My first whale experience

Miggy Miggs

so i haven't been spending much real money on this game, it was probabaly like 2 years ago when i spend a lil change here and there on character alteration etc but not on trove  and stuff like that ......  i don't pve much in this game, i just pvp. i saw the rewards list for this year end trove and i was like wow, i needed some new gems  may be  new accs and stuff also wasnt looking forward to the soul , as may be i couldnt afford it if i manage to catch such a  rare drop.

i was like mmmm let me drop a 118 keys and test my luck 

the first 2 - 40 crits were so bad  i dont even remember what they were lol, the third crit 2 stars was christmas outfit, i wanted that so no prob there .... but that wasnt a 40 crit .... the third 40 crit i believe was outfits,  with a bunch of them being cat outfit ... i didnt even know cat had so much outfit fittings ...the best item from that was a cat outfit ,..... 0__O 

TO BE HONEST I BELIEVE FULLY PEOPLE SHOULD BE COMPENSATED for this that was literally a waste of key and waste of a crit .

i use the rest of my gold to buy more keys not feeling impressed at all.....

i manage to hit another 40 crit, guess what ???? it was a one star crit  , but had 2 star items .. -__-

it was 3 prem stone , nothing i was looking for really just items for resale , , sold and bought more keys ....  with hm coin.

i got an outfit crit saw outfits for 200g lol and a hat for 100 , this is trove and outfit prices are this high, why the changes?

i did saw a 2  - 3  star crit upon reaching 300 keys with hm coin from season reward1 was not impressive at all .... 2 blood rose  i think and scarlet reset box, the next 3 star was grand cles... weapon mats.

i saw 2 star crit  with some garbo gems .

overall this trove doesnt stand up to the reward list .......half the reward on the list ...are scarce 

the reason for this is how the items are stacked , in a  2 star crit , only 2 items are actually 2 stars worthy and the others are 1 stars, same thing for 3 stars too.

only reason i continued troving is because am using hm coins, but other wise not making that mistake again.... 

ive seen other troves where i dont even use 50 keys from hm coin and i get something worthy of my time and money .

alot of people i spoke to said the same thing .....

I LITERALLY SEEN THE BUTTERFLY PET LIKE LITERALLY EVERY 40 CRIT ROLL AFTER 100 KEYS 

rng is rng tho but after seeing countless 40 crit with butterfly pet, lose hope after that .

well that was my experience .

Edited by Miggy Miggs

First, that was not a "Whale" experience because you haven't spent thousands and hundreds of thousands $$$/£££/€€€ to be classified as a whale that was an average player experience.

Second. Trove is a gamble so it has a function as you expect from a slot machine to grab your money and not give you much back if at all.

I have stopped spending money on trove since the previous one because I got scammed hard, spent around 400 keys worth of real money and in-game gold and got kicked in the balls...

but still, even if he is not even a Dolphin, the rewards here sucks big time.  RNG might be RNG, I got like 200 Keys from HMcoins and no, I don't feel tempted to cash in for more. I know that some folks may have their smart-ass comments for this, but NCsoft might think about this, because it is their income.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Belido:

but still, even if he is not even a Dolphin, the rewards here sucks big time.

That may be true and i totally agree but he wants compensation thats something we need to stop.

People gamble and expect something not understanding what gambling is to the full extend. You may get the items you want but you probably wont. Alot of casher complain about this in a support ticket and guess what the support does ? They give them up to 42K HM coins for free as compensation.

I dont mind them giving out free HM coins but if so they should give it to everyone who complains instead of making big RNG from it where your chances increase by the $$$ you payed ingame.

2 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

That may be true and i totally agree but he wants compensation thats something we need to stop.

People gamble and expect something not understanding what gambling is to the full extend. You may get the items you want but you probably wont. Alot of casher complain about this in a support ticket and guess what the support does ? They give them up to 42K HM coins for free as compensation.

I dont mind them giving out free HM coins but if so they should give it to everyone who complains instead of making big RNG from it where your chances increase by the $$$ you payed ingame.

Or what about transparency? Ofc ppl complain, if they dont know the chances. But sure, its easier to trick ppl into unknown...

vor einer Stunde schrieb KzE:

Or what about transparency? Ofc ppl complain, if they dont know the chances. But sure, its easier to trick ppl into unknown...

I believe in china they are forced to write down the %. Since it gets programmed in Korea for us and i am sure for CH aswell we should have the same %.

31 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

I believe in china they are forced to write down the %. Since it gets programmed in Korea for us and i am sure for CH aswell we should have the same %.

Its a very different version. They had all endgame gear in it and they had 2 troves, one for money and one for gold.

vor 27 Minuten schrieb KzE:

Its a very different version. They had all endgame gear in it and they had 2 troves, one for money and one for gold.

It dosent matter what they had in it. It matters what the % of their 2 star and 3 star crits are this should be the same for us aswell.

There is no other way to know any % and since NC is only driven by $$$ theese days there is no way they will give us the % cause people might do less trove then.

What we would need are restrictions by law and i dont talk about any kind of prohibitation it would be enough to force the devs to show actual % and rate the game R for Mature or 18 depending on where you live but till the law finally caught up with the gaming scene it our best bet to look at the other versions of BNS. I mean most stuff we know about the other regions come nearly 1:1 to our server all the time.

27 minutes ago, ImoutoMaster said:

It dosent matter what they had in it. It matters what the % of their 2 star and 3 star crits are this should be the same for us aswell.

There is no other way to know any % and since NC is only driven by $$$ theese days there is no way they will give us the % cause people might do less trove then.

What we would need are restrictions by law and i dont talk about any kind of prohibitation it would be enough to force the devs to show actual % and rate the game R for Mature or 18 depending on where you live but till the law finally caught up with the gaming scene it our best bet to look at the other versions of BNS. I mean most stuff we know about the other regions come nearly 1:1 to our server all the time.

After the new loot box regulation, games must have:

Daily limits on how many purchased loot boxes a player can open:
          - No more than 30 single loot boxes;
          - No more than three “10x” loot box bundles;
          - No more than 50 boxes in total;

Clear in-game display of a player’s daily limit showing how many loot box opens they have left.

Drop chances that gradually changes in a player’s favour in correlation to how many loot boxes they have purchased.

The % wont be static, look the last line. Still no point to compare anything.

I don't see the point at all to moan on forum's posts, it's just pointless as BNS won't remove the Trove as it gives them so much money.

And second of all, no one actually forces anyone to buy anything - let's be honest here.

Just now, Immunity said:

the issue is not having bad luck, it is having bad items when having luck.

ikr, 2 star crit are so garbage 

and 3 star crits are items you should be getting for 2 star crits.

Just now, Fareia said:

I don't see the point at all to moan on forum's posts, it's just pointless as BNS won't remove the Trove as it gives them so much money.

And second of all, no one actually forces anyone to buy anything - let's be honest here.

well no one force me but showing people all those stuff, and making trove reward as broken as ever just to know you aint getting any of that is so wrong and rub everyone the wrong way ..... wish i i had listen to kerop..... and not trove . well let them enjoy that money...they will never get a thing from me again.

why on earth would a 2 star crit contains a bunch a cat outfit and ornaments even to this day am still upset about that crit, waste of money . i dont even have a cat. they fixed it and yet not compensated for it that whats i want compensation for,...

but anyways you live and you learn, they only digging their own graves , next trove i doubt alot of people are gonna trove after they experience this time around i have seen all the trash crits on reddit . so i know its not me alot but rng is rng until you know how low of a percentage , they set most of the good items to. then you really know if you have a chance. literally every one star crit is the same thing over and over and over and over .

That was the last trove for me. I spent $100 USD on 200 keys and I got NOTHING of value.

NCsoft is tone deaf and the whole RNG excuse is bull ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

I paid you the value of 2 AAA games and got NOTHING.

Didn't buy any Ncoin this trove, used my HM coin from rankings to do some keys.

I've been playing this game for 4 years and have participated in usually every 2nd trove, you can see all the videos on my youtube (www.JonJonPoPong.com). I've never gotten anything Amazing, however usually the trove would be a supply of good materials and Legendary jewels, Fall trove was nothing but the same hot garbage 1 stars over and over.

They must make the trove such hot garbage because gambling addicts will just keep doing it.

Hey NCsoft, if your customer gives you $100 USD and isn't happy with having done that, that's bad business. Everyone who does trove should leave it feeling happy.

Edited by JonJonPoPong2

I had opposite as you. I just play pve and one of my crits were pvp gems other stuff. I had to go with the 75 legendary jewels.

I did trove a few times before but you had to be content with getting mats in the past. Going forward with trove I don't think using 94 out of 100 keys and getting one star just for some mats or reduced price legendary jewels/elements is going to cut it.

They need to add better items for one star or make two star more common.

Look at the bigger picture guys. If trove becomes so worthless, eventually nobody would cash in on it, they'll have to remove it and rebalance the material yields ingame so we can be rewarded for playing, as the game was originally envisioned. And this is totally not blind optimism on my part or anything of the sort /sacasm

I guess I got little lucky got legendary triangular garnets 1 critical damage and other one. 

+1 Black Mistic gem AP20 

Used ~150 Keys

Last 50-60 Keys wasted because got gems like in key cap 40-80

Edited by RNB

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get why you all call rng with is probability system. Rng is when there is no probability estimation. Proability is matcheable. Rng is not. If somethins is RNg you have the same chances to get it 100 times straight. Or 0 times straight. But bns does not work like that. You have 80% chances of getting something 0 times, and you have 20% chances of getting something 100 times. Thats not RNG, is probabaility rigged for something concrete.

I hate when dumb people say "meh is rng" lol.

Edited by Rastei