Gameguard

hdm

Imagine putting gameguard without heartbeat or any decent security measure to prevent it being bypassed by the same file that has been used for TW server for ages now XD

Imagine being as cringe as ncsoft 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

• NCSOFT
3 hours ago, Zai said:

@HimeDoes it the famous anti cheat you annouced 3 months ago ? Or just a random measure ?

This is the anti-cheat system previously mentioned. GameGuard is not the end all and be all solution. It will blocks certain programs but it'll also monitor.

Just now, Hime said:

Do you get an error when you using lightshot? If yes, please contact our Customer Support team to provide the ERL files so we can forward it to the devs.

No errors, game just disappears moment I press lightshot hotkey and try to copy part of screen. Its 100% reproducible, tried couple times. Using lightshot for years, including with BNS and it was never doing something similar so only thing that it could be is that GG is killing it.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hime said:

This is the anti-cheat system previously mentioned. GameGuard is not the end all and be all solution. It will blocks certain programs but it'll also monitor.

With each update, ncsoft simply adds more and more new bugs  and the game is becoming less and less playable. There is no longer any fan, only stress remains. It seems that this company is doing everything possible to chase the player away.

1 hour ago, Hime said:

And what does the program want to "monitor" if you can just turn it off because you don't use a heartbeat for your system to keep your anticheat system running?

The anticheat system was already "offline" for most people because of this reason... minutes after opening the server. 

You should have used the time and informed yourselves. I like the idea of wanting to protect the game, but this is a joke when the anticheat can't even protect itself. That makes it totally useless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrazyDude90 said:

And what does the program want to "monitor" if you can just turn it off because you don't use a heartbeat for your system to keep your anticheat system running?

The anticheat system was already "offline" for most people because of this reason... minutes after opening the server. 

You should have used the time and informed yourselves. I like the idea of wanting to protect the game, but this is a joke when the anticheat can't even protect itself. That makes it totally useless.

Yeah this gameguard now is useless! Cheaters just by pass it just like that and thus is just aburden on those who don't cheat.

add hearbeat and make a system that checks for edited xml and reject it!  @Hime

Edited by LaraKelly
  • Like 2

so many people in so many discord servers can tell you how to bypass, its a pitty those cheaters can just continue like before

no use in sending ticket, the only answer you will get is "we look in to this, but we can't tell you what the measures will be"

10 hours ago, Hime said:

@Hime Sorry but it is not a solution at all. Your devs spend 3 months to implement an anti cheat that was already bypassed over a year ago. That time was completely wasted. If gameguard is bypassed it can't block or monitor anything.

Why are you not using a proper anti cheat like Easy Anti Cheat? The game is already on UE4. Implementing that shouldn't be an issue and there is no known bypasser yet. Or alteast enable heartbeat on gameguard so that you can't bypass it anymore. Even though that still won't fix all the issues with it.

It almost feels like your doing this on purpose. You can't tell me the devs didn't knew that gameguard was already bypassable.

38 minutes ago, lSinonl said:

@Hime Sorry but it is not a solution at all. Your devs spend 3 months to implement an anti cheat that was already bypassed over a year ago. That time was completely wasted. If gameguard is bypassed it can't block or monitor anything.

Why are you not using a proper anti cheat like Easy Anti Cheat? The game is already on UE4. Implementing that shouldn't be an issue and there is no known bypasser yet. Or alteast enable heartbeat on gameguard so that you can't bypass it anymore. Even though that still won't fix all the issues with it.

It almost feels like your doing this on purpose. You can't tell me the devs didn't knew that gameguard was already bypassable.

Heartbeat would eat up a few FPS on our side + it would make the server really laggy... Koldrak with hb on? Yeah, no chance. Hb requires frequent handshakes with every client. They prob won't enable it cuz the servers are already unstable from time to time 🤡

Edited by Hungibungi
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lSinonl said:

Why are you not using a proper anti cheat like Easy Anti Cheat?

I'm playing a game that uses it and people cheat there too, i don't think a proper anti cheat that actually stops all cheating even exists.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

Is your secret plan to use antichest to clap the market place, and then ban everyone who posted a listing or bought something from F5? because that's brilliant and the xml community didn't see that one coming

They will never do that, they can't do that. Everyone i know playing this game uses XML. Everybody! All top player use XML.

So have fun playing a not just dead, but an empty game.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

Is your secret plan to use antichest to clap the market place, and then ban everyone who posted a listing or bought something from F5? because that's brilliant and the xml community didn't see that one coming

That would be really brilliant if it was the plan,  and traped all the cheaters easily. Maybe @Himeshoudl make it be true, if or not it was the plan and banned these people once and for all.

That was sarcasm... they'd never do it, nor think about doing it. Kinda annoying that if you want to use a regular game feature, you need to bypass GG like the rest of the community, while the new measures do nothing for cheaters, they make it even more awkward for those that refuse to do it on principle. Messing up market and disabling perfectly valid macros. But at this point, is anyone even surprised that everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong?

• Like 1

As much as I'd prefer the game to be purged from all cheaters, I'm very well aware this won't happen.

However.

NCwest doesn't need to do that.

If they wanted to fix the cheating situation, all they'd have to do is provide an "example" by executing the few biggest culprits to give people a signal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knaxxxi said:

They will never do that, they can't do that. Everyone i know playing this game uses XML. Everybody! All top player use XML.

So have fun playing a not just dead, but an empty game.

I know a lot of people in this game from the first day of its opening (of course 90% of them already left the game), but I know only two, including me, who do not use these things. I feel like a freak. So yeah ...

7 hours ago, Knaxxxi said:

they can't do that.

They can, and i hope they will.

All these arrogant "You can't touch me" cheaters needs to be brought down a peg or two.

I'm sure they will do just fine by starting over from level 1.

• Like 1

the suposed reason for adding gg was to get rid of these cheaters and thus it was alrady decided to remove them no matter how arrogant and many they claim they are....

So lets finish the job and ban all those cheaters now while it easy to detact them 

Edited by LaraKelly