Blade & Soul: Call of the Deep Item Change Preview

Liinxy

• NCSOFT

With the Blade & Soul: Call of the Deep update on February 7, a number of changes to weapon and accessory upgrade and progression are coming. To give you as much heads up as possible we’re providing an early look at some of the update’s patch notes. These are close to final, but please be aware that some specifics or details may change before the final patch release.

PvE Legendary Accessory Updates

Up until this point, Hellion accessories have only been able to upgrade to PvP focused legendary accessories.  In this update, we are adding the option to upgrade to Hellion accessories PvE focused legendary accessories for players as well.

• You now have the choice of choosing a PvE or PvP legendary accessory when upgrading a Hellion Accessory.
  • Hellion Ring can now be upgraded to Skyshatter Ring or Inheritor's Ring. You can switch between the two choices at Stage 10 for a cost.
  • Hellion Earring can now be upgraded to Skypearl Earring or Apex Earring. You can switch between the two choices at Stage 10 for a cost.
  • Navigator Belt is now available from Outlaw Island which is used to upgrade Skyguard Belt.
  • General Merchant Sa Garyung in Valindria now sells Solak accessories for 10 Naryu Silver.

PvE Legendary Weapon Updates

In this update we’ve added Storm Dragon and Exalted weapons which upgrade from Riftwalk and Dawnforged weapons. In addition, we’re reducing the cost to upgrade existing weapons, including Seraph, Baleful, Riftwalk, Dawnforged, and Raven Weapons.

• Reduced cost to upgrade Seraph/Baleful Weapon Stage 6-12 as well as the cost to upgrade Seraph/Baleful to Riftwalk, Dawnforged, or Raven.
  • Reduced cost to upgrade Raven Weapon Stage 1-9.
  • Raven Weapon Stage 7/8/9 can now be upgraded to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 1/2/3, respectively.
  • Reduced cost to upgrade Riftwalk/Dawnforged Weapon Stage 1-9.
  • Riftwalk/Dawnforged Weapon Stage 7/8/9 can now upgrade to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 1/2/3, respectively.
  • Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 1-6 is now available. You can switch between Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon with Pristine Oil.
  • Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 6 can be upgraded to Aransu Weapon Stage 6.

PvP Legendary Weapon Updates

This update introduces the final 3 stages of the Ascendant Weapon as well as the brand new Dragon Forge Weapon.  We’ve also made significant changes to the existing upgrade paths, including removing the Heroic weapon upgrade paths and reducing the cost of the existing Smelting Orb and Ivory Beluga Orb upgrade paths.

• Replace Unrefined Galaxy Weapon Chest with Galaxy Weapon Stage 1 Chest on Battleground Trader NPC
  • The Heroic weapon upgrade trees will be deleted; only Smelting Orb and Ivory Beluga Orb upgrade paths will remain.
  • The Smelting Orb and Ivory Beluga Orb upgrade paths are receiving significant cost reductions.
  • Ascendant Weapon Stage 7-9 are now available.  Ascendant Weapon Stage 7/8/9 can upgrade to Dragon Forge Weapon Stage 1/2/3, respectively.
  • Dragon Forge Weapon Stage 1-9 are now available.

3 minutes ago, Yarnz said:

Alt path better be more expensive than raid path, I don't want to be stuck on the more expensive path again while doing way more work for it. (Happened with Raven)  @Liinxy

It will be like when dawn/rift weapon path was out. It will be slightly cheaper than raid path (not a lot). The main reasons you would go pve path is to save a lot of aransu orbs and hive queen hearts. However, on the other hand, you have to farm the PVE weapon in new dungeons to upgrade in your new pve weapon path. It takes up a lot of time as you know how bad the weapon drop rate is in IF, SSM, HH, etc.

3 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It will be like when dawn/rift weapon path was out. It will be slightly cheaper than raid path (not a lot). The main reasons you would go pve path is to save a lot of aransu orbs and hive queen hearts. However, on the other hand, you have to farm the PVE weapon in new dungeons to upgrade in your new pve weapon path. It takes up a lot of time as you know how bad the weapon drop rate is in IF, SSM, HH, etc.

So why do people bother with raid progression? Most people who've been clearing since the early days (24 man) still haven't gotten Aransu 6 yet. So now peeps who don't raid can get it before them, nice. The bottleneck for getting Aransu 6 are the orbs and hearts.

1 minute ago, Yarnz said:

So why do people bother with raid progression? Most people who've been clearing since the early days still haven't gotten Aransu 6 yet. So now peeps who don't raid can get it before them, nice. 

Well...that's true. The amount of hive queen hearts you need to upgrade to stage 6 is ridiculous big and there is no sealed version of them. They should reduce the hive queen hearts in aransu weapon path because those amounts don't make any sense. You only get 4-6 from dynamic box and you need like 30 something to upgrade it at each stage? In raven king path, we get about the same amount of raven king soul from dynamic box + there is sealed version to buy from market. Also, you only need less than 15 raven king soul per upgrade.

Also, as the GM said, those weapon changes are no solid/confirmed for next week's big patch. They may hold off on stage 6 new weapon path and some other things too for later updates. We won't know for sure until it finally comes in next week.

2 hours ago, BLcKLiGhT said:

@Liinxy can we get the option to switch from raven 9 - rift 9 with a cost pristine oil/void frags? Some classes (destro) benefit from going that path vs raven? and support wouldnt revert me

You can switch to the new path from raven 9:

Raven Weapon Stage 7/8/9 can now be upgraded to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 1/2/3, respectively.

> Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 6 can be upgraded to Aransu Weapon Stage 6.

I've got the feeling that everyone with Aransu 6 got screwed and wasted a huge amount of hearts (I don't think that it will require around 80 hearts to switch from PvE to Aransu).

> you guys should implement trade Draken Cores for Legendary Jewel/Element too

You've got no idea what are you asking for.

1 hour ago, Walex said:

> Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon Stage 6 can be upgraded to Aransu Weapon Stage 6.

I've got the feeling that everyone with Aransu 6 got screwed and wasted a huge amount of hearts (I don't think that it will require around 80 hearts to switch from PvE to Aransu).

Well... peeps with any stage of aransu just got sc****. My main is on stage 5 right now and I have still 2-3 weeks to go without buying hearts from drop.. to get to stage 6.
I'm going to wait for the stream with my final decision.. but if this new path will be easier to obtain then current aransu is.. I'm done.

This is funny. ?

So much QQ cause hell forbid new people get some wep faster then it used to be at launch. Aransu 6 isn't top kek anymore so obviously it should become easier to obtain. Thats how its been since the start. When new things come, older ones are easier to obtain. Get used or buh bye. ?

14 minutes ago, Sayk said:

You can make a ticket to support if you meet a kind one it could be reverted if you care so much. ?

well i already send and be honest I did one time already after I did a stupid decision . well  if doesn't reduce so many item  like cut 3 out of 9 PTS I am ok .. if more and more reduce then I will try to refund it .

3 hours ago, Sayk said:

This is funny. ?

So much QQ cause hell forbid new people get some wep faster then it used to be at launch. Aransu 6 isn't top kek anymore so obviously it should become easier to obtain. Thats how its been since the start. When new things come, older ones are easier to obtain. Get used or buh bye. ?

Well.. sorry but what you write is bs.
Easier to obtain become weapon paths that aren't top any more - example of it can be Raven weapon changes incoming as well as Baleful/Seraph cost reductions that took place patch earlier. I don't mind them - my alts are going to welcome them.
However Aransu path isn't old. It's current top weapon path and many people are stuck on Aransu 3-4 because of limited material supply. And now they adding bypass method basically shutting down people who have been working for it since Zulia came out. Sounds nice.. I know many people who will be pissed by it if there is no catch to bypass path..

ahhh i remember the days we use to have to upgrade our i will call them vintage accessories and weapons from such an early level and the cost was so much the further we leveled them lol new people are clueless as to how it use to be. Its even easier to make gold now than it was then. If they knew what it used to be like then there would be no complaints now. Ya its expensive but life is still so much better now than it use to be. I love that they make it easier though for the new people i just wish everyone would be happy with the changes as they happen and go with it not expecting more and just know more will probably come on a future patch.

11 hours ago, BeautyKraze said:

you guys should implement trade Draken Cores for Legendary Jewel/Element too

This is good since old players who already have the draken accessories don't need the Draken Cores anymore , but definitely not 1:1 ratio. Maybe 50 or 100 Draken Cores to 1 legendary jewel/element? 

23 hours ago, Liinxy said:
  • General Merchant Sa Garyung in Valindria now sells Solak accessories for 10 Naryu Silver.

@Liinxy How about adding Lucent accessories to a vendor? Or may at least fixing the droprates in Awakened Necropolis?

As you listen to your community. Would you mind also making skybreak/BT which raid stage locked instead of raid leader locked? Like it was long time ago? Because this has been going on for so long and only bottle neck for people trying to clear final raven boss is getting bound to raid leader lock. I mean there some who like to go stage 1-3 up mixed with random people then take pause and may try to do final raven raid in rest of the week with other random people who can accomodate after rest they got.

AS well this give alot of people who only cleared 1-3 most of time and now new energy to try to do 4 would be more inviting and gives them chance to learn the mechanics well knowing that they mix with people cleared raven before. This welcomes the new community to able to do raven boss as well as learning it. Its only good for people to be able to join random at stage 4 raven.

ASo why not remove the bottleneck for stage 4 raven and make it stage locked. Stange 1-3 may perhaps be raid lock but once you get into for stage 4 it should be welcome to be random party team ups.

I see alot of people trying to clear final raven boss recruting every week only to find themselves bottlenecked that those peopel also in same spot raven 4 boss. Cannot join because they locked only 1 raid leader. Werent we suppose to be more inviting for BT raids now? So why still bottlenecked to 1 raid leader only? Instead locked instead of stage locked?

Raid leader locked seems to be huge bottleneck to even able make people progress to clear raven boss. Again really hope you can change this to stange locked instead so people happily can create stage 4 teams randomly not bound to any raid lealder.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Superfour:

i m so sad that yesterday night I upgrade my raven from stage 6to stage 9 .and then I see this post ... why ??? I could just wait another 6days and my gear is already good enough .

be smart and mail support, they can revert the upgrade as long as it hasnt been longer then a week ago, and u get back all mats etc, but also only if u havent done that in the past already, since its said to be a one time thing. so if u havent, go and mail support, and upgrade again after the changes ^_~

(EDIT) just saw u already have done once, however given the significant costs for these upgrades, and the short time u did them before changes was announced, i think they will be helping ntl, for the most part support is rather willing to help then sending ppl off, in the end happy players are happy cutomers and its still a company in the end (yes im aware there are some support "workers" that dont give 2 cents about the ppl and strictly and blid follow rules, however that more often then not also seem to be ppl that barely understand english, and maybe are outsourced or something, idk is jsut a guess ofc)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb FrozenB:

This is good since old players who already have the draken accessories don't need the Draken Cores anymore , but definitely not 1:1 ratio. Maybe 50 or 100 Draken Cores to 1 legendary jewel/element? 

are u serious? that would be like sell 100g for 1 Ncoin.. thats just rediculous, also u can use ur Draken cores for alts still, and if u instead decide to use for Leg gems, then why would u want to need spend insane amountS? u some masochistic type of person?

Archived