Viable Solution to fix 6v6?

Tubby

Seeing how a lot of top players are using exploits such as DCing losing matchs to up their rank in 6v6 maybe this season should have the rewards taken away?  I know some have worked hard and put in time and effort to up their rank into the top 100 but overall the majority of 6v6 is getting worse and worse and maybe it is because of the reward system.  Maybe this season give less incentive to be high rank and more just to actually try to win and not have a fail safe if you go down 100 points or so.

13 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Seeing how a lot of top players are using exploits such as DCing losing matchs to up their rank in 6v6 maybe this season should have the rewards taken away?  I know some have worked hard and put in time and effort to up their rank into the top 100 but overall the majority of 6v6 is getting worse and worse and maybe it is because of the reward system.  Maybe this season give less incentive to be high rank and more just to actually try to win and not have a fail safe if you go down 100 points or so.

Still don't got why it's a solution? Solution when the problem is solved but remowing rewards  make BG to ghost city like it was before, nobody goes there and everyone have to wait over 20 minutes. Dev's made BG ranked only to lure more people to play it. As KzE said after the event nobody will cry anymore.

Maybe instead of ranking system make people get good exp by winning and half of that for loosing, so ppl are still motivated to do it. 100k for win and 50k for loose. As reward I would put some 100k exp talismans for 300 onions´+  2 Bravery, and 1 million talismans for 2k onions and 10 Bravery. Also such system would lure ppl to do it and nobody will leave coz then he loose all rewards and exp.

35 minutes ago, Gratus said:

Then why do people abuse the bug? They don't need high ranking for the event. In fact, it's just a hinderance.

Someone cares.

There is no bug lol. They dont want to wait and quit. Other side is mad, because of invalid match. There was no complains before event and will no complains after.

4 hours ago, KzE said:

There is no bug lol. They dont want to wait and quit. Other side is mad, because of invalid match. There was no complains before event and will no complains after.

What are you talking about? The bug is disconnecting before you lose the match so you don't lose rank. A lot of people do this... so obviously they care. It has nothing to do with the ongoing event.

Yeah I honestly think the rewards should be removed or everyone that's been abusing it should be disqualified from getting it

Otherwise fixing this mode is very easy:

1 - Put it back the way it was where you can enter with premade teams of 6

2 - Equalize stats <--- The biggest one

3 - Limit duplicate classes per team to 2 max

4 - Make it so if you DC you get penalized in points

Voila, fixed

I agree that the rewards should be removed or at least reset with a system that penalizes leavers. If NCSOFT doesn't do something fast before the whirlwind season ends, it's just going to lower my opinion of them. NCSOFT, don't let your customers/players one-up you or the systems that were put in place in the game. It'll just make your company look bad.

Generally speaking, I am honestly more ticked when players see familiar good players or higher ranks on the enemy team during loading screen and leave as compared as to those who leave before the match ends. They figured out how to work around the system? Ok...good....fine... although dishonorable but it is never a good thing to leave your team during the loading screen to let them go in handicapped with a few players short. That's so inconsiderate and extremely egocentric. It just ruins your entire team's playing experience.

1 hour ago, Kounat said:

Yeah I honestly think the rewards should be removed or everyone that's been abusing it should be disqualified from getting it

Otherwise fixing this mode is very easy:

1 - Put it back the way it was where you can enter with premade teams of 6

2 - Equalize stats <--- The biggest one

3 - Limit duplicate classes per team to 2 max

4 - Make it so if you DC you get penalized in points

Voila, fixed

1 - would be nice but unnecessary - two is a bit more thrilling

2 - NO! Get some gear. The only mode were gear actually matters and you wanna destroy it - thx but no... I farmed for the gear and the ss and i like to play with them. The only thing they could fix is that some ppl have SS from the bug were hell island was open

3 - For what reason ? Better thing would be if someone takes a core he can neither be invisible or invinsible.

4 - That should be obvious because it is in other pvp-modes too...

24 minutes ago, Rokusan said:

I agree that the rewards should be removed or at least reset with a system that penalizes leavers. If NCSOFT doesn't do something fast before the whirlwind season ends, it's just going to lower my opinion of them. NCSOFT, don't let your customers/players one-up you or the systems that were put in place in the game. It'll just make your company look bad.

Generally speaking, I am honestly more ticked when players see familiar good players or higher ranks on the enemy team during loading screen and leave as compared as to those who leave before the match ends. They figured out how to work around the system? Ok...good....fine... although dishonorable but it is never a good thing to leave your team during the loading screen to let them go in handicapped with a few players short. That's so inconsiderate and extremely egocentric. It just ruins your entire team's playing experience.

Leaving before the gem ends is not "a way around the system" it is straight up bugusing and exploiting. And its a punch in the face of all legit players. They often have to win 2-3 games if they lose 1 match to get their elo back and this disgusting exploiters have only to invest some time... Also they are responsible that the ELO-System does not work as intended and ppl are complaining about "unfair" matchups.

4 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

eaving before the gem ends is not "a way around the system" it is straight up bugusing and exploiting. And its a punch in the face of all legit players. They often have to win 2-3 games if they lose 1 match to get their elo back and this disgusting exploiters have only to invest some time... Also they are responsible that the ELO-System does not work as intended and ppl are complaining about "unfair" matchups.

It does count as a way around the system though. When you "work around something", it doesn't always matter if the tactics you're using are legit alright or not. I am in no way defending this behavior btw. If you take a look at all my posts in the recent 6v6 bug exploit threads, I am always at the forefront arguing and chastising players who intentionally leave their whirlwind matches.

11 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

1 - would be nice but unnecessary - two is a bit more thrilling

2 - NO! Get some gear. The only mode were gear actually matters and you wanna destroy it - thx but no... I farmed for the gear and the ss and i like to play with them. The only thing they could fix is that some ppl have SS from the bug were hell island was open

3 - For what reason ? Better thing would be if someone takes a core he can neither be invisible or invinsible.

4 - That should be obvious because it is in other pvp-modes too...

1 - There is no place for rng in competitive play, and since there was a ranking board put in, it is now competitive

2 - Umm... Gear is for dungeons and faction things, not competitive pvp lol

3 - As a means of attempting to balance it, same as all the other suggestions lol

4 - We agree :D

4 minutes ago, Kounat said:

This is the only thing I kind of disagree with because of the weapon paths available it becomes preference between baleful and seraphs unless there was an option to choose.. Also how much crit defense you would like to run compared to accuracy pierce and crit rate

8 minutes ago, Kounat said:

1 - There is no place for rng in competitive play, and since there was a ranking board put in, it is now competitive

3 - As a means of attempting to balance it, same as all the other suggestions lol

4 - We agree :D

1 - beacuse of that there should be an accurate ELO-System. Then there is no rng - all players on the same ELO are more or less equally skilled.

2 - You say so. But for competitive pvp there is an arena - and even there are inequalities due to HM-Level + Skills. So 6v6 as a place to play with the own gear is fine. I mean whatfor did someone need a cdeff ss other then for 6v6?

3 - I played around 200matches and i never saw one that was unfair due to classes. Sure one is more annoying than others but i never saw 6 hardcounter vs 6.

1 hour ago, JatoJato said:

1 - beacuse of that there should be an accurate ELO-System. Then there is no rng - all players on the same ELO are more or less equally skilled.

2 - You say so. But for competitive pvp there is an arena - and even there are inequalities due to HM-Level + Skills. So 6v6 as a place to play with the own gear is fine. I mean whatfor did someone need a cdeff ss other then for 6v6?

3 - I played around 200matches and i never saw one that was unfair due to classes. Sure one is more annoying than others but i never saw 6 hardcounter vs 6.

1 - Something like that, but it's gonna be monitored or we'll end up with our current 3v3 abuse where the top 30 or so are swapping wins. And don't give me that, Elo is luck of the draw too, I had a friend who ended up going against the same guy 20 times in a row and got diamond based off that - and the guy was actually a real player. I know a friend of mine who's plat and can't fight scummoners to save his life and would get rekt by a silver one, as long as he doesn't run into any, he's fine - etc.

2 - Wrong, if it has a ranking system there's supposed to be some competitive aspect to it and if you can buy some advantage then it's not competitive. You earn a trophy, you don't buy one, learn the difference. CDef is for open world faction wars, but OWPvp kinda died a few years ago for this game, so nothing really anymore.

3 - Either you're lying or you never went against an all Scummoner team.

16 minutes ago, Kounat said:

3 - Either you're lying or you never went against an all Scummoner team.

Thats a pure RNG in the current mode of the 6v6.

If you want equalized bear just wait for everyone to get their weapons and accessories to max and for the time we get the pvp legendary ss (not the one from MSP) then we will talk.

54 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Thats a pure RNG in the current mode of the 6v6.

If you want equalized bear just wait for everyone to get their weapons and accessories to max and for the time we get the pvp legendary ss (not the one from MSP) then we will talk.

Yeah so? Point stands, whether it's rng or intentional, having repeat classes is dumb. Before this ranking system was installed, teams of 6 scummoners (pretty much any stats) would demolish anything that stood in their path. Current day full teams of SF and Scummoners are insane and for the moment, until it's fixed, BMs are also pretty broken but that ranges across all modes so it doesn't matter too much.

And how do you have trouble against sfs the only dangerous skill is ripple punch and all you have to do is ss out of it. BMs that can kill in less than 3 seconds and summoners that resist for days sitting in petal storm and can go invis multiple times are the real problem.

7 hours ago, Gratus said:

What are you talking about? The bug is disconnecting before you lose the match so you don't lose rank. A lot of people do this... so obviously they care. It has nothing to do with the ongoing event.

Okok, just wait the event end.

Ikr people complain about crit defense as well but the main reason most people don't have crit defense is cause the shitty tower doesn't drop anything at all (my case 50% of the time) or doesn't drop any good statted soul shields (my case 100% of the time) so screw yall elitists I want my citrines :D

13 hours ago, Gratus said:

Then why do people abuse the bug? They don't need high ranking for the event. In fact, it's just a hinderance.

Someone cares.

The ones that abuse this are the ppl that are bad in arena 1v1.

The fact that if ur gold in valley u get the gold medal next to ur name as if ur gold or plat in arena is wrong.

So now failed ppl abuse this to just show off that they are gold or plat n mimic the arena rank.

Only arena 1v1 should give medal when u chat.

After the recent changes to 6v6 its a lot more alive and fun which is a good thing, you should have somewhere to use your gear other than PVe and SSP.

The issue here is no penalty. All they need to do is penalize the players that DC / LEave the match. Let them loose 100 ranking points each time and issue will dissapear.

Archived