KR's 10th June update, Classes Overhaul

Arnox

Don't feel like reading through 3 pages, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the game dying. One thing about NCSoft.. they will beat a dead horse well beyond decomposition. Many are joining NCsoft for the first time, but those that have been playing the games of the company since they started can tell you this. Every game they release, hell every new content people say 'oh this will kill the game, this is it the game will die.' well lets look at their running so far.

Lineage - Ran from 1998 - 2011

Lineage 2 - 2003 - present

Guild wars - 2005 - present

Aion - 2009 - present

Wildstar - 2014 -present

Guildwars 2 - 2012 - present

They really have only had two of their major games get taken down (not sure if dungon runner counts as i don't know how popular that game was) and that is City of Hero's and Lineage.

From playing Lineage 2 for 11 years now I can not tell you how often at every update i heard in clan chat.. TS.. shout.. forums.. you name it that THIS patch was gong to be the game killer. Actually I can, cause it happened at every patch since C4. Yet the game is still up and running and for the most part active. Just with a shit ton of server merges. Hearing people saying the game is going to die it's lineage 2 all over again. They will beat this game until it's dead, decaying and eaten by maggots before they close it down.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/12/2016 at 8:13 PM, Brand X said:

Okay, the idea of using a long sword, sword, or katana can be easily done with aethetics.  I'd say some of the swords you can use to skin a weapon do that.  Dual swords could always be the next class.

So, find a sword you like and reskin the hongmoon.

As for the different stats, eh, everyone goes after the same stats, so you can pick the look of your sword and go different on the soul shields.

As for Warframe, the character customization looks extremely lacking.

Warframe is not a MMORPG. You should not compare customization of Warframe and BnS. What we can compare is the interaction and behavior of the two devlopers team towards their respective playerbase. And in that respect, NCSoft is lacking a lot, actually, no, NCSoft treats its playerbase like we are stupid.

On 6/12/2016 at 1:49 AM, Mucski said:

No, it's top of 15 FREE steam games. There is a difference. And I played for a lot of time, I bought lots of platina, I acquired 90% of prime warframes/weapons, so yeah, I guess I have no idea what I am talking about. 

BnS and Warframe cater to different types of gamers/players. One is an FPS with elements stolen from every other FPS. BnS is a fighting game with added RPG elements apparently. They are earth and sky in difference, and you can't even compare them. And no I don't think Warframe is the sky. Sure it had more publicity, and they got it on steam which is a big + nowadays for any game, but that doesn't mean it's soooo much better. Also western bns has no development team, NcWest is a publishing company, whatever you see in game are ports of the main region adjusted for our wallet. In KR they like to grind, in Eu they like to have everything the easy way. 

And you have several game modes in BnS too, if your ping/computer/gear/immagination allows it.

TOP STEAM GAMES STEAM CHARTS LINK - http://steamcharts.com/top

See the names of the games and see Warframe at 9?

Right? So, according to you, GTA V, CS:Global Offensive, ARK, Skyrim, Witcher 3 and almost all the games in the list given above are "FREE" games?

Please do us all a favor and stop making a fool out of yourself.

Yes, BnS and Warframe cater to different to different games, thanks for pointing that out, Mr./Ms. Obvious.

Like I didn't know that.

Although, if you had the time to read my previous posts, you could have seen that I said that "maybe you didn't like Warframe's gameplay, but that doesn't change the fact that Digital Extremes are infinitely better than NCSoft". Or maybe you did not understand the meaning?

No, BnS is not a total port(a copy if you will) of the TW client. TW client have better RNG, less P2W events. If NCSoft has the guts to change those event so that they can milk money from you all western people, they should have the decency to reduce materials cost of upgrading when they decided to release 4 years worth of content in 4 months in a non-p2w way, instead of some BS merchant and Trove events.

Oh, before I forget. Warframe is so not a FPS. And until you show me you Profile stats from Warframe, I have absolutely no reason to believe what you said, because afterall, this is the Internet. Not that I care even if you brought your way up in Warframe, but anyway.

On 6/10/2016 at 1:23 AM, Arnox said:

KR got a massive update today, a complete overhaul for most classes.

S(c)ummoners get nerfed down.

Blade Master finally getting the attention it deserves 

What you guys think about it?

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-update-major-skill-update-classes/

And most important, when you guys think we are going to get this update? That is if the game will manage to survive that long over here.

Actually summoners arent nerfed and the changes are quite a buff. Guess only ppl that actually play a summoner undestand how much more utility this gives and better healing.

On 6/11/2016 at 3:26 PM, KhaosThanathan said:

The Nerf for summoners is simply not understandable. Without the Tab-Double-Stun, we loose our only safe Double-CC. Sure, we can still Double-Daze with 2 and C and Double-KD by V and E, but those are always risky since our cat is prone to being immobilized. We simply don't have sufficient control over our cat. Dungeons like Asura or Nexus will be a pain in the ass that way; especially since - yay, toxic EU/NA-community - people may end up kicking summoners from parties.

I also can't understand, why they nerf our dmg-output that hard and turn Huzzah into party-heal. They just enforce the Trinity they wanted to prevent that way. We more or less already have that Trinity with BM/KFM as Tank, FM/Assassin as DDs, Summoner as Heal and Warlock as Buff-Bxtch. They also turn the combat-system into generic Tab-targeting-nonsense. Sure, it's still not real tab-targeting per se, but i comes close to it since Single-Target-skills actually need a target to being usable.

Neither can I understand, why NCSoft developed such a passion for Melee-classes. They already pushed them really hard in Aion; now in BnS too. Classes like BM and KFM are already strong; no idea why they have to get stronger. Summoner is already one of the weakest PvP-classes in Kore; no need to nerf that class further.

Seems you clearly do not understand summoners gameplay....

12 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Seems you clearly do not understand summoners gameplay....

The I'll make a breath-taking suggestion, Captain Awesome. How about you ... ... ... *gasps* explain it? We don't have Korean gear yet to switch to Rumblebee spamming and pushing us secrectly (and we all know how NCSWest loves stealth changes) more in the direction of a support class wouldn't sound very exciting to good deal of players, I'd assume.

15 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

The I'll make a breath-taking suggestion, Captain Awesome. How about you ... ... ... *gasps* explain it? We don't have Korean gear yet to switch to Rumblebee spamming and pushing us secrectly (and we all know how NCSWest loves stealth changes) more in the direction of a support class wouldn't sound very exciting to good deal of players, I'd assume.

1st off:

Rosethorn - it basically goes back to what it was before you unlocked the HM version of it, so focus generation. Not too much of an issue since with +/- 60%+ crit chance it wont be much of an issue.

Lunge - Well...a cc loss k a small nerf

Doom and Bloom - With the leech effect from ivy poison this gives 50% dmg over 5s + 30% dmg over 5s so the heal isnt that much of a nerf

Double KD isnt an issue if you unlock the HM version of anklebiter, and you can use E as a backup or spec it for KD.

Cat will be able to escape grapple so FM's can forget it trying to sleep the cat.

The bee changes are quite good.

Sunflower....well on overflow u spam it approx 5 times anyway so the 2 focus cost wont be noticable, expecially with the weapon focus revoery proc + briar patch focus recovery.

And as for the party heal.....ppl will mostly want it for the CD reduction plus u wont really need it anyway

3 hours ago, NN13 said:

Warframe is not a MMORPG. You should not compare customization of Warframe and BnS. What we can compare is the interaction and behavior of the two devlopers team towards their respective playerbase. And in that respect, NCSoft is lacking a lot, actually, no, NCSoft treats its playerbase like we are stupid.

The games were being compared however, before my reply, on more than just the devs.  :p  I also agreed, the devs could be better.

4 minutes ago, Brand X said:

The games were being compared however, before my reply, on more than just the devs.  :p  I also agreed, the devs could be better.

True enough...But, just for clarification, I did not compare the two games at first. I just compared the amount of negative threads in BnS Forums vs Warframe Forums.

It was Mucski who started comparing the 2 games. So, I kinda went with the flow with him/her.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

1st off:

Rosethorn - it basically goes back to what it was before you unlocked the HM version of it, so focus generation. Not too much of an issue since with +/- 60%+ crit chance it wont be much of an issue.

Lunge - Well...a cc loss k a small nerf

Doom and Bloom - With the leech effect from ivy poison this gives 50% dmg over 5s + 30% dmg over 5s so the heal isnt that much of a nerf

Double KD isnt an issue if you unlock the HM version of anklebiter, and you can use E as a backup or spec it for KD.

Cat will be able to escape grapple so FM's can forget it trying to sleep the cat.

The bee changes are quite good.

Sunflower....well on overflow u spam it approx 5 times anyway so the 2 focus cost wont be noticable, expecially with the weapon focus revoery proc + briar patch focus recovery.

And as for the party heal.....ppl will mostly want it for the CD reduction plus u wont really need it anyway

The way you break it down makes me see the skill tree for each class in a whole new light.

Blade and Soul isn't an MMO, its a RTS like StarCraft, WarCraft, Age of Empires, etc. Each "class" has its set of skills and you really get no variation from one player of that class to another. But, every class is just the peon/peasant/drone/etc that just goes out the whole game to collect resources while someone else reaps the rewards.

We the players are all the zerglings and NCSoft is the player, and BOY are we getting played!

17 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

The way you break it down makes me see the skill tree for each class in a whole new light.

Blade and Soul isn't an MMO, its a RTS like StarCraft, WarCraft, Age of Empires, etc. Each "class" has its set of skills and you really get no variation from one player of that class to another. But, every class is just the peon/peasant/drone/etc that just goes out the whole game to collect resources while someone else reaps the rewards.

We the players are all the zerglings and NCSoft is the player, and BOY are we getting played!

You can play it however you want.  Your chosen build may or may not be optimal, and they may rebalance things based on their interpretation of whether it is in line with the way they want the game to be played.  That is the reality of a game, especially one intended to be an esport.  Balance changes can completely change a class' playstyle (or even completely destroy a class).

Personally, looking at the assassin changes I have very mixed feelings about it.  I like some of the changes, but others really leave me wondering if my playstyle will even be possible anymore (spinal tap change in particular really would impact my playstyle if I am understanding it correctly).  

14 minutes ago, XianRen said:

You can play it however you want.  Your chosen build may or may not be optimal

These two things contradict themselves, because 1 you get to play, but 2 you get to progress.

Is this really the dichotomy NCSoft wants from play?

Pick one:

a. Play the game the way you want to play your character/class

b. Progress in the game

If so, that is the very definition of bad game design.

19 hours ago, aonallah said:

there is no nerf for ice build , it's the right side for repture that had useless feature , now it synergies better with shadow build ,
ice don't use right side repture anyway !

Yeah that is why i thought it was weird why people were  bitching about it. It was like people were using the shadow damage tree rupture. I guess for more damage, but meh. I am just happy it goes synergy with helix

32 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

These two things contradict themselves, because 1 you get to play, but 2 you get to progress.

Is this really the dichotomy NCSoft wants from play?

Pick one:

a. Play the game the way you want to play your character/class

b. Progress in the game

If so, that is the very definition of bad game design.

You 100% could still progress using a , in this case sunflower,  build.  Not being OPTIMAL and not being POSSIBLe are two different things.   They are tweaking the class to achieve what they feel is the desired balance of difficulty, viability, and utility.  That is their choice, and I honestly believe it NEEDED TO HAPPEN.  Summoner's sunflower build was wildly rewarded for a gameplay style that was mind numbingly simple.  They could essentially do whatever they wanted, wherever they wanted without actually having much understanding of how anything worked.  It would be nice if they would fix all the glitches with the class too ( the way it can trap the party in combat, the pounce glitch that disables trinket escape, doom and bloom always applying even on status immunity), but I won't hold my breath.  

I might be using sunflower build already, but I wouldn't know. Low quality graphics cause of lag issues means I can't see anything that would let me know this "overflow" has ever worked. Some icons pop up but I have never had the time mid fight to stop and mouseover one for the tooltip to see if that is what it is before it disappears.

Sadly there is nothing in game that tells you what the status effects you see are for your or other classes, and the website we are on doesn't offer any explanation of the game at all either.

The problem remains though, I have had to use sunflower and stop using bees long ago because I was forced to be just about everyone, though bees is a more logical skill to use since it:

a. always auto hits

b. can hit things in the air

c. i have hated this "combo" crap ever since Capcom started churning out Street Fighter clones

d. combos only really work single player because in a party another player can easily disrupt your combo while they try to apply their own DPS (can or thrall knocks up mob so melee can't attack them at all)

e. DoT type skills are ALWAYS better because the effect applied continues even when the player's character is in a state unable to attack, which means they are still contributing to the party fight.

The whole combo and "big hit" ka meha meha super power attacks belong in the arena PVP, and that's ok; but not in PVE

BUT, I also don't use briar patch and the weapon upgrade that focuses on a skill that a player doesn't use, doesn't like, etc. means a flaw in design that does NOT allow a player to play the way they enjoy. So again, you have ZERO choice how to play your character, because the items don't let you pick your skills in ANY way shape or form, they are designed solely for 1 skill for each class.

This doesnt allow for people to play the way they would want to develop their own strategies, you either have the fastest fingers to click the same combo everyone else that class is doing, or you... get out crayons and a coloring book?

7 hours ago, NN13 said:

TOP STEAM GAMES STEAM CHARTS LINK - http://steamcharts.com/top

See the names of the games and see Warframe at 9?

Right? So, according to you, GTA V, CS:Global Offensive, ARK, Skyrim, Witcher 3 and almost all the games in the list given above are "FREE" games?

Please do us all a favor and stop making a fool out of yourself.

Yes, BnS and Warframe cater to different to different games, thanks for pointing that out, Mr./Ms. Obvious.

Like I didn't know that.

Although, if you had the time to read my previous posts, you could have seen that I said that "maybe you didn't like Warframe's gameplay, but that doesn't change the fact that Digital Extremes are infinitely better than NCSoft". Or maybe you did not understand the meaning?

No, BnS is not a total port(a copy if you will) of the TW client. TW client have better RNG, less P2W events. If NCSoft has the guts to change those event so that they can milk money from you all western people, they should have the decency to reduce materials cost of upgrading when they decided to release 4 years worth of content in 4 months in a non-p2w way, instead of some BS merchant and Trove events.

Oh, before I forget. Warframe is so not a FPS. And until you show me you Profile stats from Warframe, I have absolutely no reason to believe what you said, because afterall, this is the Internet. Not that I care even if you brought your way up in Warframe, but anyway.

Nobody cares about ur stupid point about warframe. We are on BNS forum, go back to Warframe if you love it so much. Go kiss their asses deep as you did until now. I hate that game that's the point and I always will regardless if its top 1 or bottom 9000 on steam. I played it, I didn't like it, I find it boring, and now I find you boring too. And this "http://steamcharts.com/top" is not an official steam page. Also warframe is on 11, get your facts straight. Furthermore there aren't many AAA mmorpg's on steam, so you boring people like you can only join boring games there or go to dota and cs:go

Just now, MistahJayden said:

Lmaoooooo. So you lose an argument and then insult the guy. All he was trying to point out was about the DEVs, the community, and the feedback they get versus ours here.

The gameplay, how boring/fun it is, is completely irrelevant from what he's saying.

Yes, I lose an argument and I insult the guy. It's what I do. Except I didn't lose anything.

2 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Nobody cares about ur stupid point about warframe. We are on BNS forum, go back to Warframe if you love it so much. Go kiss their asses deep as you did until now. I hate that game that's the point and I always will regardless if its top 1 or bottom 9000 on steam. I played it, I didn't like it, I find it boring, and now I find you boring too.

Lmaoooooo. So you lose an argument and then insult the guy. All he was trying to point out was about the DEVs, the community, and the feedback they get versus ours here.

The gameplay, how boring/fun it is, is completely irrelevant from what he's saying.

7 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I might be using sunflower build already, but I wouldn't know. Low quality graphics cause of lag issues means I can't see anything that would let me know this "overflow" has ever worked. Some icons pop up but I have never had the time mid fight to stop and mouseover one for the tooltip to see if that is what it is before it disappears.

Sadly there is nothing in game that tells you what the status effects you see are for your or other classes, and the website we are on doesn't offer any explanation of the game at all either.

The problem remains though, I have had to use sunflower and stop using bees long ago because I was forced to be just about everyone, though bees is a more logical skill to use since it:

a. always auto hits

c. i have hated this "combo" crap ever since Capcom started churning out Street Fighter clones

d. combos only really work single player because in a party another player can easily disrupt your combo while they try to apply their own DPS (can or thrall knocks up mob so melee can't attack them at all)

e. DoT type skills are ALWAYS better because the effect applied continues even when the player's character is in a state unable to attack, which means they are still contributing to the party fight.

The whole combo and "big hit" ka meha meha super power attacks belong in the arena PVP, and that's ok; but not in PVE

BUT, I also don't use briar patch and the weapon upgrade that focuses on a skill that a player doesn't use, doesn't like, etc. means a flaw in design that does NOT allow a player to play the way they enjoy. So again, you have ZERO choice how to play your character, because the items don't let you pick your skills in ANY way shape or form, they are designed solely for 1 skill for each class.

This doesnt allow for people to play the way they would want to develop their own strategies, you either have the fastest fingers to click the same combo everyone else that class is doing, or you... get out crayons and a coloring book?

I really just don't get what you are trying to say then.  Sunflower is not losing it's viability it just will require the summoner to ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION to their focus bar instead of infinitely and mindlessly spamming it 

Rumblebees was already strong in the first place, the main reason people didn't like it was because it was single target.  

The skill thing is what it is.  On some classes it was their primary big damage skill (WL for example) on others it was a skill that ranged from useful utility to "meh, whatever".  For sin the skill is shadow slash.  It's not a bad skill, it's actually a very good one.  In PVE it ranges from a core part of my rotation for my Dark/Non Stealth Build to mostly useless in my Lightning/Stealth build (shadow slash can't be used while stealthed).  in PVP, it is usually specced for it's utility and has a 30s cd.  Heart Stab and Lightning Pierce/Dark Strike are both (you can only have one of the latter two) more core to our damage rotation.  So the 20% damage bonus is kinda meh in terms of usefulness despite being on a skill that is pretty good..  Do I think it would be neat if we could reroll what skill we wanted a bonus for on the weapon and what the bonus was?  Sure.   Do I think the existence of that damage bonus shoe horns you into a specific play style or build path?  No.  I don't feel any pressure to use my Dark build just because it allows me easier access to shadow slash, which has a 20% damage bonus on it.  I simply pick whichever build suits me for whatever it is I am doing.  

There are also trap skills, which really really need to be addressed by the devs.  There are some skills that just are not useful in their current iteration no matter what build you use.  

20 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Nobody cares about ur stupid point about warframe. We are on BNS forum, go back to Warframe if you love it so much. Go kiss their asses deep as you did until now. I hate that game that's the point and I always will regardless if its top 1 or bottom 9000 on steam. I played it, I didn't like it, I find it boring, and now I find you boring too. And this "http://steamcharts.com/top" is not an official steam page. Also warframe is on 11, get your facts straight. Furthermore there aren't many AAA mmorpg's on steam, so you boring people like you can only join boring games there or go to dota and cs:go

Well, 20k people playing Warframe right this second does care about it, including me.

And since we are down to insulting, Get your head out of your ass and get it into your head that nobody *cricket*ing cares if you liked Warframe or not. The point is - DE cares and NCSoft does not.

Steam charts is a *cricket*ing official site. If you are so illiterate that you could not take the time to go to the bottom of the page and read the line "All data is powered by Steam" with a *cricket*ing official link to Steam, then study a bit instead of losing arguments and then insulting people.

Warframe is on 11 as of now, but when I posted, it was on number 9. Ever heard of a dynamic list? Of course not, but then again, I do not expect much from some one like you.

9 minutes ago, XianRen said:

I really just don't get what you are trying to say then.

The change is arbitrary for the sake of change alone.

They are switching from the snowman to easter bunny design, but each character of each class is still just a cookie cutter of every other character of that class. Season changed so they just changed the shape of the cookie to the current holiday.

14 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Well, 20k people playing Warframe right this second does care about it, including me.

And since we are down to insulting, Get your head out of your ass and get it into your head that nobody *cricket*ing cares if you liked Warframe or not. The point is - DE cares and NCSoft does not.

Steam charts is a *cricket*ing official site. If you are so illiterate that you could not take the time to go to the bottom of the page and read the line "All data is powered by Steam" with a *cricket*ing official link to Steam, then study a bit instead of losing arguments and then insulting people.

Warframe is on 11 as of now, but when I posted, it was on number 9. Ever heard of a dynamic list? Of course not, but then again, I do not expect much from some one like you.

Point is I don't care, and nobody who plays MMORPG don't care. If you haven't noticed top games are either FPS or MOBA's, not my fault people want to go RATATATATATATA all day mind numbingly, I am not that kind of a person. I joined Warframe cause they said it's not, but it is. It's nothing but that on a boring repetitive co-op type levels with different game modes which are revolve around earlier FPS that already had them ages before Warframe was even conceived. A.k.a capture the flag, defend the objective, survival, and the list can go on. So whatever your point is with Warframe, it has nothing to do with ANY mmorpg out there regarldess if it's BnS or not, and not only you can't compare the game to any MMORPG, but you can't compare the player base either. HF playing it and idk why you still bother posting here?

10 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Point is I don't care, and nobody who plays MMORPG don't care. If you haven't noticed top games are either FPS or MOBA's, not my fault people want to go RATATATATATATA all day mind numbingly, I am not that kind of a person. I joined Warframe cause they said it's not, but it is. It's nothing but that on a boring repetitive co-op type levels with different game modes which are revolve around earlier FPS that already had them ages before Warframe was even conceived. A.k.a capture the flag, defend the objective, survival, and the list can go on. So whatever your point is with Warframe, it has nothing to do with ANY mmorpg out there regarldess if it's BnS or not, and not only you can't compare the game to any MMORPG, but you can't compare the player base either. HF playing it and idk why you still bother posting here?

Ok, ok, I understood your problem - You have a tough time comprehending big paragraphs. Ok, I will just write one line and stop.

FROM FIRST POST TO THIS VERY POST, MY POINT WAS - DIGITAL EXTREMES CARES ABOUT THEIR GAME AND PLAYERS BUT NCSOFT DOES NOT.

I DO NOT *cricket*ING CARE IF YOU LIKE MMO OR IF YOU DO NOT LIKE FPS OR MOBA. NOONE *cricket*ING CARES WHAT YOU LIKE TO PLAY.

Got it?   Yes?   No?

I don't care either way. The more I talk to you, the more my brain dies.

Rupture (F)
– Tier 3 Stage 2: the effect of “decrease CD of Dragoncall (4)” is changed to “decrease CD of Wingstorm (V) by 1 sec”

Can a lock that plays on KR or has experience there please explain how this is in any way useful or good since I feel like it completely negates the purpose of dragoncall?

The removal of thrall taunt on onrush is also incredibly irritating given that it was especially useful when gathering mobs in dungeons when soloing before CC'ing them :/ I dont see why this was done, I don't need another dang stun >_>

14 hours ago, Shadzar said:

a. always auto hits

Actually if you are using a sunflower build and not using briar patch with it you are hurting yourself DPS wise.

When you spec briar patch to wind element your sunflower deals more damage when briar patch is in effect, plus it lets you stack the stacks easier and faster.

That all being said the changes wont impact a sunflower build much anyway it will still be the same especially with 2 focus recovery on crit and 3 focus on briar patch hits.

Doom & bloom working on targets with status immunity isnt a glitch its meant that way.

Honestly i think bees are really fun to use but only if you can get the instant cast a lot. now since they are removing the instant cast on crit with rosethorn....yeah..

Archived