Who made this event????

raiklock

20 hours ago, gaiachaos said:

25 in 2 days is impossible because the drop rate is about 10%. I currently have 7 and opened close to 60 special boxes. Dried ginseng can also be obtained from Windrest, so it is very likely that guy got most of the ginseng from that location. 

Not even close. I opened 9 boxes, 5 of them gave Ginseng (and i can't call myself very lucky in this game at all). Easy 500g. This event should be rolled back or replaced with 10g Ginseng.. idk.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh, events that are designed for everyone should never have anything based on gear/dps.  the fact that there is one for this event is just stupid design.   Not to mention putting actual gold into the reward at such a high amount.  it really makes me wonder who is the idiot that have no common sense of mmo economy.  u simply arent suppose to inject the amount of gold into the economy like this without proper gold sinks.  well not unless u are trying to get a quick profit for ur yearly bonus and jump ship when the game crashes earlier because of it. 

4 hours ago, Fatalito said:

In games like these, from what I've experienced, the dev team is fully focused on adding new content and cash shop stuff. It's what they are ordered to do by the guy above them who hoards all the money. So unless an issue is game breaking for a large user base, it usually is not addressed on time, or at all.

Can't disagree. In addition to '' unless '' a serious alternative game launches.

About the topic, i liked the event, i can't compete in it 2 days a week because of daily challenge '' Nf, Dt ''. So far good. I gave up chasing bosses too, because i could only get special chest once and there was nothing in it. But, that ginseng crap is nonsense and that gold will really badly influence economy. It took my month to get 1k gold and now it will be useless because of influx. The gold in this game isn't spent enough already, i mean there are only some gear upgrade requirements as gold, other than that it is used at nothing. Maths, currency exchange, other marketplace stuff, only cycles the gold between players. Influx is inevitable.

I can relate to this. I've literally been lucky twice to have had a last hit on the bosses with 1 ginseng drop, and I am a 900+ AP SF with Raven stage 1. This design is simply toxicity in its purest form. 

Sure, you can get an Octagonal Amethyst as free-to-play player with this event. That's pretty strong, even if you have to spend countless hours. But you still need 60 Radiant Energies. Something to grind for, sure. But when you see all those whales spamming their 40 stacks of Ginseng or special boxes in Region chat, while you're still standing there with a lousy 2 special box drops, as 900+.... you might start to ask yourself some questions.

Is this fair? Why should True Soul be a requirement, for the biggest pampering reward since BM Cancertongue rework? What can I do to improve things for me?

Answers are simple. In order: No, it isn't fair. No it should not be. And I cannot possibly hope to do anything against this.

We are dealing with 60+ whales, spread over 11 channels tops during peak hours, where every channel ever is literally filled to the brim. A few hundred or so free-to-play players fighting over nothing but scraps that the OP wallet warriors leave behind for their "ez 100g". 

These boxes need a massive rework, and they needed it yesterday. The best suggestions / solutions I have heard so far, are swapping the material drops from special boxes, to the normal boxes. So lower-geared people can at least get ELysian, Moonstone crystals etc. That would effectively reduce the estimated profit advantage from 13,3g per Special box, to roundabout 6,6 (thanks to Callysto Lillyth for the calculations). And someone else already mentioned the 50% drop chance of special boxes, from normal pouches. 

PLEASE make haste with this. As I am utterly infuriated by a number of things, but this 'event' is 85% cause of it.

Unless you have a massive amount of burst damage you will a hard time getting the special box. My WL has 100 less ap than my Sum/BM do and I get the special box every time with the WL.

FWIW the drop rate on those fruits is really bad. I have been at it for 6 hours and I now have 7 fruits, that's including 3 special boxes.

A event that is based on people farming IS NOT AN EVENT.

This event dose not apply for the low levels, this event dose not apply for the people that have HM 1, this event dose NOT apply for the people that have 400-500 AP, this event dose NOT apply for the people that do not have the time needed to farm and farm, this event dose NOT apply for the people that only get a few hours to do the instances to get some gold... since we all know that prices are sky high.

This is not an event.

This is just a implementation for people to go in Basin and farm peaches to get used to the new zone.

I feel sad for all the people that don't have time to farm, or camp the bosses.  OH WAIT.. I'm one of them :) 

I don't even know what this "special box" is .. and I for damn sure don't even know what gold you guys are talking about...  yeah...  this event is a scam in my eyes.

What happened to the good old days ?  Did someone actually see a GM ING ? ..   A GM to do a Hide&Seek event.. .. a Race maybe... a random drop... a MASS PVP.. or something ..  what ever happened to these types of events.

I miss the old days..  were events were for the new and the old....  

47 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Unless you have a massive amount of burst damage you will a hard time getting the special box. My WL has 100 less ap than my Sum/BM do and I get the special box every time with the WL.

FWIW the drop rate on those fruits is really bad. I have been at it for 6 hours and I now have 7 fruits, that's including 3 special boxes.

Stop writing the same crap over and over again, even without buying any keys from the shop you get more than enough fruit to transmute the gem.

6 hours ago, AlisaTheFluffy said:

Not even close. I opened 9 boxes, 5 of them gave Ginseng (and i can't call myself very lucky in this game at all). Easy 500g. This event should be rolled back or replaced with 10g Ginseng.. idk.

Sounds very lucky to me i got only one in a dozen chests.

Well, I'm glad I decided not to join this event, and decided not to join any other event, nor even attempt to do anything higher than old normal purple dungeons that were a thing 6 months ago. I'll most likely get bored after leveling the characters I'm currently playing and leave again. Perhaps until the new class hits, to level it up and leave again until the next. As negative and noobish as this sounds, AT LEAST I can play in peace this way. Sure, I liked the raven outfit a bit and this ensures I won't even see the dungeon that grants it. I also will never reach too high into Mushin's tower or beat brother Lusung. But for peace of mind, leaving a world-dominating maniac run rampant in my version of the world is every bit as worth. :)

Everything would be nice if completing all 3 of the timed quests guaranteed you a special pouch, and you had a ~35% chance to get a special pouch if you've dealt at least 2% damage to the boss (instead of guaranteed special after 10% damage). Last-Hit would remain the same.

45 minutes ago, Liene said:

My target for this event is octa amethyst so I don't really care about that special box or ginseng. But so far got 1 ginseng out of 4 special boxes.

Got two gingsens. All from last-hit boxes or a channel where it takes people one minute to fill in for some reason.

I rather farm peaches to get boxes and have bosses as occasional rewards than camping bosses all days with a timer website.

After the try for a week, i also gave up.

Got 31 Peaches (11 from Khanda) and never saw the special chest once.

3 hours running around and killing mobs = 2 chests.

Too many highly equipped player at one spot.

They want beat the boss as fast as possible. Then, switch fast to the next channel to beat him a second time. They dont care about lowly equipped player. And they will keep doing it even after they got the gem. It's a easy way to get gold.

I dont mind, when a player who payed money gets more back. But „Event“ means to enjoy something for everyone. And again, it's not the case.

A solution would be:

Player with 900+ AP and/or Raven can only enter channel 1-3 automatically.

Player with 600-900 AP only Channel 4-6.

Player 1-600 can enter channel 7-8. And also all other Channel, if they need help to beat them.

And it's in the peach area. But the peaches have absolutely nothing to do with it. So, add a peach trade for the chest/key. Or open a second area to get those. Like the ghost town Zaiwei Ruins.

Well, i doubt that Ncsoft will change anything. Not now, not in future events.

4 hours ago, Zini said:

A solution would be:

Player 1-600 can enter channel 7-8. And also all other Channel, if they need help to beat them.

Trust me, that would  not solve a thing for a large portion of the player base either. I have 900+ myself with Raven 1, and even I have next to no chance of getting the special box. I'd rather say, disable True HM Soul for the area, as everyone that gets the special boxes, is getting it ue to the overpowered burst this gives them.

The Ginseng should just be removed from the boxes.

The main players getting the Ginseng are the decked out players as they do the most damage and have a higher chance of getting the special boxes.

The rich getting richer should not be the theme of this event.

And this event does not even encourage Peach farming as the main activity in the Celestial Basin; camping and afking are the more prominent activities within the zone at the moment.

6 hours ago, Corona1 said:

Trust me, that would  not solve a thing for a large portion of the player base either. I have 900+ myself with Raven 1, and even I have next to no chance of getting the special box. I'd rather say, disable True HM Soul for the area, as everyone that gets the special boxes, is getting it ue to the overpowered burst this gives them.

The special chest is by last hit, not by total damage. Disable true HM soul won't do anything. Sometimes you need to have luck to get last hit. 

11 hours ago, Zini said:

After the try for a week, i also gave up.

Got 31 Peaches (11 from Khanda) and never saw the special chest once.

3 hours running around and killing mobs = 2 chests.

Too many highly equipped player at one spot.

They want beat the boss as fast as possible. Then, switch fast to the next channel to beat him a second time. They dont care about lowly equipped player. And they will keep doing it even after they got the gem. It's a easy way to get gold.

I dont mind, when a player who payed money gets more back. But „Event“ means to enjoy something for everyone. And again, it's not the case.

A solution would be:

And it's in the peach area. But the peaches have absolutely nothing to do with it. So, add a peach trade for the chest/key. Or open a second area to get those. Like the ghost town Zaiwei Ruins.

Well, i doubt that Ncsoft will change anything. Not now, not in future events.

The solution is lame. All they can do is change weapon. After they killed the boss, they changed to HM training weapon then switch channel, then change back their raven weapon. Boom....nothing gets resolved.

Sorry, I fail to see the reason for complaints this time... If the special chest drops to the last hit, anyone has a chance to get it regardless of AP, no? Personally, I never got it, but what is the problem? I play as a casual, still got the 7 ap gem, and the event is so long that most probably I can get the 12 ap gem before it ends... I simply don't understand what is there to complain about?

the special chest drop has TWO conditions. 

1. if u get last hit you get a special chest in addition.

2.  if u deal enough dmg(believe its 10%) you get a special chest.

the issue is that fact that there is the 2nd condition which is ap based.  also the issue isnt so much there is a special chest, its that the special chest has a decently high chance to give out 100gold.  nots mats worth 100g, its 100g new gold from selling to npc.  so the issue isnt just that the high gear whales always get special chests, the amount of gold being generated by this event is and slowly messing up the economy for the rest of the people.

11 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

Sorry, I fail to see the reason for complaints this time... If the special chest drops to the last hit, anyone has a chance to get it regardless of AP, no? Personally, I never got it, but what is the problem? I play as a casual, still got the 7 ap gem, and the event is so long that most probably I can get the 12 ap gem before it ends... I simply don't understand what is there to complain about?

i don't have complaint since i really don't care about this event. but people are complaining about ginseng that you get from special box which is 100g.

while i have never gotten a special box myself, from what I understand you get a special box if you do 10% damage or if you get last hit.

high dps do make a difference not only because its easier to do 10% damage but your chance of getting last hit is greater.

42 minutes ago, SuiRyuJin said:

the special chest drop has TWO conditions. 

1. if u get last hit you get a special chest in addition.

2.  if u deal enough dmg(believe its 10%) you get a special chest.

the issue is that fact that there is the 2nd condition which is ap based.  also the issue isnt so much there is a special chest, its that the special chest has a decently high chance to give out 100gold.  nots mats worth 100g, its 100g new gold from selling to npc.  so the issue isnt just that the high gear whales always get special chests, the amount of gold being generated by this event is and slowly messing up the economy for the rest of the people.

If there are two conditions, it means that there is someone who have gotten 2 special chests from a single boss kill. Can anyone confirm it? 

I really doubt the 10% damage one because there was 1 time, there weren't many people in a channel to kill a boss, which took around 2-3 minutes to kill and I was there since 100% hp of boss health to the end and I didn't get the special chest. I am pretty sure I did way more than 10% of boss hp.

Archived