Add a kick option with the DPS Meter and punishment for players not bringing their A game with good gears

With the DPS Meter coming out, i think it'll be the perfect time for us to get a kick option that would activate on certain players if they don't do enough damage.

Using 100% of a boss's hp divided by 6 in 6 man party would require each player to do 17% damage at least. 100% divided by 6 would be around 17%. Any player that does lower than 15% of the boss's hp would start being kickable. In 4 man each player should do at least 25% of the boss's hp as 100% divided by 4 is 25%. Players doing 20% or less would start being kickable.

I am tired of dps classes not doing enough damage even with good gears. My FM has everything maxed out now except for the 500g AP gem. But when i still had only awaken pirate and true siren accessories about 2 weeks ago, i was doing naryu with a destroyer that had true pirate and true siren accessories which means overall his gears were better than mine and i somehow still out aggro him in all bosses. And he had like 20 ap higher then me and he still didn't do his job at holding the aggro. Now i may be range but that doesn't matter as he has better gears than me at the time. Today my gears surpassed him. And i totally understand if both fm and destroyer had the same 460 ap than fm will get aggro in the same ap and gears of course. But what im saying is these people who has better ap but still fail to hold aggro needs to be punished like being kickable or getting less in the loot reward like this destroyer im talking about.

And that's why people like OP should only be allowed to play with imaginary friends who are just as awesome as he is rather than normal people with jobs who can't grind all day.

If you're unhappy with groups don't PUG.

You can take your elitist attitudes to your own made parties and leave the pugs out of it. If damage is so important you should be running with clan mates anyway. :P I always do 4-man with my clan, because they're fun and dependable. I would love a DPS meter just to see how well I'm doing, but its people like OP that a lot of people hate seeing a DPS meter show up. Aha.

0/10, brought to you by the genius that posted this :

I shit you not:

If players enters Bloodshade with anything lower than Awaken Pirate and 45% crt from soulshields than that player will get a warning and if they repeat this a few times than they will get locked from this dungeon for a week.

A new system that auto kicks anyone with less than true siren in the 24 man nightshade raid and auto kick anyone with less than awaken siren in the 24 man blackram supply raid.

Why stop there though? Maybe we can get NCSoft to develop some sort of headset that you had to wear to play the game which would deliver an electric shock if the game decided you were just phoning in the dps. It could start out as a little tingle as soon as you dropped below the 17%/25% threshold to a teeth rattling, skin searing level if your dps hit 5%/10%. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what would happened if you went afk (or had really bad lag!)

Come on NCSoft! Make it happen! Save us from these dps slackers!!!

Assuming you aren't trolling; I am in full support of a DPS meter and your reason for wanting one is completely wrong and the exact reason people do not want one implemented into this game.  The elitism that is oozing from your logic isn't even that uncommon.  Too many people expect too much out of everyone else.  Not every player is willing to use the proper rotation, applying all their abilities under every GCD.  In fact, several of my friends don't even have that capability.  What I do expect is people doing the right things at the right times.  As long as they're trying, it doesn't bother me.  Just the other night I ran BSH and tanked every boss 100% of the time as a BD.

I want a DPS meter to measure my own performance to others, not the other way around.  Use it to improve yourself, not to rage at others.

5 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

Why stop there though? Maybe we can get NCSoft to develop some sort of headset that you had to wear to play the game which would deliver an electric shock if the game decided you were just phoning in the dps. It could start out as a little tingle as soon as you dropped below the 17%/25% threshold to a teeth rattling, skin searing level if your dps hit 5%/10%. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what would happened if you went afk (or had really bad lag!)

Come on NCSoft! Make it happen! Save us from these dps slackers!!!

Can we have something like this also for the forums too?  Like deliver a shock to them if they post way too much about bots or dps meters for example?  The possibilities of what it could do would be limitless

1 minute ago, Zerecas said:

On a rational thought, if everyone is dealing 100,000 damage in overall while there is that one member dealing like 40,000, in this circumstance, he deserved to be kick if the party wanted to.

No.

Maybe he is busy tanking, or lagging, answering to an important phone call or fixing a broken mouse. Or even he is not that good at the game. That is no reason to boot anyone from a party. If it bothers you so much then you should explicitly state when party making that you dont want any people with lag, real life or broken mice.

I support a party kick for people who plain afk, but not for doing less dps.

6 minutes ago, Amkatar said:

No.

Maybe he is busy tanking, or lagging, answering to an important phone call or fixing a broken mouse. Or even he is not that good at the game. That is no reason to boot anyone from a party. If it bothers you so much then you should explicitly state when party making that you dont want any people with lag, real life or broken mice.

I support a party kick for people who plain afk, but not for doing less dps.

At this gap of dps, I doubt 'he' is actually getting the aggro, let alone tanking. Players should not be in dungeon with others if one have important real life matters to address with. When I said 100,000 and 40,000 for an example in the entire progress of a dungeon, the gap is so big, he shouldn't even be playing in the first place. No one wants to carry you without any permission beforehand. If you know you are lagging, don't even please, you're just a burden to everyone else in the party. 

Edit:

Besides, given that the implementation of kick option has been applied, we don't even need to observe the DPS meter to justify who should be kicked out of the party. This can be very abussive in the wrong hand. The harm it caused can be easily outweigh what everyone loses their mind on, DPS meter.

4 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

At this gap of dps, I doubt 'he' is actually getting the aggro, let alone tanking. Players should not be in dungeon with others if one have important real life matters to address with. When I said 100,000 and 40,000 for an example in the entire progress of a dungeon, the gap is so big, he shouldn't even be playing in the first place. No one wants to carry you without any permission beforehand. If you know you are lagging, don't even please, you're just a burden to everyone else in the party. 

Allow me to reproduce the thoughts of 90% of the playerbase.

13 minutes ago, Vengerin said:

55058554.jpg

Not sure why is my post relevant to the 'elitism', unless I get your idea wrong.

What I have spoken of, is simply some common senses. 

When an objective has been made, there will be winners and losers, similar to DPS meter, there will be one highest and one lowest. I do not support the idea of kicking one just because he is the lowest or just because his dps is slightly lower, say 5%?

Even if you're tanking or whatever it is, you certainly may not be able to compete with the pure dps roles but the gap SHOULDN'T be vast at all, no good tankers simply spam block and do nothing.

I don't mind carry a new player IF he willing to understand the mechanism, I, as a True Pirate user cleared Naryu with 5 True Profanes, that is the only low gear party I've encountered that actually capable of clearing and willing to learn. If they don't, then please, new player is no longer an excuse, you are no longer a newbie, you are just a stubborn noob.

I'm pointing at those players full of craps in their excuses. Real life matters taking up almost 50% of the entire progress for example, is no different than an afker, so is the heavy laggers. 

haha noob, destroyer getting aggro? how? dest don't have threat skills, for dest getting agro you need let him do lot damage while you afk and then you also need low your dps. Go play alone.

Also you want a KFM or BM to aggro not a dest lolz

1 hour ago, Exposing Hackers said:

With the DPS Meter coming out, i think it'll be the perfect time for us to get a kick option that would activate on certain players if they don't do enough damage.

Using 100% of a boss's hp divided by 6 in 6 man party would require each player to do 17% damage at least. 100% divided by 6 would be around 17%. Any player that does lower than 15% of the boss's hp would start being kickable. In 4 man each player should do at least 25% of the boss's hp as 100% divided by 4 is 25%. Players doing 20% or less would start being kickable.

I am tired of dps classes not doing enough damage even with good gears. My FM has everything maxed out now except for the 500g AP gem. But when i still had only awaken pirate and true siren accessories about 2 weeks ago, i was doing naryu with a destroyer that had true pirate and true siren accessories which means overall his gears were better than mine and i somehow still out aggro him in all bosses. And he had like 20 ap higher then me and he still didn't do his job at holding the aggro. Now i may be range but that doesn't matter as he has better gears than me at the time. Today my gears surpassed him. And i totally understand if both fm and destroyer had the same 460 ap than fm will get aggro in the same ap and gears of course. But what im saying is these people who has better ap but still fail to hold aggro needs to be punished like being kickable or getting less in the loot reward like this destroyer im talking about.

can i have an auto kick option for when u enter my party?

just so i don't have to deal with your bad ideas and elitist values.

I would've got kicked if it were up to the party leader and his friend. I entered bloodshade harbour with just under 350 attack and 23k hp (which is low), but I figured that soulburn helps contribute to the team and I've already done it on my main with on the low end of hp. We got to the first boss and they wouldn't even attempt it. They put the whole blame on me for being a jerk for entering with low gear. They even set loot to master loot to try and get me to leave (I don't bargain with their elitists. They could have easily left themselves at the start and have no right to call out on what is or isnt enough for matchmaking. Granted I know a lot of people will suck with low gear, but lets be honest, its bloodshade harbour and with the release of naryu soul shields, it shouldn't be so hard. They eventually left we got a new team, someone accidently bid a gold on a shit item since the loot rules were still messed up and we beat the dungeon even though 4 of us were under 29k hp. People need to grow up and stop relying on good gear to get them through dungeons that are not that hard. It's not like I'm entering naryu labyrinth. All they ended up doing is waste the other people in the party's time.

Anyway the point is while kicking would be a good tool to get rid of afk leechers/bots, An addition should be carefully considered and probably not at the same time as a dps meter as people will more likely abuse the tool if they connect the two like that.

Jeah let's make players kickable because one person is totally overgeared and did 30% of the damage in 6 man.

Jeah let's make destroyers and lbm kickable for grabbing the boss instead of dps'ing himself.

Jeah let's make other classes kickable for the same reason. FM saved our sorry asses with his ability? To bad for him he didnt do dps in that time.

Warlock used soulburn in a balanced party. Hell jeah let's make the class that benefits the least kickable for not doing enough damage.

Let's make people kickable for their internet connection because they cant anicancel properly. Let's do that and create a 2 class community.

Oh and dont forget to make people kickable for not doing any damage on bosses because the boss was weak and his group didnt wait for him to even arrive.

All valid reasons. Good argument. 10/10 would vote for it. Let's do this.

Sarcasm over and out. This is most most idiotic thing i've ever heard and i actually hoped it was a troll post at first -.-

No he mean this realy ^^ lol seriously this cames from a FM ... a range class, mostly just staying or circling and hitting 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 oh wait that was WoW, but its the same. a Melee class have to avoid AoEs, block, counter etc that lowers always the dmg, not to mention skills that support the group like destros Grab, but hey lets just do plain dmg, and whipe cause no skills any AoE protection... pls God let brain rain for some ppl ...

Archived