Public Service Announcement: Reroll from Destroyer while you still can.

GenericNick

5 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

I'm gonna have to deny this.

Destroyer is very useful in every aspect.

Not only they're good for restrain dummy

which improve 50% more dps for the whole party

Destroyer also have default bleed

they stack bleed like no other class can

Hence why a destroyer can solo Yeti at 600AP

while other class need 650+

Lowest Naksun run... I don't think so.

Destroyer is by far the best tanker in naksun if you actually know what you're doing

Destroyer also have extremely easiest time tanking both wives at the same time in Desolated Tomb

By Far Destroyer make the best asset in a group pvp

They're extremely tanky and survival ability is absolutely insane if you build the stat right

In open world pvp if you have a Destroyer in your group

You'll automatically win even when opposite team is twice or thrice your team size.

Destroyer in pve is still top notch useful in pve regardless

They deliver high dmg while able to throw good amount of cc for the team

While most other class have to sacrifice their cc for dps.

Destroyer aoe in pve also top notch

Every other class out there can put a good aoe

but destroyer can aoe with constant high dps for the longest time.

Hence why it's op in pvp.

I played Dest for a long time, I gave it up because it has no q and e

when restrain skill came out, I instantly regret giving up my dest

not even gonna lie.

Dest is best class out there.

Not only they're good for restrain dummy

which improve 50% more dps for the whole party - Bd's have this abillity too, but dish out more damage.

Destroyer also have default bleed - A different class that does 10k-15k dps is more usefull.

Hence why a destroyer can solo Yeti at 600AP - If a destroyer can solo yeti at 600 ap, then a different class can do it too but faster, because they simply have more dps. Every class can tank when played with the right hands.

Lowest Naksun run... I don't think so.

Destroyer is by far the best tanker in naksun if you actually know what you're doing - Assuming equal skill.. every other class can clear naksun faster, because of higher dps. Low dps causes slow runs and high dps causes fast runs, it's simple logic.

Destroyer also have extremely easiest time tanking both wives at the same time in Desolated Tomb - Summoners too but they do more dps.

They're extremely tanky and survival ability is absolutely insane if you build the stat right - True, but you don't really need to be tanky to clear a dungeon. (Not even for ebondrake or tomb.) It's just a luxury to ignore mechanics. Destroyers are not tanks, so you are only helping yourself by being tanky.

Destroyers are indeed very strong in pvp, you are right about that one. In pve on the other hand.. destroyers can easily be replaced by a different class. (Unless the team sucks ball so you can play medic.)

I am a destroyer main myself and have done over a hundred dungeons and I can tell you this: Destroyers are not needed when you have a good party. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GenericNick said:

OK I'm going to have to clear some things up:

1. If this game was all about group content and fair loot share your post would stand to reason. But it's not. Personal dps is not some epeen measure contest but holds real value in terms of progress. At this very moment, group dungeons provide a sliver of required upgrade materials and coin. Real material / gold farming solely depends on your personal efficiency.

So Destroyers, even at equal gear, are worse off than other classes. But also they farm less efficient so they upgrade slower. They fall even more behind, and the gap widens. If in your infinite wisdom you can tell me where am I wrong here I'll be the first to acknowledge my mistake.

2. Sins got their justice with bluebuff. But wait, did they really ? Let's see. On game launch they excelled at Misty woods owpvp and they excelled at farming. Is there a single aspect of the game destroyers Excel at ?

3. Yes, I noticed the shift in class demand towards WL. Now if you try to read my initial post again, you'll see that I specifically mentioned it as one of the reasons for des current (and future) situation.

4. The situation won't change significantly within the next 3 months. It will take way more time to catch up to asian servers. And this is the very root of the problem. We get skills balanced around game content way ahead of us, which leads to abominations such as current BM status.

What's even worse, this politic will not change. There will be no intermediate balance fix. I am well aware of that. All I wanted to say with that post is to warn new and new-ish destroyer players how dire the situation is.

Regards

Please stop, your insecurity is overflowing.

1. What do you mean by "efficiency" in farming? I do not understand. To get all my gold and materials, I do all purple silverfrost dungeons once a day and craft. So you mean that when entering the F8, I do have more favourable factors in a run because I am a sin? The factors affecting a run vary but lets say there is the ping, noobish party, rng, lag, deconnections, no afkers, experienced members and so on. Do you mean because I am a sin I have less chances to have ping spikes, less lags, and more experienced party members or do sins have more rng? All classes are affected by these factors in the same way or is there a class that has more luck than the other? I do not know if there is a class that is more efficient at doing party content. For solo content, I do mushin floor 13 to 15. I generally farm mushin until I get enough moonstone. Let say 7 runs. Now let assume I do each run in 7 mins and lets assume again that a des equally geared and experienced do that in 7.5 no 8mins. I farm it in 49 mins and a des in 56mins. Is that 7mins difference really that troublesome? Each player has it own preception of what he /she considers as "efficient farming" and

this very form player to player and experience.

2. Yes, sin excel at owpvp, but are des that bad at the dicipline? do they do less that other classes? what about bd? or even kfm? Yes, kfm got blue buff but you got the restraint, sin got the blue buff but you got the restraint. Talking about owpvp, des are surely not the last! Once again, this vary from player to player, experience and skills level.

3. I brough forward the awaken skills to demonstrate that things can easily change with just a single patch, not to frustrate you more. Things will change with further skill balance and the dps of des with that. This is a certainty.

4.Ok, Let not consider the 3 months. We are getting the legendary soulshield in a few days and these are SKILLS MODIFIERS. What tells you that the damage of des will not increase with those. Furthermore, more leg accessories will be introduced in the near content with some being  SKILLS MODIFIERS too. Even badges from ToI are SKILL MODIFIERS and I can tell you that there is third type(blue) for those too. We are slow but surely catching up with the asian servers, I mean that was the reason they push content onto us, didn't they? Even before catching up with the asian server, we will have another raid if I am not mistaken. The thousand poison dragon will also give leg soulshield with SKILLS MODIFIERS.

I honnestly do not understand this. Let say des are the lowest dps in game right now, but is it last to the last but one by far? to the last-2 by far?

Des is the most all rounded class in this game and this is an evidence to me but if you are so insecure about your damage, the door is open and you are free to go!

Regards.

Suddenly many of Valiant friends whining about destroyer. I cant stop laughing why only destroyer and summoner player that always make this kinda topic when their class is basically OP in pvp, so some extra hardwork at pve wouldnt be bad right?

if your class are OP on both pvp and pve, why we need to create another class??? I can bet here, i rather meet BD than Destroyer at the beluga or WWV, destroyer are so OP at that place, with that reflect stun, red spin, anicancel that can kill anyone in 5 sec, FM cant impact your grab to stun because of resist and u guys need more than that?

2 hours ago, Parenthesis said:

I'll ask him to stream it

Let's put 500g on the stake, shall we?

Are you down?

What a coincidence. I was allready looking for a vid/stream to improve my destroyer's dps. Seeing a destroyer with 600 ap soloing yeti would certaintly help. If your friend can make a vid with the solo, I would certaintly apreciate it. (Not being sarcastic btw.)

2 hours ago, Natello said:

What a coincidence. I was allready looking for a vid/stream to improve my destroyer's dps. Seeing a destroyer with 600 ap soloing yeti would certaintly help. If your friend can make a vid with the solo, I would certaintly apreciate it. (Not being sarcastic btw.)

I'd be pretty impressed, I think if I did everything perfectly, got resets mid ice phase to iframe all 8 and the yeti always jumped instead of walking backwards I'd probably only finish with 15-30 seconds left at almost 700 ap.  I redid a run just today since I've been out of town for a few weeks and heard the game was a little more responsive with the latest patch and only finished with around 10 seconds left. 

17 hours ago, GenericNick said:

Unless your focus in the game is equalized arena ( 1v1 3v3 ), you're playing the absolutely worst class in the game. No competition. In almost every single aspect.

Hands down the worst DPS ingame, and, this has to be said, even on fights that don't allow for a grab. Yes, even when you're going all out with your anicancels and don't support your party in any other way, you'll still be outvalued by significantly lesser geared people. What does that mean for you ?

1. By far the lowest PP contribution in SSP.

2. By far the slowest Naksun runs.

Yes, given equal amount of time invested in the game, excluding one in a million drops like 10k from windrest, you WILL be the poorest.

Your CCs are overrated. Excluding your joint knockback (huh) you don't have a single double-in-one.

You are expendible in groups. Soon enough people will figure out that with the new and improved soulburn and bluebuff, it's simply not worth it to carry a dead weight for 1 or 2 fights that actually allow a grab happening, if you can get a legitimate fulltime DPS instead.

And, last but not least, the 6v6s. Improved rewards, actually worth your time AND fun to play ( I admit that ).

Except there, you're just a worse Bladedancer. Double grab + additional grab escape + extended iframes. All there is to it.

The situation is not going to change any time soon. Unless you are OK with waiting half a year - a year to become mediocre ( not Good, Mediocre ) or invested time/effort into your character beyond going back, REROLL NOW.

Source - max geared Des that knows what he's doing running stuff with other max geared people who know what they're doing ( and even if they don't, they still contribute more than me, lol ), in the process of rerolling.

I personally love to see either a Destroyer or BD in a group because of restrain! It makes getting through the dungeon so much faster.

In 4m when we have a destroyer they typically get frustrated when they see they didn't make it on the dps meter, and I can understand how they feel worthless.  I think the dps meter, and the added buffs to the other classes have contributed to this. Still that grab is priceless...

6vs6 is a different story though, I've seen a good Destroyer take out an entire team a few times. =P

But...your issue is trying to do the solo stuff, which I can understand is a pain in the cricket. It would be nice if we had more powerful PVE skills that couldn't be used in PVP.

This guy gets it. Yes we hav grab and that's gr8. Yes we're amazing and annoying in pvp. The issue is and always has been since launch the PVE dps. That 17k dps i cited earlier was if ur being completely selfish and not grabbing at all and that's still leagues behind wut other classes can output. I hav 8-12k dps against mushin/ironheart/naksun. U know a BD can clear f8.3 in 40s with 700 AP w/o even cheesing him with iframe pots? it takes destroyers 700 AP, playing perfectly, AND u hav to use the pots or u won't b able to clear it. How can i feel like my gear matters wen my personal dmg is so far behind and yet im still kept out of dungeons with absurd AP requirements even tho im gud at the game. That's where the frustration is with me anyway is the solo disparity between destroyer and other classes in PVE

46 minutes ago, Suna said:

it is not hard find yeti solo videos if you write "destroyer solo yeti" you find out multiple solo vids from it. Like this dude do it with 669 ap, isnt it already pretty good? 

That is pretty good, I'm jealous of how well his game responds compared to mine.  I've been soloing yeti since around 650 ap myself, but I'd still be impressed if a destroyer did it at 600.

Behind of every player that keeps making posts like "my class is the weakest boo hoo" stands butthurt little kid that is simply butthurt because he didn't see his name on DPS meter...They can complete the most difficult dungeons with 4 man but still get their ego crushed because someone got higher nubers on the DPS meter. That's why I was against of this DPS meter idea. 

HM11, 720+ AP Destroyer here. I've been maining this class since launch and I pretty much agree with the OP.

Unless you're a masochist, do not even consider this class if you're focusing on doing a lot of PvE content.

The DPS issue is one thing but when it gets to the point where you're expandable in every single field, it's pretty depressing.

I'm way too far into the game to consider re-rolling but man would I switch class in a heartbeat if there was some sort of class change ticket in the HM store.

32 minutes ago, Valiant said:

We are the bottom of DPs, bottom of support role, Bottom of heal, Bottom of everything ?

Ok, what about buff destroyer for pve but nerf for pvp? Bcuz they are so op in pvp i agree they suck in pve (talking about dps) but not bad at all.

59 minutes ago, Valiant said:

We are the bottom of DPs, bottom of support role, Bottom of heal, Bottom of everything ?

Grab adds more dps on most fights than any other buff.  We can spec to tank for support, are unkillable in pve with our tab spin, and we can heal from 0-100% in a few seconds....

27 minutes ago, TJXX said:

Grab adds more dps on most fights than any other buff.  We can spec to tank for support, are unkillable in pve with our tab spin, and we can heal from 0-100% in a few seconds....

Everything you pointed out, another class does it better than us.

We used to be the grab kings, now BDs are just straight up better than us  at that. They can DPS while holding heavy mobs, they can grab twice in a row with their badge and their grab positioning (which used to be bad) doesn't really matter anymore with restraint in the picture. We're tanky, but we can't really tank because we can't properly hold aggro. No one expects a Destroyer to tank a boss. Hell, the summoner's cat does a better job at that than us.

Destroyer players wouldn't complain about their DPS if they excelled in another field. Now, we're just bad in every single freakin' field.

1 hour ago, xNina said:

Ok, what about buff destroyer for pve but nerf for pvp? Bcuz they are so op in pvp i agree they suck in pve (talking about dps) but not bad at all.

Op in pvp ?Are you for real ?

Destroyer is medium averaged class in pvp, There no destroyer on top 10 no more in EU server

And Destroyer is op in pvp ? If that the case you should see how BM, FM, BD and warlock rip down destroyer apart due to many cc, immune and high dps

28 minutes ago, Dexsnder said:

Everything you pointed out, another class does it better than us.

We used to be the grab kings, now BDs are just straight up better than us  at that. They can DPS while holding heavy mobs, they can grab twice in a row with their badge and their grab positioning (which used to be bad) doesn't really matter anymore with restraint in the picture. We're tanky, but we can't really tank because we can't properly hold aggro. No one expects a Destroyer to tank a boss. Hell, the summoner's cat does a better job at that than us.

Destroyer players wouldn't complain about their DPS if they excelled in another field. Now, we're just bad in every single freakin' field.

We still are the grab king, BD grab doesn't guarantee 100% crit rate, and on bosses that can't be grabbed back to back our 8 second grab is much better.  With this update our kick taunt gives us the ability to hold agro 100%, it's much better than it used to be.  The damage a BD does during grab is low, yes they can do a very small amount, but it's really not a big deal.

People will always complain about dps, it doesn't matter if they excel anywhere else.

Glad the thread became readible again despite hate troll attempts.

23 minutes ago, TJXX said:

We still are the grab king, BD grab doesn't guarantee 100% crit rate, and on bosses that can't be grabbed back to back our 8 second grab is much better.  With this update our kick taunt gives us the ability to hold agro 100%, it's much better than it used to be.  The damage a BD does during grab is low, yes they can do a very small amount, but it's really not a big deal.

People will always complain about dps, it doesn't matter if they excel anywhere else.

See here's the deal. It's true that not many fights allow for back to back grabs, but BDs cheat the 30 second cooldown during which another window often appears, even if not right away. You can't possibly still claim destros are grab kings with that soul badge around.

And I repeat for the N-th time, its not about DPS in dungeons / group content e-peen meter. It's about being SIGNIFICANTLY less efficient at real farming: SSP / Naksun / any other future content with similar mechanics.

14 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

Glad the thread became readible again despite hate troll attempts.

See here's the deal. It's true that not many fights allow for back to back grabs, but BDs cheat the 30 second cooldown during which another window often appears, even if not right away. You can't possibly still claim destros are grab kings with that soul badge around.

And I repeat for the N-th time, its not about DPS in dungeons / group content e-peen meter. It's about being SIGNIFICANTLY less efficient at real farming: SSP / Naksun / any other future content with similar mechanics.

"Real" farming changes depending on the player, most people I know don't even do ssp anymore.  The definition of significant also varies greatly by player, I personally don't consider 30 seconds more on Naksun a big deal.  As it stands now you can 2 man any dungeon on any class combination, some will be easier or harder than others sure, but as of right now I'm not bothered by it.

Some stuff that I'm reading here is plain false, go level other classes and gear those to 500 AP or something like that and then compare. Destroyers sucks compare to any other class ATM, plain and simple.

Anyway, to destros: with future gear (but we are talking perhaps another year and a lot of time to gather that gear) are going to become DPS relevant and shadow build will be viable (muuuuuch more confortable, interesting and fun to use VS earth IMO).

Also Destroyers will be one of the best classes to deal with certain dungeons that require a lot of movility thanks to HM tab (however be ready to need like HM 12/13 for all the stuff you are going to need).

I have every class other than SF and BM over 550 ap, people just love to cry.

Here I'll issue a challenge, find me something all the other classes can do that a destroyer can't with equal gear. 

Yes, destroyers dps is lower than others when equally played, but it doesn't stop them from being able to do anything.

15 minutes ago, TJXX said:

I have every class other than SF and BM over 550 ap, peope just love to cry.

Sorry I can't belive you, if you don't notice how BAD destroyers are right now with that many classes your idea about class balance must be none.

Let's put facts here and compare classes to current Destroyer version we got

Shield that gave heal ha ? BD, Summoner,Warlock, BM, and SF got immune every 30 second + almost same amount of heal , FM got shield every 1 min for 10 second with nice healing, Assassin got web and *cricket*ing freeze bomb 

Blue and Red spin ? BM got permanent block that require no focus, KFm got counter or block, FM got counter, BD got better spin version, Warlock got block, Summoner got block + cat, Assassin got counter + immune on every skill they cast.

2 Iframe with 12 and 24 second CD ? Ofcourse every class got like 3 short Iframe, So it easy to say beside OP shit SF that make destroyer cry and rage cause of their endless Iframe.

People cry about fury that make 100-0 ? Like there no *cricket*ing other class that can't do that, Every damn class out there can 100-0 easily even the damn assassin with right combo can make nice 100-0

People cry about destroyer gave up on their only 100-0 for second escape ? For real, FM got 2 escape for 30 second, Assassin got 2 escape, BD and BM got escape from grab, Summoner got cats to protect their ass, Warlock can reset their damn skills and ofcourse SF doesn't need it cause it hard to catch them

2 hours ago, TJXX said:

You say people will always complain about DPS no matter what and yet not many Destroyer players complained about their DPS back in the day. We were still on the lower end of the DPS chart but at least we were useful for something. We're not spoiled summoners, the Destroyer's class description clearly stated that it was a support type and we're well aware that we're not suppose to ditch out tons of damage. The complaining comes from being a crappy supportive class as well as doing no damage. It's all those things combined that makes you ask yourself "why the hell am I playing this class?".

Archived