Why I'm quitting this game.

Masqava

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Masqava said:

Well the thing is that it didn't crash nor made me disconnect.

It force closed itself and gave me an error things (the same thing you get after server crash/maintenance)

If it gave you an error code then you need to send that error code to NCsoft in a ticket.  Or google it and see if others have the same issue.  

25 minutes ago, Alukah said:

Like gameguard, huh?

There is no Gameguard anymore it was removed last update.

Seriously this game uses the standard Unreal 3 engine that's THE most used Third-party Game engine last generation by far it really doesn't get more stable or better developed then it, this game never crashed for me so far nor did any other Unreal 3 or 4 game, so if your game crashes it's likely the fault of your hardware or some interfering software you have installed.

A lot of people have no clue of computers and just blame the game first if something goes wrong.

Did you check your memory for example ? Faulty ram often causes crashes or instability's it's the first thing i do if i buy new one since there are often problems with it.

There could be heat issues or your power supply or gfx card could be faulty there are a shitton of problems that can cause this.

31 minutes ago, tetsuo123 said:

Seriously this game uses the standard Unreal 3 engine that's THE most used Third-party Game engine last generation by far it really doesn't get more stable or better developed then it, this game never crashed for me so far nor did any other Unreal 3 or 4 game, so if your game crashes it's likely the fault of your hardware or some interfering software you have installed.

So because the engine is stable, the game can't be unstable? Look at a list with possible errors for Blade and Soul, my favourite one is: 

Error 405:
1. This Error usually happens when multiple people enter a dungeon/area at the same time

I don't know how people with those insanely high specs on their PCs have a ton of trouble running B&S. All I'm using right now is a Lenovo Y500 Windows 8 and I run B&S at a perfect 60 fps with no troubles at all even on world bosses....What windows are you running? What else do you have up when running B&S? Because as far as I can tell B&S runs very smoothly for me. Have you tried running B&S on admin mode? This fixed my constant crashing with TERA not sure about B&S though.

1 hour ago, Masqava said:

I don't have a razor device so that is not the problem.

Alread indicated it's not lag/fps/internet.

Not many programs installed. 

Aside from Razer's service there's also the issue with ASUS motherboard services. Have you checked the thread about it?

1 hour ago, Masqava said:

Yeah because the brand new gaming PC I made in december last year is so outdated after less than 2 months already!

probably some kind of configuration crossing wires lol. my friend is playing bns on a 5 year old laptop with a crappy cpu. he has to play at like 20% graphics and the fps is usually below 20 but nothing like that ever happens to him.

just a fyi just cause you have a shiny new computer doesnt mean its flawless lol. drivers or something could be acting stupid toward bns. its almost never the games fault. if its the games fault 100% you would see widspread reports of the exact same issue but really you are in the minority.

ANYWAYS dont let the door hit you on the way out.

38 minutes ago, Centimani said:

So because the engine is stable, the game can't be unstable? Look at a list with possible errors for Blade and Soul, my favourite one is: 

Error 405:
1. This Error usually happens when multiple people enter a dungeon/area at the same time

No but it makes it less likely that it's the games fault unless the devs *cricket*ed up which isn't the case here as far i can see or there would be a lot more ppl with the same problems.

1 hour ago, tetsuo123 said:

There is no Gameguard anymore it was removed last update.

A lot of people have no clue of computers and just blame the game first if something goes wrong.

Did you check your memory for example ? Faulty ram often causes crashes or instability's it's the first thing i do if i buy new one since there are often problems with it.

There could be heat issues or your power supply or gfx card could be faulty there are a shitton of problems that can cause this.

I'm sorry, but saying "Seriously this game uses the standard Unreal 3 engine that's THE most used Third-party Game engine last generation by far it really doesn't get more stable or better developed then it" just invalidated anything else you have said so far, you must be living under a rock if you're not aware of all the optimization issues with this game, not only NA, but the KR, CN, JP and TW versions as well.

If you believe the problem lies in the players when someone who can run BF4 or The Witcher 3 on ultra, with high fps, is getting *cricket* poor fps when doing blackwyrm, I'm just gonna go ahead and dismiss everything you say as yet another white knight fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about.

This is the second worst optimized game I've seen, just slightly ahead of Tera.

You know there are certain threads that pop up in every gaming forum.  They are normally bots, gold spam, bans and crashes.

In most cases dealing with crashes it is the persons system causing the issue.  I understand your system is less then 2 months old and has hardly anything on it and may only crash at that very point in the game but at that point in the game could be when your system is finally doing whatever it is to crash.

Oh wait, you say force closes (that is a crash).  If there is any error code look it up, maybe it is the game but maybe it is pointing to a system error.  Just because you built doesn't mean something isn't wrong.  Things happen, you have a new part and it fails in a month, it happens not your fault.

So, stop just blaming the game and stop ignoring the fact that it could be something related to your system.  If you won't listen to what we are telling you then why post at all?

At least for me the client is unstable, sometimes it start to lagging hard , and when it happens i know it have a high possibility to crash soon, usually i restart the game and go back to action , but it is annoying when you are in the middle of something , luckily it don't always happen and i see it happen a lot more on cross servers (arena and dungeon)

48 minutes ago, tetsuo123 said:

there would be a lot more ppl with the same problems.

When people complain: "OMG game is only 2 weeks old, stop complaining, it's free!"

When people don't complain:  "I don't see anyone else with this issue, game is working great!"

2 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

At least for me the client is unstable, sometimes it start to lagging hard , and when it happens i know it have a high possibility to crash soon, usually i restart the game and go back to action , but it is annoying when you are in the middle of something , luckily it don't always happen and i see it happen a lot more on cross servers (arena and dungeon)

Not saying the game 100% stable but like with every game someone crashes and they immediately blame the game (regardless if it is B&S or another game).  A lot of the times it does end up being a problem with their system and not the game.  So to come right out and not even consider that it could be your system is foolish.

While you look for answers online as to if the game might be the cause also be looking into the possibility that your system has an issue.

15 minutes ago, Calidel said:

Not saying the game 100% stable but like with every game someone crashes and they immediately blame the game (regardless if it is B&S or another game).  A lot of the times it does end up being a problem with their system and not the game.  So to come right out and not even consider that it could be your system is foolish.

While you look for answers online as to if the game might be the cause also be looking into the possibility that your system has an issue.

When the problem is in your system you will probably have the issue constantly , and with other games too , other mmos . When the problem occur only with B&S , obviously people will blame the game ...

Edit: Thinking about that i didn't have any crash after the supposed "gameguard" removal

1 hour ago, okitaluc said:

When the problem is in your system you will probably have the issue constantly , and with other games too , other mmos . When the problem occur only with B&S , obviously people will blame the game ...

Edit: Thinking about that i didn't have any crash after the supposed "gameguard" removal

But you are assuming that every game uses every system the exact same way but they don't.  It is very possible that B&S is using his system in a way that no other game/program does and by doing so has found the issues with it.  Sure it could be the game but you can not come into these issues with a closed mind otherwise you will never find the problem.

14 minutes ago, Calidel said:

But you are assuming that every game uses every system the exact same way but they don't.  It is very possible that B&S is using his system in a way that no other game/program does and by doing so has found the issues with it.  Sure it could be the game but you can not come into these issues with a closed mind otherwise you will never find the problem.

The game  is DX9 and uses U3 engine, which a wide range  of games use , it's a mmo like many others games (many people say U3 is not good for mmos tough), what do you think that makes  B&S unique using the computer hardware, keep in mind that only the game have a CTD (my case) , the rest of the process continue to run flawlessly , if not the game bad programming / bugs or whatever i don't know what it is ...

If he uses Whocrashed it will tell him what is causing the crash. 

Seeing as there's no BSOD I'm not sure what to make of it, but Whocrashed should still be able to read a file dump. 

OP, have you tried re-seating your RAM/GPU? CPU is sort of a last ditch effort IMO. 

You should also install speccy and watch the individual specifications of your PSU, GPU, CPU, RAM, etc, while you boot and run various games. Then compare it to the situation your game is crashing in.

I think people are being rather ridiculous here; it's not -just- his PC. If it was only his PC he would be experiencing problems with other games that are more intense. If he can run something like FO4 maxed out without intermittent crashing in high density areas then it's a conflict of software and hardware with BnS specifically, which honestly isn't unbelievable considering how shit-optimized it is.

Have you tried something simple like a File Repair? This does almost sound like an over heat issue. You should also download a program to watch your temps.

Archived