KR's 10th June update, Classes Overhaul

Arnox

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DamnedYankee said:

Now, how more insulting can a person get with this ad hominem attack than this? You've made some might assumptions about me. So much so if I were to reveal who I am and what I did for 15 years you'd be very ashamed and embarrassed. After 55 years on this planet, I've learned when to question supposition statements of people quoting things taken out of context and/or from reading into subject matter that borders on simple lunacy. Until YOU and the others who want to make statements of fact without quantifiable information to back up what you are saying based on your interpretation of a live stream, you may want to temper what you say. You can rant, insult, and demean me all you want. However, it does not change the fact that you are basing your OPINION on a supposition without verifiable facts, period. There is no argument to this last statement. I've said all I am going to say about this. If you cannot accept the reality of what I am saying, well, that's on you and yours.  

" the others who want to make statements of fact without quantifiable information to back up what you are saying based on your interpretation of a live stream, you may want to temper what you say. You can rant, insult, and demean me all you want. However, it does not change the fact that you are basing your OPINION on a supposition without verifiable facts, period. " -

Where is YOUR quantifiable information and verifiable facts about your claim that the game is not dying or is doing absolutely great?

The other user at least gave proofs that major content-creators have left and the number of streamers has reduced greatly. What have you provided to counter his proofs except yelling at the top of your voice that he/she is wrong and then boasting about who you are?

Hypocrite much?

Oh, and don't show me numbers from NCSoft, just don't. They lie in every aspect.

I have played Warframe for almost 3 years now and I never saw Mogamu or AGayGuyPlays or TacticalPotato stop streaming and making videos for Warframe. If content creators are leaving a game that means either the game has become a mess or that not many people are interested in it anymore.

And about the things you said about who you are - For all I know is that this is The Internet. You can claim that you are Obama. Doesn't mean I have to believe that.

As a matter of experience, people boasting on the Internet are actually not very successful in real life in most cases, if not all. Because successful people hardly boast.

Now on-topic about Blade Master -

I don't see many things that is better. I mean they added a couple of new abilities so can't comment on those, the the only good things were -

1. Max speed of Flicker and Pierce.

2. 5-point Strike equal distribution.

1. On the other hand, they removed bleed effect from Boot which is bad because boot is spammable and is actually used, unlike Rush that hardly anyone uses.

2. Removed MultiSlash - Really? Removed the highest time iFrame, which was 1.3 secs btw, unlike Summoners 5 secs....But why? I would be very pissed if the new ability does not come with iFrame.

The BM needed a double CC ability, maybe on Z. Infact, I think every class should have access to a double cc like FM and Summoner. It is a huge help.

Sorry, but numbers of people watching streams is definitely not an indicator that this game is dieing. I liked watching Laguna/Godkri from time to time. I still play, and I dont watch any streams except HimeliaBnS, all other BnS streams are rather crap and not worth watching. Godkri/Laguna interacted alot with the community, game them "tips" and stuff. Other streamers just go around doing their dailies and not talking at all. Thats not how you get viewers on twitch...

2 hours ago, Shadzar said:

Doesn't matter, everyone from politicians to fast food uses online media outlets to gauge interest in their products. Recently the WarCraft movie has been promoted as well Taco Bell there. I see twitter all the time exploding with anger towards @babbletr0n over the bugs and problems with the game, other people can check other places, but when the majority of your online presence is filled with anger at your management of the product, you might want to think you are trying to pass of the next New Coke, and should take a closer look at your product, advertising, business model, or something to fix the problem it has, or move on to a new one; which is what most people expect will happen with BnS it will be abandoned and they will move on to only work on that play MXM game that has higher potential for "world championships" as a MOBA.

Also was going to be VERY hard to organize PVP tournaments for somewhere else since NCSoft chose twitch to place its video content as there is more there than on Youtube, and that is where its tournament organizers WERE trying to hold tournaments until that IMP group bailed out while the getting was good.

They chose the platform for their interaction with players, so I am only using numbers from the site they chose to use as the medium to get information out to interested people.

Yes every man and his dog *except old dogs* uses online media to guage interest etc.  BUT............. the gaming world is built on each company demeaning the next and its common knowledge that they invade each others forums and social media with negativity.  While the minority are here on the forums being all negative and nasty the majority are ingame playing and having fun.  Another problem for modern games using twitter, facebook, reddit etc is that their huge player base of older people just don't care to use those things. 

Therefore your quoted figures are flawed to the max and the game is in a much better situation than you are inferring.

8 hours ago, Arnox said:

And most important, when you guys think we are going to get this update? That is if the game will manage to survive that long over here.

Probably around the same time they adjust the XP required for the Hongmoon Levels to the KR values.

1 hour ago, NN13 said:

The BM needed a double CC ability, maybe on Z. Infact, I think every class should have access to a double cc like FM and Summoner. It is a huge help

I run 3, X, Z on knockdown and with boots rather short cd that means when I do it one time it'll be back up almost always by the time a boss can be cc'd again. You can run 2,X stun for variety as well while having 3, Z for knockdown. Really what he has works just fine if you spec for it as far as cc is concerned.

37 minutes ago, Cherish said:

BUT............. the gaming world is built on each company demeaning the next and its common knowledge that they invade each others forums and social media with negativity. 

Yeah? Then how come I do not see anything negativity on Warframe Forums?

Because going by your logic, there will be spies from many game companies that would try to ruin Warframe, given its success.

But all I see in Warframe Forums is players providing suggestions and feedback and the developers acknowledging the problems and actually fixing them.

In fact, I also see Warframe Devs play with the players, during Primetime twitch stream every fortnight.

On the other hand, you claim that all the people posting about the problems about BnS are a part of conspiracy theory. And why would that be? Is BnS that popular or successful? I think not. I mean it may have been popular when released, but now, I am not so sure.

As a matter of fact, these devs hardly play their game. They have literally ZERO idea about what is happening inside their game, which is apparent from the latest stream.

According to you, Imperial is also involved in a conspiracy theory, right?

While the minority are here on the forums being all negative and nasty the majority are ingame playing and having fun.  Another problem for modern games using twitter, facebook, reddit etc is that their huge player base of older people just don't care to use those things.

Forums are always the minority.

But my question is - How do you know the game has a huge playerbase of old people? Also, how do you know that all the old people do not use twitter or facebook?

I have seen plenty of 50 year olds, both in my own family and others around me, who use facebook and twitter more than I do. Well, I admit that they are not gamers, but doesn't change the fact that many old people are active on social media. More so if they are gamers.

Therefore your quoted figures are flawed to the max and the game is in a much better situation than you are inferring.

Therefore your logic about conspiracy is plain .........Nevermind, I might get a warning point for completing that sentence.

6 minutes ago, Shintuan said:

I run 3, X, Z on knockdown and with boots rather short cd that means when I do it one time it'll be back up almost always by the time a boss can be cc'd again. You can run 2,X stun for variety as well while having 3, Z for knockdown. Really what he has works just fine if you spec for it as far as cc is concerned.

I meant a double CC.

Not Z+X or Z+3 or X+3.

FM and Summoners have skills that can apply double CC with one button click, while we need to press 2 buttons.

What happens is that sometimes, due to lag and high latency, I might miss the second button press. Also, though it is my own fault, yesterday, I missed the second button press on knockdown in Sundered Nexus, because I got knocked down myself.

Having a double knockdown or stun or daze is a lot easier. I get it that BM and KFM are supposed to be hard, but a simple thing like a double CC won't make it that easy.

Don't agree to making the cats double stun to a single when the cat doesn't even listen to us when it's in its own attack sequence. and that we lose half our attacks when cat dies. And I'm assuming huzzah to heal party members would have a cooldown because it kind of sounds like summoners would be constantly huzzahing and doing nothing else. Like I'm kind of confused on the huzzahing part. and it seems like they are buffing rumblebees and nerfing sunflower which is sad because then summoners wouldn't be able to deal with mobs that well considering there are no other aoe attack moves unless you tier them out of cc tier. if summoners become a support class rather than a jack-of-all-trades, master of none class, then life sucks.

The Nerf for summoners is simply not understandable. Without the Tab-Double-Stun, we loose our only safe Double-CC. Sure, we can still Double-Daze with 2 and C and Double-KD by V and E, but those are always risky since our cat is prone to being immobilized. We simply don't have sufficient control over our cat. Dungeons like Asura or Nexus will be a pain in the ass that way; especially since - yay, toxic EU/NA-community - people may end up kicking summoners from parties.

I also can't understand, why they nerf our dmg-output that hard and turn Huzzah into party-heal. They just enforce the Trinity they wanted to prevent that way. We more or less already have that Trinity with BM/KFM as Tank, FM/Assassin as DDs, Summoner as Heal and Warlock as Buff-Bxtch. They also turn the combat-system into generic Tab-targeting-nonsense. Sure, it's still not real tab-targeting per se, but i comes close to it since Single-Target-skills actually need a target to being usable.

Neither can I understand, why NCSoft developed such a passion for Melee-classes. They already pushed them really hard in Aion; now in BnS too. Classes like BM and KFM are already strong; no idea why they have to get stronger. Summoner is already one of the weakest PvP-classes in Kore; no need to nerf that class further.

Boy, oh boy, the sorrow is real for Summoners not having everything handed to them without trying like we BM's and KFM's do....xD

You had your fun while it lasted.....

Weakest class? Summoner? I don't know about other regions, but in NA/EU they sure are a lot easier to play than BM and the infamous combo-master KFM. These classes take a hell lot of time to master, along with the fact that you need near-perfect latency and FPS to play these in PvP.

And wait, no, no....Don't give me that "We need to control 2 things - us and cats"...I know how "hard" that is. Afterall, I have a Summoner on my 2nd account and also a FM on my main account, along with my main being BM.

5 minutes ago, NN13 said:

Boy, oh boy, the sorrow is real for Summoners not having everything handed to them without trying like we BM's and KFM's do....xD

You had your fun while it lasted.....

Weakest class? Summoner? I don't know about other regions, but in NA/EU they sure are a lot easier to play than BM and the infamous combo-master KFM. These classes take a hell lot of time to master, along with the fact that you need near-perfect latency and FPS to play these in PvP.

And wait, no, no....Don't give me that "We need to control 2 things - us and cats"...I know how "hard" that is. Afterall, I have a Summoner on my 2nd account and also a FM on my main account, along with my main being BM.

How do compare a KFM(rated expert by NCSoft) to Sum(rated easy)? KFM is supposed to hard!

7 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

How do compare a KFM(rated expert by NCSoft) to Sum(rated easy)? KFM is supposed to hard!

Yes, and therefore more rewarding....I believe devs are going in the right direction then.

Harder the class,more rewarding it should be. Common sense really. And I am not the one comparing KFM to Summoner, you started it...

2 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

And~ the toxic summoner haters have arrived *drumroll*

You cant take a balance change sportingly and cry all over the thread and we are the haters now?

Uh-huh...

9 hours ago, Kuronee said:

could always go helix build :P

But I liked the visuals of DC.  Also, was already working on TRYING to go BM main, having made my BM (what I feel) is perfect for the story we've been given so far. 

1 hour ago, KlausFlouride said:

IF it were PVP changes, then some of the summoners might have made since prior to hongmoon levels, as here the PVP arena was complaining about summoners having it "easy" because they had full access to skill that no other class could use. But that just shows a flaw in the Arena design where you don't have access all skills and skill points for each class when you enter the arena. having different scales of "modes" for classes was something finally done right in an MMO, and they seem to want to remove anything they did right and continue the path to screwing up everything they can.

I can honestly say, I have never seen this "overflow" thing when I was playing and already ate my royal zen bean. game is just too laggy to get sunflower to hit, and bees autotarget are a lot better due to terrible routing since NCSoft wont spend money to get better routing.

I only have trouble getting sunflower to hit on a slope, and have gotten overflow in longer fights.  

The overflow spam is what makes sunflower viable in boss fights. that and its' ability to tag weak summoning adds.   They seem to want to restrict sunflower to open world hunting.

This is retarded, WL did not need another nerf, if anything it needed a buff.  I don't even comprehend why they'd do this to the class.

Summoner should have been left alone PVE wise.

I wish this game had separate skill stats for PVE vs PVP so that PVE can be left the heck alone every time they screw with something because people cry about PVP.

12 hours ago, NN13 said:

Yeah? Then how come I do not see anything negativity on Warframe Forums?

Because going by your logic, there will be spies from many game companies that would try to ruin Warframe, given its success.

But all I see in Warframe Forums is players providing suggestions and feedback and the developers acknowledging the problems and actually fixing them.

In fact, I also see Warframe Devs play with the players, during Primetime twitch stream every fortnight.

On the other hand, you claim that all the people posting about the problems about BnS are a part of conspiracy theory. And why would that be? Is BnS that popular or successful? I think not. I mean it may have been popular when released, but now, I am not so sure.

As a matter of fact, these devs hardly play their game. They have literally ZERO idea about what is happening inside their game, which is apparent from the latest stream.

According to you, Imperial is also involved in a conspiracy theory, right?

Forums are always the minority.

But my question is - How do you know the game has a huge playerbase of old people? Also, how do you know that all the old people do not use twitter or facebook?

I have seen plenty of 50 year olds, both in my own family and others around me, who use facebook and twitter more than I do. Well, I admit that they are not gamers, but doesn't change the fact that many old people are active on social media. More so if they are gamers.

Therefore your logic about conspiracy is plain .........Nevermind, I might get a warning point for completing that sentence.

I know for a fact that from a clan of 80 people only 2 actually watched the stream, the rest just don't care.

They eagerly waiting for the roadmap to happen. So whatever you said about Warframe and blah blah blha, I am pretty sure you're wrong. Oh and I did play Warframe and I did quit. A game can't get any more repetitive and boring than that game. I've been told it has "procedural maps" and new frames and new stuff every week or month whatever, but they all the same, with minor look changes (which because of the game has an alienish nature it's really not hard to come up with), pretty much all the weapons just repeat themselves with minor stat changes or boosts, all frames have almsot the same same skills with different names and animations, and you do the same thing over and over and over and over and over on different maps. There are a couple of game modes, but they never change.

Archived