Public Service Announcement: Reroll from Destroyer while you still can.

GenericNick

Unless your focus in the game is equalized arena ( 1v1 3v3 ), you're playing the absolutely worst class in the game. No competition. In almost every single aspect.

Hands down the worst DPS ingame, and, this has to be said, even on fights that don't allow for a grab. Yes, even when you're going all out with your anicancels and don't support your party in any other way, you'll still be outvalued by significantly lesser geared people. What does that mean for you ?

1. By far the lowest PP contribution in SSP.

2. By far the slowest Naksun runs.

Yes, given equal amount of time invested in the game, excluding one in a million drops like 10k from windrest, you WILL be the poorest.

Your CCs are overrated. Excluding your joint knockback (huh) you don't have a single double-in-one.

You are expendible in groups. Soon enough people will figure out that with the new and improved soulburn and bluebuff, it's simply not worth it to carry a dead weight for 1 or 2 fights that actually allow a grab happening, if you can get a legitimate fulltime DPS instead.

And, last but not least, the 6v6s. Improved rewards, actually worth your time AND fun to play ( I admit that ).

Except there, you're just a worse Bladedancer. Double grab + additional grab escape + extended iframes. All there is to it.

The situation is not going to change any time soon. Unless you are OK with waiting half a year - a year to become mediocre ( not Good, Mediocre ) or invested time/effort into your character beyond going back, REROLL NOW.

Source - max geared Des that knows what he's doing running stuff with other max geared people who know what they're doing ( and even if they don't, they still contribute more than me, lol ), in the process of rerolling.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some of us its already too late,  but i wouldn't recommend this class to anyone.  The worst thing in any mmo is feel that all your time and energy has been completely wasted and thats how your gonna feel when you play this class for PVE.    PVE destroyer is by far the lowest damage output even on top tier destroyers and will be so until Black tower is released(2-3 months) and we have already been in the lowest tier for dps since 50.   Whoever designed the grab mechanic for PVE thinks its enjoyable for people to AFK for 6-8 seconds every 30 seconds.  

1 hour ago, GenericNick said:

2. By far the slowest Naksun runs.

This drives me completely mad. While I barely manage to beat 2 minute timer, all other guys in same gear are already killing Naksun under 1 minute. Feels like spit in the face.

Also all this pvp is not really that bright as it seems. Especially now, when every destroyers move can be countered in some way, while ppl run around with complete invuls and stuff. You can achieve something as pvp destroyer, but you have to be really good. Its not just spin-to-win as people usually think,

1 hour ago, KlausFlouride said:

Somebody has to be at the bottom on the DPS charts, no question about it.

No they don't. This is a computer program not real life. Developers are more than capable of getting two different entities to do the same thing.

2 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

Somebody has to be at the bottom on the DPS charts, no question about it.

Sure, 2 things though:

1. Lowest DPS should come with a bonus, something that's unique and makes the setback worth. Destro grab is useless for solo "monetary" farm content and BDs offer a better one for group content - whether it's dungeons or 6v6, while being superior in other fields as well.

2. Question of scale. This is not 28k dps vs 30k dps comparison. The difference is so significant it's just plain funny. Similarly geared people will score up to 80% more PP from berserker kills and do full door-to-door (including out-of-combat loading times and tower atrium staircase climb) Naksun run 50% faster than a destroyer.

Just being able to move and cleave at the same time would be a nice dps increase, I've never felt like my dps was that far behind other classes and unless someone plays extremely well they don't beat me.  The dps each class can put out in this game is insane for our current content, every single dungeon can be duo'd by any class as it is currently.  Yes, other classes can do more dps with equal gear assuming the person playing them is good, but I enjoy my destroyer far more than my other classes that put out more dps anyway.

As for your points 1/2, I often end up getting more PP than other people simply because monsters die so quickly the dps I put out during fury/emberstomp is much greater than other classes, and as far as Naksun goes, killing him at end game gear takes 1-2 minutes for most classes, destroyer included.  Ranged classes have a massive advantage on floor 14 of the tower.

I agree with this 100%. PvE destroyer is laughable and it's really irritating for players like myself who hav close to 700 AP so rerolling isn't something im willing to do at this point. Meanwhile summoners complain they can't kill Ironheart in 30s and Naksun in under a minute anymore wen destroyers take 2 minutes on each of them even if ur really gud at them. I'd b lucky to ever get over 17k sustained dps even with under 50 ping wen meanwhile my friends can pump out 24-27k and im not even that far behind them in gear :/

17 minutes ago, TJXX said:

As for your points 1/2, I often end up getting more PP than other people simply because monsters die so quickly the dps I put out during fury/emberstomp is much greater than other classes, and as far as Naksun goes, killing him at end game gear takes 1-2 minutes for most classes, destroyer included.

1. While Fury Emberstomp burst can  be sufficient for smalltime SSP mobs, the real deal (profit:time) is killing the berserker. And there, true sustain dps shines. I mean sustain dps of other classes ofc.

2. Wrong about naksun. Legitimate classes in endgame gear rarely kill him in more than 50 seconds. Whereas it took on average 1:30 for my Des. But naksun is not the rooster-blocker here, Ironheart is. Destros can't possibly cheat his mechanics or burn him before they trigger and have to go through the robots.

13 minutes ago, GenericNick said:

1. While Fury Emberstomp burst can  be sufficient for smalltime SSP mobs, the real deal (profit:time) is killing the berserker. And there, true sustain dps shines. I mean sustain dps of other classes ofc.

2. Wrong about naksun. Legitimate classes in endgame gear rarely kill him in more than 50 seconds. Whereas it took on average 1:20-1:30 for my Des. But naksun is not the rooster-blocker here, Ironheart is. Destros can't possibly cheat his mechanics or burn him before they trigger and have to go through the robots.

Even melee pulling over 30k dps do at least 1 robot phase on Ironheart, it's only range that can skip it reliably.  30 second difference on killing Naksun doesn't seem like all that big of a deal to me, but to each their own.

I'm gonna have to deny this.

Destroyer is very useful in every aspect.

Not only they're good for restrain dummy

which improve 50% more dps for the whole party

Destroyer also have default bleed

they stack bleed like no other class can

Hence why a destroyer can solo Yeti at 600AP

while other class need 650+

Lowest Naksun run... I don't think so.

Destroyer is by far the best tanker in naksun if you actually know what you're doing

Destroyer also have extremely easiest time tanking both wives at the same time in Desolated Tomb

By Far Destroyer make the best asset in a group pvp

They're extremely tanky and survival ability is absolutely insane if you build the stat right

In open world pvp if you have a Destroyer in your group

You'll automatically win even when opposite team is twice or thrice your team size.

Destroyer in pve is still top notch useful in pve regardless

They deliver high dmg while able to throw good amount of cc for the team

While most other class have to sacrifice their cc for dps.

Destroyer aoe in pve also top notch

Every other class out there can put a good aoe

but destroyer can aoe with constant high dps for the longest time.

Hence why it's op in pvp.

I played Dest for a long time, I gave it up because it has no q and e

when restrain skill came out, I instantly regret giving up my dest

not even gonna lie.

Dest is best class out there.

U can't solo yeti with 600 AP bud. TJXX confirmed this with their solo which i used as a guide to help me clear it and i barely was able to on 6m post nerf with 675 AP. Yes tanking with a des is very ez and yes u can keep bosses like naksun, mushin, and junghado locked down almost indefinately. the issue lies in the dps of the class. everything else is fine we just need some more power behind our hits. i don't like feeling like a wet noodle even wen im giving it my all

u guys talk about 1:20 naksun on destro and 50s on other class, wtf is ur AP guys ? 1:20 sounds already very good (and better than i ever did on fm lol, i think 1:38 my record). what's those mighty class doin it in 50s and what is the stats ?

Back to subject i think destro is not bad, but compare it to any other class, its the one u'd want the least in a party, every other class is better for the team (bd for double grab and can dps, more reliable double ccs, hm block etc, and for dps well it's also at bottom)

12 minutes ago, Bim404 said:

u guys talk about 1:20 naksun on destro and 50s on other class, wtf is ur AP guys ? 1:20 sounds already very good (and better than i ever did on fm lol, i think 1:38 my record). what's those mighty class doin it in 50s and what is the stats ?

Back to subject i think destro is not bad, but compare it to any other class, its the one u'd want the least in a party, every other class is better for the team (bd for double grab and can dps, more reliable double ccs, hm block etc, and for dps well it's also at bottom)

Full end game gear is usually around 720-840 ap depending on how good your gems are and which bracelet you're using.  WL, BM, summoner are pretty simple to clear naksun in under 1 minute at that point.

Its really dissappointing to see how less they care about destroyer, they get either nerfs or irrelevant buffs which dont even matter to pve...

i had a 690 ap destroyer and rerolled that class because it was yea ... simply no fun. 

Destroyer might be a good restrainer or tanker at SOME points.

But the class itself simply makes no fun... BM is a "TANK" Class too and deals heavy dmg in comparison to destroyer,

And destroyer is mostly not even able to tank because he cant hold the Agro up , reason? LOW DPS

NCSOFT Please , give the shadow update to destroyer, this situation makes so many players quit the game or reroll the class...

2 hours ago, vOrpheus said:

U can't solo yeti with 600 AP bud. TJXX confirmed this with their solo which i used as a guide to help me clear it and i barely was able to on 6m post nerf with 675 AP. Yes tanking with a des is very ez and yes u can keep bosses like naksun, mushin, and junghado locked down almost indefinately. the issue lies in the dps of the class. everything else is fine we just need some more power behind our hits. i don't like feeling like a wet noodle even wen im giving it my all

You wanna bet?

if a post a picture of my clanmate with 617AP with Solo Yeti Achievement

What do I get?

16 minutes ago, Parenthesis said:

if a post a picture of my clanmate with 617AP with Solo Yeti Achievement

What do I get?

You get nothing? This achievement doesnt prove anything. Everyone is able to get it. All you have to do is:

1. Kill Yeti until he has 1% HP

2. Everyone except yourself leaves squad

3. You finish / kill Yeti

4. GG WP

If you want to prove something then post a video of your clanmates solo run.

Side Note: Iam not saying your clanmate cant solo Yeti, Iam just saying the achievement doesnt prove anything.

These threads have been poping here and there and I usually refrain from replying to them but sorry guys I need to say it.

Rerolling and moreover quitting the game because of something like dps is the must retarded reason I have ever heard, Like seriously Dps.

Every 4 months or so there is the BnS skill change where nearly are skills are rebalanced. Before the last skill change, BM were not even counted as

a dps class and sum were the master class in term of dps. All these changed only after one skill change which happen every 4 to 5 months.

No one knows which is the next class to be buff or nerf in the incoming skills changes but some are ready to leave because of something so variable.

Even more, Destro are not discriminated because of their dps. They are even more demanded now because they boost the overall party damage.

I am always happy when I see a destro/BD in my party but I am quite amazed when players call thier own class useless because they cannot

do "damage", really? Talking about discrimination, I do not know if some of you played at the level 45 endgame content but sorry tell to you that

but the frustration you experience now is nothing in comparison to what sin experienced during that patch. During the level 45 endgame content, we, sin were considered as the most useless class in the game because at that time we brough nothing to a party. I, personally  was kicked out of a naryu lab run in the pug not because I didn't have the  Ap but only because I was a sin. But I didn't "quit" or "reroll" a sum because I love my class enough to overcome that.

Seriously? for something like dps? Even now, NCwest introduced the new awakened skills a week ago. Most players have already noticed (I mean those paying attention) that these awaken skills have redistributs the hierarchy of classes based on damage output. If you do not trust me, try asking intel about the awaken dragonchar From FMs you know or ask yourself why FMs and WL are alway in pairs in the pug or even why WL are getting more demanded. 

This game has many problems other than that of destro dps, but if you are so insecure about such a thing that will change in another 3 months,

feel free to "quit" or "reroll". All I have to say to people that quit because of this is "please never come back" and people that do not love their class enough and reroll is "make sure you reroll to the next op class in a few months to come"

Regards.

12 minutes ago, fignus said:

You get nothing? This achievement doesnt prove anything. Everyone is able to get it. All you have to do is:

1. Kill Yeti until he has 1% HP

2. Everyone except yourself leaves squad

3. You finish / kill Yeti

4. GG WP

If you want to prove something then post a video of your clanmates solo run.

Side Note: Iam not saying your clanmate cant solo Yeti, Iam just saying the achievement doesnt prove anything.

I'll ask him to stream it

Let's put 500g on the stake, shall we?

Are you down?

Blade dancer is my main and the class has been considered the worst in PvE for the longest and has been that way far before NA launch. Our damage was the lowest of any class and the grab was inferior to destroyer. So here and now the class it considered decent in PvE and people are complaining about destroyers. We don't have all the skill modifiers and gear that other regions have that affect balance. Re-rolling now is a waste of your time and resources, as they can be one of the top tier at some point.

I'll say what others said about blade dancers and that's their damage isn't bad because the difference between top and most from lowest isn't that big.

I haven't really seen any noticeable class discrimination at all in this game. Sure some might want balanced groups for 4man, but you guys are over-reacting like how summoners think they were over-nerfed.

Destroyers are really good at holding off and stalling in 6v6, so you got that going for you. They're pretty fierce in defending SSP farming too.

1 hour ago, FarenheitZer0 said:

These threads have been poping here and there and I usually refrain from replying to them but sorry guys I need to say it.

Rerolling and moreover quitting the game because of something like dps is the must retarded reason I have ever heard, Like seriously Dps.

Every 4 months or so there is the BnS skill change where nearly are skills are rebalanced. Before the last skill change, BM were not even counted as

a dps class and sum were the master class in term of dps. All these changed only after one skill change which happen every 4 to 5 months.

No one knows which is the next class to be buff or nerf in the incoming skills changes but some are ready to leave because of something so variable.

Even more, Destro are not discriminated because of their dps. They are even more demanded now because they boost the overall party damage.

I am always happy when I see a destro/BD in my party but I am quite amazed when players call thier own class useless because they cannot

do "damage", really? Talking about discrimination, I do not know if some of you played at the level 45 endgame content but sorry tell to you that

but the frustration you experience now is nothing in comparison to what sin experienced during that patch. During the level 45 endgame content, we, sin were considered as the most useless class in the game because at that time we brough nothing to a party. I, personally  was kicked out of a naryu lab run in the pug not because I didn't have the  Ap but only because I was a sin. But I didn't "quit" or "reroll" a sum because I love my class enough to overcome that.

Seriously? for something like dps? Even now, NCwest introduced the new awakened skills a week ago. Most players have already noticed (I mean those paying attention) that these awaken skills have redistributs the hierarchy of classes based on damage output. If you do not trust me, try asking intel about the awaken dragonchar From FMs you know or ask yourself why FMs and WL are alway in pairs in the pug or even why WL are getting more demanded. 

This game has many problems other than that of destro dps, but if you are so insecure about such a thing that will change in another 3 months,

feel free to "quit" or "reroll". All I have to say to people that quit because of this is "please never come back" and people that do not love their class enough and reroll is "make sure you reroll to the next op class in a few months to come"

Regards.

OK I'm going to have to clear some things up:

1. If this game was all about group content and fair loot share your post would stand to reason. But it's not. Personal dps is not some epeen measure contest but holds real value in terms of progress. At this very moment, group dungeons provide a sliver of required upgrade materials and coin. Real material / gold farming solely depends on your personal efficiency.

So Destroyers, even at equal gear, are worse off than other classes. But also they farm less efficient so they upgrade slower. They fall even more behind, and the gap widens. If in your infinite wisdom you can tell me where am I wrong here I'll be the first to acknowledge my mistake.

2. Sins got their justice with bluebuff. But wait, did they really ? Let's see. On game launch they excelled at Misty woods owpvp and they excelled at farming. Is there a single aspect of the game destroyers Excel at ?

3. Yes, I noticed the shift in class demand towards WL. Now if you try to read my initial post again, you'll see that I specifically mentioned it as one of the reasons for des current (and future) situation.

4. The situation won't change significantly within the next 3 months. It will take way more time to catch up to asian servers. And this is the very root of the problem. We get skills balanced around game content way ahead of us, which leads to abominations such as current BM status.

What's even worse, this politic will not change. There will be no intermediate balance fix. I am well aware of that. All I wanted to say with that post is to warn new and new-ish destroyer players how dire the situation is.

Regards

Archived