reinstalled bns, but cant get it to work on 80-100fps anymore..

i wanna die

Hi guys,

i had to lend out my pc so i deleted bns.. when i tried to download it again i had to do the whole settings over.. assign the right graphics card and so on.. problem is i dont remember what settings i used and ive been really frustrated trying to get 100fps again with graphics on full..

My computers name is lenovo legion y520 and i could run bns with graphics on 5, shadows, and 100fps +short loading screens but not anymore.. 

could you please give me some tips on how to fix this problem? i really dont know much about pcs so..

I was wondering the same thing.  I used to get 80-120fps solo and around 50-80 in crowded areas on max setting.  NOW i get anywhere from 35-65fps solo and 25-45 in crowded areas.  It happened about 2 weeks ago.  I dont' think it's my computer because It's  only 3 weeks old and  I got 16gb of RAM and run on gx1060. ummm.

38 minutes ago, YenNhi said:

I was wondering the same thing.  I used to get 80-120fps solo and around 50-80 in crowded areas on max setting.  NOW i get anywhere from 35-65fps solo and 25-45 in crowded areas.  It happened about 2 weeks ago.  I dont' think it's my computer because It's  only 3 weeks old and  I got 16gb of RAM and run on gx1060. ummm.

yeah.. all i did was update my drivers.. but now i cant even fully uninstall bns

This started after an update maybe 1 1/2 weeks ago, if I remember correctly. I just returned to the game a few weeks ago though. I was getting the max the game allows, 120-121fps and in crowded areas 70-90fps. Since that update, patch or whatever it was, my fps is more around 90-110 solo and 50-70 in a crowd and I've seen it dip low as 40s in a crowd recently which just seemed wrong in so many ways.

Yeah it was the update, I used to do Mushin's Tower runs with out any fps drops or spikes, but ever since the update, I've been getting random spikes, even at the optimized for combat settings. Something graphical going on here with the last weeks update.

okay i managed to uninstall bns.. i had some error that told me that bns was still in use but i couldnt find anything in task manager so i decided to delete it file by file kinda thing.. and failed miserably.. though i reinstalled bns and then uninstalled it again and it worked

Hmm could it be that Spectre/Meltdown Patches cost quite some performance for this game? Wouldn´t be surprised. On Win10 it should be KB4056892 but you cannot omit that anyways. You are boned with Win 10. :) For Win 8/7 users these are patches KB4056898, or 4056897 respectively. Either way only a tech savy person who know what they are doing should consider not to install security patches of such importance.

Nvidia users might want to revert/update to 385.69, but your mileage on how different driver versions work for you may vary.

As always with this game: Be sure that other apps do not eat up your precious cpu time...........

Anyways idk what i should assign to client.exe.., im on nvidia control panel and i can choose from use global setting (high-performance nvidia processor), or just high-performance nvidia processor, or integrated graphics. since i have no knowledge in any of this.. which one you think i should use? cause i really miss having 80-100fps 

Well my game runs at 20 fps max with or without crowded areas, in a fight my fps drop to 5 fps or less with massive freezes. Idk what the problem is or if my bns even uses my nvidia card and i dont even know how to see what graphics cards a game uses

10 hours ago, weaponzero said:

Hmm could it be that Spectre/Meltdown Patches cost quite some performance for this game? Wouldn´t be surprised. On Win10 it should be KB4056892 but you cannot omit that anyways. You are boned with Win 10. :) For Win 8/7 users these are patches KB4056898, or 4056897 respectively. Either way only a tech savy person who know what they are doing should consider not to install security patches of such importance.

Nvidia users might want to revert/update to 385.69, but your mileage on how different driver versions work for you may vary.

As always with this game: Be sure that other apps do not eat up your precious cpu time...........

I think op problam is before windows update but you right mention it.

For me the update  KB4056892 broke the  Asus GPU Tweak and my GPU fans stop working. it only took a few hours for asus put a new update available and solve the problem.

Just update all your stuff go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest updates. Microsoft Intel and all these companies they are trying to solve this fast and rush updates with bugs

It didnt really help.. i reinstalled bns and tried to run it on 3 different graphics processors. 

So this is my result:

high performance nvidia processor on 32bit was 20fps and 64bit was 30fps and i had really long loading screens

global setting on 32bit was 40-50fps and 64bit was 12 fps and i also had extremely long loading screens

integrated graphics 32bit i got 9-8fps and same loading screens.. on 64bit i got 6fps and long loading screens

ive even tried turning off graphics and shadows but that didnt help at all.. 

i have no idea what could be the cause of this problem... before i uninstalled bns i had 80-100fps and short loading screens i  regret having to uninstall it.. cause now i cant get it to work the same way

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 6:45 PM, i wanna die said:

Anyways idk what i should assign to client.exe.., im on nvidia control panel and i can choose from use global setting (high-performance nvidia processor), or just high-performance nvidia processor, or integrated graphics. since i have no knowledge in any of this.. which one you think i should use? cause i really miss having 80-100fps 

From my testing, the Nvidia Ctrl panel settings don't affect B&S.  I'm guessing it's a side effect of their anti-cheat system.

This is redicilous!! I even had my pc checked and repaired by a professional but still bns wont run like it used to! And ncsoft support is the worst.. they wont help me with this problem.. their support is like an infinite loop that goes from “send hijackthis report” to sending more.. then they say “your account is probably corrupted make a new microsoft acc” and it repeats itself like this for ages

Archived