Changes to help new & returning players.. Where are they?

Caladiel

9 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

I started at baleful 9 on my alts. Used titan nebula stones to get to 12 then raven nebula stone to get to raven 3. Saved me a boatload.

Post-event who knows what's going to happen, but I'd recommend taking advantage of the event while it lasts.

Act IX will likely come not too far down the line, and considering how much they clearly want everyone out of all content associated with the Baleful/Seraph line, and into what is currently tier two weapons, plus how they just added a new weapon tier, I quite imagine that in Act IX, the Baleful/Seraph line will be completely, to effectively phased out of expected gear progression like prior weapon lines have been. The Baleful/Seraph weapon box we currently get in Act VII, will likely be replaced with new non-evolving weapons, with another one given in Act VIII, then we'll probably either be given a stage one weapon in the current tier two lines in Act IX, or they'll give us a stage twelve Baleful/Seraph, and make upgrading to a tier two weapon fairly trivial.

5 hours ago, oapjr said:

Where are they?

1. They implemented tokens to get legendary acc (you don't have to bid fight)

2. You don't have to spam 100 runs to get old legendary acc, now its just 10 runs.

3. They consolidated dungeon tokens. Before it was claw, horn, wing, hand and now its just draken or hellion core. Not to say that they crit more often.

4. You can get elemental acc with Faded acc and elemental prisms.

5. Most acc and mats are way cheaper and easier to get now than when the raid came out (Not everybody needs it and some raids have main priority rule)

As for the gold and material you need to upgrade there is nothing to do about it. If you're between casual and hardcore player its normal to wait a month or more to upgrade a single stage of a weapon, acc, soul or pet. This is the mmorpg life.

Seriously? Most of what you listed was done many months ago, while we're talking about right now. Then especially with a game like B&S, which is constantly rendering old content/items obsolete, they always will in time make getting items easier, then literally just give it away, until it is basically phased out, or removed from the game entirely. Also to even get into raids outside of the new one they just released, and without paying to be "carried," these days you basically need to have all the stuff from said raid, or better already, as that's what the player base demands so they have fast, and easy runs. That's why making old, defunct, about ready to be tossed out, or at least handed to people in the story content items easier to get doesn't help people much. Then the content NCSoft wants people doing, currently has the standard community demands of 1.1k AP+, right now a new player straight out of the story will have about 900 AP.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I said was mostly a reply to @SkyStorm who said:

Events are band-aids. People want long term solutions, not stop-gaps.

And I might listed things done many months ago, but faded necklace (vt elemental neck) is recent.

This event you can get stones that make upgrades cheaper for lower tier weapons (baleful/seraph;dawnforged/riftwalk;raven) and not aransu. If this is not helping new/returning players please tell me know what this is.

Its not a solution thats what it is. Once the event is over upgrading to raven 1 is gonna cost 3k gold in materials again and the guys there can collect their pennies of a income for 4 months before advancing, by which point even raven will be obsolete probably.

Solution? Solution for what? Gear upgrade cost already increases from low to high end equipment. Upgrading bale/seraph to raven is way cheaper than upgrading raven to aransu.

Even after the event is over you have about a month (August 15) to still use the stones you got during the event.

3k gold to upgrade to raven 1? You're not suppose to buy everything from F5, only whales do that, you're suppose to use crystals versions of materials, craft and transmute.

Yeah, craft those emps using what materials? You're not gonna get unbound materials anywhere there, besides weekly if people let you. If we're crafting instead of saving up the money to buy the material the time to upgrade is even longer.  Empyreans, trans stones and the like do not have a crystal version.

And sure, upgrading to aransu is expensive... heres the difference: raven is required to run anything at all by the community, while aransu is endgame. You cant simply compare that.

Now with most of the event having ran its course, my raven 4 is getting kicked from NS and such again, simply because the community is complete aids.

Insert obligatory "yeah then make your own group" post.

Because people join parties with a "undergeared" leader? I tested smth. My alt, bale12, full legendary and BT accs. 5 mins, noone joins the NS party. Then i hand leader to my friend (aransu) and have him recruit... boom people. 

I'm not the OP, but I think the whole point of this thread was a response to the post made by Community Coordinator Cyan on June 14, in which he states

"We will be announcing some changes in the coming week to help with some of the pain points players are currently experiencing."

He did not follow through; there were no announcements made, ever. Basically they had nerfed gold drops from dailies and the dc and, when players complained, said they'd make changes and didn't.

Most of this thread, including my own posts, has gone way off topic. 

honestly.... the pugs of 2018 wouldn't have lasted a second back in 2016 soguns lament etc. help have been given to newer players for so damn long now, ever wondered why all the alt gunners are bale 9? that's because the storyline carried them there.

ever tried getting a destiny ring before going for a bt one? of course not, why do that when you can just get carried.

ever properly farmed nf/dt for the accs and set effect? of course not, you get free draken cores from storyline side quests, you just have to get carried.

ever bothered to level the nf/dt accs above stage 3? na you'll soon exchange them for better ones.

did you try recruiting people just like you with great success? of course not, because people with storyline gear are garbage at the game and have not been properly introduced to "mechanics" and strategies for each and every dungeon, when you searched for a party 1 and a half year ago anyone daring to join the party obviously knew mechanics. 

now us more experienced players has to run further than 16m away to get a mark or what not, because that's where the storyline cripple and his wheelchair have taken up residence.

waiting for your butthurt quotes, go right ahead.

1 hour ago, LuIius said:

waiting for your butthurt quotes, go right ahead.

No quotes other than this one. You sound like the one who's butt is hurting. Get off your high horse and get over yourself, "more experienced player." You can play the game for 10 years and still suck at it. 

Maybe you should use the energy you've reserved for responding to butthurt quotes for something other than critical, disparaging, and undeserved statements about new players, as though they were born into a lower social caste.

1 minute ago, SkyStorm said:

No quotes other than this one. You sound like the one who's butt is hurting. Get off your high horse and get over yourself, "more experienced player." You can play the game for 10 years and still suck at it. 

Maybe you should use the energy you've reserved for responding to butthurt quotes for something other than critical, disparaging, and undeserved statements about new players, as though they were born into a lower social caste.

never said im not disspleased with the current state of things, I love helping people and used to do so alot, but now there's just something with their attitude I cannot stand. none the less, I don't see them as a lower caste of society, I'm simply annoyed at ncsoft for making sure getting carried is the norm in f8 for lower level characters.

as for your first statement, there's no denying people with more playtime tend to be more experience, not only because they've played the game for a longer time but because the game used to be more of a challenge for everyone.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LuIius:

ever tried getting a destiny ring before going for a bt one? of course not, why do that when you can just get carried.

A lot of people do that... but the destiny is literally trash. Like. Its a meme. Gives a lot of AP, but dps? Hahaha no. (awakened) Black Dawn > Destiny. 

Getting destiny and spending money to upgrade it will get you laughed at by anyone who understands even a tiny bit about how damage works in this game.

(hint: its all about stacking damage multipliers, not base damage. 20% dmg increase from elemental damage will do far more for your dps than 30 ap will do.)

1 hour ago, LuIius said:

never said im not disspleased with the current state of things, I love helping people and used to do so alot, but now there's just something with their attitude I cannot stand. none the less, I don't see them as a lower caste of society, I'm simply annoyed at ncsoft for making sure getting carried is the norm in f8 for lower level characters.

What attitude ?

Bad attitude low level player is kind of rare from my experience, they either veeery silent or veeery communicative/ social.  Most issues i found tho is language barrier :x  It's that usually spell my dungeon time's death. and i kinda found no real solution.

In the other side however... I found impatience are real be it in both old and new player and more so in older one.  and faulty definition related to "what's considered being carried"

I just glanced over this thread and would like to give my input as a fairly new player (played since maybe feb.) With some researching and noticing a few trends of events I have close to 4 level 55s that are able to do weeklies in order to farm the materials to make most items that can be traded meeting the normal AP requirement of 1K pretty easily. As for when I started I'm still a free to play player and honestly don't have the means to invest into the game currently but might when I'm able so keep this in mind. I put effort in my characters doing the events and such to not only get my gems from events from literally nothing but also the material stocks that would make old players PM me to buy off some of my extra..

It just requires effort and time however if you don't have the time being casual it is still doable you just won't progress fast like a whale or a older player that has a main or two that can funnel stuff into a alt. Even events can be farmed if your willing to put in the time and effort across characters while it may drain some gold mailing it since there isn't a account tab in storage that is shared to mail items to and from....You can still make a pretty penny weekly.

In short new players and returning players that don't feel entitled and like to work towards what they have to enjoy it more will be just fine from the current state of Blade and Soul while entitled little shits that believe everything should be handed to them will be hurting.

PS. a temp gem solution for new players was put @ celestial basin in the hex/hep gem chests while you can't salvage or trade them.... solution for your AP issues getting into some weeklies and raids for BT to keep progression going.

I don't have a problem with the game's players, old or new, except for those who buy into and defend NCSoft's lies and deception, and accuse other players of having a bad attitude, "carry me" mentality, or entitlement syndrome, when the root of the cause is obvious.

It is what it is. And what it is, is a company that is becoming increasingly more predatory and being steered by greed and incompetence. NCSoft has pissed all over the community and is telling us it was just a little rain.

The community needs to stop turning on each other and direct their frustrations at the source of the problem, which is the NCSoft god that giveth, then taketh away.

Just my $0.02 worth of ranting. I've grown weary of the nonsense so I'm gonna shut up and play BDO for awhile. 

7 minutes ago, SkyStorm said:

I don't have a problem with the game's players, old or new, except for those who buy into and defend NCSoft's lies and deception, and accuse other players of having a bad attitude, "carry me" mentality, or entitlement syndrome, when the root of the cause is obvious.

It is what it is. And what it is, is a company that is becoming increasingly more predatory and being steered by greed and incompetence. NCSoft has pissed all over the community and is telling us it was just a little rain.

The community needs to stop turning on each other and direct their frustrations at the source of the problem, which is the NCSoft god that giveth, then taketh away.

Just my $0.02 worth of ranting. I've grown weary of the nonsense so I'm gonna shut up and play BDO for awhile. 

While I do understand your view point... it isn't solely on NCSoft. They are our glorified hosts. They can suggest changes to the game and market it to us however changes come from KR and are really up to them. While some changes to the game might seem harsh to us like the gold being removed from Daily Challenge, you have to keep in mind that it happen in KR as well it is just our timeline is more sped up to keep us getting more content to do. While it does hurt players and in a way put more focus on the cash shop to progress they offer means for us players that are willing to put in some effort.

As for the players with the attitude or want to be carried constantly, I play most days and constantly see it in most chat channels openly. Even players offering to carry others in raids to feed those players which honestly makes them into weaker players in the long run if you think about it. I'm more then willing to open up discussion about it on discord, or here.

1 hour ago, Kitsune Takahashi said:

it isn't solely on NCSoft. They are our glorified hosts. They can suggest changes to the game and market it to us however changes come from KR and are really up to them.

That argument would be valid if Team Bloodlust was an independent developer, but it isn't. Team Bloodlust is an internal development unit of NCSoft; they do whatever their bosses tell them to do. 

7 hours ago, Granger said:

A lot of people do that... but the destiny is literally trash. Like. Its a meme. Gives a lot of AP, but dps? Hahaha no. (awakened) Black Dawn > Destiny. 

Getting destiny and spending money to upgrade it will get you laughed at by anyone who understands even a tiny bit about how damage works in this game.

(hint: its all about stacking damage multipliers, not base damage. 20% dmg increase from elemental damage will do far more for your dps than 30 ap will do.)

A lot of people used Destiny Ring with Necklase for the bonus, also the Destiny Ring is cheapest of all to upgrade to stage 10 and then use Red Crux, that's why it was useful, and still is usefull. Back there were no "Black Dawn" but Zakhan/Pyro and they were pretty bad as rings but we used them as earring instead.

(Hint: skyshatter stage10 will give more dps in PVE than bt ring stage 10 to some classes.)

6 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

What attitude ?

Bad attitude low level player is kind of rare from my experience, they either veeery silent or veeery communicative/ social.  Most issues i found tho is language barrier :x  It's that usually spell my dungeon time's death. and i kinda found no real solution.

In the other side however... I found impatience are real be it in both old and new player and more so in older one.  and faulty definition related to "what's considered being carried"

"Noob hm15!! I said recruit!" (someone messed up mark on IF first boss.)

"If you can't carry me don't waste my time!" (Someone in SM did not share fire)

"You can't FD? Because you didn't take flower! Learn Mechanics!" (Some one that I carried hard in HH for their Know Your Enemy Part 2 quest.)

Yea very rare to find fresh from story line dissing carries. Still I carried them cause without new players game will die slowly and I don't want the same thing to happen like it did to Cabal2.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb RavTH:

A lot of people used Destiny Ring with Necklase for the bonus, also the Destiny Ring is cheapest of all to upgrade to stage 10 and then use Red Crux, that's why it was useful, and still is usefull. Back there were no "Black Dawn" but Zakhan/Pyro and they were pretty bad as rings but we used them as earring instead.

(Hint: skyshatter stage10 will give more dps in PVE than bt ring stage 10 to some classes.)

Yea, but red crux aside id never suggest you to upgrade, let alone wear the ring, so why tell new players to use upgraded destiny rings? If you want the setbonus you should be wearing oath neck and eterny belt as those will be replaced much latter. 

The ap fetishism of f8 is gross and so misguided like you wouldnt belive... i can mix and match certain SS, get a highly upgraded destiny and some decent gems, have 1,1k+ ap but do only 60k dps because of it, instead of 220k+ with my normal gear... but the former is somehow "better" and gets me into the dungeons i actually need to run instead of eating dirt because im missing 30 ap.

Meanwhile skyshatter is something else to BT rings than destiny is to black dawn; skyshatter also stacks damage multipliers, but instead of elemental damage its a big crit damage value, so obviously if you play a class that gets crit (or even guranteed crits galore) like a mofo from its mechanics... 

3 hours ago, RavTH said:

I would actually like to see a parse for this because its actually not true. If you look at the crystal cost of upgrading the Destiny ring to stage 10 for the crux vs the costs of evolving an accessory to stage 1 it costs a few more crystals to upgrade the ring, so in the end all you really save are 2 premium stones which for some is not worth going the trouble.

As for the DPS increase: Skyshatter is only useful if you have focus issues. But Raid wise, skyshatter falls far behind in terms of damage compared to BT ring. As Skyshatter only stacks with Crits while BT with all damage + elemental modifiers on skills. skyshatter is a great alternative. there was even a whole discussion on reddit.

Here you have a parse:

nFqyQGp.png

They keep applying updates here that were shipped in from Korea, sometimes I think even sooner than Korea got them, as I think some of the newer reward nerfs we got, where made in Korea when they already had Act IX, which we of course still don't have. Although on a whole the situation in Korea is different than here. Our release was in full launch right near the start of 2016, but back during our betas people kept gripping about how easy the game was, so NCSoft boosted mob stats like HP vs what other versions have, I think that global change is still in affect today. Then for instance to go from HM 1-20 in Korea takes about half as much XP as it does here, so them releasing new classes makes more sense there, as being able to actually play multiple characters is easier, with gearing up also being easier from what I gather. Some may then try to claim that's as Korea is pay to play, except that in the later part of 2016, they went F2P as well, yet I believe they didn't boost the XP requirements, and such when they did. Then when you combine our boosted grind, with an expedited content release schedule, they really didn't do the people trying to catch up any favours, especially when they keep nerfing the rewards of content people can do, and are trying to use to gear up, which even further slows progress.

On 7/9/2018 at 4:33 AM, oapjr said:

What I said was mostly a reply to @SkyStorm who said:

And I might listed things done many months ago, but faded necklace (vt elemental neck) is recent.

This event you can get stones that make upgrades cheaper for lower tier weapons (baleful/seraph;dawnforged/riftwalk;raven) and not aransu. If this is not helping new/returning players please tell me know what this is.

Wow, one out of five things wasn't ancient history, big deal. Then as has been said, events are band-aid fixes, which is something they just keep doing, events have been far, far, FAR too important to the development of our characters in this version of the game, rather than being events people do for fun, and extra stuff. It would be much better to just make changes to the content, than add new grinds with these temp events to "fix" problems they created. Also as I even said in that post, it looks like the Baleful/Seraph line is about ready to be tossed, just as older weapon lines have been, as a result, so what if they're temporarily making it cheaper to upgrade to something they may hand out for free in a few months by doing Act IX story quests anyhow.

2 hours ago, Why Bother said:

They keep applying updates here that were shipped in from Korea, sometimes I think even sooner than Korea got them, as I think some of the newer reward nerfs we got, where made in Korea when they already had Act IX, which we of course still don't have

True, and if we look for videos we can see that some daily quest and dinamic quest from dgs on NA/EU right now are beyond worse than KR (they say its is KR changes but even in KR already change after few patchs again). Right now daily quest from Naryu Sanctum on KR give more gold than NA and 10 blackstone fragments (only 1 on NA) and dinamic quest give 4 peculiar promises chest + exp. So some changes here don't make sense at all. LOL. 

2 hours ago, Why Bother said:

Then for instance to go from HM 1-20 in Korea takes about half as much XP as it does here, so them releasing new classes makes more sense there, as being able to actually play multiple characters is easier, with gearing up also being easier from what I gather.

I talk about this in old post, they keep saying trying reach KR in term of content but WHY we get lot of patchs which change rewards and give improvements (what improvements?) to get close to KR content, and don't get the same HM EXP like KR? 

5 hours ago, Nomade13 said:

True, and if we look for videos we can see that some daily quest and dinamic quest from dgs on NA/EU right now are beyond worse than KR (they say its is KR changes but even in KR already change after few patchs again). Right now daily quest from Naryu Sanctum on KR give more gold than NA and 10 blackstone fragments (only 1 on NA) and dinamic quest give 4 peculiar promises chest + exp. So some changes here don't make sense at all. LOL. 

Guess that would be why it's supposedly easier to get geared up there, they get more stuff from the same content.

5 hours ago, Nomade13 said:

I talk about this in old post, they keep saying trying reach KR in term of content but WHY we get lot of patchs which change rewards and give improvements (what improvements?) to get close to KR content, and don't get the same HM EXP like KR? 

Plus if the mob stats boost to things like HP is still being applied, that means we have to fight them longer to get XP, yet still need about twice as much XP to level up. It's all pretty annoying.

56 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

Guess that would be why it's supposedly easier to get geared up there, they get more stuff from the same content.

And I thought Koreans love grinding a whole ton more than we NA/EU players do.

In the end ---  Grinding = developer's inability to create meaningful content. Games should be fun, not a 2nd job or an eternal chore. Life's too short in the end.

On 10/07/2018 at 11:30 AM, HateMe said:

I would actually like to see a parse for this because its actually not true. If you look at the crystal cost of upgrading the Destiny ring to stage 10 for the crux vs the costs of evolving an accessory to stage 1 it costs a few more crystals to upgrade the ring, so in the end all you really save are 2 premium stones which for some is not worth going the trouble.

As for the DPS increase: Skyshatter is only useful if you have focus issues. But Raid wise, skyshatter falls far behind in terms of damage compared to BT ring. As Skyshatter only stacks with Crits while BT with all damage + elemental modifiers on skills. skyshatter is a great alternative. there was even a whole discussion on reddit.

Here you have a parse:

nFqyQGp.png

some people use skyshatter cuz of ping issues and that focus regen saves it.

Archived