Kick Button required

Shalyma

Dear NCSOFT 

we are tired of afk ppls during dungeon, especially this happen in istance where not be necessary dps of 6 ppls like Frozen Fang, and everyday everytime 1 member of group go afk at start and we CANT kick him so what to do? nothing... free daily for afk averyday everytime? nice job NCSOFT!!! 

So maybe u scared to give a kick button in dungeon coz this can be used like an abuse? And suffer every dungeon a afk player isn't an abuse? uh?

GZ!!

Seems to have gotten really bad over the last week or so as 80% of the parties I've been in have had someone afk in them. Although afk isn't exactly accurate. They simply follow along and stay just outside the room where everyone else is fighting. At the moment I just leave the party and find a new one. I'd rather start over than give some low life a free ride.

I can appreciate that a kick button could lead to abuse, so at least give us the option to report these people when in cross-server dungeons! 

6 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Seems to have gotten really bad over the last week or so as 80% of the parties I've been in have had someone afk in them. Although afk isn't exactly accurate. They simply follow along and stay just outside the room where everyone else is fighting. At the moment I just leave the party and find a new one. I'd rather start over than give some low life a free ride.

I can appreciate that a kick button could lead to abuse, so at least give us the option to report these people when in cross-server dungeons! 

There is no point on reporting... See bots/hackers situtation... we report them, they're always there.

They must add a kick option even if people abuse it.

31 minutes ago, EasleyRR said:

There is no point on reporting... See bots/hackers situtation... we report them, they're always there.

They must add a kick option even if people abuse it.

I'd settle for the report option still. I've been in games that have had kick options in pug groups and the damage that has caused has been far worse than people afk'ing. If there were a kick option then it would need to be locked down enough to avoid abuse especially with the sort of daft elistism that goes on around here.

18 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

I'd settle for the report option still. I've been in games that have had kick options in pug groups and the damage that has caused has been far worse than people afk'ing. If there were a kick option then it would need to be locked down enough to avoid abuse especially with the sort of daft elistism that goes on around here.

In S4 League there's a kick option were a majority of ppl have to vote. There's still abuses of course, but we can avoid cheaters this way. And there is a afkind countdown too. If you don't move for too long, you're kick. Yeah then some of d***head just press a button against a wall and that's it. But we still can kick them.

1 hour ago, Shalyma said:

Dear NCSOFT 

we are tired of afk ppls during dungeon, especially this happen in instance where not be necessary dps of 6 ppls like Frozen Fang, and everyday every time 1 member of group go afk at start and we CANT kick him so what to do? nothing... free daily for afk everyday every time? nice job NCSOFT!!! 

So maybe u scared to give a kick button in dungeon coz this can be used like an abuse? And suffer every dungeon a afk player isn't an abuse? uh?

GZ!!

There is no need for a kick button.

Spend some time and learn how to make your own group by stating a simple AP number that is within reason.

By doing so, you can make a group of players who will not stay afk in the entrance.

So take some time and think about it, without simply pressing the LFP button.

It might result into making friends even from other servers with people that play the same hours you usually do your daily's making it simple to get your dungeons done. 

Just because you can't invest some time to learn the existing system, that dose not mean that there is a need for a kick option. actually there is for people who disconnect.

29 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Simple. Everyone will have to vote for it.

Cuz when i'm on Cross-Server and use the "LFP", i rly don't care if i match with a Low geared player(there has ppl that does, but not majority) no matter the dungeon if it's heroic or not.

Thats why ppl enjoy this to stay afk at entrance or just follow and stay out of combat all time.

The same happens on pre made party aswell, i've seen ppl with 500+AP afk on pre made groups, the only solution to this is everyone get back to DG gateway and leader exit to lobby and kick the person, but it does take some time, and the number of ppl afk is increasing every day as they know they can't be kicked, have to do nothing and still be rewarded.

Thats why we need a kick option, would help alot. I'm sure this wouldn't dmg that much as it's now with that many ppl going afk.

55 minutes ago, Lia Kare said:

Spend some time and learn how to make your own group by stating a simple AP number that is within reason.

By doing so, you can make a group of players who will not stay afk in the entrance.

It might result into making friends even from other servers with people that play the same hours you usually do your daily's making it simple to get your dungeons done. 

Just because you can't invest some time to learn the existing system, that dose not mean that there is a need for a kick option. actually there is for people who disconnect.

No maybe u dont unterstand the situation.

1- I never say that i use LFP button, i recruit ppls in lobby dungeon.

2- I never say that the person who stay AFK are bot, they are just lazy ppls who stay afk entire dungeon.

Do you want an example, this morning i was in group with a Destroyer level 50 HM 7 with 500++ AP, after a first room he say "brb phone" .... never come back, EASY DAILY WOW!!

GZ to NCSOFT who can advantage afk.

Btw this problem will be solved when this thing lead to 4 person on 6 will stay afk so cant do dungeon. Then maybe NCSOFT will do something. Im not interested to report them tbh i WANT MAKE MY FACKING DUNGEON WITH ALL PPLS, i dont care if that person will be punished or not, i want just play as game intended. 

1 hour ago, Lia Kare said:

I guess u didnt even understand...

We clearly know the "existing system"

And no matter if it's LFP or pre made group, ppl just stay afk.

I have seem someone 680AP afk.

I never experienced people going afk after i make my groups for any instance. You must be really unlucky. Solution to this problem? Convince the rest of the group to leave the dungeon and re-create a new dungeon. By Leaving the person that stays afk in the dungeon until he returns to his pc or tabs in to see if everything is proceeding as planed. That would be a nice lesson to that behavior than anything else. Funny part is that the game don't get you out of a dungeon when other's leave the instance. You must walk to the exit. So yea, solutions to problems exist, patience to use them seems rather non-existent... 

shouldnt be a kick option, that can be abused so easily. no what they should do, which will make it fair is this:

If you dont do any damage in the first 3 mins of the dungeon, you get automatically kicked.

14 minutes ago, SweetJust said:

shouldnt be a kick option, that can be abused so easily. no what they should do, which will make it fair is this:

If you dont do any damage in the first 3 mins of the dungeon, you get automatically kicked.

Or simply, if you don't take part in a fight (don't even do 10 auto attacks on a boss) not be eligible for loot. Let's hope this thread gets some attention from the dev's..

Just now, Lia Kare said:

Or simply, if you don't take part in a fight (don't even do 10 auto attacks on a boss) not be eligible for loot. Let's hope this thread gets some attention from the dev's..

That could be a good option as well.

Sadly I dont think the dev are reading up on these forums, being its an old game. That wont get that many alternative options than what exist in tw already

I approve of the kick button, 5 votes for kicking = 1 kicked. Democracy at its finest. 

Will this occasionally be abused ? Yes

Will that suck for the victim ? Yes

Am I sick of beggers / afkers / bots / rude / arrogant / mean people (not mean to me, idgaf bout me) ? Yes

When I queue for a pug group I desire to be treated with the same respect I treat others (meaning be prepared and participate). I have the appropriate gear and I know the mechanics well enough to clear it. I am friendly and courteous and would love for people to act in kind. 

Agreed.

Or, they should have a system where you get kicked within X minutes of not moving and/or taking damage. Don't even say "Oh I don't take damage because I iframe everything huehue git gud". Just stop, lol.

Things to add (compiled your ideas):

1. Kick function. A popup will show up similar to the auction popup asking for votes. All remaining members must vote for it to pass.

2. Report function.

3. No loot from boss unless you contribute (as to how much, that's up for discussion).

*4. Auto-kick for afking for a certain period of time. (Optional imo)

I want a button to avoid being recruited by parties who have passed the first dungeon. In some cases it means I won't get all my quests out of that dungeon, so I'll have to run it again. In other cases, I'm forced to listen to people call me "noob" and "slow" even though they were still recruiting half way through the dungeon, and I can't jump to catch up while they are fighting. Frankly, all the griping increases the chances I will mess up and log out: then those bright sparks will have to recruit and wait all over again.

It wastes other people's time as well as mine when I keep getting sucked into the same party that's already too far into the dungeon for me to join. Even if I leave right away, they have to recruit again.

Anyway, I think it would be useful to be able to specify up front that you don't want to join parties that are already past the first stage. Mechanics-wise, this could make use of the same flag that prevents leechers from the final auction.

2 hours ago, Bardo said:

those people who dont want this option

What motivates these people ?

Do they like to see people harassed / tortured.

Who are these cruel people that dislike society and fear justice from peers for there transgressions. Do these people admit in those threads they are the ones afk in the entrance ? Do these people admit they are the ones in queue for Yeti with 307 ap ? Are these the people that berate new players because they made a minor mistake ? 

What argument can be made against a kick feature ?

Archived