Changes to help new & returning players.. Where are they?

Caladiel

We've had one post almost two weeks ago saying there would be a response that same week.

Only thing that followed is deadly silence and new info about even worse changes on KR that might hit new & returning players harder. 

Either start being truthful or stop trying to muffle us with false information.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is all depends on how you view "helping new players". My personal opinion is that, if things are easier to do for any new lvl55 character now than for us "old players" back when we did the same things, I call that's helping new players.

If you agree with me on that, then you will find out it is much easier to, let's say, get 5 legendary accs (BT ring, BT earring, DT necklace, NS bracelet, and NF belt) as well as a raven 3 weapon during this event.

Among those, the hardest dungeon may be NS and I tested with my friends a couple days ago, where 6 of us all have 820~AP (namely no gems), no legendary acc, baleful 7 (if you are arguing it is hard to get baleful 7 I really do not know what to say). No SB, had BB (sin). And we made it in a single try, no wipes whatsoever. I was playing my alt which is a BM and I do not consider myself as an "exp BM". Of course, it will be different for new players because they may never play NS before so it may take couple of wipes for them to learn the mechs. But I do not see any problem with that, players are supposed to learn the mechs either from wipes or tons of guide videos on YouTube.

Same thing for Raven 3 weapon, assuming you have no clan so no one carries you with BT. I believe besides the sealed raven mat (which only costs ~30 gold now), one empyrean stone (~220 gold) and the upgrade costs. There is nothing a new player need to buy. You can craft transformation stones using the mats you get from weekly. You can get raven soul from weekly too. Account bound mat are really easy to get (at least the amount a new player need all the way to raven 3), just do the dailies and weeklies. Feathers are easy to get as well. And yes this is not a quick process. You are not getting a raven 3 from nothing within a week. But I would say it takes at most a month or two so do this now before the event ends.

The most difficult part must be the two BT accs because it requires you to actually clean BT as a new player. The good news is that NC nerfed BT to a very low level raid. I believe most people who can do weeklies are capable of doing BT. Sadly I cannot convince 11 friends to do a test using the limited gears with me but I believe it is possible for new players to clean at least boss 1-3. My suggestion is to either find a clan, or form a clan. Gathering some friends and play together, it is a MMO game after all. Believe or not, most friends of mine do the raid (VT/TT) just for fun, not for the gears or gold.

The real problem is that many new players are afraid to do the hard dungeons and BT (even tho those are actually not hard). Some of them even do not try if there is no 1.2k player carrying them. And some of them rage quit after just one or two wipes. I think BnS may not be the right game for them.

I forgot the gems. Pentagonal gems will do (~25 gold each). And you get a free hexagonal garnet anyway (in one month).

And I forgot to mention the dailies are really easy now. The Fire Dragon is easy. The celestial daily is easy. New players need only one more.

34 minutes ago, moyR said:

during this event

Events are band-aids. People want long term solutions, not stop-gaps.

After the event I'll be broke. I've got all the bound mats I need for five upgrades, but I don't make enough gold anymore for the transformation stones etc. I socked some gold away on my main before the dungeon nerf, but that'll be gone with no foreseeable way to replace it that doesn't involve selling my soul (can't afford the sealing charms anyway).

What hurts new players the most is that the only way to upgrade their weapon is through weeks/months of grinding before they can access BT or mid-tier content.
Even for BT people are asking 1K+ gear, which is nearly impossible to reach without this event if you don't have deep pockets and a phat bankaccount.

Without a long-term solution the problem will compound and players that have better options will just move on to play something else.

And there are better, friendlier options out there.

Just because they dumped those accessories on the peach-topia lagfest map, doesn't mean they fixed the problem.
They just moved the issue from one place to the next without addressing a big concern for players that still need low-tier content. GOLD.

You need gold to upgrade. You need gold to buy mats. You need gold to do any crafting.

Where are the places that a player can get reliable income from now that they removed sellable mats from low-tier dungeons?

This depends on the community and particularly We as old player to give them better experience.   and more than often i pulled a short straw in terms of having people actually be patient be it old to teach new player to do mechanics (Time efficiency)  And new (i wonder why people keep blaming new player for not try or learn while they actually asking for help. problem is not many to help them, other new players scared of 1.1K req while older one refused to teach for time efficiency and i am only but one and those in my friendlist is more often offline or busy) .   When i see people cant do mech i teach but i often short of backups and those older players in same party as mine either leave or wants to carry which doesn't really solve the problem.

Teaching by having someone experienced or preferably more (2-3) is better. If YT etc is to be counted then those schools and universities better be ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ em all as everyone can learn from books. but as old man sayings one great teacher is better than thousands of books.  and we have extremely short amount of teachers.

Materials etc is easy but well they also cut down source of income, so basically these new people are fighting the same battle while almost no one actually motivate them to stay patient, smile to them, sympathetic to their ordeal or help them find something else to do (adoring outfits or game environment which many old players despise which i found mind boggling everyone wants these new people to fast level and nothing else..this equal stress)  I did the opposite but i am anything but an army. clearly i cant do it alone.

The lack of empathy however is staggering, down to the point no one wants to feel what others feel and draw conclusion from there but rather sitting on their extreme side and watch from there.  Instead of having actually work down for a "big happy family" all suggest everyone to form bubble. This dictates everyone to play at same time etc.. which i see not very practical.  

Above are those problem i often encounter. and i am sorry that i have so different experience than you.  All my IRL friends playing this game is no more, making friends is not h\particularly hard but I'll be honest that getting everyone together at same time  is rather impractical unless i limit myself to those from Indonesia which i cannot.  I would love to see more on how to make the community a ONE big happy family instead of many small bubbles. I do everything on my power for it but i am only one. and i would love to see more.

11 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

Events are band-aids. People want long term solutions, not stop-gaps.

After the event I'll be broke. I've got all the bound mats I need for five upgrades, but I don't make enough gold anymore for the transformation stones etc. I socked some gold away on my main before the dungeon nerf, but that'll be gone with no foreseeable way to replace it that doesn't involve selling my soul (can't afford the sealing charms anyway).

I doubt you read my whole post. But anyway, during the event, you can only take the advantage to get a raven 3 weapon. Let's say you fail to do that so you end up with Baleful 12, BT necklace, NF belt, and NS bracelet. Looks like you are talking about your alt, tell me honestly, which do you think is easier, to upgrade your main character to the same gear mentioned above back then or to upgrade you alt character now? Besides, weeklies + dailies + BT directly give you roughly 150 gold per week. you can make ~1200 gold in two months. During that two months, the weeklies give you enough mat to craft the transformation stones you need (so don't say you have no gold to buy transformation stone), weeklies + BT give you enough raven soul, dailies + weeklies give you enough bound mat for upgrade and more than enough bound soulstone and bound sacred orbs for you to buy legendary elements. Two months from Baleful 12 to Raven 3 would be a DREAM when I first played my main and I was one of the top of the line players to have a Baleful 12 back then. And now it is possible (and tbh, very easy) for every new player. In the worst situation it takes up to three months, still very fast! Plus it is a gangrened raven weapon.

Just now, Granger said:

Except, then bale 12 actually was top of the line. Baleful 12 back then is like aransu 9 now.

It's stunning how most old players fail to realize this "minor" aspect. Going by moyR's comment, you would need to spent 1+ years just to be able to get in the latest raids.

Good luck with that. This is not Lineage 2, and it's not 2010 (or at least should not be). Player mentality has changed significantly since then. Inability to add relevant progression/content masked behind endless grinds/paywalls is no longer the main trend.

Also - one more important thing - if they nerfed the gold gains, why not nerf the upgrades cost? It would be kinda logical and fair... no ? 

On 6/29/2018 at 8:36 PM, asot said:

Also - one more important thing - if they nerfed the gold gains, why not nerf the upgrades cost? It would be kinda logical and fair... no ? 

They do. Tho as seen they also nerf gold and material gains. Thus why i see new people will basically fight the same battle as old players. No differences at all.

The only one could really take advantages of the reduction is the older players that growing alt, these people are likely have stacks of mats in the received items tab. 

In order for these people to see how it is to be new player is to grow entirely different account and preferrably different server where they basically start from zero.

For those complaining about how it takes months to reach a new goal post of a target, I'm pretty sure that's working as intended.  They're not trying to go the Diablo 3 route of gearing you within 2 days of a new patch release.  They've always intended for people to grind for months for something cause that's what Asian players enjoy.  If you are a new/returning player who does not have a main that's considered well geared, it is natural to take 2 - 3 months to get to base Raven from fresh out of story gear.  With this event, it should be lowered to 1 month (and they made the dungeons easier with the stat buff).  

I keep seeing people praise that you can progress with this event, but I fail to see how (in my current state of stuckness).

I quit when 55 cap was new, my weapon is a seraph 11 and about 1050 ap (nothing from BT so my dps is usually 35-40k), I thought I could finally upgrade to raven by skipping BT entirely (I had no fps for it before, and right now learning the mechs seems pointless with the absurd ap reqs).

Raven transforming mat? Yeah I can get it sealed now, cool, but what about those 5 empyrean stones that will cost almost 1k gold? The only reasonable way to gain gold I found currently is doing the weeklies (luckily sometimes you still see "1k+" recruiters so I have been doing it on my main) that gives me about 100g selling the unbound mats.

I will really supposed to need like 9 or 10 weeks just to get ONE weapon upgrade? If only this event also had empyrean stones to trade, I'd be glad to keep playing, but right now its just a quick daily/weekly runs on my main and log out.

Just now, Lee Nyan said:

I'm pretty sure he is.. With current event if you use Raven Nebula Stone it reduces that number from 5 to 1.

The event is not a permanent solution to a problem. This event is ending next week or so.

Therefore it is still 5.

6 hours ago, Reyvon said:

I keep seeing people praise that you can progress with this event, but I fail to see how (in my current state of stuckness).

My response was regarding the event.

1 hour ago, Puffys said:

It is 5, do you even play the game?

Do you read? You rudeness is unnecessary.

2 hours ago, Puffys said:

The event is not a permanent solution to a problem. This event is ending next week or so.

Therefore it is still 5.

Upgrade event is till july 25th so you stil have time to participate. As for a long term solution if they reduced empirian stones then ppl would cry how much premium transformation stone cost. However i do agree that we need something to be changed either get back gold to lower dungs or reduce bale/raven and non raid paths.

1 empyrean stone is for upgrading to later stages of raven, where you can actually use the nebula stone

Transforming bale/seraph to raven still requires 5 as its the only path available using the other mat (animus, forgot rest).

It doesn't require premium stones though.

5 hours ago, MantisxD said:

Upgrade event is till july 25th so you stil have time to participate. As for a long term solution if they reduced empirian stones then ppl would cry how much premium transformation stone cost. However i do agree that we need something to be changed either get back gold to lower dungs or reduce bale/raven and non raid paths.

Gold back to lower dungeons is the only solution I really wanted, back when I was still playing it felt like I could progress without swiping.

Maybe more unbound mats as well, as I haven't seen them anywhere beside the weekly challenge.

44 minutes ago, Reyvon said:

1 empyrean stone is for upgrading to later stages of raven, where you can actually use the nebula stone

Transforming bale/seraph to raven still requires 5 as its the only path available using the other mat (animus, forgot rest).

I went from baleful 12 to raven 3 on 2 alts using a nebula stone, a raven king's ferocity (on one, animus on the other),  and 1 empyrian. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy 5 of them because I didn't have that much gold.

1 hour ago, SkyStorm said:

I went from baleful 12 to raven 3 on 2 alts using a nebula stone, a raven king's ferocity (on one, animus on the other),  and 1 empyrian. I'm pretty sure I didn't buy 5 of them because I didn't have that much gold.

The spreadsheet on news (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y69EPPMZs0f22B6IaTL9zo1oWiyWapEc3zWde7KJMiQ/edit#gid=0) mentions being able to upgrade to raven 3 from a bale/seraph 12, but I am not able to find the option on my seraph 11 and maybe for 10.

So yeah, this saves me the trouble of going after 5 empyreans but I'll have to upgrade my junk to stage 12 first.

On 28-6-2018 at 4:57 PM, Caladiel said:

Only thing that followed is deadly silence and new info about even worse changes on KR that might hit new & returning players harder. 

What KR news are you revering to?Insert other media

1 hour ago, Reyvon said:

So yeah, this saves me the trouble of going after 5 empyreans but I'll have to upgrade my junk to stage 12 first.

I started at baleful 9 on my alts. Used titan nebula stones to get to 12 then raven nebula stone to get to raven 3. Saved me a boatload.

Post-event who knows what's going to happen, but I'd recommend taking advantage of the event while it lasts.

Where are they?

1. They implemented tokens to get legendary acc (you don't have to bid fight)

2. You don't have to spam 100 runs to get old legendary acc, now its just 10 runs.

3. They consolidated dungeon tokens. Before it was claw, horn, wing, hand and now its just draken or hellion core. Not to say that they crit more often.

4. You can get elemental acc with Faded acc and elemental prisms.

5. Most acc and mats are way cheaper and easier to get now than when the raid came out (Not everybody needs it and some raids have main priority rule)

As for the gold and material you need to upgrade there is nothing to do about it. If you're between casual and hardcore player its normal to wait a month or more to upgrade a single stage of a weapon, acc, soul or pet. This is the mmorpg life.

Archived