Rising Soul Event.

Ludicium

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/06/2018 at 6:51 AM, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Imagine getting stuck at 95% when the event ends.... That'd tilt so much.

Haha, makes me wonder how the community would react if there wasn't any kind of reward for the soul at Stage 6 - imagine the event ending without being able to get at least 1 sacred oil, just extremely glad that they made sacred oils a Stage 6 reward, that way, if you failed in the end, you'd at least get something.

On 02/06/2018 at 8:26 PM, htdexhdfg said:

RNG soul event just makes people mad.
fail 10 times 11th guaranteed = 165 astral oils + w/e it took to get up there.
30 day event with min 3 oils a day = 150?
weeklies= 5 x 4 for 20 = 170 total.
Then there are additional oils from some dungeons i dunno the count but seems like you're guaranteed the 40ap soul for around 400g plus grind

Dont like that its so heavy on oils to make the attempt each time.

U right to get 1st soul and up to lvl 6 its 45 oils, so to have 100% guaranteed sucess u need 210 oils. Iif they put oil from daily dg in DT>NF>NS i'll say this event its new players/alt friendly. But...will never be like that. My rng its like most ppls worse that ever, already 25 fails (5 chars sitting on 48%~50% mileage) and only more 74 oils to get (only doing daily challenge + NS to not get tired) its like 5 more try and get 96%~100% mileage without more try, sadly truth.

I'm just cashing in the oils for sacred vials and pet packs - forget this rng crap. I failed the first time on 2 alts and I was like throwing money into the trash can. My gold stores are dwindling since there's no viable source of income for non-whales anymore.

Only good thing is that NCSoft ain't getting another penny from me. No premium, no hongmoon store - if I can't get it with in-game currency I won't get it. When my alts are soulless again and can't even get into a party for NF, EC, or DT because I didn't win the rng game, it'll be time for me to move on to the next game I suppose.

1 oil vs all that grind AND gold when you couldve used JUST the gold to get the oil without the pain lol.
Not good enough compensation.
just give us 1000g for all the event running. no skin off their backs and 1000g isnt enough to do anything for a weapon unless you craft all the resources yourself.

11 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

fail3.png

I dont even think i can reach 85%. Ive even been paying 20gold for runs.... just to get a chance at these oils because noone wants to run with a 1k ap character in IF and EL.  But unfortunately this idea came a bit late. 

It was fine when the focus was on NF and NS  on events.  But at this point it's a carrot on a stick.  

Stlll sitting at 1 success on 4 toons. a total of 21 upgrade attempts. Tommorrow i get 22 attempts with my soulfighter. I expect a fail since she is sitting at 47%.  Though I was already working on her soul anyways, so it wont matter if I get it or not on her.  

But my BM and my gunner is a different story.

7 hours ago, CastielSeven said:

I dont even think i can reach 85%. Ive even been paying 20gold for runs.... just to get a chance at these oils because noone wants to run with a 1k ap character in IF and EL.  But unfortunately this idea came a bit late. 

Sorry to hear that. You deserve better community, feel sad you have to actually pay for a run which not even a raid and that's because AP related problem.

-----------

I tried not to miss a day in the event..but this progress bar essentially killed whatever i know about effort... At the end of the event i expect i will either halted at 90+% or only gain a soul.  Which kinda unrewarding. Naturally one would expect to be able to get more items from the event if they "work" for it. but this RNG soul gave a bad taste on it.

The progress bar does not add to the extremely low RNG % . This is a lie.    The only thing the progress bar does is increase itself similar to the trove event where you get a guarantee at the end of the bar,    

Not only was there a Gold nerf,  But they decided to throw a carrot on a stick.    

22 tries only 1 success.  and over 400 gold spent.  The very little Gold I earned daily.

The progress bar sucks,  and honestly after this event, placing the event items where only  powerful players can reach them because they require 1100 AP , it destroyed any sense of effort i had for this game. 

8 minutes ago, CastielSeven said:

The progress bar does not add to the extremely low RNG % . This is a lie.    The only thing the progress bar does is increase itself similar to the trove event where you get a guarantee at the end of the bar,    

Not only was there a Gold nerf,  But they decided to throw a carrot on a stick.    

22 tries only 1 success.  and over 400 gold spent.  The very little Gold I earned daily.

The progress bar sucks,  and honestly after this event, placing the event items where only  powerful players can reach them because they require 1100 AP , it destroyed any sense of effort i had for this game. 

I completely agree with you. I am one of those that failed all their attempts in their 4 chars so far, and I frankly dont expect a success. I also do only dc and NS, because of the ap issue. I wish I had never bit the carrot, but one learns from mistakes. It wont happen again. 

In any case, after the gold nerf and this event, my enthusiasm for this game (that otherwise I love) is at its lowest. 

For now on i'll only give my time doing events which i dont need expend my gold (which was btw nerfed+sink patch) and which give something like a box/chest, upgrade/lvl things i'll do on my own (at least i can trust on myself).

To be honest, I do think that this event was the breaking point for a few players, whether they make the upgrade or not.

Even some of my clan member's have expressed their lack of desire to grind/run the DCs/event dungeons on more than 2 characters - the first few days of the event, all were hyped, etc. and were doing it on multiple alts, however, as the event drew on and were constantly failure made the motivation to run the dungeons, essentially for nothing in return was and has becoming/became disheartening and made it less appealing for my clan members.

This honestly proves my point, in that.. if they introduced RNG into the game, I think it would be the breaking point for a lot of the player-base, not just my clan members. I along with many players (I am sure) do not wish to see it be introduced into the game, even if they made the materials easily accessible.

44 minutes ago, Ludicium said:

Really hope no one/none of you will meet this fate:

MYRO4Kx3v0_ajKlIAHK2E5hzsxu2F5vMbuZgZ9xe

(Credit: OttoTian)

Nah, he just needs 15 oils more and he'll get the soul. 100% of the progress bar means the next time he upgrades it he'll be guaranteed a success.

I haven't logged in these past 3 weeks so I have no idea if the event is still on, if it is tgen he's super close now. If not then, well...

3 minutes ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Nah, he just needs 15 oils more and he'll get the soul. 100% of the progress bar means the next time he upgrades it he'll be guaranteed a success.

I haven't logged in these past 3 weeks so I have no idea if the event is still on, if it is tgen he's super close now. If not then, well...

Reaching 100% is still a pretty unlucky thing to happen imo. Regardless of whether or not he/she'll get their soul

1 hour ago, CastielSeven said:

Update: 26 tries 3 success.  Waiting on my gunner who's at 75% atm. 

This is sad.. The even sadder thing is, you shouldn't wait for 100% - even at 100% you can still fail. 2 of my clanmates have failed at 100% - one of them has failed twice....

*gives you all my luck*

14 hours ago, Ludicium said:

This is sad.. The even sadder thing is, you shouldn't wait for 100% - even at 100% you can still fail. 2 of my clanmates have failed at 100% - one of them has failed twice....

*gives you all my luck*

27 tries 3 success.  My 28th will be on wednesday.  sitting at 84%

16 hours ago, Ludicium said:

*gives you all my luck*

Wait, what? 100% isn't 100%? :D 

Will NC ever stop lying?

From: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-eternal-night-upgrade-events/

but be aware that upgrade success isn’t guaranteed, and if the upgrade fails you’ll lose the upgrade materials. If at first you don’t succeed, try again! With each failed Evolution, your chance of a successful Evolution increases.

From: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-eternal-night-patch-notes/

Use Pristine Astral Oil to attempt to upgrade Fleeting Astral Soul – Stage 6 to Brilliant Fleeting Astral Soul. Success is not guaranteed but each time you fail your success rate will increase.

And also here is the patch preview video, where Bethany and Jonathan talks about the stage6 upgrade. They said that the chance of upgrading increases (so even at 80+% you should not fail unless you are cursed) but 100% success rate should mean a guaranteed upgrade. Also, Bethany said that "You will eventually get a 100% chance"

And for me 100% chance = guaranteed evolution.

on patch notes:

Use Pristine Astral Oil to attempt to upgrade Fleeting Astral Soul – Stage 6 to Brilliant Fleeting Astral Soul. Success is not guaranteed but each time you fail your success rate will increase.

so 90% ppls are cursed and got ultimate worse rng GOD.

4 hours ago, Nemises said:

As I said before, this failture in communication between the publisher and the developers has to be adjusted as fast as possible.  The level of misleading informations from the stream is worrying.

yeah, this is important.

and let's not forget the discrepancy between what written in patch notes on NS and what seen in game :x

Archived