Public Service Announcement: Reroll from Destroyer while you still can.

GenericNick

5 hours ago, equinukes said:

Tell me 1 boss  where you can double grab with lol BD ,  oh wait you will mention somthing like frozen fang or lol cold storage .

How about all 3 bosses in Ebondrake can be grabbed by BD more often than by des, last boss in Desolated Tomb has 2 openings in the first 10% of the fight for a BD but only 1 for a des. Is that cold storagy enough ?

Also, there's the thing when BD can actually reliably grab on very short openings, at which des needs help.

Also, there's the thing when BDs grab is INFINITELY more intimidating in owpvp.

How can anyone still see Des as the king of grabs is beyond me.

The only realistic scenario when you want a Destroyer to grab over a BD is when they're in the same party and you don't want to waste a Blade dancers superior damage.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BD can deal damage with grabbing. Not ground-breaking, but reasonable enough to keep their DPS uptime

Des literally deal no damage at all. They lose 6-8s of their life doing weight-lifting.

I think it can be changed.

Like when party member hits into the grabbed target, there will be a stacking up debuff. And when the Destroyer slams the target down, the more stack the target has, the stronger the damage it he scores with his slam, enough to compensate his loss of DPS.

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

I

Since that grab patch, Both Destroyer and BD able to grab every 30 second with resistant skill + able to gave crit chance equal of 50% while BD one is better because bd able to dps during grab, almost every skill is not slow and he able to make hurl even easily than destroyer without put skill point in it

Beside their badge that gave them reset 

Yeah. It's kinda sad to me that my grab has 30 seconds cooldown and NO way to reset it. 

15 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

high aoe dps

Hav u ever tried to typhoon something by urself Asura level and up? it's unbearably slow. The point i was making is classes like Sum/Kfm/BM don't hav to swap skills every 5s to deal with mobs. Frankly i just find it annoying. i can't vouche for other classes Aoe potency, but i still assume it's better than earth des

15 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

Did you actually read what I said? I said "nearly impossible"

Yes i read everything and u apparently missed the point. That was PRE-nerf with a class that has a very difficult time stacking bleed so especially with his nerf it is not anywhere near impossible yet destroyer barely does it after the nerf with more AP and yes ik bleed helps immensly in yeti, but honestly he has insane regen compared to other bosses and most ppl know this. Find me a destroyer that can solo yeti with 600 AP i will sincerely shake that dude's hand. I've done yeti since i had 500 AP and hav over 1000 runs of it i wud legitimately shake their hand and giv them 500g

7 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

BD can deal damage with grabbing. Not ground-breaking, but reasonable enough to keep their DPS uptime

Des literally deal no damage at all. They lose 6-8s of their life doing weight-lifting.

I think it can be changed.

Like when party member hits into the grabbed target, there will be a stacking up debuff. And when the Destroyer slams the target down, the more stack the target has, the stronger the damage it he scores with his slam, enough to compensate his loss of DPS.

The general idea is that we get to wrath cancel after Z slamming the grabbed mob. Regardless, they aren't likely to change our skills since Des is fine in KR even with no damage during grab. We basically get more and more wrath uptime along with a lot more focus regen so we can hold RMB more often in between wrath cancel periods. Up to you whether you enjoy the gameplay enough to wait the 6 months or more till we hit that point. 

8 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Yeah. It's kinda sad to me that my grab has 30 seconds cooldown and NO way to reset it. 

And then you will find more blind people saying Bd got no crit chance over their grab, people are blind for real or just want to lie 

3 hours ago, Stensatsu said:

We basically get more and more wrath uptime along with a lot more focus regen so we can hold RMB more often in between wrath cancel periods. Up to you whether you enjoy the gameplay enough to wait the 6 months or more till we hit that point. 

To my understanding (don't know this first hand) a big part of that wrath uptime and holding RMB in asian servers is the soul badge that enables wrath after form 2 Smash. The one that they currently have not working properly, the one that you can't really be 100% sure will ever get fixed if NCS forgot to fix it alongside the soulfighter breeze kick badge.

Either way the catching up process will be extremely slow if any at all. Since the combination of Gear and Skill stats in EU/NA is unprecedented in asia, even after Midnight plains des will be far behind. Yes, they will get new stuff but other classes aren't getting a bag of potatoes either. Des players will still advance their characters slower than other classes and contribute less to their parties until, like you said, Black Tower content whenever it might be.

I will say it again destro is fine we love him in pve.

WE dont care whats his dps is

I dont care n if we dont care why should u.

I dont care for my dps only to have a smooth clear.

so plz dont cry dont bad mouth destro respect ur class as we respect ur class.

U dont need buff just bd needs nerf.

Fyi i respect destro more than bd even tho u spin u use more ur brain than bd.

Bd class is a joke.

So be proud for ur destro cause in my eyes u contribute more than summoner.

Why?

Scummoner heals but i never need heal if i need i drink tonic.

Whithout mentioning more i need destro more than sum.

HERE is my dream team for every dung.

Bm kfm sin wl destro fm

If no kfm then sf.

40 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Fyi i respect destro more than bd even tho u spin u use more ur brain than bd.

Bd class is a joke.

Y u bashing on bd man? alot of my best friends r bd's and even they agree destroyer needs some love just like they got and further i admit mechanically they r also more complicated than destroyer. I just eat 90% of attacks with one button. they hav to constantly keep moving and juggle like 5 iframes and 2 stances

28 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Destro solo case he is doing just fine

If enrage timers didn't exist honestly i wouldn't care, but sadly they do so yes it does annoy me wen i need higher gear requirements to clear content like mushin's tower because the timer just says "oh u took too long" *dead*

23 minutes ago, vOrpheus said:

Y u bashing on bd man? alot of my best friends r bd's and even they agree destroyer needs some love just like they got and further i admit mechanically they r also more complicated than destroyer. I just eat 90% of attacks with one button. they hav to constantly keep moving and juggle like 5 iframes and 2 stances

If enrage timers didn't exist honestly i wouldn't care, but sadly they do so yes it does annoy me wen i need higher gear requirements to clear content like mushin's tower because the timer just says "oh u took too long" *dead*

1) u say bds saying destro need buff n i say bds need nerf.

I dont get why in the first place bds have a grab while they have this insane easy op kit that doesnt require any skill at all.

Thing is that destro should be higher than bd dps wise cause they need much more skill to pkay destro than bd and its not a matter that destro need buff rather that bd needs nerf.

2)bd is a joke class dont tell me they are complex lmao.

Ps 

I cleared naksun with my sin first time with 8k damage never hit enrage

And i didnt knew mech

Plz now dont say u hit enrage with destro

36 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Plz now dont say u hit enrage with destro

Once ur at 600+ u won't hit enrage timers on most things meant to b solo'd if u hav gud ping and knowledge of the mechanics, but yes i hit enrage timers alot on the road to get there and was very frustrated. Right now the only time test im worried about is the 1m mushin kill, but i already watched a pro des do it and they needed 704 AP, iframe pots, and they actually went 2s over

1 hour ago, TJXX said:

I don't remember ever failing anything due to enrage timers leveling and gearing up.  Was able to do Naksun with 400 ap, was able to do floors 8.1-8.3 with it too.

Did i say u? pretty sure i was referring to my personal experience. I'm not implying u can't. Is it easier or completely different with some classes over others? yes. A BM that does naksun with 400 AP is not gonna hav the same experience as a destroyer with 400 and on that. Naksun has a very generous enrage timer. I lost to naksun mainly due to my acc and yes i hit the enrage timer on mushin and junghado often, but i was a pretty shitty destroyer bac wen moonwater was the highest gear grade quite frankily

Classes should only be judged on max capability IMO, if someone can't do something at the same stats/gear as another person it doesn't mean the class is/was bad, it just means the player should improve.

I know I'm in the minority when I say things like this, but IMO if 1 person can do something everyone should be able to do it with the same gear.

1 hour ago, TJXX said:

Classes should only be judged on max capability IMO, if someone can't do something at the same stats/gear as another person it doesn't mean the class is/was bad, it just means the player should improve.

I know I'm in the minority when I say things like this, but IMO if 1 person can do something everyone should be able to do it with the same gear.

So because we cud barely solo yeti with more AP than a FM that did it wen he had 1.5m more HP we're just bad and need to git gud? In any case i think this thread has been exhausted and anything that needed to b said is already done

1 hour ago, vOrpheus said:

So because we cud barely solo yeti with more AP than a FM that did it wen he had 1.5m more HP we're just bad and need to git gud? In any case i think this thread has been exhausted and anything that needed to b said is already done

Different class, my comparison was for same class different player.

8 minutes ago, TJXX said:

Different class, my comparison was for same class different player.

Oh well my mistake. i thought u meant every class shud b able to clear the same content with equal gear/stats and well they shud in an rpg cuz that's balance, but welp enrage timers kinda put a wrench in all that

18 minutes ago, vOrpheus said:

Oh well my mistake. i thought u meant every class shud b able to clear the same content with equal gear/stats and well they shud in an rpg cuz that's balance, but welp enrage timers kinda put a wrench in all that

The solo content yeah, and as for my experience they can.  But when you get into soloing party things I don't think I've ever played a game where classes are equal in that.  Sundered Nexus is a good example, every class can reach the dps to solo it, but even with that dps some won't be able to simply because they can't spec for joint cc of every type.

I like the idea of buffing slam after we get something stacking during grab, but this wont work vs big bosses in solo content and may be too strong in parties and raids, but who knows.

What about reducing focus cost of rmb by 50% and removing anicancel(make so that lmb judgement wont start its animation asap after rmb, cooldown on lmb after rmb?) along with adding passive buff (burning soul-like) that adds 20-40% dmg in pve when not in party? This passive might return some focus for successful hit in pve instead of reducing basic cost if its too op in pvp. Make it even cost 1 skill point if it becomes so good. I would also love no focus cost for z and 4, but idk what the consequences might be in pvp.

This will most likely result in a little slower 100-0 in pvp, more sustained long term dmg, easier fight against enrage timers, possible to get more credit in ssp and other owpve things.

Other than that I agree, reroll to something else. I also dont see why people might require exact amount of ap in parties, my 80 ap more translated into about 1.2k dps more, sure its 1/7th more but its miniscule in parties and barely noticeable. Dps is not a destro domain and in fact all people should expect from him is to survive and cc but not dps. Gearing destroyers seems a bit pointless after 600ap, unless you are commited and particularly love this class.

Archived