Taiwan vs NA Gearing Up Event...Why Are We So Screwed????

DomiSotto

6 minutes ago, Haxshot said:

What sucks even more is, that you can use the nebula upgrade stones only for a certain amount of time, so you have to grind your ass off to get the mats to upgrade.

And another thing i heard, but i don't know for sureis,  the nebula stones grant us a RNG 10% to 40% upgrade cost reduction, while on TW version it's a flat 50% reduction?!

The Lower tier weapons can receive up to 40% where as say Awakened Scorpio would get 10% because it's a higher tier weapon. And grinding your ass off for mats is what you should be doing in the first place.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chnmmr said:

Unless i'm missing something, I'm not sure the purpose of this event because it does not affect what it needs to... evolution and breakthrough costs.

It will affect Evolution from Stage10 to a new Weapon Tier e.g: From True Pirate Stage10 to True Breeze Stage1. However, it won't affect the breakthrough from Stage 5 to Stage 6, aos the from Stage 6 to Stage 7/8/9 and so on...

Hope u understand. :)

Just now, Chnmmr said:

That makes sense, the announcement wasn't particularly clear to me.  If it'll help me with my evolution to breeze 1, then hurray!

Yeah... I was about to go from Awakened Breeze to True Breeze, when i they announced it on twitter, i just sit back and decided to wait and gathered more itens, hopefully i'll reach Awk Scorpion at once

21 minutes ago, Dgp said:

The Lower tier weapons can receive up to 40% where as say Awakened Scorpio would get 10% because it's a higher tier weapon. And grinding your ass off for mats is what you should be doing in the first place.

What i should do in first place is to enjoy the game and not rush in a hurry through the same dungeons and dailies over and over again, harassed and cheated on by bots and sometimes even get booted out of groups in F8 because i have "only" 532AP (56% cRate, 193% cDamage) while everyone seem to consider 550AP+ now the new norm.

Anyway, even the stones grant 10% to 40% depending on the weapon level, i heard on stream from players that play on TW that they get a 50% flat reduction, no matter what level. Since i don't play on TW i can not confirm this, but it would not suprise me if it's true. We'll see if it's worth it, but i fear it is not.

I'm more worries that someone will start without everyone being ready, cause I know everyone has diff loading speed.

Like me, loading screen is sooo slow, if it can be solo'd or duo, that be great. Don't want mine or other people's run/cd to be screwed over just because people can't wait a few more seconds.

Edit: so our run will be like this? 

48 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

It will affect Evolution from Stage10 to a new Weapon Tier e.g: From True Pirate Stage10 to True Breeze Stage1. However, it won't affect the breakthrough from Stage 5 to Stage 6, aos the from Stage 6 to Stage 7/8/9 and so on...

Hope u understand. :)

If that's the case, it will help, but not a lot.  The evolution costs are just stupid unless you pay for gold or have an insane amount of hours to farm.  Even going from Oathbreaker to Awakened Oathbreaker will cost you almost 60 gold in materials, let alone higher tiers.  Even at a 10-40% discount it's rough for any "casual"  (2-3 hours a night) player to accomplish which I thought was who this patch was supposed to help.  The grind is (still) real.

BTW I think that with this event will be upgrading of weapon even more expensive then now. Coz even if there will be needel less materials to upgrading, more ppl will try to upgrade and will try to buy materials from auction house and there is no event which gives more materials (i dont count rng boxes) -> prices will be higher. Plus time when u can upgrade with less materials is limited .... So  ... what do u thing about that?

It is same as like they lowered amount of materials to craft moonstone trans stones .... price of those stones is higher then before nerf ...

If that's the case, it will help, but not a lot.  The evolution costs are just stupid unless you pay for gold or have an insane amount of hours to farm.  Even going from Oathbreaker to Awakened Oathbreaker will cost you almost 60 gold in materials, let alone higher tiers.  Even at a 10-40% discount it's rough for any "casual"  (2-3 hours a night) player to accomplish which I thought was who this patch was supposed to help.  The grind is (still) real.

It is. I though keeping my fingers crossed that I can manage the Oathbreaker to Awakened Oathbreaker, and if I am lucky, that Stormbringer update because the fact the stone replaces the weapon drop. That drop comes from the GHS, so it's basically a lockout because I dunno about other folks, but getting a drop in GHS is basically impossible... I have no idea what boss it even drops off there. The Wind Weapon before that, have no idea what on the Skypetal plains drops it :( And that's not to mention everything else you need, like the SIlvefrost Mountain Dew, and the endless soulstones.

I dunno if one can possibly grind this event on top of the Soulstones on top of whatever other mats you need on 2 hrs a day :(

29 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

It is. I though keeping my fingers crossed that I can manage the Oathbreaker to Awakened Oathbreaker, and if I am lucky, that Stormbringer update because the fact the stone replaces the weapon drop. That drop comes from the GHS, so it's basically a lockout because I dunno about other folks, but getting a drop in GHS is basically impossible... I have no idea what boss it even drops off there. The Wind Weapon before that, have no idea what on the Skypetal plains drops it :( And that's not to mention everything else you need, like the SIlvefrost Mountain Dew, and the endless soulstones.

I dunno if one can possibly grind this event on top of the Soulstones on top of whatever other mats you need on 2 hrs a day :(

Ya, for me it's not farming the weapons as much as it's farming all the breakthrough materials.  Killing a dungeon we shouldn't be in as 3 players in crap gear is part of the fun, and once we down something, we can usually farm it for whatever weapon we need.  The Soulstones, MTS's, etc are just obscene, not to mention the gold costs.  I could give a crap about PVP, so I won't be doing it to farm Soulstones, so that leaves farming gold to buy them which basically doubles the cost, and it just gets worse.  The challenge should be in obtaining the required weapon, not all the secondary crap you need to actually use it.

I am on the opposite end. I find the dungeons stressful, confusing and overall extremely unpleasant, but if I could get any rewards out of it, I'd do SSP and play Arenas. But, yeah, you need dungeons, dungeons, and more dungeons in this game.

So. How is this event different from TW's?

It is, literally, the exact same. Mechanic-wise, and all, the only difference is level requirements, and potential rewards. o.o

PS: How is the dungeon, or any dungeon, stressful and confusing? It takes 10 minutes to learn this dungeon, and not that long to learn the others. zZz

Seems like another yeti to me with weird mechanics and lot's of annoying mushrooms. But whatever floats their boat. Also *cricket* this forum, why do I have to login 10 times till I succeed once?

Ours will probably have a boosted HP and some aoe that will wipe the whole party out ^^

And the level 36 restriction might have something to do with bots.

1 minute ago, Rhy said:

So. How is this event different from TW's?

It is, literally, the exact same. Mechanic-wise, and all, the only difference is level requirements, and potential rewards. o.o

PS: How is the dungeon, or any dungeon, stressful and confusing? It takes 10 minutes to learn this dungeon, and not that long to learn the others. zZz

its EASY, not meant to be a hard challenge, just eventful fun. 

The description for Taiwan event sounded like it is a relaxed solo run throwing blobs at a final boss. It did not specify the party requirement, while NA clearly did. The NA description also do not clearly state that it is AP-agnostic and that you will be using the orbs like in Taiwan. In fact, that was never confirmed, and that's really important if a timered run depends on the character's DPS or is generated from the environments.

As for dungeons, well, that's what I find them. I have a lot of troubles with wall climbs and glides, because I can never activate the glide at the high enough point of a jump to land on the wall top or the column top, so I always fall down.

The one time I ran Naryu, people designated someone to blast the shields, the second one nobody did, so I have no idea if it happened. I tried to look around to see what this 'opposite color' circle described in the guide was, but did not really see it.

Then, the guides say things like "have a Summoner to tank all three adds", and tbh, I have no idea how I can tank all three adds with one cat, I always taunt one enemy at a time. I was told to pull, I pulled, put the cat on taunt, and another add fried my character before I had a time to react... and things like that.

And the big AoEs you are supposed to press space for, but I never know when, when the white bar turns to green? Does the space even work? I normally just use a keybind for a CD, and it does not work all the time, and I have no idea why sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

But glides, wall climbs and confusing maps are the worst part of the dungeons. Also, when someone runs through, and then everyone is stuck at a slow pace....

All and all, I prefer to slowly and carefully do things on my own or do 1 vs 1, so I don't really have other 5 people around to watch me bumble.

In another game we had raid lead recite the fight and clear the questions before every fight on the TS if someone did not know the mechanics. And, I normally healed. It was way less problematic then here where everyone for him/herself, and, frankly, I have a feeling nobody really read the mechanics anyway. And everyone just have to run all the time.

The TW event is exactly the same as this one, I don't even know where you got the idea that it'd be solo.

If you had done it even once in TW you'd know exactly how it's done here in NA, exactly the same, 1 shot tiny mushrooms, pick up orb, throw at big mushroom, done.

And sounds to me like you just had people that were incompetent and couldn't explain the dungeon to you properly.

I just looked at two available English descriptions. I looked up the Taiwanese one when the event was talked about and it sounded so very nice, because it did not mention a party at all. Just talk to an NPC, go in, do your thing. :( Then the NA description comes out and is like: Load in X-Server! Avoid the AoE pulls! It is a Timer-On Run! No mention of orbs. Your rewards depend on how fast you finish it. Sounds like a nightmare.

34 minutes ago, Rhy said:

Why do you care? You are awesome and have no problems at all, good for you. Have fun and don't try to downplay that not everyone enjoys doing dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I get a slight nausea from doing group-only dungeons, even in games where you could outlevel them (and the surplus on levels + better gear made them "loleasy"). And these were not even endgame ones, thus not exactly hard per say. After a clear, there wasn't the usual relief and cheers of "Yay, feels good to clear it", but more a "Phew, finally done and hopefully never again." But don't worry, I'm not trying to be mean and expect you (or anyone) to understand it. To each their own :-)!

Archived