Let us purchase the Quick Draw Wuotfits!

Sdric

You want our money? Then don't remove your stock before the game even released >.>

I'ld glady throw my money at you if it was purchaseable.

(The Quick Draw outfit, was only avilable for people who founded the game before anybody even knew of it...)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sdric said:

You want our money? Then don't remove your stock before the game even released >.>

I'ld glady throw my money at you if it was purchaseable.

(The Quick Draw outfit, was only avilable for people who founded the game before anybody even knew of it...)

I really hope they don't make them purchasable. They clearly said it was only for the founder packs and they wouldn't put them in the shop, it's something that the people who bought the packs could go hey, I helped out and got a cool outfit (Even though I hate the quick draw one.) So it's highly unlikely for this to happen and I hope it doesn't. 

They did a poor job advertising the game so many people didn't know of the release until tehy started the Twitch streams 2 days before release, so limiting that costume even though they could possibly sell it to a lot of customers would be stupid.

Either way selling costumes which have actual demand is better than introducing stuff like those RNG chests with expensive materials that might screw the economy....

1 minute ago, Sdric said:

They did a poor job advertising the game so many people didn't know of the release until tehy started the Twitch streams 2 days before release, so limiting that costume even though they could possibly sell it to a lot of customers would be stupid.

Either way selling costumes which have actual demand is better than introducing stuff like those RNG chests with expensive materials that might screw the economy....

Many streamers streamed the game during TA and throughout the CBTs. There were also many Master Pack giveaways.

Also, what demand?

5 minutes ago, Sdric said:

Every few months I would google "blade & soul NA" and that's how I kept up with knowing when the game was coming out...

Although I agree I do hate RNG boxes with a passion, but they've already peeved enough people with that move, adding founder exclusive costumes as a cash grab would be a final nail for a lot of folks.

I highly doubt even NCSoft is arrogant enough to go back on their word and release these outfits to the public especially since they stated that the outfits are founder exclusive. I'm not a particularly huge fan of the outfits despite having both of them, but re-releasing this would be one heck of a blatant disregard of their previous statements and one that would completely ruin trust.

10 minutes ago, Takoyaki said:

I highly doubt even NCSoft is arrogant enough to go back on their word and release these outfits to the public especially since they stated that the outfits are founder exclusive. I'm not a particularly huge fan of the outfits despite having both of them, but re-releasing this would be one heck of a blatant disregard of their previous statements and one that would completely ruin trust.

Wouldn't be the first time.

14 minutes ago, Takoyaki said:

They said the same thing with WildStar 'exclusives' and now they are all making it into the store.

When it comes to people wanting to pay real money for items, they will put them in the store.  May take a while, but it will happen.

15 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

9 minutes ago, Cirindi said:

They said the same thing with WildStar 'exclusives' and now they are all making it into the store.

When it comes to people wanting to pay real money for items, they will put them in the store.  May take a while, but it will happen.

Well then, that is certainly not a vote of confidence lol... Well, if it comes to that many years down the line, I might not even be playing anymore. I can only hope NCsoft doesn't make such egregious mistakes

How about no

Things should be kept the way they are. That costume (along with transcendence) was for the master pack ONLY. In fact it was one of the drawing points for a lot of people ( Don't speak for everyone) However, a lot of people I know purchased it for that reason. In  a few years if not a year that costume will be hard to find and will separate people ( along with the titles)

So please, keep this the way it is. Sorry OP, but can't side with this.

I purchased a master founder's pack!

Honestly, you should've known about Blade & Soul.  Seriously, that's entirely on you.  The game was announced in 2008 or 2009.  And then the game was released in various regions from 2011 to NA / EU this year.  And the game, for years, regularly made top 10 upcoming mmopergers lists in the NA / EU.  You really can only blame yourself on that one.

Furthermore, NCSoft promised master founder's pack purchasers that the outfit would be exclusive.  And a lot of us put down $125 in part to get that outfit.  Sure, we got a lot of other things as part of that, but letting other players simply buy the same outfit for a tenth of the price would be a serious slap in the face.  That would be a blatant lie to the player base, and extreme disrespect to us, the master founders.

But should the costume remain exclusive forever?  No.  Honestly, it's not fair to other players.  Some individuals really just don't have that kind of disposable income to throw around like others might amongst other fully legitimate reasons.

So how should this system work?

Master founders have exclusivity for one year.  After one year, it goes onto the Hongmoon store for everybody to purchase.  Master founders then get another exclusive costume for the next year.  So on and so forth.

This way, the promise isn't really broken per to say, especially since master founders still immediately get access to new, exclusive kit.  Financially, that opens up the costume as an additional revenue stream, which even if a year late, is better than not at all.  And why should master founders continue to get special treatment that long after the game is released?  Because master founders voluntarily exposed themselves to huge risk before they had any guarantee of return on interest.  They are probably the most likely to stick with the game in the longterm and eventually become the whales F2P publishers covet so much.  There is no harm in rewarding them, but potentially a lot of harm in alienating them.

Everybody wins.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, Cirindi said:

Wildstar is a dead game.  May as well milk it for every last penny they can before putting it out of it's misery.  Blade & Soul, on the other hand... NCSoft has high expectations for this game.

10 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

No.  I paid $134 after tax so I would get those exclusive costumes.  It would be a complete insult to me to suddenly make them available for those who didn't bother preordering the game.

5 minutes ago, Cyradus said:

No.

They promised it was never again going to be available once the game went live. There are people who paid US$125 because of this outfit and the other perks included in the Founder Pack.

What if we immediately got another exclusive outfit?

7 hours ago, VocalMagic said:

Also can you say false advertisement...better business bureau and FCC would have a say in the matter and those fines are per person affected if memory serves. 

They stated several times that those outfits were exclusive to the founders packs.  Its the same reason Warframe will not re-release the founders items.  They legally cannot (they can but again fines out the ass). 

I have a Master's Founder's Pack and I don't care if the exclusive outfits like Quick Draw are purchaseable.  I use Transcendence or Ivory Specter more anyways.

What would be great is if they made outfits account bound, or something else convenient to make an outfit transferable to another character

1 minute ago, DrowningEarth said:

I have a Master's Founder's Pack and I don't care if the exclusive outfits like Quick Draw are purchaseable.  I use Transcendence or Ivory Specter more anyways.

What would be great is if they made outfits account bound, or something else convenient to make an outfit transferable to another character

The founders ones are.  Just waiting on the item to make the rest of them transferable.  Will depend on how they implement it if its a perm thing or if i have to rebuy it each time I want to mail it which is stupid.

Archived