winter trove

JonJonPoPong

On the spring trove I spent $50 bucks, come the summer trove I came home and put my credit card on my desk and was ready to spend $100 bucks, until I saw that gems cost ONE HUNDRED gold to buy... WTF? 

The only reason I can see you having done that was if it caused people to then buy more NCoin so they could buy gold off the currency exchange to buy the gems they had pop up because ONE HUNDRED gold for a gem when in the spring trove they only cost 10????? It's unacceptable.

I thought, well maybe they made it so that gems appear constantly so that's the trade off? I had over 3000 gold on me at the time as I hadn't gone legendary wep and was planing to go straight to stage 6.

I watched a video of a guy opening 100 troves and saw that he got garbage...

So maybe you found you made more money with people having to buy gold if they were lucky enough to even have a gem appear.. I don't know. What I do know is that I didn't spend that $100 I had planned to and I just sold some gold, bought 60 keys/unlocked the extra slots and ate my RNGisapointment (didn't see a single gem).

Lets say my RNG luck was awesome and I said to myself "JJPP lets spend that $100 on trove keys" do I then believe if I'm lucky enough to see 10 gems that I would be willing to fork over 1,000 gold on top of my $100 USD to get them? $#@& NO!!!!

The trove is like a slot machine, I AM PAYING to pull the handle on a slot machine (buying a key) I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ALSO PAY AN ARM AND A LEG TO TAKE OUT MY PRIZE!!!

Regardless of how much that prize is worth, saying oh its a gem worth 500 gold and now all you have to pay is 100 gold is WRONG. I PAID FOR THE KEY!!!

29 minutes ago, JonJonPoPong said:

On the spring trove I spent $50 bucks, come the summer trove I came home and put my credit card on my desk and was ready to spend $100 bucks, until I saw that gems cost ONE HUNDRED gold to buy... WTF? 

The only reason I can see you having done that was if it caused people to then buy more NCoin so they could buy gold off the currency exchange to buy the gems they had pop up because ONE HUNDRED gold for a gem when in the spring trove they only cost 10????? It's unacceptable.

I thought, well maybe they made it so that gems appear constantly so that's the trade off? I had over 3000 gold on me at the time as I hadn't gone legendary wep and was planing to go straight to stage 6.

I watched a video of a guy opening 100 troves and saw that he got garbage...

So maybe you found you made more money with people having to buy gold if they were lucky enough to even have a gem appear.. I don't know. What I do know is that I didn't spend that $100 I had planned to and I just sold some gold, bought 60 keys/unlocked the extra slots and ate my RNGisapointment (didn't see a single gem).

Lets say my RNG luck was awesome and I said to myself "JJPP lets spend that $100 on trove keys" do I then believe if I'm lucky enough to see 10 gems that I would be willing to fork over 1,000 gold on top of my $100 USD to get them? $#@& NO!!!!

I paid for the key, I shouldn't have to pay 100 gold on top to get the gems when they are so damn rare.

Its JonJon o.o

Oh stop crying already. they were 100g last trove aswel. thats a fair price considering they are rare and they should stay that way.

Not to mention those gems wont make you die less in SSP nore will they make the terrors protect you more. 

If you are willing to spend a lot of $$ on the keys you can spend some more $$ to get 100g, if you dont want to then no gems for you i guess. you have 1 week to farm gold and save up for the gems (40g / day minimum = 2,5days per gem.)

Besides....shouldnt you be taking the Mysterious Crystals from trove anyway? or will you make another post like the one last week saying you cant get mysterious crystals cause they are rare? o.o

They were 10gold in the first trove because gold wasn't as inflated as it is now.

100 gold is a decent price because you can easily make 100 gold nowadays compared to when Spring Trove was released. Back then, to regular/average players, 10 gold was pretty hard to get due to having to upgrade and not having many quests to generate large sums of gold at the time.

I'd rather pay 100 gold for an AP gem rather than 500 gold or higher at market price.

If you're going to complain about having to spend 3 days worth of gold for an AP gem that's hard to get unless they are in a current event then don't bother doing Trove.

Or if you're going to whale for Trove, prepare to whale Currency Exchange for more gold if you're that lazy to start saving now or do the dungeons and earn the gold needed.

The spring trove had them at 10g but how many gems we actually got back then and of what type? Do you remember? Let me enlighten you, we had PENTAGONAL gems back then with 2/4ap (peridot, amethyst and ruby) the same gems you could get from the misty woods poison dragon. 

Now tell me how many gems do we have right now and of what type and are they upgradable or not? Let me tell you. We have HEXAGONAL gems with 3/6ap (peridot, amethyst, ruby, citrin, sapphire, aquamarine) which are upgradable to HEPTAGONAL with 13/18ap. Now tell me is this price of 100g worth?

The trove is not all about those gems. Its about being lucky to get a HM skill or premium stones which are the real price right there. Gems are a side dish. If you dont have the mats to upgrade them, you dont need them. DEAL WITH IT!

I feel bad for those fresh players who can barely get 100 g and also need to upgrade their stuff to be able to really get more gold. 100 g sounds a bit too much and it seems like it's only for those high end players with tons of gold to spare. New players cannot afford 100 g.

fresh players doesnt need the urge to get something that costs 100g. otherwise those fresh players rushed the content or already used money to progress and now they feel they are stucked in the progression.

it is a gamble, u spend RL money knowing thaqt u can get nothing. if u get, the price is LOWER than a normal bid/purchase/upgrade.

i expect legendary jewels in trove and i expect to pay them 100g. if u dont have such money it is time to spare some just in case,.

3 hours ago, Shukran said:

fresh players doesnt need the urge to get something that costs 100g. otherwise those fresh players rushed the content or already used money to progress and now they feel they are stucked in the progression.

it is a gamble, u spend RL money knowing thaqt u can get nothing. if u get, the price is LOWER than a normal bid/purchase/upgrade.

i expect legendary jewels in trove and i expect to pay them 100g. if u dont have such money it is time to spare some just in case,.

Just pointing out that then maybe add HM limit to the event as well as hey fresh players don't need the gems anyway and if they get them from trove they won't be able to buy them. Why should low levels anyway be able to get anything from the trove right when there is a chance to get rare items that are not affordable at their stage. But the answer to this would be no from everyone right? Everyone has the right to join the even and making excuse of "they are low levels, they don't need them" is just poor thinking. Everyone playing the game should have pretty equal chances to get items from the trove.

4 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Just pointing out that then maybe add HM limit to the event as well as hey fresh players don't need the gems anyway and if they get them from trove they won't be able to buy them. Why should low levels anyway be able to get anything from the trove right when there is a chance to get rare items that are not affordable at their stage. But the answer to this would be no from everyone right? Everyone has the right to join the even and making excuse of "they are low levels, they don't need them" is just poor thinking. Everyone playing the game should have pretty equal chances to get items from the trove.

there is a difference between a GOLD wall and a LEVEL wall.

assume ap gems in trove. they are strong. they are strong for anyone. they are strong for a lvl 10 50ap player, they are strong for a 700ap baleful player who needs it to reach other 700+ ap players.

they put it 100g cost, if the level 10 wants it at that stage, like...2h gameplay, cool! ask a friend or use his main to pay such price and have it at level 10.

meanwhile a 700ap player that have played months already but was unlucky to get it, get smarter, save the money from dailies and purchase the ap gem if it happens to roll.

giving everything at will to everyone just break the interest and will to play more.

EDIT: u cannot comapre gold prices in different trovbes because we had different gold/day earning.

when 10g was expensive we got few gold/day. nowadays 100g is farmable in 1-2days depending of dailies completition and loots

12 hours ago, NightFer said:

The spring trove had them at 10g but how many gems we actually got back then and of what type? Do you remember? Let me enlighten you, we had PENTAGONAL gems back then with 2/4ap (peridot, amethyst and ruby) the same gems you could get from the misty woods poison dragon. 

Now tell me how many gems do we have right now and of what type and are they upgradable or not? Let me tell you. We have HEXAGONAL gems with 3/6ap (peridot, amethyst, ruby, citrin, sapphire, aquamarine) which are upgradable to HEPTAGONAL with 13/18ap. Now tell me is this price of 100g worth?

No, the first trove had the same type of gems hexagonal hongmoon, as already pointed out only reason it costs 100g now is inflation.

7 minutes ago, Raizou said:

Yeah i thought they will bring back merchant of wonders...

Exactly, that what I was thinking myself though it would fit well for Christmas time, was also thinking about the other event with the pouches where you got key "dallies, dynamic quest" to open them, than again they already putting something for dallies challenge I believe.

On 11/11/2016 at 5:52 PM, Zuzu said:

They were 10gold in the first trove because gold wasn't as inflated as it is now.

100 gold is a decent price because you can easily make 100 gold nowadays compared to when Spring Trove was released. Back then, to regular/average players, 10 gold was pretty hard to get due to having to upgrade and not having many quests to generate large sums of gold at the time.

I'd rather pay 100 gold for an AP gem rather than 500 gold or higher at market price.

If you're going to complain about having to spend 3 days worth of gold for an AP gem that's hard to get unless they are in a current event then don't bother doing Trove.

Or if you're going to whale for Trove, prepare to whale Currency Exchange for more gold if you're that lazy to start saving now or do the dungeons and earn the gold needed.

Wat. You could make 10G MUCH faster last spring than you can make 100G today. Do your silverfrost dungeon dailies and sell your stingers (2-3G ea at the time, IIRC). Easy 10G right there, you don't even need to have the gold reward boost from premium.  All in a day, less than that actually.

To make 100G today in one day requires you to max your 40 dailies, get lucky on rare loot (i.e. offals, HM books), AND have many active crafting alts - or spend all day in PvP/SSP.

While items like stingers got devalued hard, inflation didn't actually decrease the purchasing power of gold by 90%. Sure, gold got devalued, but that does not justify a 900% price hike.

20 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Wat. You could make 10G MUCH faster last spring than you can make 100G today. Do your silverfrost dungeon dailies and sell your stingers (2-3G ea at the time, IIRC). Easy 10G right there, you don't even need to have the gold reward boost from premium.  All in a day, less than that actually.

I'm speaking of the average player, not people who already had money/AP needed to run the 3 Silverfrost dungeons when they were first released.

I will admit, it was far easier getting 10G since yes, you could sell off stingers that you've gotten from daily quests since they were a lot back then but to the average player they would either have to choose selling the stingers or saving them to upgrade. And seeing how expensive they were, I'm assuming most would opt out to just saving them since you needed an abysmal amount.

I'm not sure on the gold rewards for non-prem players but I'm guessing it's around 6G for doing Lair, Yeti and Necro. Average players back then had about 400 AP(?), maybe borderline 450 and to my memory people were already asking for 500 AP in F8 and generally not doing LFP runs with randoms. If they didn't have any friends/clan to play with or relied on LFP in F8, it would be only a stroke of luck for them to even complete the daily for the gold, let alone get stingers to sell or save.

So in the end, it was still hard for average players to get 10G and save it for in hopes of getting an AP gem from Trove since they had to choose the "lesser evil" in a sense.

30 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

To make 100G today in one day requires you to max your 40 dailies, get lucky on rare loot (i.e. offals, HM books), AND have many active crafting alts - or spend all day in PvP/SSP.

Granted, it does take 40/40 plus luck to get 100G in a day but we have had two Trove events now and have already gained experience that AP gems are going to be up there in price. So now we can actually plan and start saving if we truly desire to get an AP gem if we so happened to roll on it hence why I said it's only 3 days worth of dailies(this is not even completing 40/40 each day).

So instead of the OP or anyone else wanting cheaper AP gems, they should take the time to actually start saving since it's not coming out the next day(I swear if anyone quotes me on this the day before and say this statement isn't true '-'). Especially since the OP is planning to cash, he/she could even sell off some NCoins to easily make 100G to be secured for at least 1 gem if he/she so happens to get one.

I apologize for the long winded responses. Hard for me to summarize it in less words.

The spring trove came out people could easily gain 10 gold as it has been pointed out as we had access to the silver frost content.

100 gold for a gem is too much and I will not be spending any real money on the trove if that's the gem price.

The trove is like a slot machine, I AM PAYING to pull the handle on a slot machine (buying a key) I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ALSO PAY AN ARM AND A LEG TO TAKE OUT MY PRIZE!!!

Regardless of how much that prize is worth, saying oh its a gem worth 500 gold and now all you have to pay is 100 gold is WRONG. I PAID FOR THE KEY!!!

Archived