Expanding dungeon/pvp/quest options for Daily Challenge

DrowningEarth

On 6/13/2016 at 10:19 PM, DyvorKurozu said:

It REALLY struck my ear badly when he said that the daily challenge is pushing people to do content they wouldn't otherwise do and making sure that all dungeons will have people doing them every day... no content should be something that is only done every other day or week randomly depending on one thing, they should be encouraging people to do mos of the content every day without daily challenge included in it! And don't get me even started on the dungeons having people every day, some dungeons are downright dead most of the time if it's not a daily challenge or the peak time of the day when people are doing their dailies in general, meaning 24M dungeons with Zaiwei probably the only exception even if in there people most AFK around waiting for Tarakhan and Visasa to spawn.

*breathes in deeply* However, it's at least great to hear they are looking into it... even if in NCSoft's case that alone sounds as trustworthy as giving money to a stranger on the street.

When most people have bypassed that level of content, it is pretty normal for the content to be mostly abandoned.  If the content isn't particularly rewarding, it isn't unusual for the content to be ignored.  

Zawei Ruins is a good example.  I actually like that area, but the rewards just aren't worth my time unless I either, want an easy daily challenge completion or need scales for Heaven's Mandate.  If one of those two items isn't true I will never set foot in there.

Even the daily challenge will not encourage me to do content like East Fleet or Nightshade unless one of my clanmates wants help running through them.   There is actually 0 chance that you will ever make those dungeons worthy of being done even by people who don;t need the stuff that drops in them.  Especially since just doing all the lvl 50 heroic dungeon dailies will put you at about 3/4 ths capped out on your daily limit You can cap your dailies without ever leaving Silverfrost (or even coming close to finishing all the dailies in silverfrost) and since the exp and gold rewards are, for the most part, much higher in silverfrost content, there is no reason for someone to ever do dailies/dungeons in moonwater unless they simply cannot (for gear or skill or connection reasons) do the lvl 50 content.  The only exception to this is Mushin's Tower and the Misty Woods faction dailies (soulstones are soulstones after all).

Unless they both increase the daily limit AND scale the EXP/rewards in dungeons based on level (which would allow higher level players to get rewarded based on doing dungeons they like, and would help keep some of those dungeons/24 mans active in exchange for killing off any dungeon/24 man that was complicated or slow to complete and didn't have some unique drop that people desired) I don't see this ever changing.  

On 6/16/2016 at 5:19 AM, DrowningEarth said:

When they waste 2 hours trying to find a group that will carry them and still wipes in the end, they'll change their mind about that.

They won't. Today I got stuck with the same guy who had around 360 some AP trying to run Sogun's. Same exact person I ran into multiple times last week to. It disgusts me people are actually willing to carry this garbage to. He had 3 pieces of Asura's SS set and two of the Asura Accessories to. Whyyyy? For the love of god... people REALLY need to uninstall the game if they think others will carry them all the time. It's a frikkin' load of horses stool.

1 hour ago, Bhindu said:

For the love of god... people REALLY need to uninstall the game if they think others will carry them all the time. It's a frikkin' load of horses stool.

Blame NCSoft for making that place drop most of the items people need for upgrades and gold, making it the single best place to go to for fast progression.

As someone with 550+ AP who can pretty much do all the content that ends up on the daily challenge (including 4-man if need be) I still think there are too few options. Let's take Sundays for example: Sundered Nexus, a blue dungeon, Beastbog, something I don't remember and the 3x tag team quest. I either have to wait around in Beastbog for almost an hour (even if people actually kill bosses) or I have to PvP, which I detest. Worse, if I choose PvP I will most likely ruin the experience for two others because I suck at PvP and would need to be carried. Give us more options and I'll just do the things that I actually don't mind doing.

Also, many of the challenges aren't even relevant to me. It boggles the mind why Blackram Narrows and Tomb of the Exiles are even in the rotation when you don't unlock the challenge until level 50. I can somewhat understand the level 45 purples because you still might need Siren and Pirate Emblems to get items for your progression and Perfume, Machismo and Warrior Tokens to upgrade those items, but even those are a somewhat strange choice. It would be nice if the daily challenge could take your gear level into account even if they don't add more options.

On 16. 6. 2016 at 1:06 PM, Crimsonjrjr said:

B - Make the challenges for 6 man only. Least everyone can benefit when they hit level 50

This doesn`t make sense. Any daily that is for 4men dungeon can be also completed in 6men version. Why should geared ppl who usualy runs 4men dungeons be forced to do 6men with lower rewards? Even if you force them to do daily challenge in 6men it doesn`t mean they would carry 2 other ppl, they would just complete 6men with 4 ppl.

6 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

This doesn`t make sense. Any daily that is for 4men dungeon can be also completed in 6men version. Why should geared ppl who usualy runs 4men dungeons be forced to do 6men with lower rewards? Even if you force them to do daily challenge in 6men it doesn`t mean they would carry 2 other ppl, they would just complete 6men with 4 ppl.

Because it balances it for those who wish to do the challenges. It also forces those people with high AP who tend to just ignore or kick those who don't live up to their standard.

Do people just see one side to things as soon as they hit 600AP? "My way or *cricket* off" should be the motto

Edit. If that is the case then I want a Lobby on the cross server only for premium members.

3 minutes ago, Crimsonjrjr said:

It also forces those people with high AP who tend to just ignore or kick those who don't live up to their standard.

These people would search for 600+ for 6 men. Do you think this will help any new players?

@Crimsonjrjr Have you read what i`ve wrote? Even if you force ppl to do the daily challenge in 6men version of dungeon, nothing will change. Ppl who run it in 4men version would just go in with same party only switching group mode to 6 men. They wouldn`t look for two more ppl. Only thing that will change would be rage at forum that they are forced to do it in 6men version.

On 12/06/2016 at 3:40 AM, United17 said:

I think they should all be kill Bad Beetle what's his face, I find standing around for 45 minutes for things to spawn VERY challenging.

While I don't mind doing Bestbog now, please don't confuse unnecessary padding with challenging. It's the biggest drawback of the area when it isn't part of the daily challenge. There's very little incentive to do it when that happens.

On 14/06/2016 at 2:31 AM, Ketsura said:

Tained Lab, never appear in the list, and it's a important dungeon for new players get breaktrough weapons.

Blame the mechanic of needing to kill Beastbog mobs to get the Tainted Lab item that unlocks daily. Some really dumb mechanics in Skypetal Plains in general... But yeah, I wouldn't oppose it being part of the daily challenge since it's basically a rehashed Darkglimpse.

Really, much as I enjoy daily challenge as it is, it would indeed greatly benefit from an expansion in its options.

Right now you literally have to complete ALL 4 challenges, there's no "choice" whatsoever. One of the "choices" is always impossible complete for 99% of the playerbase, whether it be the shitty battleground mode that no one gives a f*ck about, arena PvP which most people don't give a f*ck about, or Sogun which 99% of the playerbase can't even do.

How about actually giving us some choices?

I would definitely say put more dungeons in the option listing, there are many next day DC that I look at and just go nope.. not happening. I just got my summoner up to 481 AP (though lost a shit ton of crit stupid earring..) so I don't even attempt to run Asura.. I know i will just end up in a PT by myself by the time I load into the dungon.

Yeti - I actually dread when this dungeon shows up in the daily because I know I am going to be running this most the day hoping for a pug PT that knows what the hell they are doing. Doing wipe after wipe after wipe. Spending the next 30-40 minutes waiting for a PT that will actually STAY and not bail before entering the dungon.

Whirlwind - so not happening, even on days where it's a daily that damn thing is dead.

I would also suggest adding in other pvps that aren't necessarily needs to win. Those can be just as bad as a yeti run at times for newer level 50's or classes that aren't overly strong in pvp. Whirlwind well this is obvious.. a pt of low 400's is not going to take down a 650+ legendary party. Tag team it's great if you are on the team with lives and against AFKs... really really shitty if you are on the team full of AFK's against lives or scripts. Single pvp can be frustrating since it seems either no one under gold is competing anymore or the match system is horribly broken when a new bronze gets paired with a gold.

19 hours ago, Bhindu said:

They won't. Today I got stuck with the same guy who had around 360 some AP trying to run Sogun's. Same exact person I ran into multiple times last week to. It disgusts me people are actually willing to carry this garbage to. He had 3 pieces of Asura's SS set and two of the Asura Accessories to. Whyyyy? For the love of god... people REALLY need to uninstall the game if they think others will carry them all the time. It's a frikkin' load of horses stool.

That is an atypical case. Most reasonable people won't bother.

But I can assure you I've seen 500+ AP people who are just as useless since they don't know the mechanics, or even lack the ability to survive/maximize their DPS.

I suggest they redo the Daily Challenge system and have it for all players level 35+ to do. This will benefit all players from Moonwater Plains onward and not just the high end player base. To me all instances from Cinderlands upwards should be included in the map. Create a PvE quest tab and a PvP quest tab with 10 options for each side and varying rewards to complement the player's level range. Either filter out quests players are unable to or leave a red 'x' on ones they can't do.

Doing the above which gives an option of 20 quests split between PvE and PvP will open up a wide range of instances that can be done. Keep the required limit to 4 but give better boxes for completing more Daily Challenges before collecting the reward. The chests should all vary with items and give a slightly better rate the more daily quests you finish.

It would give players more incentive to run all instances without isolating a certain group from being able to finish said quests. Also, F8 dungeon party finder needs to have 3 tabs added so every instance can be listed but by type. Green (Normal), Blue (Superior), and Purple (Heroic). Within these sections you should be able to sort said instance type by level range. Doing this will allow all instances to be shown but prevent clutter long term.

1 minute ago, Atheyana said:

I suggest they redo the Daily Challenge system and have it for all players level 35+ to do. This will benefit all players from Moonwater Plains onward and not just the high end player base. To me all instances from Cinderlands upwards should be included in the map. Create a PvE quest tab and a PvP quest tab with 10 options for each side and varying rewards to complement the player's level range. Either filter out quests players are unable to or leave a red 'x' on ones they can't do.

Doing the above which gives an option of 20 quests split between PvE and PvP will open up a wide range of instances that can be done. Keep the required limit to 4 but give better boxes for completing more Daily Challenges before collecting the reward. The chests should all vary with items and give a slightly better rate the more daily quests you finish.

It would give players more incentive to run all instances without isolating a certain group from being able to finish said quests. Also, F8 dungeon party finder needs to have 3 tabs added so every instance can be listed but by type. Green (Normal), Blue (Superior), and Purple (Heroic). Within these sections you should be able to sort said instance type by level range. Doing this will allow all instances to be shown but prevent clutter long term.

Looks nice. 

Archived