Bring back community-friendly bots

Ocarion

Hey guys,

one thing I've noticed lately is how some common materials have become incredibly expensive (i.e. Moonwater Tears, leading into higher prices for Moonwater Transformation Stones and Tempered Clay Refiners). Back in the earlier days, these things would've been covered by dozens of bots farming those dungeons, but since NCSoft started banning these accounts prices have become quite unhealthy. I want ro request to revert this policy and to allow bots who aren't harming players, but farming their materials and offering them on the open marketplace. Maybe even go as far as allowing arena bots again, since they provide more players with Gold+ ranks without hurting the environment, thus leading to quite a lot more Soulstones for each and every player.

Please don't troll or flame in this topic. Instead feel free to comment or share your opinion in a sensible manner. :^)

Xeno

OP... it really sounds like your more like saying:

I want to run a bot, but i dont want to get ban'd, so please let me run a bot and dont ban me... 

I wont comment anymore then this as it will be feeding a Troll.  

Well, the way I see it, if the bots do not find their way around the guards, all good: I can play easier content and farm mats for crafting/sale. If the bots come back, the mats will get cheaper, so I can craft w/o having to run the dungeons. Either way, it's not a bad thing. Overall though, the proliferation of bots shows how badly the game is designed in terms of the scarcity of the resources and time invested vs reward. If the most successful players are bots, maybe the model needs revision, like putting Daily restrictions on all dungeons, and giving everyone guaranteed drops instead of the screw-u bid system.

I did ssp the other day without the presence of bots. while I did enjoy the 40-70 prestige per kill it took forever to get those kills and eventually mining phase was overrun with bosses and they npc's died

4 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

and i wish there would be Hujikar bot... i feel sorry for those lv-40's who can't find friends to farm Hujikar.

I think all classes can solo Hujikar at 38-40, just takes a while solo.

Not defending the bots (hate them, especially spammers), but no one is really doing those dungeons anymore to farm mats, perhaps there are more profitable mats around (stingers) for the bots to farm.

TBH, moonwater tear was never a "common" mat to begin with. They were like ~50-80s per piece one time. And only the 4 blue dungeons from Moonwater Plains drop them. It could be now that ppl know NC will be retiring the Pirate path and are (once again) rushing to upgrade weapons, thus a high demand of MWTS = price increase.

And since that is happening, maybe you want to consider to upgrade to oathbreaker path (more expensive, lesser weap bonus, but requires fewer variety of mats)

8 minutes ago, FloreSurana said:

The only good things about bots, is that they do lower boss. And it's really usefull where new players seems to be missing in this game. So my rerolls aprove this post ! :<

Exactly.. Profane Jiangshi and Golden Deva being the primary example of how helpful they are.

I wish that those three destro bots at Profane Jiangshi are still around. They did really outstanding job at tanking and ani-canceling.

At a time.. i visited Golden Deva... there were no players except one destroyer bot.. it jumped in to fight Golden deva as soon as i triggered it. But the bot appears to be less competent than usual and got 1 shotted by Deva.  Then guess what :3 i think i could challenge myself by actually trying to protect the bot X3 

and it's hard.

11 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Well and there i saw many ppl having difficulty running it.  Some got lucky that they got guildies but others were not.

It's not THAT hard, but it's surely annoying. I remember doing it just fine on lvl till I fail to avoid his 'chew attack'. The good thing is that you only have to do it once, since you get a Moonwater Key from a survey on lvl.

9 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Exactly.. Profane Jiangshi and Golden Deva being the primary example of how helpful they are.

I wish that those three destro bots at Profane Jiangshi are still around. They did really outstanding job at tanking and ani-canceling.

At a time.. i visited Golden Deva... there were no players except one destroyer bot.. it jumped in to fight Golden deva as soon as i triggered it. But the bot appears to be less competent than usual and got 1 shotted by Deva.  Then guess what :3 i think i could challenge myself by actually trying to protect the bot X3 

and it's hard.

All attacks from Golden Deva are easily avoided by a 24lvl+, I'm not entirely sure about Profane Jiangshi (done it only 3 times or so).
The idea is that it's a challenge on lvl, and you're forced to pay attention to the game's mechanic and your class skills, or forced to make friends. That can't be a bad thing.

Adding bots (or nerfing the boss) will only make the game boring.

Having lower lvl players doing lower lvl instance and selling crafting material droped there for a higher price, or cap lvl players doing them for profit isn't a bad thing at all. Doesnt that makes people run more dungeons instead of 'buying their way to the top'?

You can always invest real money to avoid grind, since exchange rate is really low now.

dawn the hp of the pig to 600k and the prices of the monwater tear will drop to

PD:i really hate those ppl who sell the moonwater tear in packs of 100... who tha *cricket* will buy 100 moonwater tear? ey smart ass you know what the people do because of your 100 packs? they go to cross server dungeon and they bet fot them until have the 15 for the crafting.

Bots are way more helpful than other players in this game.

I'd rather this game have 99% bots, than 99% players. I'm dead serious.

• Bots are there 24/7, won't complain/insult/be an ass-hole and always available when you need them
  • Toxic/elitist community
  • No one doing non-50 content
  • Forcing players to fight un-soloable content

Need I say more?

Thanks guys, I appreciate that you're with me on this topic. Now let's discuss more about how we solve those issues and which steps NCSoft should take to seperate the annoying, unhelpful spammers from those bots who actually help our community :)

On 5/13/2016 at 7:42 PM, JoannaRamira said:

I miss those bots at profane Jiangshi. They're so helpful in tanking and killing the jiangshi.

lol I remember the destroyer bot who'd be tanking him and die when the boss is around 30% HP, leaving me to solo it D:

On 5/13/2016 at 0:47 PM, Ocarion said:

one thing I've noticed lately is how some common materials have become incredibly expensive (i.e. Moonwater Tears, leading into higher prices for Moonwater Transformation Stones and Tempered Clay Refiners). Back in the earlier days, these things would've been covered by dozens of bots farming those dungeons, but since NCSoft started banning these accounts prices have become quite unhealthy. I want ro request to revert this policy and to allow bots who aren't harming players, but farming their materials and offering them on the open marketplace. Maybe even go as far as allowing arena bots again, since they provide more players with Gold+ ranks without hurting the environment, thus leading to quite a lot more Soulstones for each and every player.

Please don't troll or flame in this topic. Instead feel free to comment or share your opinion in a sensible manner. :^)

Sorry, but honestly, anyone supporting BOTs should be banned as well.

Please, use your brain a little before making demands. Where do you think the gold those bots earn from the market goes to? They just dump them into the trash recycle bin and let the players keep playing?

Only reason BOTs exist is BOT friendly players, and RMT gold buyers that supports them, BOTs have no other reason to exist in a game and they surely aren't here for entertainment purposes.

The proper approach to this is market or loot drop rate adjustment, even something as simple as ranged min/max will help.

Bots are not the problem, they are the result of the problem.

Bots exist because the game is not balanced well around its economy.

Bots to the economy of BnS are what factory automation is to mass production.

Few people will truly want to sit there pressing buttons hours upon hours in order to achieve something that's not even their end goal, (ie the next level of your item) just another step towards the next step of the step that will follow the step that comes before the step that comes before the step that's the step before your final weapon upgrade. And then new patch and get to work on it again.

12 hours ago, Arken said:

All attacks from Golden Deva are easily avoided by a 24lvl+, I'm not entirely sure about Profane Jiangshi (done it only 3 times or so).
The idea is that it's a challenge on lvl, and you're forced to pay attention to the game's mechanic and your class skills, or forced to make friends. That can't be a bad thing.

Adding bots (or nerfing the boss) will only make the game boring.

Having lower lvl players doing lower lvl instance and selling crafting material droped there for a higher price, or cap lvl players doing them for profit isn't a bad thing at all. Doesnt that makes people run more dungeons instead of 'buying their way to the top'?

You can always invest real money to avoid grind, since exchange rate is really low now.

Im trying to protect the Bot.. and it's hard because the bot always stand in the way of Deva X3..she got one shotted all the time.  I myself have no problem at all.

Moonwater brilliant key is better saved for Profane Jiangshi as it probably the last time you will use it to get weapon for upgrading Awakened profane to True Profane weapon.  Rest of the weapon paths can be easily bought using emblems (Pirate or Siren, Silverfrost valor stones etc) or from quest (Oathbreaker path)

My run with Hujikar was.. not too hard except  RNGsus hated me and made me running out of keys.  Then i used my brilliant key.. When i reach profane jiangshi...i had to grind.. quite heavily... luckily there are those three destroyer bots and some people helping me :3 ..... but soon those people got their weapon, leaving me alone with bots. I kill guardians and they proceed straight to tank profane.

I really amazed on how good those bots at their job.. they stayed with me for the whole duration of the grind (But i feel so lonely there as there are no other ppl and my guildies are no longer active), and finally i got my profane axe... but i can't thank those bots because they won't reply at all.

Oh and i remember another bot who stand in for whole two days, farming Lycan without dying. 

Archived