raiklock

Someone posted this on reddit, about XML... And I think the guy has a point.

Recommended Posts

Kaigame   
30 minutes ago, Space Jesus said:

This option need to be automatically set in-game according to in-game ping.

If you have 150 ms in-game, so this option is set to 150 by the client itself.

Thank you!! This should not be an option for players to fiddle with, to add this( i know other games may have something similar, doesn't make them any less crap!) The game engine should be able to detect the latency between the client and server and adjust the setting automatically to ensure smooth gameplay.

 

Can we stop linking to videos showing off speed hacks and how to modify the game? The author of the video said he won't show how to make the changes, but if people see that this can be done, it doesn't take much smarts to figure out where to go and how to make the change. 

 

I don't think that these videos should be posted on these forums, these posts should be closed, if not, why not just have a 'modding' section of the forums where we can freely discuss how to do all manor of mods using BnSBuddy(which can modify xml files!!!) and the rest.

 

Stop posting how to modify this game on these forums!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irisdina   

You known whats funny? I specially wrote Lower ping instead of "using speed hack which make him attack faster", becouse this cheaters whould start to cry its fair, becouse "game should be played with 100ms max", but they even said IT IS SPEED HACK so how can you call it if not CHEAT? It is, becouse it make your character attack faster. And pls, don`t evend start with "i have 300 ms", or "game should be played with 100ms". If you have problems with your ping its your problem, not players which play fair and DONT WANNA CHEATERS ON SERVER. Personally i play MoonlightBlade CH with ~220ms and I don`t cry, and use cheats. 220 isnt such terrible ping. I dont wanna be rude, but i must said this (and i dont care if players which edit xml feel offended, becouse they are just cheaters): check other servers. if you have 300 ms on this you MUST have better on others. you have:

-US

-EU

-CH

-JP

-TAI

-KR

-MAL

IMPOSSIBLE that you have shitty ms on all this servers, and most of them HAVE eng patch, so STOP CRY AND CHEAT OR GO SOMEWHER ELSE.

 

P.S.

Devs should check all XML topic and ban all who isist editing xml is ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spin2win   

The way how I see things if you're 150+ ms and playing in a server that's super far away from you then you either suck it up because you knew exactly what you were getting yourself into or find a different game. It's like me going to play a Chinese game and demanding them to give me fair play. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talla   

 i am in canada playing with 120-150 ms using wtfast premium and got this internet speed : http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6340043370 so which server should i play then ? china ?
oh wait i should try taiwan ............ i got under  120 ms ( 110-90) around of 1 at 3 am ( low population) and my friend is under 100ms , and he living the city next to me, at 5 hour from me , i still dont understand  why i get so much ms , ( am not playing on wifi)
so you can explain that ..... right ?
 

Edited by Talla
!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaigame   
14 minutes ago, Talla said:

 my friend is under 100ms , and he living the city next to me, at 5 hour from me , i still dont understand  why i get so much ms , ( am not playing on wifi)
so you can explain that ..... right ?
 

It's called the internet..... Your router, your isp and the route which your data takes to get to and from the servers will be different to your friend. This is not something that NCSoft or any other game company can control, it's not their fault.

 

My internet is crap, i'm on ADSL, lucky to get 2Mb/s download speed, if my GF watches youtube then BnS is unplayable, but i'm not complaining about it on the BnS forums because it's not their fault!!! I can't blame NCSoft for the amount of videos Jimmy Fallon and Ellen post on youtube!

 

Btw, your download speed and latency speed to some cherry picked location on speedtest.net is not indicative of your connection speed to somewhere else. This game won't use your Synchronous, near 300Mb/s internet connection. The location it checks latency to is not where the BnS servers are located, so totally irrelevant 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irisdina   

So lets check:

1. You said you have 110-90 ms. Its araound 100ms.

2. Your friend which live near you have 100ms.

3. At start most cheaters insist ppl with ping 300 should be allowed to use speed hack, and said game should be played with ~100ms

 

If we look at this you should be fine WITHOUT and cheats dont you think? you already have 110-90 ms. Even logic of this who instst using speedhack is fine show your ping is ok without ANY cheats. Your choice which server you play. If you have too high ping switch server, or deal with it, but DONT CHEAT. same to all others. Doesnt matter if they have ping 500, 300, or even 1 (propably there are no one who have that kind of ping here, but...). Cheat is cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiriC   
1 hour ago, Irisdina said:

You known whats funny? I specially wrote Lower ping instead of "using speed hack which make him attack faster", becouse this cheaters whould start to cry its fair, becouse "game should be played with 100ms max", but they even said IT IS SPEED HACK so how can you call it if not CHEAT? It is, becouse it make your character attack faster. And pls, don`t evend start with "i have 300 ms", or "game should be played with 100ms". If you have problems with your ping its your problem, not players which play fair and DONT WANNA CHEATERS ON SERVER. Personally i play MoonlightBlade CH with ~220ms and I don`t cry, and use cheats. 220 isnt such terrible ping. I dont wanna be rude, but i must said this (and i dont care if players which edit xml feel offended, becouse they are just cheaters): check other servers. if you have 300 ms on this you MUST have better on others. you have:

-US

-EU

-CH

-JP

-TAI

-KR

-MAL

IMPOSSIBLE that you have shitty ms on all this servers, and most of them HAVE eng patch, so STOP CRY AND CHEAT OR GO SOMEWHER ELSE.

 

P.S.

Devs should check all XML topic and ban all who isist editing xml is ok.

hahaha

 

jeez calm down... I can see your vein pumping all over from the internet.

 

Breath ...

 

Last I checked it's not your job to check ms on people.

If you want to be a detective .. start sending tickets regarding the so called "cheat" ...  I don't consider it a cheat...   my ms is fine.. 100 .. ish... but if I had a 300 ping and I rly wanted to play this game, yeah I would look for a way to drop my ms down as well... SO... why are you blaming them for making the game playable ? Since the devs aren't doing anything to get this better.. the people will just take matters in there own hands.

 

It's the law of nature..  and like RL .. or what ever.. if they want something .. first they will ask.. if treated with silence they will just do it alone.. and they did.

 

This is a problem since the game go release .. so .. relax..

 

I'm happy people are taking matters in there own hands.. it shows a great deal of things on how things are evolving.

 

All of this can be avoided... only if.... if ?  if what ? I'm sure you can guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talla   
40 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

It's called the internet..... Your router, your isp and the route which your data takes to get to and from the servers will be different to your friend. This is not something that NCSoft or any other game company can control, it's not their fault.

 

My internet is crap, i'm on ADSL, lucky to get 2Mb/s download speed, if my GF watches youtube then BnS is unplayable, but i'm not complaining about it on the BnS forums because it's not their fault!!! I can't blame NCSoft for the amount of videos Jimmy Fallon and Ellen post on youtube!

 

Btw, your download speed and latency speed to some cherry picked location on speedtest.net is not indicative of your connection speed to somewhere else. This game won't use your Synchronous, near 300Mb/s internet connection. The location it checks latency to is not where the BnS servers are located, so totally irrelevant 

 

they are in dallas texas ? http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6340112687 tested all dallas server , and got around 35-60 ms 

without wtfast i got 190+ but maybe i set it in the wrong server , they are not in dallas ? 

and  my first message was for spin2win 

 

if someone got the right location ( best one for canada) that should help me alot 

Edited by Talla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the part where I have to tell you: tough luck.

You play this game with bad latency conditions. Ok I get it. But you're in the minority. The majority plays with a reasonable ping allowing smooth gameplay.

I'm all for this option to exist in-game as suggested. That would be fantastic. I am myself on the far spectrum of "smooth" gameplay at around 60 real / 120-130 ingame ping. Having this option would increase my chances to compete with 20-30pingers (yes, those do exist, imagine that).

 

But the fact that people are getting screwed out of their season rewards by blatant abusers is unacceptable. And yes, this does in fact happen, especially since last weeks when the whole thing blew up in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaigame   

I don't think you quite understand, it's not down to your 'state', but the logical route that your specific ISP uses, and the various hops in between. You could have two people in the same state as where the server is actually located, using the same ISP(or different, doesn't really matter), both users will not have the same route to the server, the quality of their lines and the hops that their connections use might be different, which will affect the latency(ping) that they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kaigame   

By the way, i'm all for minor modifications of games for 'informational purposes', or even cosmetic changes. But i draw the line when we start talking about modding the game on a networking level to affect the speed/response of the client/server communication. It's cheating! i really don't care how you want to butter it up, you are modding the game to enable faster response times and faster attack chains. it's not right!

 

Anything like what is being discussed should never be in the hands of users to control, this should be automatically done between server and client, and is the only way that everyone should agree without reservation that it's acceptable. if you can't control it yourself, then you can't blame another user for it!!! it's as simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ultro   

I play with about 290 - 300 ingame delay. Personally i wouldn't break the rules by editing my XML though i can see why it is so tempting for people in my situation. I would really like for them to implement this officially perhaps automatically, its an adjustable setting within the game files already, it just seems that it was easiest for them to set it for what they believed would be the average user ping and forget it. With a little effort they could make a lot of players experience of the game more enjoyable.  Many reviews ive seen for this game point out how heavy the ping dependancy is for this game, which would put many players off to start with or after trying the game and experiencing this. Some people have also resorted to changing to other less english friendly servers such as TW or soon TH which seems like it would also lose money for this company (If its a separate publisher like Garena). I honestly cant see any problem with this if it was officially implemented and no reason for people to get upset about it in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nala   

I believe the best thing they can do is to implement a slider in game or in the launcher with a limit on how low you can adjust your ping/ attack speed. That way both parties are satisfied. This is very possible as well but it's up to the devs to make this change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TJXX   

It's TOTALLY not their fault for people who get no packet loss, have high speeds and then somehow get 10-30% packet loss at the very last hop which is the ncsoft server right? /sarcasm off....

 

The ncsoft servers are simply not that good, some people just don't get it because they're the lucky few who rarely experience what many others do.  I've never seen so many complaints about ping/lag/bad ms as this game gets.

 

Here's an example of a good day to play for me, with a day where it's useless to even try.

xz0nsm1.png

Edited by TJXX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   

Not even gonna bother to quote anyone. The guys who keep saying "lower their ping" should just stop. You do NOT affect your ping in the slightest. what you do is compensating for the time it takes for the data to get to and from the server, the time it takes is still the same, which means, the ping is THE SAME. It's not changed, there is no lowering the ping, the ping is NOT affected by this. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE for the ping to be any lower by changing some values... anyone that keep claiming that it is lowering the ping, get your head out of the clouds and stop believe in faeries because you are just lying to yourselves.

 

The compensation is that instead of the game sending commands that won't make it back to the client in time for the attack to actually execute (which means, the attack is just dropped and you have to wait another roundtrip to try again), it queries them so that it wait to send the next command, first attack is still going to be slow, the next attack will then have been queued so that it send the command when the first message is on it's way back to the client to confirm the attack) reaches the server, The result? Your client doesn't drop the command and you can execute the same attack in succession as if you had the intended ping (the command is not dropped since it was sent LATER and the game had time to confirm the attack). But this only applies to values greater than 100, values lower than 100 is a whole other matter, it overcompensate, so it sends the command earlier. If you have low ping, the game have confirmed that the previous attack have connected and because of that allows the next attack to go through even though it is too early. If you do not have low ping, lowering the value will not do much if anything, it might even make you attack slower, since you would induce the effect high ping players have, the attacks gets dropped because the game have not confirmed the previous attack connected and you have to wait for another round-trip.

 

Just now, RavTH said:

question: can I use this xml editing to get my ping in na to same as eu like I had on official release? I mean I had decent ping on na and then it went bad for no reason so I changed to eu u.u

No, it does not change your ping in any way or form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irisdina   
1 hour ago, LiriC said:

hahaha

 

jeez calm down... I can see your vein pumping all over from the internet.

 

Breath ...

 

Last I checked it's not your job to check ms on people.

If you want to be a detective .. start sending tickets regarding the so called "cheat" ...  I don't consider it a cheat...   my ms is fine.. 100 .. ish... but if I had a 300 ping and I rly wanted to play this game, yeah I would look for a way to drop my ms down as well... SO... why are you blaming them for making the game playable ? Since the devs aren't doing anything to get this better.. the people will just take matters in there own hands.

 

It's the law of nature..  and like RL .. or what ever.. if they want something .. first they will ask.. if treated with silence they will just do it alone.. and they did.

 

This is a problem since the game go release .. so .. relax..

 

I'm happy people are taking matters in there own hands.. it shows a great deal of things on how things are evolving.

 

All of this can be avoided... only if.... if ?  if what ? I'm sure you can guess.

I`m calm, and i don`t gonna send tickets, its not my job to check ms (and i dont even care what ms you, your friends, my friends, total strangers, or even GOD have). I dont plan to play detective. Its just sad ppl which use cheats "don`t see it as cheats", and think its ok just becouse of that. Looking at your point of view player with 30ms can use this to attack with speed of light and its not cheat. Why? Becouse he gonna insist he dont have 0ms so he should attack faster till he have 0ms. Start understunding EVERY way of modding/changing game so you can play it eassier/"on equal terms" IS cheating, becouse you mess with game mechanics, but if you dont understund that we don`t have what to talk about.

 

P.S.

If someone have problem with ms from the verry begining why boother playing? Are you masochist? Isnt it eassier to change server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavTH   

question: can I use this xml editing to get my ping in na to same as eu like I had on official release? I mean I had decent ping on na and then it went bad for no reason so I changed to eu u.u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this xml editing will not reduce your ping but the time your inputs that will be send to the server. It's not reducing ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
14 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

I`m calm, and i don`t gonna send tickets, its not my job to check ms (and i dont even care what ms you, your friends, my friends, total strangers, or even GOD have). I dont plan to play detective. Its just sad ppl which use cheats "don`t see it as cheats", and think its ok just becouse of that. Looking at your point of view player with 30ms can use this to attack with speed of light and its not cheat. Why? Becouse he gonna insist he dont have 0ms so he should attack faster till he have 0ms. Start understunding EVERY way of modding/changing game so you can play it eassier/"on equal terms" IS cheating, becouse you mess with game mechanics, but if you dont understund that we don`t have what to talk about.

 

P.S.

If someone have problem with ms from the verry begining why boother playing? Are you masochist? Isnt it eassier to change server?

Not one have said that the ones with low ping have any rights to change that to lower value than intended. But you fail to see the benefit this have for someone with high ping, they can't attack any faster than you, it's literally impossible for someone with high ping to abuse this, only someone with low ping can, and that SHOULD NOT be possible, it's terrible design to have that value in an XML file, if you could change the value in-game where they can restrict the values so that the cheaters with low ping can't abuse it. But better would eb that the value is handled runtime. Low ping that abuse this is cheaters. they get an unfair advantage with intent to break the game into their favor, the high ping players are just trying to catch up. they do not get any unfair advantage. they break the ToS, but they are in no way or form cheating, because cheating require you to get an unfair advantage, which they CAN'T get from this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemy   
8 minutes ago, RavTH said:

Q_Q forever 300-400ms in na u.u

pff that's useless then.
buuut question, I do remember sparring a sin yesterday their ani cancel of lmbrmb was super crazy fast sin name (tsuna) on eu, was that this xml edit thingy? that looks and feels broken lol.

I would remove the player's name if I were you since it is not allowed on the forums. Btw it doesn't mean he is using that, could be macro or he could just be good with anicancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavTH   
28 minutes ago, Yndril said:

No, it does not change your ping in any way or form.

Q_Q forever 300-400ms in na u.u

19 minutes ago, RDKillerITA said:

this xml editing will not reduce your ping but the time your inputs that will be send to the server. It's not reducing ping.

pff that's useless then.
buuut question, I do remember sparring a sin yesterday their ani cancel of lmbrmb was super crazy fast sin name (tsuna) on eu, was that this xml edit thingy? that looks and feels broken lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mom at work. At home i will try to explain it with a image (but take it with a grain of salt because i'm not 100% sure if it works this way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yndril said:

I'll just ignore you now, you have no clue what you're talking about despite me telling you multiple times that the ping stays the same. if you're unable to comprehend that simple fact, you're unable to process simple information, which means talking to you is futile.

You still don't understand the point

If you're able to use a "cheat" to increase your attack speed

on high ping, I should be able to do the same with my low ping

You're just selfish and complain about hacking because someone

uses the same "CHEAT" as you did.

 

Such a hypocrite 

shouting and screaming about hacks, about people attack faster than you,

when you use the same cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
1 hour ago, Yndril said:

Not one have said that the ones with low ping have any rights to change that to lower value than intended. But you fail to see the benefit this have for someone with high ping, they can't attack any faster than you, it's literally impossible for someone with high ping to abuse this, only someone with low ping can, and that SHOULD NOT be possible, it's terrible design to have that value in an XML file, if you could change the value in-game where they can restrict the values so that the cheaters with low ping can't abuse it. But better would eb that the value is handled runtime. Low ping that abuse this is cheaters. they get an unfair advantage with intent to break the game into their favor, the high ping players are just trying to catch up. they do not get any unfair advantage. they break the ToS, but they are in no way or form cheating, because cheating require you to get an unfair advantage, which they CAN'T get from this.

You are so funny. In your logic, high ping players can use 'cheat' and low ping players can't use it. :P

 

It is just like saying poor people can rob a bank and rich people can't do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irisdina   

As for me all who use speed hack, or any kind of cheat should be banned and i always gonna said that. And if you gonna insist about allowing it, then you CAN`T ban it for some ppl, and allow it for some. If you have shitty ms, its YOUR problem. You wanna have game like with 100-50 ms, and guy which have 50 wanna have game like 0ms. At this point i agree with FrozenB. Its like allowing some ppl rob a bank becouse they are too poor. This way we soon gonna see f2p vs p2p stupidity raise into "f2p should get free items from cash shop becouse they dont have money to buy it". Its hypocrite to allow one groupe of ppl do something and dont allow other do same thing. UNDERSTUND IT. And Cheating is ALWAYS wrong.

Oh lets add:

2 hours ago, Yndril said:

they do not get any unfair advantage. they break the ToS,

If they broke ToS they should be automaticly BANNED, and plz dont even try to said they just wanna play on equal terms. They agree to ToS when they log-in, they should play without any hacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.