Gemhammer 4th slot cost increase per lvl.

Demiosu

Recently I've leveled 3 characters to lvl 45 and during this process I noticed something:

If I add a 4th gem slot in the Awakened Blight stage of my weapon (lvl 20 blackram narrows version) it only costs 1 Gemhammer and a few copper to add the 4th slot. (I mention blight because this is the first stage where your weapon has 3 slots by default)

But if I wait until lvl 45 it costs 3 or 4 Gemhammers and over 1g to add a 4th slot to my weapon, even though it's technically the same weapon a the blight one a it evolved from it.

In my opinion this makes little sense, why punish someone who didn't know he had to add his 4th gemslot as early as possible? I don't mind that it costs 1g, but I do mind that it costs more gemhammers since they come from the cashshop. My suggestion would be to equalize the amount of gemhammers you need, but I'm open to hear other opinions. 

Buying an unsealing charm at lvl 4 costs the same as it costs at lvl 45, yet it does the same thing.

Though adding a 4th gem to my hongmoon blight stage weapon costs 1 gemhammer and like 10 copper, and adding it to true profane hongmoon weapon costs 4 gemhammers and like 1g xx silver, yet it does the same thing. 

I don't see how adding a gem slot at a later stage should be more expensive (since we're talking real life money you have to invest to get gemhammers, or buy them from someone who did), it's not like my 4th gem slot becomes more powerful in profane stage than it was in blight stage.

All I'm saying is that it's stupid I paid nearly nothing for my 4th gem slot while others have to pay 5x as much as me for the exact same slot. If you think that makes sense, then well.. I have no comments. 

On my Awakened Siren, I need 5 gem hammers and 2+ gold.  This really sucks. 

I think this is a holdover from the early system where there were slots for specific gems.  You could only put a square gem in a square gem slot, or a hex gem in a hex slot, for example.  Then it would make some sense that unlocking a hex slot would cost more than adding a triangle or square slot.  But now you can put anything in any slot, so it doesn't make any sense at all for it to cost more.  

I agree that the cost should be the same at all levels, especially in terms of Gem Hammers.

4 hours ago, Demiosu said:

If I add a 4th gem slot in the Awakened Blight stage of my weapon (lvl 20 blackram narrows version) it only costs 1 Gemhammer and a few copper to add the 4th slot. (I mention blight because this is the first stage where your weapon has 3 slots by default)

But if I wait until lvl 45 it costs 3 or 4 Gemhammers and over 1g to add a 4th slot to my weapon, even though it's technically the same weapon a the blight one a it evolved from it.

very interesting to Know, I guess it is obviously another HIDDEN way of NC gaining more revenue from unsuspecting customers, even more so when there is no official note of how the gem hammers work

9 hours ago, Cor said:

And the next thing you want is item skinning always for 1 copper since that's what it costs at lv 1?

Not sure if you're trying to troll here or whether you really just said this in serious mode. I don't think you can compare a vanity feature to a feature that actually influences the strength of your character.. If you are however trolling I want to give you a friendly reminder that this is against the forum rules and is not appreciated. 

The amount of gem slots a weapon has influences how strong you are as you get more stats / bonus effects, adding a skin to your weapon does not do anything but change the looks. 

Archived