raiklock

Someone posted this on reddit, about XML... And I think the guy has a point.

Recommended Posts

raiklock   

This

 

 

 

Basicly he shows the both sides of editing the XML and how to use it for the good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why limit the range from 90 - 300

For higher ping players it "would be" fair

But for us who have ~50 in game ping, the 90 ping is just trash

Why not suggest giving everyone ~10 in game ping, problem solve!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   
10 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

Why limit the range from 90 - 300

For higher ping players it "would be" fair

But for us who have ~50 in game ping, the 90 ping is just trash

Why not suggest giving everyone ~10 in game ping, problem solve!

^

Another example why people need to get banned with using this XML. Not only the high ping players use it, but also low ping players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raiklock   
54 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

Why limit the range from 90 - 300

For higher ping players it "would be" fair

But for us who have ~50 in game ping, the 90 ping is just trash

Why not suggest giving everyone ~10 in game ping, problem solve!

You arelady have 50 ping, what else do you want? You play this game as it's meant to be and people who don't live near the servers are trying to have a decent gameplay, compared to yours... 

Why limit it from 90-300 is explained very well in the video. Below 90 low ping players can ABUSE it (speed hack), more than 300 makes the game bugs out.

 

How is it hard to understand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
raiklock   
43 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

^

Another example why people need to get banned with using this XML. Not only the high ping players use it, but also low ping players.

Wait wait wait........ You want to ban every high ping player for playing with a decent attack speed like you do??????

Or do you want to ban the LOW ping abusers attacking 10 sunders per second?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
17 minutes ago, raiklock said:

Wait wait wait........ You want to ban every high ping player for playing with a decent attack speed like you do??????

Or do you want to ban the LOW ping abusers attacking 10 sunders per second?

Why not both? >_>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irisdina   

as for me ALL who use this should be banned. its same. If they have problem with ping its theyr problem. Search some ping booster/VPN instead of using method which allow you to hack game as you want. Game should be played as it was created by creators, not modified by players. Changing something is just cheating. It doesnt matter if you change ping from 300 to 90 or from 90 to 10. You STILL LOWER YOUR PING!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, raiklock said:

You arelady have 50 ping, what else do you want? You play this game as it's meant to be and people who don't live near the servers are trying to have a decent gameplay, compared to yours... 

Why limit it from 90-300 is explained very well in the video. Below 90 low ping players can ABUSE it (speed hack), more than 300 makes the game bugs out.

 

How is it hard to understand? 

If you use a cheat to lower your ping from 300

It is only fair if i use the cheat to lower my ping to sub 10

 

Its like saying, "Oh I found a way to make millions of dollars, oh wait you already make millions of dollars,

so therefore you cannot use this cheat to make another millions or else it is unfair to us "poor people""

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how all of you selectively omitted the part how this can be abused to break the rules of the game.

Also, I like how the author of this video dedicated so little time to it.

Internet objectivity at its finest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
16 minutes ago, Irisdina said:

as for me ALL who use this should be banned. its same. If they have problem with ping its theyr problem. Search some ping booster/VPN instead of using method which allow you to hack game as you want. Game should be played as it was created by creators, not modified by players. Changing something is just cheating. It doesnt matter if you change ping from 300 to 90 or from 90 to 10. You STILL LOWER YOUR PING!!!

Ignorant ranting, you DO NOT lower you ping, even suggesting such a thing is insane. The ping is the same, if you actually looked at the video, you would see he has 220-250 in-game ping, but he can attack just the same as someone with 100 ping (at least for attacks holding one button, it won't really work with multiple abilities). And he is asking the devs to add that option to the game, though I think it should be 100-300 (100 is what the game is using now, any lower would allow for faster than the devs intended attacks). I still think the game itself should decide that value at run-time, as your ping is not constant. But the fact is that they have a solution to the ping problems, they're already half-way there, hard-code it and people can't abuse it (not without changing the client which is detectable by the anti-cheat) and the problem is out of the way.

 

3 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

If you us a cheat to lower your ping from 300It is y fair if i use the cheat to lower my ping to sub 10

 

Its like saying, "Oh I found a way to make millions of dollars, oh wait you already make millions of dollars,so therefore you cannot use this cheat to make another millions or else it is unfair to us "poor people""

Terrible comparison, because 1: the ping is the same and 2: you are asking to attack faster than intended while the high ping is asking to attack AS FAST as the ones with decent ping.

 

So more like: you live in the city, you can walk to the market in 5 minutes, someone else lives at the outskirt of the city, it would take him 30 minutes to walk to the market. But oh, there goes buses, the bus takes about 5 minutes to get to market for him. Now you are pissed that he can get to the market in the same time it takes you to get to there by foot.

Now you want a railway inside your apartment so you can get there in 1 minute, Even if you get there 4 minutes earlier, you still have to wait in queue, so you don't get back any faster, unless you cut ahead (THAT is the speedhack), in which case you'll get back much faster than him. But you get to enjoy the scenery while walking, and if you see something, you have plenty of time to look at it (other players doesn't suddenly move from one place to another because your ping is good and it update often enough), or if you suddenly decide to take another route you can do that (you can use different abilities) the guy that sit on the bus can't decide the bus' route, and he can only see the scenery as fast as the bus goes (using different skills is still going to lag and other players will snap around because they moved but the game haven't registered it yet)). But you still are pissed that that other guy can get there just as fast as you. You want that the buses should stop going so that he has to walk 30 minutes. After all, since you live closer, he should not be able to get there as fast as you, if he wanted to get there faster, he should've just moved in closer to the market, that inconsiderate ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

13 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

I like how all of you selectively omitted the part how this can be abused to break the rules of the game.

Funny how you do the same thing by disregarding the benefit for people with high ping. If NC just added that slider so you CAN'T abuse it, which the author of the video is suggesting, had you looked at it, the abuse part is gone and players with high ping could benefit from it as they should have been able to already without doing something they don't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Yndril said:

Ignorant ranting, you DO NOT lower you ping, even suggesting such a thing is insane. The ping is the same, if you actually looked at the video, you would see he has 220-250 in-game ping, but he can attack just the same as someone with 100 ping (at least for attacks holding one button, it won't really work with multiple abilities). And he is asking the devs to add that option to the game, though I think it should be 100-300 (100 is what the game is using now, any lower would allow for faster than the devs intended attacks). I still think the game itself should decide that value at run-time, as your ping is not constant. But the fact is that they have a solution to the ping problems, they're already half-way there, hard-code it and people can't abuse it (not without changing the client which is detectable by the anti-cheat) and the problem is out of the way.

 

Terrible comparison, because 1: the ping is the same and 2: you are asking to attack faster than intended while the high ping is asking to attack AS FAST as the ones with decent ping.

 

So more like: you live in the city, you can walk to the market in 5 minutes, someone else lives at the outskirt of the city, it would take him 30 minutes to walk to the market. But oh, there goes buses, the bus takes about 5 minutes to get to market for him. Now you are pissed that he can get to the market in the same time it takes you to get to there by foot.

Now you want a railway inside your apartment so you can get there in 1 minute, Even if you get there 4 minutes earlier, you still have to wait in queue, so you don't get back any faster, unless you cut ahead (THAT is the speedhack), in which case you'll get back much faster than him. But you get to enjoy the scenery while walking, and if you see something, you have plenty of time to look at it (other players doesn't suddenly move from one place to another because your ping is good and it update often enough), or if you suddenly decide to take another route you can do that (you can use different abilities) the guy that sit on the bus can't decide the bus' route, and he can only see the scenery as fast as the bus goes (using different skills is still going to lag and other players will snap around because they moved but the game haven't registered it yet)). But you still are pissed that that other guy can get there just as fast as you. You want that the buses should stop going so that he has to walk 30 minutes. After all, since you live closer, he should not be able to get there as fast as you, if he wanted to get there faster, he should've just moved in closer to the market, that inconsiderate ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.

Funny how you do the same thing by disregarding the benefit for people with high ping. If NC just added that slider so you CAN'T abuse it, which the author of the video is suggesting, had you looked at it, the abuse part is gone and players with high ping could benefit from it as they should have been able to already without doing something they don't want to.

The guy with 300 ping attack slow and want to attack fast

I attack fast and I want to attack FASTER.

Sound fair to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrozenB   

If people really want to modify the game that much, they should make their own private server. They can edit anything they want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
5 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

The guy with 300 ping attack slow and want to attack fast

I attack fast and I want to attack FASTER.

Sound fair to me

Not in the slightest. you would cut in line, he wouldn't. You would be pushing other people aside and be a general douchebag to get what you want, he just get there in the same time as you. He is unable to cut in line because he has a twisted ankle and doesn't want to be a bother (he can't attack any faster than his ping allows him, regardless of what he does. If you have low ping, you have the ability to attack faster than intended).

 

You are selfish and want to abuse the method that helps other players to have almost as good gaming experience as you do. And that is the reason the settings should not be modifiable, so YOU can't abuse it. But NC is more concerned about fixing treasure trove and compensate the paying players (even though the f2p players also were affected, unless the "free keys" have that "bugged" drop rate.) than to implement a runtime modifier instead of having it in a (compiled) XML file...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
14 minutes ago, Cammyla said:

This was patched on KR a few time ago.

Does not matter what fix they did in KR to be honest. it's probably not gonna work for west because they'd lose a lot of players that can't play because of high ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or maybe NC should optimize their server software, then go and force transit ISPs to do their job and eliminate chokes, THEN we can start pointing fingers on who's right and who's wrong.

Here's a thing - NC had some sort of idea about how this game should be experienced. Modifying the XML brings some people with higher ping closer to that NC ideal. It pushes other players waaaaay past it (the ones who abuse it). It's pretty obvious who should get the ban hammer for this. There's a pretty clear separation from people trying to play the game how it's supposed to be played and people who are trying to become gods.

 

Also to the guy that said "it's player's problem that they have high ping". There are two outlined solutions to the ping, which fit your statement - First is for all players to move to Frankfurt near the servers and use the same ISP. Second is for those that don't get less than 30 ping to just stop playing, which will result in the game dying. Option one is not possible as we don't live to play some game, so we can't (or rather won't) make lifestyle decisions just for the sake of fixing this issue. Second is obviously not good for anybody. No players, no game. NC won't run their servers just for the people that play from Germany. That would be unproductive. Everybody loses. So unless you have some sort of idea how players should deal with such a problem, don't say it's their responsibility. Just like you don't hold responsibility that your internet goes down, you can't hold responsibility that it lags.

The obvious connection here is - your ISP doesn't look after your connection, so you get ping. The transit ISPs aren't doing their job so you get ping. All you can do as an end user is call your ISP and notify them that you have a problem then hope they can fix it. Now here's the other side and how it ties the logic from my first paragraph - when a player can't play the game and nobody does anything to improve the ping, he/she will just find another game to play that's not as irritating. From NC's perspective, a lost player is a lost potential/current customer and a lost part of their "content" (in MMORPGs, players are literally half the game if not more and losing them is actually a BIG thing, especially in today's MMO rich market). Who do you think has more to lose and should work things out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cammyla   
10 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

Or maybe NC should optimize their server software, then go and force transit ISPs to do their job and eliminate chokes, THEN we can start pointing fingers on who's right and who's wrong.

I'm work on a local ISP on my country we spent weeks trying and the best ping we can get is 110+ on field and 310ms on f8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yndril said:

Not in the slightest. you would cut in line, he wouldn't. You would be pushing other people aside and be a general douchebag to get what you want, he just get there in the same time as you. He is unable to cut in line because he has a twisted ankle and doesn't want to be a bother (he can't attack any faster than his ping allows him, regardless of what he does. If you have low ping, you have the ability to attack faster than intended).

 

You are selfish and want to abuse the method that helps other players to have almost as good gaming experience as you do. And that is the reason the settings should not be modifiable, so YOU can't abuse it. But NC is more concerned about fixing treasure trove and compensate the paying players (even though the f2p players also were affected, unless the "free keys" have that "bugged" drop rate.) than to implement a runtime modifier instead of having it in a (compiled) XML file...

You are selfish; to allow yourself to use the cheat to lower your ping

But calling other people "selfish" when they lower their pings even lower

All you think about is yourself and how you can lower your ping, but other people

with lower ping are "selfish", by your statement, when they lower their ping

the same way you did. 

 

Good job thinking it through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemy   
2 hours ago, AhComplicate said:

You are selfish; to allow yourself to use the cheat to lower your ping

But calling other people "selfish" when they lower their pings even lower

All you think about is yourself and how you can lower your ping, but other people

with lower ping are "selfish", by your statement, when they lower their ping

the same way you did. 

 

Good job thinking it through.

It actually doesn't lower your ping it just gives you the attack speed that you should have in the game without the delay if you live away from the server. NC will probably change this value their selves in the future anyways due to complaints. I guess when NC changes it then people can stop calling it a hack.

Edited by Lemy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemy   

Hopefully the devs will just give an answer to stop people from making multiple threads about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
amokk   
6 hours ago, Yndril said:

Does not matter what fix they did in KR to be honest. it's probably not gonna work for west because they'd lose a lot of players that can't play because of high ping.

That's bullcrap. This wasnt known for the last year and highping players are still around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bim404   
6 hours ago, AhComplicate said:

You are selfish; to allow yourself to use the cheat to lower your ping

But calling other people "selfish" when they lower their pings even lower

All you think about is yourself and how you can lower your ping, but other people

with lower ping are "selfish", by your statement, when they lower their ping

the same way you did. 

 

Good job thinking it through.

I just cant believe what i'm reading, typical selfish btch "i outdps ppl with high ping it makes me feel good, i dont want them to play decently my stick need to get hard while lookin that dps meter , i need it !"

The game is designed to be played with 100 ping max with a 100g cd, not everyone have the luck to get this because bad routing, bad xign, long distance, bad routing etc, ppl find a workaround to have a better game experience to the game the way it's intended to be played, and u tryin to compare this with speedhackers, wtf is your problem ?

The very fact that u can lower it below 100 client side is a coding aberration already in the skill animation cd design, it's that thing Nc need to fix, not the fact that ppl with high ping can get a better speed, which once again, wont ever be as good as a person with good ping , just closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yndril   
7 hours ago, AhComplicate said:

You are selfish; to allow yourself to use the cheat to lower your ping

But calling other people "selfish" when they lower their pings even lower

All you think about is yourself and how you can lower your ping, but other people

with lower ping are "selfish", by your statement, when they lower their ping

the same way you did. 

 

Good job thinking it through.

I'll just ignore you now, you have no clue what you're talking about despite me telling you multiple times that the ping stays the same. if you're unable to comprehend that simple fact, you're unable to process simple information, which means talking to you is futile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This option need to be automatically set in-game according to in-game ping.

If you have 150 ms in-game, so this option is set to 150 by the client itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.