Secrets of the Stratus: April 12, 2017

MonkeyDRuffy

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/secrets-of-the-stratus/

Secrets of the Stratus

April 12, 2017

Blade & Soul’s newest expansion arrives, featuring Act 7 of the story, a whole new questing area, a revamp of the skills experience and more!

Act 7: The Search

Hunt down the Hongmoon School’s youngest and most valuable protégé with the help of your students and some new allies: Chol Mugo, Admiral of the Blackram South Fleet, and Ku Yang, the new Blade Master representative.

Skill Tree Revamp

The new skill system is here! Skill points and the skill trees for each ability have been removed, and instead replaced with a more intuitive and simpler solution that maintains build customization and fluidity.

img_skilltree_en.jpg

Insta-50 & Hongmoon Level 20

This new account service will be allow new characters to be created at Level 50, with all the equipment necessary to continue adventuring in Blade & Soul. Additionally, the cap for Hongmoon Levels will be raised to 20!

img_insta50.png

Hongmoon Training Room

Practice your skills, learn new combos, or test your DPS against dungeon bosses in the new Hongmoon Training Room.

Naryu Sanctum

Once buried under the earth for centuries due to a jealous demigod, Xanos the Everlasting, the Naryu Sanctum is again accessible by foolhardy treasure-seekers and warriors alike.

Celestial Basin

Designed specifically for more solo-inclined players, venture into this land to fulfil a number of tasks and get rewarded with Heavenly Peaches, a currency to purchase legendary items.

Mushin’s Tower

An isolated tower sits off the coast, remote and inaccessible until now. The Tower of Trials, as the dungeon is also known, contains 20 floors of increasingly-difficult challenges, each designed to be faced as a solo player.

18 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

Wow....its here, arent they still working on balancing skills on KR though? Or they finished?

Skill balance never finished. They will work balancing skills as long this game exist.

41 minutes ago, Suna said:

Skill balance never finished. They will work balancing skills as long this game exist.

I know that lol but i mean, weren't a lot of the new skills revamps broken op? So are we getting them fixed or the broken version?

What does the skill revamp mean? Does that mean all our previous hard work and knowledge of our skills is now thrown in the trash?

What about the hongmoon skills? Will everyone instantly get them? Will the skills also change? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO CHANGE. I don't want to relearn everything when they *cricket* up my skills. I love my warlock and I'll be seriously pissed if my skills are ruined.

Also the insta-50 is bullshit, I don't see what's good in playing a game you don't even play.

2 hours ago, Huuxera said:

What does the skill revamp mean? Does that mean all our previous hard work and knowledge of our skill sis now thrown in the trash?

What about the hongmoon skills? Will everyone instantly get them? Will the skills also change? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO CHANGE. I don't want to relearn everything when they *cricket* up my skills. I love my warlock and I'll be seriously pissed if my skills are ruined.

Also the insta-50 is bullshit, I don't see what's good in playing a game you don't even play.

No.

All that is changing is how to skill tree looks and works along with normal class balance changes. HM skills are not changing and still need to be acquired as they are now.

Refer to the KR skill section on: https://bnstree.com/

Your rotations will still be pretty much the same.

Again the only real change here is that there are no more skill points. Your abilities and rotations will be mostly the same, HM skills will be the same just a newer cleaner skill tree UI and not having to worry about skill points.

What does the skill revamp mean? Does that mean all our previous hard work and knowledge of our skills is now thrown in the trash?

i think we will get a buff more than a nerf. Helix shadow build will destroy ass in arena pvp while frost build will be useless. Frost build will receive buff in pve with pve hm bombard reducing the cd of dragon call on crit so if u get the blue badge you will basically use soulburn rotation every time you use leach. Frost rupture received a nerf in the target debuff from 1.2 sec target to 0.8 for some reason.

T.L.D.R shadow build good for pvp and mobs. Frost good for bosses.

Hmmm as someone who actually took the time to lvl a number of alts to 50 gear them up both before and some after the streamline. Not gonna lie, the instant 50 kinda sucks a wee bit. AT any rate I wonder what financial hoop they will have planned to use/get it.

1 hour ago, Phaere said:

All that is changing is how to skill tree looks and works along with normal class balance changes. HM skills are not changing and still need to be acquired as they are now.

Ahhh thank you so much, this greatly reassures me! I thought "skill revamp" means they will just change our skills...

But what does "removal of skill points" mean? What will be the purpose of levels then? Will you instantly get access to all skills on a max level? I don't understand this system...

1 hour ago, Kevi said:

i think we will get a buff more than a nerf.

That is also reassuring, thank you. I really enjoyed warlock playstyle and I was afraid it will change into something I won't enjoy...

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-new-continent-level-55-cap-hongmoon-ultimate-skills/#more-9797

" The skill tree of all classes will be simplified and enhanced. The current system is too complicated with many “stages” and “tiers”. After the skill tree revamp, skills can be learned by simply selecting “stage” (no more tier). The total SP will be reduced accordingly since much lesser points are required to learn a specific skill. Refer to the video below for the test server preview of the new skill interface.

Instead of additional SP, “Hongmoon Points” (HMP) will be allocated when you gain higher Hongmoon level. These HMP can be freely allocated anytime into Defensive or Offensive stats.

Hongmoon training field allows you to fight instance bosses or even 24-man raid bosses for practice and learning purposes. "

Example for Destroyer: http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-destroyer-new-skill-tree/

having the possibility to create our own build using the different skils was one of the charm of this game now we dont have a lot of choice, and no more hm lvl needed to use it, i am kind of happy cause im still hm 9 and i lack of skills point but wow all this hard work farming those hm lvl vanished in one patch ? they should have tell us everything we did last year will be a waste cause they gonna rework the whole game, i could have saved my time and start the game in 2017 when you can full gear/max lvl/max HM in fews hours/mins.

Ahhh thank you so much, this greatly reassures me! I thought "skill revamp" means they will just change our skills...

But what does "removal of skill points" mean? What will be the purpose of levels then? Will you instantly get access to all skills on a max level? I don't understand this system...

That is also reassuring, thank you. I really enjoyed warlock playstyle and I was afraid it will change into something I won't enjoy...

They literally just give you everything you need to have at level 45 that you would have gained from being HM 15, minus hongmoon skills. All it does is close the gap between a HM 2 and a HM 15 player.

Skill points are replaced with stat points.

Screen_Shot_2017-03-21_at_9.25.09_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-03-21_at_9.24.54_AM.png

TL;DR: You literally just get +100 AP from just being HM 4.

1 hour ago, csisy said:

According to https://bnstree.com/skill/BM (KR version) the Dragontongue is nerfed AF. From 7,5x + 4x to 5,5x + 3,2x. I don't know if the animation will be shorter but this change is pretty bad for players with 50+ ms latency. :(

They made it faster... but according to KR players its not that great of a change.

Archived