenas (both 1v1 and 3v3), I enjoy doing Mushin's tower and trying to clear it by myself (I am on the 7F right now). I think faction dailies are annoying but that's cause the Crimson on my server are running wild and dominating every channel but eventually I get my dailies done.

The crafting system is a bit weird and grindy but i'm starting to get the hang of it and i'm actually starting to make some gold from it. I really enjoy the class talent system and making my own builds or just messing around and trying to figure out what each talent does. I have played a lot of mmos in my gaming career. Everything from Rift to Archeage to Star Wars and of course World of Warcraft and so far BnS has been much better than those games in my opinion.

I don't know maybe i'm just Mr Brightside. Or maybe not.

I don't mind the game content at all, I love the game. It's the server's inability to handle raid boss fights. I don't how you can play this game and not have this issue and not get frustrated with it.  If there's more than 18 players it kills my FPS to 3-0 for 90% of the fight.  Then magically goes back to 55-60ish FPS after the boss has died. Please Mr Brightside sir, tell me your secrets.

2 hours ago, marcnaw said:

Game is great until max level and time when you want best gear, it is when "give us more monies or grind forever" kicks in. Just like in all asian mmos.

But if you are not very serious about maxing your character, then game is enjoyable.

this is pretty much accurate.

i enjoyed playing my BM up to 45. Once i hit 45 something happened. My char turned into a GRINDTRAIN. All i can do now is grind dungeon a or b or pvp and upgrade my weapon for content that's not there right now.

that's why i started twinking on my KFM...

The game is awesome. My only issue is the crafting system and even that isn't really the game's fault. Fault lies with the type of people that would put a crafted item up for 5g when it costs 6gish to create. Also the type of people that would sell said item for 4g to make it sell faster. Makes earning gold from crafting very...annoying >.>

Apart from that this game is golden for me. Once you go force master, all other mages in other games seem obsolete -w- 

I like the game too, otherwise I wouldn't be spending time/money into it.

Honestly tho, would you spend money on a half finished product? This game is label as "F2P" and was out in 2012, and went through phrases of beta test. Ofc I hold a certain expectation when the game is launched.

What I don't understand is it feels like they are rushing to release all the contents, but not spending the time to correct bugs that arises with each new patch. I know that hard-core players will push for new contents, but I am not worried about new contents. We will get them.

Many non-paying players still face issue withe the mail system, but no ETA as to when it will be fixed. Radiant Ring cannot make accessories but only gems and keys, and it worked in beta testing. Many has pointed out that KR/JP/CN/TW versions had no such issue.

I am not an investor, whether the game makes/loses money, I don't make/lose profit out of it. But if I spend my well-earned money on a game, then yes my expectation will be high.

Archived