KR's 10th June update, Classes Overhaul

Arnox

Just now, Mucski said:

I know for a fact that from a clan of 80 people only 2 actually watched the stream, the rest just don't care.

They eagerly waiting for the roadmap to happen. So whatever you said about Warframe and blah blah blha, I am pretty sure you're wrong. Oh and I did play Warframe and I did quit. A game can't get any more repetitive and boring than that game. I've been told it has "procedural maps" and new frames and new stuff every week or month whatever, but they all the same, with minor look changes (which because of the game has an alienish nature it's really not hard to come up with), pretty much all the weapons just repeat themselves with minor stat changes or boosts, all frames have almsot the same same skills with different names and animations, and you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over on different maps. There are a couple of game modes, but they never change.

To be fair, Ive played warframe for a long time and while it may be repetitive. NCSoft should learn from that. That game may be "boring", but they have their Warframe cons and make more money than BnS will at its current rate. If a game like that can pull it off, imagine if Ncsoft and developers cared about this game like they do for Warframe. In a perfect world where they actually play and understand the grind, where they pvp and understand the class imbalances and frustrations of whirlwind pvp. We would all be happy and less-if you will...butthurt. I dont play Warframe no more but they deserve the respect for caring. Thats what keeps the game running.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I know for a fact that from a clan of 80 people only 2 actually watched the stream, the rest just don't care.

They eagerly waiting for the roadmap to happen. So whatever you said about Warframe and blah blah blha, I am pretty sure you're wrong. Oh and I did play Warframe and I did quit. A game can't get any more repetitive and boring than that game. I've been told it has "procedural maps" and new frames and new stuff every week or month whatever, but they all the same, with minor look changes (which because of the game has an alienish nature it's really not hard to come up with), pretty much all the weapons just repeat themselves with minor stat changes or boosts, all frames have almsot the same same skills with different names and animations, and you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over on different maps. There are a couple of game modes, but they never change.

Whatever you said about Warframe and BnS, blah blah blah is entirely your OWN opinion. Maybe you did not like Warframe's gameplay, but that doesn;t change the fact that Warframe Developers team is FAR better than NCWest can ever hope to be.

So, you have absolutely no idea about Warframe or are just ignorant. Every single thing you said about Warframe just shows that you have absolutely NO idea about that game. I admit that gameplay can get boring for some people, but same skills? All weapons are similar? Really?

At least they have that many weapons. What does BnS have? One Hongmoon weapon that you keep on evolving. Tahts it. And you are talking about variety. Irony much.

At least Warframe has different game modes. What does BnS have? It forces you to do the exact same things every single day. At least Warframe lets you choose what you want to do.

BnS Western version will never be what Warframe is.

Warframe has been in the Top 15 Steam games constantly for the last 2.5 years and then there is your favorite BnS which is famous for PvP and Imperial already left once.

2 hours ago, NN13 said:

Whatever you said about Warframe and BnS, blah blah blah is entirely your OWN opinion. Maybe you did not like Warframe's gameplay, but that doesn;t change the fact that Warframe Developers team is FAR better than NCWest can ever hope to be.

So, you have absolutely no idea about Warframe or are just ignorant. Every single thing you said about Warframe just shows that you have absolutely NO idea about that game. I admit that gameplay can get boring for some people, but same skills? All weapons are similar? Really?

At least they have that many weapons. What does BnS have? One Hongmoon weapon that you keep on evolving. Tahts it. And you are talking about variety. Irony much.

At least Warframe has different game modes. What does BnS have? It forces you to do the exact same things every single day. At least Warframe lets you choose what you want to do.

Warframe has been in the Top 15 Steam games constantly for the last 2.5 years and then there is your favorite BnS which is famous for PvP and Imperial already left once.

One weapon you keep evolving.  Yes.  So what?  What matters is the look.  :p

Let's say they had other weapons with other stat options.  What would you pick?  The same one as everyone else. :p

The skills and their animations are what are different in BnS (and character looks) after that, everyone still goes after the same general...everything.  :p

As predicted some classes get more powerful, some classes get nerfed even more.

Warlock has nerf on stier 3 stage 2, (unless helix user).
Leech is decent small buff,
Thrall onrush well 2x stun instead of taunt + stun. well dont mind double stun though for pve.

But then again Ncwest would die long before, mainly because they dont care about the game XD

6 hours ago, Brand X said:

One weapon you keep evolving.  Yes.  So what?  What matters is the look.  :p

Let's say they had other weapons with other stat options.  What would you pick?  The same one as everyone else. :p

The skills and their animations are what are different in BnS (and character looks) after that, everyone still goes after the same general...everything.  :p

SO, I would choose.

If BnS game me options to choose from Sword, Long sword, Dual Swords and Katana, as a BM, I would either go for Katana or Dual Swords. And Warframe actually provides you with all these and numerous more types of melee weapons.

Even if the stats were a little different, I would have chosen different swords. But unfortunately, in BnS, not a single sword comes close to Hongmoon Sword. Every single sword is utter useless, even all the purple swords.

7 hours ago, NN13 said:

SO, I would choose.

If BnS game me options to choose from Sword, Long sword, Dual Swords and Katana, as a BM, I would either go for Katana or Dual Swords. And Warframe actually provides you with all these and numerous more types of melee weapons.

Even if the stats were a little different, I would have chosen different swords. But unfortunately, in BnS, not a single sword comes close to Hongmoon Sword. Every single sword is utter useless, even all the purple swords.

Okay, the idea of using a long sword, sword, or katana can be easily done with aethetics.  I'd say some of the swords you can use to skin a weapon do that.  Dual swords could always be the next class.

So, find a sword you like and reskin the hongmoon.

As for the different stats, eh, everyone goes after the same stats, so you can pick the look of your sword and go different on the soul shields.

As for Warframe, the character customization looks extremely lacking.

2 hours ago, Brand X said:

Okay, the idea of using a long sword, sword, or katana can be easily done with aethetics.  I'd say some of the swords you can use to skin a weapon do that.  Dual swords could always be the next class.

So, find a sword you like and reskin the hongmoon.

As for the different stats, eh, everyone goes after the same stats, so you can pick the look of your sword and go different on the soul shields.

As for Warframe, the character customization looks extremely lacking.

That is also wrong, Warframes are pretty customizable but not to BnS's extent. Either way you guys are drifting from the original point. The development team is what makes Warframe popular, they care about their players and love their game. NCsoft couldnt care less and only want to milk your money like a cow by exploiting the games flaws. 

22 hours ago, NN13 said:

No, it's top of 15 FREE steam games. There is a difference. And I played for a lot of time, I bought lots of platina, I acquired 90% of prime warframes/weapons, so yeah, I guess I have no idea what I am talking about. 

BnS and Warframe cater to different types of gamers/players. One is an FPS with elements stolen from every other FPS. BnS is a fighting game with added RPG elements apparently. They are earth and sky in difference, and you can't even compare them. And no I don't think Warframe is the sky. Sure it had more publicity, and they got it on steam which is a big + nowadays for any game, but that doesn't mean it's soooo much better. Also western bns has no development team, NcWest is a publishing company, whatever you see in game are ports of the main region adjusted for our wallet. In KR they like to grind, in Eu they like to have everything the easy way. 

And you have several game modes in BnS too, if your ping/computer/gear/immagination allows it.

On 10/06/2016 at 0:23 AM, Arnox said:

KR got a massive update today, a complete overhaul for most classes.

S(c)ummoners get nerfed down.

Blade Master finally getting the attention it deserves 

What you guys think about it?

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-update-major-skill-update-classes/

And most important, when you guys think we are going to get this update? That is if the game will manage to survive that long over here.

i wouldn't call  a nerf to summs, just a different kind of play style they will have to learn

healer classes ( SF and summ)  got way less heal but gain party CD reduction skills.

6 hours ago, MistahJayden said:

That is also wrong, Warframes are pretty customizable but not to BnS's extent. Either way you guys are drifting from the original point. The development team is what makes Warframe popular, they care about their players and love their game. NCsoft couldnt care less and only want to milk your money like a cow by exploiting the games flaws. 

I want BnS level customization.  :p  Which I don't understand how any new MMO doesn't have that level of customization now.

As for how much the company cares about their players.  I do agree, that's important and I'm not sure NC even knows how to fake it, but that only goes so far as I'd rather have a game I actually want to play.

BnS needs work on a few things and yes, better NCWest relations would be good, but on Warframe's side, I have no desire to play their game.  The best devs in the world wouldn't change that.

On 11/06/2016 at 6:47 PM, Mucski said:

Count me in as one who usually don't bother with streams... though the last one did confirm what some would say it's obvious: most of the managers don't know their own game.

17 hours ago, Mucski said:

BnS and Warframe cater to different types of gamers/players. One is an FPS with elements stolen from every other FPS. BnS is a fighting game with added RPG elements apparently. They are earth and sky in difference, and you can't even compare them. And no I don't think Warframe is the sky. Sure it had more publicity, and they got it on steam which is a big + nowadays for any game, but that doesn't mean it's soooo much better. Also western bns has no development team, NcWest is a publishing company, whatever you see in game are ports of the main region adjusted for our wallet. In KR they like to grind, in Eu they like to have everything the easy way.

Except we CAN compare how much devs AND publishers know and care about their own games and their respective players. BnS' case is... rather lacking in that regard, frankly, if last stream and now these KR patch notes are anything to go by. It should NOT matter if this game is a port, just as it shouldn't matter Koreans like their grind. WE don't like to grind, so adjust the game properly to US, not the other way around. That's where localization should factor in if they actually knew what they were doing.

On 6/11/2016 at 6:56 PM, Shadzar said:

You want some proof? Lets look at streaming content.

Blade and Soul had steady 6k views on Twitch during peak hours for NA/EY up until March 23rd. Then numbers went up slightly and took a fast spiral down to about 2k during peak hours after some bigger names left like iGodrikTV and a few others. AALaguna shortly quit streaming B&S in favor of BDO because there was nothing left to do except grind for 8 hours a day with fewer and fewer people, only to have to constantly spend money on reset tokens for Cold Storage or endlessly do Asura runs. He left PVP all together.

Laguna has returned for a time after the June 1st update to continue that new content, but B&S can barely secure 1k viewers anymore in peak hours even AFTER Russian servers have been released.

What the number were prior to NA/EU launch, i cannot tell you. When the streamers can no longer support the game and your viewership drops 70%+ fast like that, it means something.

IGodrik was also on youtube making lots of early release guides, but quit as well. New payer growth is the largest death knell though. If new people cannot chance to progress under existing pay-to-progress situations, then the game will end up dying. Already server mergers are being looked at which means there isn't enough people or moeny to support the 12 (i think) NA servers.

it is the players LIKE the game, not dislike it that causes the problem, because they are gamers, have been gamers, and understand how gamers think, but this western mindset of gamer is so foreign to NCSoft that they wont change. Of course people thing a majorly flawed game design is something to dislike. Gamers in the west aren't all sheep like it seems gamers in Korea are.

So you may think this is empty words, but I have seem major gaming companies fail for lesser things than is going on with B&S and lost LOTS of money due to their failures. The players keep trying to tell them how to adapt B&S for western players, but they refuse. the business philosophy that is lost on NCSoft is: Evolve or Die. They are refusing to evolve their game, so what option do they have left for it?

I play and I don't stream... Why would i wanna stream to watch someone playing the game when I can just go play it? O.O

Number of streamers doesn't equate to number of players.

27 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

Number of streamers doesn't equate to number of players.

Same with number of forumers. You can't be sure if the ones who still posts in here or watch the streams still play the game, nor that the entire playerbase ever bothers with streams/forums. And even those who do play may as well just lurk and/or talk rather than, you know, actually play the game.

Numbers don't mean much if they aren't analysed right.

Ok, so tell me where these fantasy world ads people have seen about the game come from? I haven't seen any except 1 time on Adult Swim and it was the exact same thing they use on the livestream.

They don't exist in the real world. There is NO advertising, because streams ARE the advertising to get new players. Welcome to 2016 where many people don't watch TV and get all their news online from one outlet or the next, even the people who make products prefer to use streams for their advertising, that is why you see twitter and facebook, etc from BnS and babbltr0n, not TV commercials. That is why they chose Twitch as their venue for contact with the public about what is going on in the game and its future.

If you people can't get out of the 1950s media and learn to live in the new modern world of how things are done or understand them, which is weird since this is the age you grew up in and chose, then you wont understand anything.

9 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

because streams ARE the advertising to get new players

You forget word of mouth from forums and elsewhere. Who follows their news this way doesn't ever need to bother with streams and social media directly.

Not even gonna bother addressing the rest of your horribly patronizing post.

word of mouth, then maybe you better check Youtube as well, tell me how many PVP videos you see? How many "I love this game <3" videos you see? How many people have quit and the comments on them. Larger streamers with higher number of followers/subscribers etc

You try to refute the media formats as being invalid for being online, then use forums for your defense? DansGame do you realize forums are online as well? OpieOP

You honestly sound as bad as Babbletr0n, Nico and Omeed that "have the numbers" and claim omniscience based on these numbers without feeling liek revealing them would help your case. Money is a number also, and you know what they say about money right?

"Money talks, and BS walks."

Well plenty of people have been talking with their money, so we people that aren't sheep use the data and number we have. Until you provide numbers for people to digest dealing with anything other than your own personal bias, you are not in the numbers or money crowd but seem to be full in the other crowd... BS. OMGScoots

I don't really watch twitch or streaming, unless it's a dev vid so I can get information on the game.

the only time i watch YouTube gaming vids is when I need information. Watching someone else play a game instead of me playing a game never was attractive to me. I don't necessarily see streaming as any more accurate then forum posting. you have a category of players who watch streams I'm sure, but it isn't representative of the population as a whole. Nothing against it, and it sure is finding it's own niche, but I've seen game trends come and go, some big, some small. doesn't affect how I play much at all.

Aside from that however, the game itself doesn't really have a solid foundation to last. outside of it's combat system, it doesn't bring much to the table that other games didn't already do. And it doesn't go far enough in any one direction to attract a big enough crowd from that playerbase. crafting sucks, progression is narrower then a train rail, Premium model is the worst I've seen in a long time. And it doesn't seem to go far enough to appease the serious eSport crowd. A game inbetween two worlds.

In spite of this I do enjoy hopping in an playing once in awhile. But I can't say that it has lasting potential. I've seen that potential in other games. Just not this one. And I think that's reflected in the streaming numbers. Does it mean that the game is going to die? perhaps not. if they'res enough casuals like me to hang around and play, it may last. But it doesn't have staying power on it's own, and the Monetary model isn't attractive, it's the opposite. if the game was amazing, I'd suffer a horrible Monetary model. If the monetary model was good, it would make playing a mediocre game easier.  BnS doesn't have either of those advantages.

EDIT: Ah right, sorry. thread was about class changes. On the whole, I think the BM changes are going in the right direction. Summoenr? can't say for sure. All I know is that I have a brother who admits that he likes "easy to play OP classes", and he didn't like playing anything other then the summoner. could be that it really was the combination of easier play style + the high damage outputs. But I also believe in the paradigm of "Risk Vs. reward." And if the summoner was easy to play and easy to get damage/results out of, then that's out of balance.

On 6/11/2016 at 6:13 AM, Kuronee said:

Ice build got Nerf and shadow build got buffed

there is no nerf for ice build , it's the right side for repture that had useless feature , now it synergies better with shadow build ,
ice don't use right side repture anyway !

4 hours ago, Shadzar said:

tell me how many PVP videos you see?

None. I dislike PvP on principle, so I don't bother with such vids. Unless you mean guides or PvE videos, now those I actually have actual interest in.

But Youtube isn't exactly live stream, is it? Nope, it generally isn't. Thought so. Also by social media, I meant to imply Facebook, Twitter... not forums. Nice try but nope, try again.

And money? u wot m8... try not to move goalposts all over the place while our points fly over your head, because at no point did I ever bother to bring that up. There's no point even trying to argue with you when you keep doing such BS.

Come back to my point of number of live stream views not necessarily being equal to amount of people who actually played or are still playing the game. That's ALL I said in my previous response, so address THAT. Try to make your points are actually relevant to my posts, because right now it's not like you are talking to me. And again, without being patronizing and making an ass of yourself by assuming things.

Well if you cant understand how changes like these and the constant rush has driven players off after all the evidence presented... then I just don't know why you are bothering to be here discussing it in the first place.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

we understand the quick release of content has left some of you feeling pressured to complete all the existing content

Nico Coutant
Producer, Blade & Soul

Producer sure seems to get it... though not much else about the game.

2 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

Well if you cant understand how changes like these and the constant rush has driven players off after all the evidence presented... then I just don't know why you are bothering to be here discussing it in the first place.

Yup, totally not directed to me if you actually bothered to read my posts, so my point stands. Whatever, that went nowhere fast.

Archived