Gemhammer 4th slot cost increase per lvl.

Demiosu

nobody considered that upgrading a 4 slotted weapon may be more expensive than upgrading a 3 slotted.

Me, I don´t know, but I suspect it pays off both ways.

Gemhammer from daily dungeons - never seen any in many many runs. Are you confusing it with repair tools or is the RNG that bad?

The issue is the missing information... you check it, you look up the prices of gem hammers, you think "oh, that's good thing to do later... because the few gold will be trivial later". But then someone points out to you you should upgrade early, you check your weapon and... bang! The price has more than tripled without you even realizing. Maybe it should be shown as change in the fusion screen?

I found this out as well yesterday, it is sad that the increase is so much. The biggest issue with this is the value of gem hammers now, 4g for a single hammer at around $2. Looking at nearly $10 (or more with exchange rates) for 4 hammers; when it only cost $2 before... seems shady to me. 

Also not sure about the slots being removed after upgrades, since I think KR had that. I tried reading around the googles for more info, but everyone seems to be finding out slowly as time goes on, and are now asking questions. Any additional info would be nice... like will sockets stick? will the level 50 weapon versions grant us the 6 slots free? I'm almost certain the first legendary gives 4 slots? will that push us up to 5 slots? etc etc. and so forth.   

Yeap found out about this after while leveling my 2nd char, but still I only added the slot when the weapon is at True Profane, a bit cheaper than my main who have Awakened Siren. So for my 3rd char I did the upgrade at Awakened Blight stage, so much cheaper only 1 gem hammer is needed. I don't see a reason why a higher level weapon should cost more to unlock a slot, since the benefit it give is the same regardless of your weapon level. 

Also this is not something that is mention in game, I think most found out later on when they leveling alt and by then it's too late, the game doesn't tell you that hey, you should get an extra gem slot now, it's going to get more expensive the higher your weapon level is. Feels like a scam to be honest. 

And gem hammer from daily box lol, yeah if you are extremely lucky to get it, the best I got from a daily box was ONE venture token, that is from playing since launch.

It was news to me when it was already too late, during my profane time

Also I've never gotten a gem hammer from daily box, but got 3 venture tokens already.

Still b/s, like others I expected to unlock the last slot like the previous 3, and now I just can't afford to waste money on it, compared to other upgrade choices.

Back on tw ver I've played, when you breakthrough a wep, you had to take your gems off, and you'd lose the 4th slot, so when you upgrade everytime you would have to reslot it, I heard that's also how they operated on cn and kr. If you don't lose the slot everytime you upgrade, then this should be looked at...

Currently in our version you don't loose the slot on upgrades but the max amount of slots doesn't change as well. 

I guess we we'll loose the slots when the max amount of slots rises to 5 or 6.

On TW version you also got a random amount of free slots after evolving which was the reason you had to remove gems even if you didn't use gem hammers. You could end up with a lvl 45 weapon with only 2 open gem slots.

You are right posting about this issue, i think NCSOFT should implement the max number of gem hammers needed at max lvl to open 4th slot either the weapon is lvl 1 or maxed. That will make it fair to everyone.

I wonder why ppl who chose to play 1 game will always try to change it's features, maybe they want to play "their" game. QQ about everything, holly da...

32 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

I think I should start a thread whining about how at lower levels it only takes 1 repair tool to fix your weapon and at higher levels it takes 3!!!! What a travesty!

That's not even the same. Gem hammers have a monetary value, plus repair tools are cheap. It's like if outfits cost twice as much to level 45s, why does it make sense that someone low level gets a vastly cheaper slot they keep just because they had the foresight that the rest of us didn't have.  Most people would assume that there's no rush for these sort of things. I may be able to justify the 1 hammer, but it's going to be a very long time before I can justify 4. It's not really fair for someone else to have an advantage that I can't go back and change easily... Already I'm not 100% happy with buying stuff due to the delay on getting ncoins. Hopefully that fixes itself at some point.

On 2/12/2016 at 6:55 PM, GinzaHibari said:

gem hammers can be found in every dungeon daily box.

I have the 1000 dailies achievement, and I never saw a gem hammer.

Anyway, I've read somewhere on reddit that with the continuation of the story you get a 4th gem slot for free, and who already has a 4th slot won't geat a 5h.
So... maybe it's better not to upgrade.

If I remember correctly, upgrading to gale later on will increase the maximum amount of slots to 6 and also remove the previously opened 4th slot, so everyone will have to open it once again (its either this ORRRR everyone gets a free 4th slot later on, either way, it evens everyone out). 

For my current true profane staff, the cost is 4 gem hammers plus 1g20s, and honestly, I think thats quite cheap. Its not like we NEED the 4th slot ASAP anyways, we don't even have access to the REALLY REALLY good gems at this point in the game. Well, we have the BW gems, which are pretty effing good, but lets face it, if people are having problems affording a gem slot, I don't really think they plan to have one of those any time soon (unless you farm bw 24/7 and even then you'd have to get pretty damn lucky).

In my honest opinion, opening the 4th gem slot should be the least of anyone's concerns, focus on more relevant stuff first like gearing up, actually figuring out how to make a decent amount of gold with the options and time available to you (unless you wanna live off dailies forever), actually have 3 really good gems in the first place, because having 4 slots with 4 shitty gems in them won't really help you in any way. And if you're not even level 45 yet and are already worried about the *cricket* slot, just don't.

17 minutes ago, Tolzray said:

If I remember correctly, upgrading to gale later on will increase the maximum amount of slots to 6 and also remove the previously opened 4th slot, so everyone will have to open it once again (its either this ORRRR everyone gets a free 4th slot later on, either way, it evens everyone out). 

For my current true profane staff, the cost is 4 gem hammers plus 1g20s, and honestly, I think thats quite cheap. Its not like we NEED the 4th slot ASAP anyways, we don't even have access to the REALLY REALLY good gems at this point in the game. Well, we have the BW gems, which are pretty effing good, but lets face it, if people are having problems affording a gem slot, I don't really think they plan to have one of those any time soon (unless you farm bw 24/7 and even then you'd have to get pretty damn lucky).

In my honest opinion, opening the 4th gem slot should be the least of anyone's concerns, focus on more relevant stuff first like gearing up, actually figuring out how to make a decent amount of gold with the options and time available to you (unless you wanna live off dailies forever), actually have 3 really good gems in the first place, because having 4 slots with 4 shitty gems in them won't really help you in any way. And if you're not even level 45 yet and are already worried about the *cricket* slot, just don't.

That's speculation at this point and time, our version is different from other clients; including the fact that in OUR version you do not lose sockets/gems on breakthroughs, where in other versions it does this if you don't remove your gems. Also they get gem hammers through other means, unlike our version where you either pay money for a gem hammer, buy from AH at an absurd 4gold per, or open 1000x chests and hope for that 1% chance to get 1 single hammer from a box. 

If you want to BiS, than 4 sockets is a must if you want to make haste of current content, and help out more in upcoming dungeons, which will become more difficult. You won't see 5+ sockets for a while, so the extra gem currently is handy. 2 BW ap gems with drain,  an AP event drain + 20AP+ is amazing, and helps a lot. I will agree it's not needed, but when you compare a single gem hammer at 1silver to open to 4 gem hammers at 1g+ for the exact same slot, it seems ridiculous, and is clearly a means of making cash in the store. They have already noted if there is "Enough support" they will look into it. Meaning if enough people start realizing this issue, they will "fix it."

Archived