Opening Hot Summer Boxes

Kuronee

24 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Doesn't matter. You spent real money on something, so that makes you pay-to-win, apparently. The fact that you can now kill Yeti a whole 2 seconds faster than some person you do not know who plays on a completely different server to you but did not spend any real money, makes you the worst kind of evil there is! 

Righteous f2p players will shun you, summoners cats will snarl at you, mothers will hide their children from you, poets will write  sonnets of how you were eventually vanquished by a heroic f2p player using gear that he grinded himself without paying a dime. They may even make a movie about you someday. Think Lord of the Rings but with you as Sauron. The fact that hundreds (if not thousands) of f2p players are buying them as well (as proven by the sinking currency exchange rate) is neither here nor their. 

On a side note : I bought a coffee at Starbucks this morning instead of growing, roasting and grinding the beans myself, therefore I guess I am pay-to-win at life now. Take that life!

Ya cool except a P2W with 720 AP, 6 HM gems and all their HM skills unlocked...will kill Yeti a bit faster than a few seconds. Good try with your analogy though because coffee is paying to win at a video game! Because you know growing and grinding your own coffee would be MUCH cheaper than buying a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

DEEEERRRRPPP.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, i'm fine, half of my friend quitted with trove event, almost other with the previous patch. I downloaded again LoL. let them rng da hell i care i'm relaxed. 1 mounth more i do daily and log out. If i can't have freely an aquamarine in 1 mounth i quit as well xD Useless to say stuffs here. p2w was predicted with the winter coat rng box, and fanboys answering "it's just an outfit, stufu" deal with this funboys xD meanwhile i instantlock mid and gg wp

ayee wanna work this out
buying ncoins, 80 ncoins is 1USD
4950 ncoins for 50 boxes = about 60USD

if you get the premium discount 3960 ncoins for 50 boxes = 49.50USD

you opened 302 boxes

that's like 300USD with the discount, or 360USD without it

i never bought premium and so in my country, with the exchange rate, that would cost me $500 to buy the amount of boxes you did HOLY S#!%

but ya you can't deny there's some P2W cuz with this kind of money spending you can progress so much faster with gear, HM skills and stats and so can just stomp on the F2P players in OWPVP and currently in the game aside from the RNG merchant the only way to farm moonstones which are a crucial ingredient for progression is from OWPVP instances sooo

37 minutes ago, United17 said:

Ya cool except a P2W with 720 AP, 6 HM gems and all their HM skills unlocked...will kill Yeti a bit faster than a few seconds.

And that would affect you how exactly?

You know there are a lot of free players with 690+ AP right? What's your plan? After you take down all the pay 2 win people you're going to go after the people with too much time on their hands?

Just so you idiots complaining about someone spending money on this game know that them spending the money on the game means it lasts one day longer and we f2p people get to play one day longer. Also who cares if someone spends money on a f2p game, are you that jealous? Who the hell cares how someone spends their own money? Answer: no one, except jealous people.

P.S. If spending money on a f2p game is stupid or unnecessary then so is spending money on stuff you don't need in real life but just want it.

36 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

And that would affect you how exactly?

You know there are a lot of free players with 690+ AP right? What's your plan? After you take down all the pay 2 win people you're going to go after the people with too much time on their hands?

Good so you said it. It is P2W, glad my point was driven home. I'm done here, if I can only reach out to one tiny mind Ive done my job.

I would welcome a 720 ap to kill Yeti with me lil ignorant buddy!

However do I welcome P2W making Battlegrounds unplayable for anything but whales...nope.

Do I welcome a 720 AP summoner (or multiple 720ap Summoners) killing Grindtooth before I get 3 shots in...nope.

Do I welcome 720 AP 3 shotting me for my 300 prestige that took me 45 min to build up...nope.

So once again you fail! Try again? I'm sure I'll easily dismantle anything you put forth. Which is very easily done when I'm right and you're SO wrong.

26 minutes ago, NotHereYet27 said:

Just so you idiots complaining about someone spending money on this game know that them spending the money on the game means it lasts one day longer and we f2p people get to play one day longer. Also who cares if someone spends money on a f2p game, are you that jealous? Who the hell cares how someone spends their own money? Answer: no one, except jealous people.

P.S. If spending money on a f2p game is stupid or unnecessary then so is spending money on stuff you don't need in real life but just want it.

No I'm all for it I spend a boatload of money on the game. Having P2W that's a problem, for EVERYONE including those that P2W. It's already made Battlegrounds a ghost town, next will be faction areas like Misty Woods and SSP.

TERAs most P2W is inner armor. So say I don't have any QQ right? Nope cause Mr.Whale just got his bonus check and bought 15 inner armor boxes! He won't use them all! He wants to sell some! Oh look at that Mr.Whale put them on the market for Mr.F2P to buy with in-game gold that he worked hard to grind! Now Mr.Whale has some extra gold, and Mr.F2P has the inner armor he wanted!

BnS Mr.Whale just got that new *cricket* yellow 300 AP GEM. Mr.F2P got jack crap.

I agree that battleground is indeed p2w, since people who buy in-game gold with real life money have a big advantage towards people who are f2p. The rest is not really p2w though, since the extra ap does not really benefit you in any way except for some spare time. Most dungeons can be done with 550 ap. Stats don't matter in arena.

If I were to spend 300 dollars in this game I woulda just bought gold off the currency exchange and just buy the mats I needed and call it a day lol.

Although it's quite discouraging to see you used 300 boxes and only 1 aquamarine gem..

I wouldn't care to much about the boxes if they didn't have the gems in them. The gems IMO is a huge P2W. You really can't get them any other way other than these RNG boxes. They give some decent AP and good stats. The more $$$ you spend, the better you can make them. It's funny how they also put Mysterious Crystals and Radiant Energy in the boxes too seeing how they rarely fcking drop from the dungeons anyways and you need a shit ton of them.

So all in all, if you don't got $ to spend on NCoin, it's going to be a long time until you get your hand on those gems. I could care less about the other stuff. I just hate the fact they keep putting all these gems in the RNG boxes and really theres no other way to obtain them. 

6 hours ago, Kuronee said:

You do realize i am not winning anything out of the boxes right?.

YOU do realize that you ARE winning out of those boxes, right? Of course not. Let me tell you HOW you are winning.

You do SSP, right?

Do you know what Prestige Points and loot from SSP bosses depend on?

It depends on your DPS.

And you just bought your way up to that DPS.

I would not have cared if you are a P2W person or a Wallet Warrior if the game wasn't designed in a way that allowed people with high AP to steal PP(actively) and loot(passively).

5 hours ago, Reaper00 said:

Doesn't matter. You spent real money on something, so that makes you pay-to-win, apparently. The fact that you can now kill Yeti a whole 2 seconds faster than some person you do not know who plays on a completely different server to you but did not spend any real money, makes you the worst kind of evil there is!

On a side note : I bought a coffee at Starbucks this morning instead of growing, roasting and grinding the beans myself, therefore I guess I am pay-to-win at life now. Take that life!

Uh, the self-righteous person that still thinks the game is not P2W.

I don't care if he/she can kill Yeti a whole 2 seconds earlier. In fact, I would appreciate that.

BUT, I do care a lot when the said person denies me of my share of PP and probably loot from SSP enemies because such players melted down grindtooth in 15 seconds, while probably being afk during the whole mining session.

In your side note : You buying coffee from Starbucks does not affect my ability to buy coffee from any other source or even grow, roast and grind the beans myself. So, your analogy can not be any more stupid.

42 minutes ago, NN13 said:

YOU do realize that you ARE winning out of those boxes, right? Of course not. Let me tell you HOW you are winning.

You do SSP, right?

Do you know what Prestige Points and loot from SSP bosses depend on?

It depends on your DPS.

And you just bought your way up to that DPS.

I would not have cared if you are a P2W person or a Wallet Warrior if the game wasn't designed in a way that allowed people with high AP to steal PP(actively) and loot(passively).

Uh, the self-righteous person that still thinks the game is not P2W.

I don't care if he/she can kill Yeti a whole 2 seconds earlier. In fact, I would appreciate that.

BUT, I do care a lot when the said person denies me of my share of PP and probably loot from SSP enemies because such players melted down grindtooth in 15 seconds, while probably being afk during the whole mining session.

In your side note : You buying coffee from Starbucks does not affect my ability to buy coffee from any other source or even grow, roast and grind the beans myself. So, your analogy can not be any more stupid.

Actually did ssplains for the first time today on SF. It didn't really make a difference because that one or two ap gems i got.l Still missed out on one boar chest because couldn't get enough dps in time while other got it. Spending money doesn't magically give you a box. The issue with prestige is nice yes that does comes a bonus with higher ap but alot of of free players have true scorpion. Not everyone does plains for Prestige, most i see do it for the keys.

Realize that SF is mainly close combat with range. Of course can't use range only or else you wont get much prestige have to be mainly in Kungfu stance. My Point being even though payers can still get more then me if they are range or know close combat better then me.  I am used to playing range classes. I generally do ssplains on my Warlock.

Finally like the point out yes i bought boxes for the AP gem and yes i regret, but dont think i just pay my way to DPS only and suck at my class. That i just sit around and do nothing. I do farm pve for my stingers and gold.

Now lets get back on track with the topic of the video please and not derail it anymore with P2W talk. Rather not have it closed down for it.   My rng Raito seemed to be 1 gem out of 100 boxes. Has anyone else gotten any luck with the boxes?

I play 2 other games hardcore for awhile but still a bit casually now, SWtOR and TERA and I know in either of those if the publisher or devs pulled this kinda shit people would flip the *cricket* out, especially in Star Wars.

Here it's just become another weekly thing, new P2W box today....oh meh.

16 minutes ago, United17 said:

So what if there are people doing p2w? Nothing's going to change if the game stays f2p or would you rather have it p2p for example 10-30 € a month so the game gets some kind of funding/profit?

20 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

i would like to get the glasses. Can these chests be purchased with hm coins?

Yes i am pretty sure you can and United i played TERA to. Don't know  how long you played it but i played it since it went free to play. It had plenty more rng loot boxes then BNS had. Which also gave materials like premium alk that could be only obtained through loot boxes.

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

So what if there are people doing p2w? Nothing's going to change if the game stays f2p or would you rather have it p2p for example 10-30 € a month so the game gets some kind of funding/profit?

I would MUCH rather it be P2P, Don't really know what you're talking about anyway I pay to play now have since the game launched and I also bought a master founders pack during the closed beta. I put WAY more than 30 euros a month into the game being nickle and dimed on every stupid shit they can muster (like inventory space lol) DESPITE being a premium player.

Ya would prefer P2P absolutely. Thanks for asking.

1 hour ago, Kuronee said:

Yes i am pretty sure you can and United i played TERA to. Don't know  how long you played it but i played it since it went free to play. It had plenty more rng loot boxes then BNS had. Which also gave materials like premium alk that could be only obtained through loot boxes.

Weird I have almost 600 premium alks sitting in my inventory and I'm pretty sure I never bought them for real money (nor would I). So what RNG loot boxes are you talking about? Been playing it for about 3 years btw, have 18 toons. LOL 18 toons in BnS not even possible besides the fact I would have to sell my *cricket*ing house if I ever wanted to actually gear them.

2 hours ago, Kuronee said:

Actually did ssplains for the first time today on SF. It didn't really make a difference because that one or two ap gems i got.l Still missed out on one boar chest because couldn't get enough dps in time while other got it. Spending money doesn't magically give you a box. The issue with prestige is nice yes that does comes a bonus with higher ap but alot of of free players have true scorpion. Not everyone does plains for Prestige, most i see do it for the keys.

Realize that SF is mainly close combat with range. Of course can't use range only or else you wont get much prestige have to be mainly in Kungfu stance. My Point being even though payers can still get more then me if they are range or know close combat better then me.  I am used to playing range classes. I generally do ssplains on my Warlock.

Finally like the point out yes i bought boxes for the AP gem and yes i regret, but dont think i just pay my way to DPS only and suck at my class. That i just sit around and do nothing. I do farm pve for my stingers and gold.

Now lets get back on track with the topic of the video please and not derail it anymore with P2W talk. Rather not have it closed down for it.   My rng Raito seemed to be 1 gem out of 100 boxes. Has anyone else gotten any luck with the boxes?

I wasn't specifically talking about a Gem or SF.

I was trying to make you realise the fact that P2W in these game does help you to win.

1 or 2 gems  might not matter, but the amount of upgrade materials these boxes provide a paying player is beyond broken. And I am not necessarily talking about this particular event. I am talking about all the event till now.

All the events where you could buy unlimited amount of boxes with NC coins. Maybe you didn't buy those. No one knows. But I am not talking about you in particular. I am talking about all those who bought their way up to Legendary stage 3. When you have a legendary, or suppose have 700 AP, skill becomes trivial. Of course, not in Asura or Nexus, but in almost everything else.

8 hours ago, United17 said:

Ya cool except a P2W with 720 AP, 6 HM gems and all their HM skills unlocked...will kill Yeti a bit faster than a few seconds. Good try with your analogy though because coffee is paying to win at a video game! Because you know growing and grinding your own coffee would be MUCH cheaper than buying a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

DEEEERRRRPPP.

dat metaphore ><

8 hours ago, United17 said:

So once again you fail! Try again? I'm sure I'll easily dismantle anything you put forth. Which is very easily done when I'm right and you're SO wrong.

Yes you are SO right. Any logical fact based argument can be dismantled with personal opinions, guesses, ignorance and hate. And I guess in your case in particular, bad manners too. Who needs facts when you can just make stuff up!

3 hours ago, United17 said:

I play 2 other games hardcore for awhile but still a bit casually now, SWtOR and TERA and I know in either of those if the publisher or devs pulled this kinda shit people would flip the *cricket* out, especially in Star Wars.

Here it's just become another weekly thing, new P2W box today....oh meh.

Tera has the same reputation as BnS for being a trash asian P2W grind. I've never played it so I couldn't say for sure - just pointing out it has the same reputation. But that bad rep means I won't touch it. You're right about SWTOR (which is a breath of fresh air after playing this mess). The player base would revolt if EA tried this garbage.

What I find incredibly funny is the people jumping in saying these boxes aren't P2W at all since the gem doesn't really do anything. If this is true then people are spending hundreds of dollars on something that does nothing. Nothing. How insane is that?

This whole game is just kooky.

Thanks for sharing the video,

The rng is horrible 100 boxes per gem, pretty disgusting if you ask me. 

Fine you want to put these gems in boxes but how about a way to grind for them ingame? 

1 hour ago, Reaper00 said:

Yes you are SO right. Any logical fact based argument can be dismantled with personal opinions, guesses, ignorance and hate. And I guess in your case in particular, bad manners too. Who needs facts when you can just make stuff up!

Except you are the one basing your arguments on your opinion. It IS ENTIRELY YOUR opinion if you think that players with 720 AP does not affect others in open world bosses like SSP.

United17 has already stated that he/she would welcome a 720AP player in Yeti run, but the problem arises when I or he/she has to compete with that said player in SSP.

I do not see you acknowledging that part. So, don't talk about logic and fact when you are not even willing to accept a problem and want to keep babbling about how you are right and others are not.

Archived