NC Soft and Cheating... A new approach !

Zanzatora

So, as all of you know, the technique called "animation-cancel" is actually an abuse of system mechanics. In other words, it's a cheat.

Now of course, because NcSoft has been badly handling game balance, some classes simply cannot compete in PvP without resorting to this trick (destro, BD...). I'm not judging.

Because NcSoft is leaving the game to be openly abused, I though I would try an experiment on their staff, see where it went

First phase was to report every anim-cancel player I met in pvp, and since I did quite a lot before Exp event, that meant dozens of players a day. Rest assured, there were also some kfm, sin and sum, not only destros :). Anyways, I was 99% certain nothing would happend on the long run.

Second phase was verification. For long and arduous hours, I tracked the people I had reported. Except for 1 bot blinking summoner hack, none of the players were affected by the report. This phase took place 2,5 weeks after initial reports : plenty of time for their so-called " as these investigations take time  " I'm pretty sure anyone of you who has ever reported a player has seen this copy-paste xD. I wouldn't even be surprised it was the same copy-paste as other NC games........... but anyway.

Now that I had concrete evidence that NcSoft doesn't give a rat's fart about this kind of cheating, I though it may be time to ask them directly. So I wrote a simple ticket... The part about me representing a group of players is actually true, 2 of them even are destros, hoping for their class to be fixed... *lol*...

The answer from the staff speaks for itself, enjoy...

Zanzatora Yesterday at 23:49

Hello,

I have been reporting dozens and dozens of player using the cheat called "animation-cancel" for the past weeks. It would seem this cheat widely spread, so much that some players probably don't even know it's a mechanic-abuse cheating technique : that is because you haven't done anything to fix it nor prevent it.

So my question is this : what are you doing ?

That is a very troubling concern to me a group of friends who are seriously thinking of leaving the game : a handful of them had seen this kind of cheat on Aion, and NcSoft had done nothing to prevent it.

In hope of a swift and decisive response,

A group of concerned players

GM Devinitia Today at 01:26
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this incident.

We understand that their behavior can be frustrating and we appreciate your patience, as these investigations take time. After we investigate the matter we will take appropriate action, based on our findings.

However, please understand that privacy concerns prevent us from discussing our methods or the results of our findings. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Regards,

GM Devinitia
NCSOFT Support Team

Blade and Soul is supposed to be such a great game, I waited expectantly for it ever since it was first announced in KR... Now I feel I should just leave, as with many cash-shop games, the ones who run the game aren't the developpers but the commercial staff, many of my friends shared that belief (they left the game T_T), and some do, but still have hope things can change (at least they had before I shared this post xD)...

So my fellow players... What do you think about NcSoft's answer and their attitude ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are already million of threads like this. it has been mentioned and said it won't be removed, stop wasting your time. its a feature that is a must for certain classes EG Destroyers otherwise they will become very much useless.

Congrats, you got a typical response from the GM.

You get the exact same response, word for word, for reporting people that hacks, mass bots, people that afk in cross server dungeons, and harassment.

He might did get the typical response which shows they don't even care enough to sort out the dumbest tickets but this guy needs to understand ani-cancel is not an exploit. It's a feature in pretty much every modern GAME. Yes, not only MMOs; people in CS:GO are ani-cancelling left and right.

You're only making trouble by reporting innocent people, try focusing on actual issues.

Ani-cancel is a joke.

It PUNISHES those with high ping and has no effect for those lucky enough to have a internet (+PC if applicable) to abuse this damn thing.

Try doing damage with 250-300 ms ping, you CAN'T simply because all your skills collide with another, every skill needs to be pressed 5+times to get it to work.

All the skills register on my UI, BnS just can't handle repeated keystrokes in the time it takes to send+receive this information so I sit there praying to god that just 1 skill will work when I want it to. (back step anybody?) 

Pet pin never works on summoner, on top of the lmb/rb destro combo attack speed for me is just a joke on how slow it is when there is another beside me going ham, that is IF the lb/rb combo don't completely break my skill bar and make 1/2 my skills un-usable (if this is ping related or not I'm not sure yet).

Just for one day I would love to be able to have a day with no rage, no swearing my face off because I simply can't skill OR having finally got attack speed to a decent clip, the boss moves or I have to move and try to get this going all over again.

38 minutes ago, Boscodash said:

loooooooooooooooooooool. ani-cancel is cheating, whats next? FMs pressing spacebar in arena should be bannable. in a few days you will get a response saying they are closing the ticket. 

They are already calling BD for jumping while using phantom grip as system abusers so wouldn't be surprised. People did want jump to be disabled in pvp.

NA NCsoft actually does none of the fixes at all. The only thing they do is collect and report it to NC East for them to *Fix* it and port it back to NC West. Just like NA Tera, NC West does nothing until they get the "okay, go" from NC East.

I've played several MMOs that allowed animations to be canceled, that's not something new and definitely not a cheat. It's just a matter of knowing when an attack will do its damage during its animation and using a different skill at the right now to cancel the longer animation with a shorter one while still doing damage from the previous and current attack both. It's really just people optimizing their damage output more. Removing this would be bad due to the boss's enrage timers. Daybreak removed it from DC Universe Online and it was an unpopular change, removing the ability to cancel animations but that game didn't have enrage timers on bosses like this one does.

11 hours ago, Zanzatora said:

So, as all of you know, the technique called "animation-cancel" is actually an abuse of system mechanics. In other words, it's a cheat.

It is only a cheat if the game devs do not allow it. In BnS, they actually balance their classes based on the cancels and they are considered "advanced skill" by the player base. Don't blame the devs if your ping to server sucks and you cannot even get to perform the cancel in a very limited time frame.

This is like going to WoW forum and call the players cheating when they use multi-box SW to play multi-chars at the same time, when the devs allows it.

I had never though of animation cancel as an advanced skill, to me it clearly is a mechanic abuse. It is completely different from the BD jumping or not : that is a kind of skill the devs will activate or not.

However canceling an animation is to abuse the system : it goes against the "normal" animation of skills. If you read carefuly the EULA, it goes in that way too.

Destro is a broken class of course... If ani-cancel was to be removed, it would need a small revamp. But very skilled destro have enough CC that they don't use ani-cancel burst that often in the end (at least the very skilled ones I saw).

Anyway :D here's the following of the ticket... Clearly as many players have said : NcSoft doesn't give a sh..t about ticket's content lol, their answer is sooo out of target.

Zanzatora Yesterday at 09:03

Hello,

Have you even read the content of my ticket ? This shows a blatant lack of any respect towards your players.

Please make sure to provide a real answer to our questions.

GM Venus Yesterday at 12:00
Hello,

Thank you for the update.

We understand that you wanted for the hackers present in-game to be banned. We would like to inform you that we are doing our best to eradicate these players on our game, and we are doing counter-measures in order for the majority of these hackers to be removed at a single time. As for this, we can only ask for your patience and understanding as we are creating a work around for this.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. We only hoping for your understanding and patience.

If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

GM Venus
NCSOFT Support Team

animation canceling was in archeage, its in alot of games its hard to remove unless they want every class to have a .03-.05 second cast timer on their skills which would just ruin the game and basically make the classes especially melee to be dead in the water and unable to beat hard bosses.

i'm pretty sure there is animation canceling in world of warcraft as well.

rather then worrying about those who "cheat" by animation canceling worry about those who are actually cheating by using hacks, macro's and bot programs. because yes using a macro in this game for your skills is cheating.

1 hour ago, Zanzatora said:

I had never though of animation cancel as an advanced skill, to me it clearly is a mechanic abuse. It is completely different from the BD jumping or not : that is a kind of skill the devs will activate or not.

However canceling an animation is to abuse the system : it goes against the "normal" animation of skills. If you read carefuly the EULA, it goes in that way too.

Destro is a broken class of course... If ani-cancel was to be removed, it would need a small revamp. But very skilled destro have enough CC that they don't use ani-cancel burst that often in the end (at least the very skilled ones I saw).

Anyway :D here's the following of the ticket... Clearly as many players have said : NcSoft doesn't give a sh..t about ticket's content lol, their answer is sooo out of target.

If it was illegal why would it be allowed in a world tourney? Yeah thought so. 

17 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

If it was illegal why would it be allowed in a world tourney? Yeah thought so. 

This. Exactly. In KR BNS you wont see a Destroyer above gold that doesn't ani-cancel. Desroyer and KFM are two classes that are built around this feature. Otherwise every class pretty much has their own version of ani-cancel. It's not a glitch at all. I don't even understand how this topic is being entertained for as long as it has been.

This topic most likely came from someone who cannot use this "feature" that others can enjoy.

I am in the same position as OP as I cannot use this part of BnS at all. 

If ani-cancel was to be removed damage of skills would have to be upped by quite a lot, Lets compare as (example) Two Destroyers: someone who can hit lets say 15 times in 9 seconds vs someone who can only hit 8-9 times, is losing SO much DPS it is not funny. Try doing timed floors in Mushins Tower where  your attack speed can be 50-60% slower than (one who can ani-cancel) as you try to time every skill just right so it isn't cancelled or just goes "nope try again kappa".

I am in that position where my rage is higher than my damage for everything I do on my destroyer. Same AP same gear (as summoner) and cannot do Floor 7 just because of a simple "feature".

He can't kill me, I just can't kill him in the time allowed.

Happy times.

There is animation cancelling even in the oldest MMORPGs like Ragnarok Online. Is it cheating ? Nope, because it uses the game at its full potential. Only when you modify the game to bypass / replace each animation, then it's called cheating.

I guess you have absolutely no clue how animation works in games, and how they are programmed. If you want to disable animation cancelling, you'll need to change everything in the game. Why ? Because you'll need to add fix delay on every action you can perform. Which means that if you want to dodge an attack by moving around monsters, you won't be allowed to do so as it will be disabled with that fix delay.

So, basically, if you want to remove that kind of gameplay, you need to revamp all the game. Well done, I guess it'll be easier to play as a ranged class afterwards as it'll be the only way to dodge attacks.

So, basically, you are so stubbornly adamant about your own opinions on something that NCSoft themselves explicitly allowed and ended up building the game around, that you are wasting the GM's time arguing your ticket over and over while expecting us to give you a pat on the back for some reason?

Archived