Archer??

Faye Renee1

Sadly true. I say sadly, because that will be yet another class to add to the mess that is pvp balance. Again, I don't do pvp, but I understand more than anything that a healthy pvp is key to bring back this game to life.

• 3 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/Craig_chan_/status/1131095231942627328

Is this true? Archer only for Jin and Lyn?

Then we have this

Jin: 8 classes, 1 exclusive
 (Assassin), Blade Master, Kung Fu Master, Warlock, Soul Fighter, Gunslinger, Warden, [Archer]

Lyn: 7 classes, 2 exclusive
 (Summoner), (Blade Dancer), Force Master, Warlock, Gunslinger, Warden, [Archer]

Gon: 5 classes, 1 exclusive
 (Destroyer), Kung Fu Master, Force Master, Soul Fighter, Warden

Yun: 5 classes, 0 exclusive
 Force Master, Blade Master, Kung Fu Master, Soul Fighter, Gunslinger

So why does the most appropriate class, Yun, not get an archer? Nothing for the elves, but small rats are now allowed to keep a big bow? And a eight class for Jin? Yun also has no exclusive class. For this, Archer would be also good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zini said:

https://twitter.com/Craig_chan_/status/1131095231942627328

Is this true? Archer only for Jin and Lyn?

Then we have this

Jin: 8 classes, 1 exclusive
 (Assassin), Blade Master, Kung Fu Master, Warlock, Soul Fighter, Gunslinger, Warden, [Archer]

Lyn: 7 classes, 2 exclusive
 (Summoner), (Blade Dancer), Force Master, Warlock, Gunslinger, Warden, [Archer]

Gon: 5 classes, 1 exclusive
 (Destroyer), Kung Fu Master, Force Master, Soul Fighter, Warden

Yun: 5 classes, 0 exclusive
 Force Master, Blade Master, Kung Fu Master, Soul Fighter, Gunslinger

So why does the most appropriate class, Yun, not get an archer? Nothing for the elves, but small rats are now allowed to keep a big bow? And a eight class for Jin? Yun also has no exclusive class. For this, Archer would be also good.

Yeah, I agree it's getting ridiculous. I understand the love for lyn in the East, but Yun, the one elf looking race, not having the one class everyone associates with elves? Anyway.... Same happened with Gon gunner, and here we are still waiting for that...

• Like 1

Make threads saying how much you want more Gon/Yun classes without crying about Lyns.

If you can't actually back what you want then of course you'll never get it.

Companies will always support what makes them the most. So prove what you want is worth a profit instead of shouting how something else isnt.

Anyway uhhhh yeah, KR in what 2 or 3 weeks? So NA/EU would be 2 months or so after

23 minutes ago, Showta said:

Make threads saying how much you want more Gon/Yun classes without crying about Lyns.

If you can't actually back what you want then of course you'll never get it.

Companies will always support what makes them the most. So prove what you want is worth a profit instead of shouting how something else isnt.

Anyway uhhhh yeah, KR in what 2 or 3 weeks? So NA/EU would be 2 months or so after

That won't do it. Additional classes are added to the more profitable races, so saying how much one person would like a gon gunner or a yun archer won't be worth against the huge mass of people over in the East that would like a lyn of whatever class right now... Heck, a lyn kfm would have better chance of being made than a gon gunner. So really. The problem is not how much we want it, but how many DO want it...

Edited by Hanuku

I really don't want Blade & Soul to turn into TERA with all these class restrictions. Fortunately for this game, it doesn't have those stupid gender-locked restrictions for new classes, but it's slowly going to be compensated with more and more race restrictions for classes.

Why can't the Yun wield a bow? They aren't all magic, you know. They can be archers, too.

8 hours ago, TheElementalFlow said:

Looks like Archer is releasing in Korea and China on June 12th. I'll be looking forward to check that out. As far as if Unreal Engine 4 will come out along with Archer, we won't know until June 12th. I'm pretty excited though.

https://i.redd.it/lw9e8sm8joz21.png

To be honest, what I'm more concerned about is if through this Archer update, most if not all bugs will be fixed and resolved, and that paywall barrier will be weakened a bit so new players have a chance. That's something that'll help in the game in the long run if they're addressed and fixed through this upcoming update.

8 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

To be honest, what I'm more concerned about is if through this Archer update, most if not all bugs will be fixed and resolved, and that paywall barrier will be weakened a bit so new players have a chance. That's something that'll help in the game in the long run if they're addressed and fixed through this upcoming update.

Sorry but I so doubt this. I'm actually more worried about even more bugs being introduced, plus an extra class for pvp to fall into madness with because more balance issues. Seriously, I may be a small minority, but I believe a new class was something this game didn't need, even though there may be many interesting ideas for classes out there that would fit. But the current state of the game, I feel needs a lot more tweaking before venturing into extra content. Then again, bug fixes aren't known for generating lots of revenue in the short run. And this game sadly also needs that.

15 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

None of that is going to happen, if that's what you happen to be waiting for you should quit now. UE4 should alleviate some bugs and introduce others that don't currently exist.

11 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

None of that is going to happen, if that's what you happen to be waiting for you should quit now. UE4 should alleviate some bugs and introduce others that don't currently exist.

UE4 will not improve the game, it will make it just bloom, glow, sparkle and shine more. Under no circumstances will it give more fps, most likely it will ask higher requirements instead.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb RavTH:

UE4 will not improve the game, it will make it just bloom, glow, sparkle and shine more. Under no circumstances will it give more fps, most likely it will ask higher requirements instead.

Well I guess it depends, if your up-to-date hardware is usually pretty bored while running the BnS client (at limited/bad performance), there should be a chance that those hardware resources are used way better with the UE4 client resulting in higher FPS. But I think we will find out soon enough =)

1 hour ago, Belido said:

Well I guess it depends, if your up-to-date hardware is usually pretty bored while running the BnS client (at limited/bad performance), there should be a chance that those hardware resources are used way better with the UE4 client resulting in higher FPS. But I think we will find out soon enough =)

I worry that the game won't be better solely by switching to UE4. Devs need to be better at optimization. This game could run like a dream in UE3 if it was properly optimized. But that takes time, and corporate heads want everything done, ready, and making money in an instant. So UE4's improvement will be most likely minimal. By switching to UE4, we will only see what Epic did to the engine. Not what the BnS devs can do with it.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Hanuku:

I worry that the game won't be better solely by switching to UE4. Devs need to be better at optimization. This game could run like a dream in UE3 if it was properly optimized. But that takes time, and corporate heads want everything done, ready, and making money in an instant. So UE4's improvement will be most likely minimal. By switching to UE4, we will only see what Epic did to the engine. Not what the BnS devs can do with it.

with UE3 Client we are going for DX9, with UE4 there should be some higher versions, which increases the chance that unused CPU cores might get into use...

51 minutes ago, Belido said:

with UE3 Client we are going for DX9, with UE4 there should be some higher versions, which increases the chance that unused CPU cores might get into use...

people made it use all cores and it still shutters with lowest graphics.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb RavTH:

people made it use all cores and it still shutters with lowest graphics.

DX9 isn't very efficient in using multi cores... limitations can create quite some overhead

36 minutes ago, Cor said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7I7_78UwAExi3T.jpg

^Does that look like a rat to you guys? Archer will be for jin and yun on launch not lyn. Actually try to think a bit instead of believing every stupid rumor someone posts.

they say it will be for lyn because they do that for every new class, thank god destroyer and sin is not polluted by that pleauge, even tho people modded the animations are there in the client but it's for every character race model.