Why I'm quitting this game.

Masqava

Something that is extremely frustrating not only to me but to many others.

It's not been the first time.

Not the second time either.

Not even the third.

Fourth? no it's not been the fourth.

BUT THE 5TH TIME that my client force closes/disconnects for NO REASON. (Internet stable, no lag, etc) when the BLACKWYRM is >15~10% HP

I'm spending half an hour to an hour attacking the blackwyrm, wanting that brilliant weekend treasure, wanting the costume.

But more than HALF of my blackwyrms end up in a *cricket*ing client crash.

Why do we get an update at the 10th of february when the client isn't even stable enough to let me normally play the game?

I have good internet, a good PC, yet the game decides to closes itself for no reason.

Honestly, I love this game, I loved the combat, I loved a lot about it. But it's heartbreaking to constantly work hard for something and then in the end the game says ''*cricket* you, you aren't getting anything!''

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't class that as a particular reason to quit, however if you wish to then it is 100% your choice.

If you're playing on EU I'd stay a little patient. Its been mentioned via the BladeAndSoulOps twitter account that there are on-going issues with the EU Server that they will be fixing over the course of several patches/maintenance. 

Plus, although queues aren't around anymore you can't forget that most servers are still near-filled to their limit. Not to mention the sheer number of servers in the first place. So all the players on them are bound to have some effect on the running efficiency of the game which, once again, should be sorted in several maintenances

3 minutes ago, Masqava said:

Yeah because the brand new gaming PC I made in december last year is so outdated after less than 2 months already!

Just because you built it 2 months ago, that does'nt mean it can't have any issues or that you used new parts.

Yea I feel you man. Feels like most of the time I'm fighting the game itself, rather than the actual content inside. I need to "dodge mechanics" such as dc-ing if I rush into a teleportal, so I gotta time my shit perfectly or I waste a good 7-9 mins of loading in. They said this game would be optimized much much better compared to tera, but as far as I can see it...(and can't believe I'm saying this but..) Tera runs sooo much smoother. Really hope they do something about this. I love the game and it's fun, but disconnecting atleast 5 times a day kind of kills it ya know?

For the client to crash like that, especially on that fight, where there is a lot of spells going off etc, it's to do with your computer.

I've never had the client crash once and I play this on my home and work PC.

You may want to look at firstly making sure that everything is updated driver wise (hardware and OS). Check your ram and also make sure your graphics card isn't overheating. 

People will always place the blame on someone/something else, rather than taking the time to think "Could this be a possible problem on my side, which I could fix?"

4 minutes ago, papragu said:

Just because you built it 2 months ago, that does'nt mean it can't have any issues or that you used new parts.

I have no issues with FPS, lag, anything.

My internet is stable.

The game instantly closed, it didn't crash, nor did it say ''disconnected'' it just closed instantly.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my PC.

Just now, DoowieEU said:

For the client to crash like that, especially on that fight, where there is a lot of spells going off etc, it's to do with your computer.

I've never had the client crash once and I play this on my home and work PC.

You may want to look at firstly making sure that everything is updated driver wise (hardware and OS). Check your ram and also make sure your graphics card isn't overheating. 

People will always place the blame on someone/something else, rather than taking the time to think "Could this be a possible problem on my side, which I could fix?"

All my drivers are updated, my RAM never has issues (Max use is like 40-50%?) and my graphics card is doing fine. I don't have issues with any other game, even more intense games than B&S. 

3 minutes ago, DJKhaled said:

Yea I feel you man. Feels like most of the time I'm fighting the game itself, rather than the actual content inside. I need to "dodge mechanics" such as dc-ing if I rush into a teleportal, so I gotta time my shit perfectly or I waste a good 7-9 mins of loading in. They said this game would be optimized much much better compared to tera, but as far as I can see it...(and can't believe I'm saying this but..) Tera runs sooo much smoother. Really hope they do something about this. I love the game and it's fun, but disconnecting atleast 5 times a day kind of kills it ya know?

You're a bit mistaken. I have a custom built PC, yeah it's a little older, and could use a processor upgrade for sure, however, I can't play Tera worth shit because it's poorly optimization. But, yet I can play BnS perfectly fine with very very few issues. Honestly all I'm hearing so far is that it's the individual's own PC rather than the game itself. 

The thing that you need to understand Masqava, is I hear these kind of remarks every single day in my line of work. I can tell you that 90% of people who say, it's not their computer ... it is in fact their computer, which is the source of the problem.

There is something running on your system, which is interfering with the software, which is then resulting in the process being closed.

You need to understand, that if this was the software, it would be happening to every single person in the game, which fortunately it isn't.

17 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

Sounds like you need a better computer mate!

It's not computer or internet related issues. I know a lot of people experiencing the same problem. I myself, crash a lot during blackwyrm and cross-server dungeons. I can play for 6 hours straight without any problem but it will crash when I start cross dungeon. Happen about 40% of the time .. it's annoying. 

15 minutes ago, Masqava said:

Yeah because the brand new gaming PC I made in december last year is so outdated after less than 2 months already!

If you are having issues with your system (which it seems you are as not many people are having those issues) then the onus is on you to fix it not NCsoft.  

If you have a razor device they are having issues causing the game to crash so if you have that get different mouse and keyboard till Razor can find a fix with NCsoft.

3 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

If you have McAfee or Norton installed, uninstall it.

I don''t run either, as this computer is less than 1.5 months old. all I have on it are the microsoft office programs & some games. Nothing that could really interfere.

1 minute ago, Zarec said:

If you are having issues with your system (which it seems you are as not many people are having those issues) then the onus is on you to fix it not NCsoft.  

If you have a razor device they are having issues causing the game to crash so if you have that get different mouse and keyboard till Razor can find a fix with NCsoft.

I don't have a razor device so that is not the problem.

Alread indicated it's not lag/fps/internet.

Not many programs installed. 

21 minutes ago, DoowieEU said:

Sounds like you need a better computer mate!

You know that this game runs better on old PC versions, right?

Obviously you didn't see what problems people had with even GTX 980+ 

u can see my PC Spec below and i don't even get 30fps + on world bosses / WPVP- GG yeah i need better PC that runs BF4+ on ultra 125% rendering 64 players. 

Kappa can't run 30+ people with 30+ fps in BnS. 

Just now, Masqava said:

I don't have a razor device so that is not the problem.

Alread indicated it's not lag/fps/internet.

Not many programs installed. 

It is something on your computer to cause the game to close.  Whether it be an issue with your registry on your computer (most likely) or bad driver.   I had issues with this game when I first got it thinking I had a memory leak because of it and it turned out it was my Killer drivers were outdated causing my computer to use 98% of my 32 gigs of memory.

Just now, Zarec said:

It is something on your computer to cause the game to close.  Whether it be an issue with your registry on your computer (most likely) or bad driver.   I had issues with this game when I first got it thinking I had a memory leak because of it and it turned out it was my Killer drivers were outdated causing my computer to use 98% of my 32 gigs of memory.

Well the thing is that it didn't crash nor made me disconnect.

It force closed itself and gave me an error things (the same thing you get after server crash/maintenance)

Archived