No gold in the currency exchange

Rmccn08

As I write this post, the currency exchange is empty. This is because nobody really has extra gold to sell. At least not in this current patch. I like gold, I use it a lot. I think that as a...higher supporting member of blade and soul, when I want gold, I can "obtain" gold when i "need" it. Does anybody else feel this way? I mean I can't be the only one.

9 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

As I write this post, the currency exchange is empty. This is because nobody really has extra gold to sell. At least not in this current patch. I like gold, I use it a lot. I think that as a...higher supporting member of blade and soul, when I want gold, I can "obtain" gold when i "need" it. Does anybody else feel this way? I mean I can't be the only one.

How about you run dungeons and earn your gold instead of swiping for it. Personally i like that the currency exchange is empty. Means whales have to work for their stuff and not just swipe.

25 minutes ago, HateMe said:

How about you run dungeons and earn your gold instead of swiping for it. Personally i like that the currency exchange is empty. Means whales have to work for their stuff and not just swipe.

Dont kid yourself lel. Its only empty because most people are using their gold for gear, mats(bidding) etc to push further ahead since the gear upgrade decreases/edits.

1 minute ago, Katu Kat said:

Dont kid yourself lel. Its only empty because most people are using their gold for gear, mats(bidding) etc to push further ahead since the gear upgrade decreases/edits.

I know but also its not worth to sell gold which is good, i was generally never a fan of such currency exchanges in games.

Would be much better if they removed F9 and increased the HM coins you get daily or add them to the daily rewards so that its independant from premium, or convert items in the HM coin section to gold prices so people can also buy items with gold.

19 minutes ago, HateMe said:

I know but also its not worth to sell gold which is good, i was generally never a fan of such currency exchanges in games.

Would be much better if they removed F9 and increased the HM coins you get daily or add them to the daily rewards so that its independant from premium, or convert items in the HM coin section to gold prices so people can also buy items with gold.

Well if they designed it like that or any other way where u wouldnt have to spend hm coin or money then the game wouldnt be a milker would it?

5 minutes ago, Katu Kat said:

Well if they designed it like that or any other way where u wouldnt have to spend hm coin or money then the game wouldnt be a milker would it?

They have trove and rng boxes...thats the biggest milker ever. xD

11 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

I do feel the same and i'd like to have the option to obtain gold when i need/want it. It does seem though that there is a lack of gold in the game since last patch.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

I'll try to speak in your language.

You do realize that some people do daily "dungeons" in real life for hours and hours to earn real life "gold" to get "their stuff", right?

Suggesting that someone's in-game wealth is not earned because they "swiped it" means you dont know the value of real life "gold" nor how hard it is to obtain for most people. It also means that you probably never had a job or at least never had a job that allows to to spend "gold" on something you like such as this game. Expecting everyone even at the end of a workday to have the same time and energy to "run dungeons and earn their gold" as you apparently have is just plain ignorant and disrespectful.

Even if you think your in-game "work" is more valuable than these "swipers", I would say that other people's real life work is definitely more valuable than anything you do in a game. In the end you have been sitting on your ass all day playing a game.

19 minutes ago, Adams said:

I do feel the same and i'd like to have the option to obtain gold when i need/want it. It does seem though that there is a lack of gold in the game since last patch.

You do realize that some people do daily "dungeons" in real life for hours and hours to earn real life "gold" to get "their stuff", right?

Suggesting that someone's in-game wealth is not earned because they "swiped it" means you dont know the value of real life "gold" nor how hard it is to obtain for most people. It also means that you probably never had a job or at least never had a job that allows to to spend "gold" on something you like such as this game. Expecting everyone even at the end of a workday to have the same time and energy to "run dungeons and earn their gold" as you apparently have is just plain ignorant and disrespectful.

Even if you think your in-game "work" is more valuable than these "swipers", I would say that other people's real life work is definitely more valuable than anything you do in a game. In the end you have been sitting on your ass all day playing a game.

First off....im a developer and work for over 10 years per 8 hours daily + travel time (office-work). I still have time to do my dailies, PVP dailies and still have time to casually play a bit. Real life is not the same as a game.  I generally have the opinion that any cirrency exchange mechanics should not be present in video games, if someone wants to spend money on it they have their rng events but in game currency such as gold should be earned and farmed to give everyone an equal chance and balance out the gear progression instead of people swiping to 1200+ AP with max gears looking down on everyone else.

I am not tunnel visioned like you, i look at the big picture, and before you go on about it if i wanted to i could put a lot of money into the game.

If you dont have the time to invest in your own progression in agame and you barely have time to play then why play in general? That is the point, using the "oh i have a job and not much time, and a family and ... and ... and...." excuse is getting old and frankly has no standing for a online MMO which by its nature is meant to be a grinding game.

6 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

hold on, there is WAY more to it than this, but this is the end result

you need to go back in time when the upper and lower exchange rate limits were different.

the initial problem when the exchange rate was from 1:3(1gold:3ncoin)->1:10 or something like that,  was that people inputting real money were not getting enough gold for their money. the bots and whoever were flooding the exchange because of the too favorable ftp rate.

The initial problem was inflation was devaluing gold too much. the game was generating too much gold and not sinking enough of it

So, they dropped the lower limits of the rate, but for some incredibly clueless and ignorant reason they lowered the upper limit to 1:2

NOW, the whole thing reversed.  the items in the F10 shop, at a 1:2 rate break even with the gold value. The problem is that after the 10% fee, you are actually losing money if you sell your gold

I used to sell gold every week at 1:3 before the (IMO) stupidest change ever made in the game. now I look and see my gold has more buying power than the hm or ncoins. so hell no i'm not going to sell my gold. i'll use my gold for things vs getting coin to buy things(which is now where the quoted post comes in)

The mistake made by the devs was to reduce the upper cap.   There will ALWAYS be a ratio that is worth selling your gold, no matter who you are if you play. mine was 1:3

THE EASY FIX IS TO RAISE THE UPPER CAP BACK TO 1:10, LEAVE THE LOWER LIMIT ALONE, AND LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE WHAT THE GOLD IS WORTH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a bit offtopic, but still involving the exchange, is a situation that cost the  "letter after M + the letter after B + the opposite of hard" company a ton of money.

This proves to me that there are a bunch of worldly -clueless children running this whole thing. 

the huge amount of money they lost last trove because the whales had no gold to buy with their potential massive spending of real money for ncoins.

so the whales did not spends all that extra real money to suck up the gold to use more keys. how counter-productive, how ignorant.

those people should be fired, and FOR SURE UP THE LEVEL CAP BEFORE NEXT TROVE SO YOU DON'T LOSE A TON OF MONEY AGAIN!!!!!

DUH?

5 hours ago, Adams said:

just NO.  you cannot associate a person's real life situation or w/e with the person's game situation.  some people can't just swipe it and some people are the sons/daughters of billionaires, so you imply their time or IRL life is worthless or something equally as demeaning or clueless..just NO.    actually, this statement is so bogus it can't even be argued against..so nm....

What should have been said is that this game as does other f2p MMOs, needs people spending money and those people call whales are big supporters of the game financially. I spend some money but not a lot, premium, $10 or $20 here n there but it's for things like outfits, more storage inventory etc. I never liked the idea of spending real money to obtain gold but some people very likely don't have near as much free time as others and use real money to speed up things where they can. Of course there are the ones that simply like to spend money to progress faster and have more but it is what it is. People shouldn't be so concerned over if the next person spends 0, 20, or 100+ in a month on ncoin because the game has to make money to stay online and no one has to spend money to progress, that is purely optional. It's pretty much always been this way on a f2p MMO. Those with money spend it and sometimes can use real money to get things faster but those with more money probably work a lot and those with less money probably have more free time. Not everyone spending money is doing it through rich parents, lots of people work on a job and some people even 2 jobs. I don't care how much the next person spends to get ahead, I just recently returned to the game a few weeks ago and don't care how long it takes me to get fully caught up. Those HM levels are painfully slow anyways so why bother rushing.

18 hours ago, HateMe said:

First off....im a developer and work for over 10 years per 8 hours daily + travel time (office-work). I still have time to do my dailies, PVP dailies and still have time to casually play a bit. Real life is not the same as a game.  I generally have the opinion that any cirrency exchange mechanics should not be present in video games, if someone wants to spend money on it they have their rng events but in game currency such as gold should be earned and farmed to give everyone an equal chance and balance out the gear progression instead of people swiping to 1200+ AP with max gears looking down on everyone else.

I am not tunnel visioned like you, i look at the big picture, and before you go on about it if i wanted to i could put a lot of money into the game.

If you dont have the time to invest in your own progression in agame and you barely have time to play then why play in general? That is the point, using the "oh i have a job and not much time, and a family and ... and ... and...." excuse is getting old and frankly has no standing for a online MMO which by its nature is meant to be a grinding game.

Do you even know what tunnel visioning is? 

You are basically asking that everyone must work hard in a game because you apparently did and you want them to do it the same way you did. That is tunnel visioning right there.

You are even saying that if they dont have the time to invest then why play at all?

Not everyone is the same as you, nor every one has to do it the same way you did. While some people are more willing to invest "time" in a game others are more willing to invest money to do the same. That is the big picture you were talking about.

You also forgot that currency exchange helps both player who wants immediate gold but dont have the time (or simply dont want) to grind and players who want to buy stuff from the cash shop but dont have ncoin. Neither one of them HAS to use it but its a convenience IF the ever wanted to. 

In one word, options.

13 hours ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

just NO.  you cannot associate a person's real life situation or w/e with the person's game situation.  some people can't just swipe it and some people are the sons/daughters of billionaires, so you imply their time or IRL life is worthless or something equally as demeaning or clueless..just NO.    actually, this statement is so bogus it can't even be argued against..so nm....

Yes you can associate a person's real life with his game situation. There are only 24 hours in a day. The more hours you are putting in a game the less time you are spending doing real life, may it be with family/work... etc 

And I think you misunderstood what I said or did not read it correctly because I was not talking about people who "can't swipe". I was replying to a dude who suggested that people who DO swipe did not earn their in game money. 

In the end it's not your place or mine to decide who is worthy of what type of money just because they aren't the same as you. That is what I was trying to get across to that guy. When in doubt i prefer to think that EVERYONE earned their money, irl or otherwise. If they choose to exchange their real life money for an in game one that's their choice and nobody has the right to belittle it.

I would like to point out also that I never said anyone is less worthy of anything because of their background. If you read you reply to me you would realize that you are the one who seem to have a problem with "sons/daughters of billionaires" otherwise you wouldn't specifically mention them.

It's a simple matter of the price ceilings. 2:1 HMCoin to gold just doesn't incentivize players very much unless they're needing a small amount of coin. In terms of raw drops and daily runs most people aren't going to think a 2000 HMC outfit is worth grinding almost 30 days worth of all dailies on a character, assuming they're geared enough to do that and making ~70g a day. Even tossing in weeklies and such you're talking about people burning weeks worth of gold for a bit of shop currency and having no gold left to upgrade, bid, etc.

It's a losing prospect to sell gold with the cap NC has on it.

On 2/12/2018 at 1:45 PM, HateMe said:

I think this has more to do with the misconception that since WoW is an ultra casual themepark no sweat MMO for unwinding, all other MMOs are supposed to be like that or provide methods for perpetuating that sort of ''all inclusiveness''.

It is because the season just ended. People are loaded with HM coins from the end-season rewards. There are no needs to buy HM coins recently (plus, there are nothing good to buy in HM store recently.) Wait until they put something special in daily special HM store. Then, you will start to see people selling golds again.

Also, now, the exchange rate keeps on dropping no matter how large or few of players are selling golds. This exchange rates are rigged. It can only go down, but not go up. There are something wrong with their programming behind this exchange rate.

10 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

This exchange rates are rigged. It can only go down, but not go up. There are something wrong with their programming behind this exchange rate.

Indeed, if there is no gold, shouldn't the players be free to put any ratio they want ?

Actually there should't be any cap to the upper limit it should be decided by market not by some obscure completely flawed algorithm that allows the situation that no players want to sell.

Well then, I got 1,000g to sell if anyone wants: 1:40 (40k Ncoins for all) any takers? ... yeah I don't think so.

Not to mention I just CAN'T place it at the currency exchange for anything higher than 1:2 (the last time I tried, I suppouse it's worst now?!)

If there are no golds being put on currency exchange for few days, we can try to put 1:3 or even 1:4 ratio. Pretty sure there are some P2W players will buy the golds if they need the golds in hurry. Unfortunately, we can't put it this high as the exchange rate is locked. 

I have seen many people put golds on 1:95 to 1:2 ratio, but the locked ratio changed from 1:93 to 1:91. I don't really know how this works.

@FrozenB Have you heard about the term "planned economy"? This is what happens when the economy is controlled in it's entirety by the state, prices included. Basically a fancy government guy/gal comes and tell you that your product is worth X, based on some calculation of it's cost and calculation of salaries and eventual profit margins. The fancy gov guy/gal here is NCWest, we are the product makers, in this case the gold and it's price is 2 Ncoins (the currency of the state).

In other words gold is not an ingame currency, it's an ingame inventory. And when we consider that it's the one and only thing which one can trade for Ncoins, Imo it's no wonder that we have this regulation in place. NC are trying to keep the value of Ncoins high with this, but in the end of the day if the supply/demand dynamic isn't there, the entire shtick becomes pointless, leaving Ncoins tied only to their real life currency value. When we consider that the only goods that one can buy for Ncoins are cosmetics, aka fancy pixel compositions, makes Ncoin incredibly expensive for it's usd/eur worth. Afterall the value of art is in the eye of the beholder. If they had more polygons and higher resolution textures to their costumes, without that being an epic performance hit, this art's value would be high (at least in my eyes), but as things are now... I'd say them keeping the gold-ncoin ratio locked is quite the anti consumer thing to do, at least when it comes to f2p ramifications.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:45 AM, HateMe said:

If a currency exchange is implemented into a game by the devs/company, it exists for a reason - to exchange real cash for gold.   Get off your high horse about this grinding holy grail, pretentious attitude.  MMOs have been known to be one of the most notorious genres of sinking hours out of people's daily lives, it doesn't mean you have to obey and succumb to that lifestyle.  Thats why currency exchange exists to get around that. 

People have the freedom to choose how they want to approach a game, how long they want to play it, when they want to quit, what they want to do inside the game.  Some people wish to swipe their way to the top, and be done with it.  It doesn't mean they are looking down on anybody, as you put it in an earlier post of yours, so stop assuming that.  They don't want to linger around, grind, repeating the same missions over and over again like a robot.  Some would like to see the game for what it is, have their fun.  There is too much else to see in real life to do and explore that keep us busy, not to mention try other games to play.   If any one has tunnel vision, or a closed mind, it's you.   Also, the currency exchange isn't going anywhere, sorry to dissapoint your wish to see it completely gone.

Archived