Option to Vote to kick in dungeon

Menowapi

Hello and Thank you for your time. 

This question is mostly towards the devs and I ask this with the intention to prevent bots from joining dungeon dailies. So its fine and I would agree if the bots attacked and help clear but they just enter the instance/dungeon and then go afk until the dungeon is cleared. This is how they farm easy silver at the cost of everyone else's work. I am sure that NCSoft is already trying to figure out a way to deal with this and I honestly hope they are and deal with it soon. What I'm asking is the "Option to Vote to Kick" someone inside the dungeon. This way members can just vote out the bot that is joining the run. One of the reasons why I write this here on the forums is because earlier today I decided to do dungeon dailies to farm some moonwater tears. The problem I encountered was extremely annoying and time consuming. I would join a party through dungeon finder and as soon as we load past the dungeon lobby the people will disband the party because there was a bot in the party. This happened over and over until finally the 5th party was all players. NCSoft and Players across all servers it is time we stand up and do something about this plague that has corrupted our beloved game. I can continue with bots in Arena but I will finish this post here. 

I honestly hope that we get some results soon because this is a constant struggle we the gamers/players are dealing with and it is somewhat discouraging for those who cannot play the game and enjoy it based on a constant market of bots/gold farmers. Please I ask you sincerely to help us out and to keep this game enjoyable for us all. 

Thank you,

Menowapi

yeah the bots and afkers in dungeons are extremely annoying. ive been trying to find reasons to pay for a sub but knowing that NCsoft does nothing to stop bots and leechers from afking in dungeons all day is really the only thing preventing me from doing so.

00:51:35 What are plans for dealing with bots in 3v3 and afk in dungeons? We’ve talked about this a lot, we did a huge bot ban over the weekend, we’re constantly working on this as a top issue. Vote kick is a difficult issue, has potential for even worse abuse. Master loot issue has been solved.

Source:

Mostly the main reason why the vote-to-kick option wouldn't be available.

I don't see how vote to kick has potential or even worse abuse. Other major game's like World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy 14 have it and they don't seem to have a problem with it. I seen someone mentioned that vote someone off during loot phase well then vote to kick should be deactivated during loot phase. Here's another suggestion why not make it if you're not in combat for 3-5min you will be removed from the party. League of Legends disconnects you if you're AFK more then 5min. We have to come to a solution to the problem and reporting bots all day is so frustrating. I know that every time I report a bot they're 100 more lining up to spam or afk in dungeon or 3v3. I know you guys are working hard and I honestly hope the problem gets settled especially for 3s in arena because I have had matches where I have 2 afk in my party, and I had another match when first 2 people to fight were both afk. That is bad for players who are trying to learn how to pvp in this game. Well I can say a whole lot more but I know you guys are aware of the situation and how its affecting gamers. 

Thanks again

Menowapi

I have a hard time thinking of a reason to not auto kick afkers. I mean, really, can we get any good reason?

If you go afk for whatever reason and get kicked from a dungeon it sucks right? Yeah but you are slowing down your team/being a damn bot and leeching off your team, it's only natural.

It just blows my mind how a bot can just get in any dungeon and just stay there in front of the entrance or walk around and be paid from our bids and get dailies done.

Bots can do whatever they want in this game, they can do PVE leveling, dungeons, PVP 1x1, PVP 3x3, they can whisper you, send friend invites (got like 20 just today, even after I blocked them), it just doesnt seem like people are taking this matter lightly.

This game has a HUGE playerbase, specially for high level and first level dungeons there's always lots of people on the cross server lobby and you can get into a dungeon pretty fast, I have no idea why wouldnt they implement an option to kick out AFKs and make an option to kick people when at least 4/6 of the players agree on it. 
If any GM can read this and give me their reasons to not let us do anything against bots besides reporting I would like to know.

Just that few min ago some afk dude outbidded everyone on tears and then just left.

Problem is that sort of action will just make others abuse it too coz if he can troll me i for sure can troll other ppl too.

Wouldnt be surprised if we suddenly had dungeon run with half party afking and then wondering why isn't anyone moving ...

It's a simple solution... Anyone who AFKs should be marked and the Vote Kick option occurs... They do this in Elsword and it works, it keeps people active. And I mean MARK them, don't just mark them as AFK then when they move they are suddenly not AFK. If they don't move within the next however many minutes (I dunno, something like 10 mins?) then mark them as AFK and people can vote to kick.

There's no flaw in this particular method as the AFKer is marked and if people wanna vote to kick said player it's within their power to do so. If they AFK and the party have allowed it, at best they will just run dungeon marked as AFK but they can still run the dungeon (again this concept is on Elsword and it works). The reason marking people as AFK works is because if they suddenly start moving right when you finish the dungeon and they wanna bid, you can just kick them out of the party for AFKing all the way till auction started. I can say marked AFKers shouldn't be able to auction and the party lead should be able to allow or not allow them to participate but the concept becomes too confusing in terms of how it will be programmed so just marking people and allowing for Vote kicking marked AFKer should be a good enough defense system for AFKers. 

As for bots, I can't really say much. If they are active in a dungeon run, at least a bot does something... You can just use the original vote kick option for a bot. 

I don't know why it is such hard to put this option in game.

There are several ways to put in place as well to prevent people abusing the kick option.

1) Kick Vote option will be disabled during boss fight

2) Kick Vote option will be disabled when boss is dead

Kicking is not needed.  Removing all rewards for not participating will fix the problem and there is no way to abuse it.  After the XP, silver, daily completion and ability to bid are removed the AFKers and Bots will just stop coming in.  It's a pretty ez fix and I'm baffled why it hasn't been implemented yet.  As it is they don't even have to enter the dungeon to get rewards.  It's pathetic.  Definitely keep reporting them though.  One can only hope this has some benefit.

39 minutes ago, Randomonium said:

Kicking is not needed.  Removing all rewards for not participating will fix the problem and there is no way to abuse it.  After the XP, silver, daily completion and ability to bid are removed the AFKers and Bots will just stop coming in.  It's a pretty ez fix and I'm baffled why it hasn't been implemented yet.  As it is they don't even have to enter the dungeon to get rewards.  It's pathetic.  Definitely keep reporting them though.  One can only hope this has some benefit.

This will cause more issues.  There are always people who rush to boss and leave other people behind.  You want to lock them out of that as well?

I'm also keen to Vote to Kick option. I cant see how can it be abused. This option is needed not only bacouse of afkers, but also bacouse of leechers. Devs made dungeon requirements so low, u can join 45+ lvl dung on 27 lvl. What you gonna do there? nothing. What can you stop from doing that? nothing. People just come along and leech on others hard work (not only low lvls, but also brand new 45 with shitty infernal wep and 39lvl soul shields etc). You may say "find a clan". Yeah, sure, but even in clan you wont have ppl do to stuff with you whole the time. 

Recently i have dungeon with 1 afk and 1 guy that ragequitted. We couldnt even kick a offline dude bacouse afk didnt vote kick. 

My solution: Bote kick button as a pop up window. It would have timer (lets say 10-15 sec). If you dont press "no" in this time, it counts as "yes". All players (but the kicking one) have to agree. This way any afk can be easly kicked and the button wont be abused, bacouse u would need 5 ppl agreeing on abusing that. If you still get kicked by some groups, just come with 1 friend. that will be enough to not kick you (since he would push "no", you wouldnt be kicked).

VOTE KICK BUTTON IS A MUST IN MMO. 

I agree with this, as long as a certain amount of the party votes on it for it to work, not bound to just the whims of the leader. A reasonable amount would be 3 or 4 votes (although this can very depending on the party size).

2 hours ago, Riata said:

This will cause more issues.  There are always people who rush to boss and leave other people behind.  You want to lock them out of that as well?

Don't be silly.  It would only affect those who don't participate.  If someone gets all the way to the boss before you can do anything you are doing something wrong, as in AFK leech/bot  wrong.  The system would work pure and simple and is hopefully what they are working on as they have said already a votekick option isn't happening.  I have seen that abused and removed time and again in other games.

18 hours ago, Randomonium said:

Don't be silly.  It would only affect those who don't participate.  If someone gets all the way to the boss before you can do anything you are doing something wrong, as in AFK leech/bot  wrong.  The system would work pure and simple and is hopefully what they are working on as they have said already a votekick option isn't happening.  I have seen that abused and removed time and again in other games.

If you meant participate in the whole dungeon run, then you still cannot fix the AFK issue.  People can just kill one mob, and go AFK.  Bots can even programmed to kill one mob and go AFK as well.

when will this stuff ever gonna be fixed\implemented ?

1- Kick Vote Option in cross server dung !!!!!! there is now like 2-3 ppl afkin and its getting so annoying

2-Mailing to alts in the same account !!!!!!!

3-after the new patch lyn blade dancers gets out of stance !!!!! not sure if i am the only one having this problem or the bot destroyers in arena use some kind of hacking program !!!!!

4-addin as friend bots this is the worst kind srsly even tho i block them idk how but they add me after the block !!!!

a reply from a gm rly wud be nice :( at least give us a date or what u guyz are workin on atm !!!!!!!!!

ty in advance

Votekick can and will be abused from the elitist small kids that play the game.
You are not top geared while entering a mid range dungeon? kick

You miss 1 shield piece while running a daily? kick

Your character look bad and is not cute? kick

Your computer take 0.0002 seconds more than their to load the dungeon? kick

You have more brain and skills than them? kick

Also consider that if i votekick  player X, usually the other party members just press Yes without consider if the kicked one done anything wrong, because "if voted then let's kick him, who cares why"

This is what is going to happen with this very bad community (i start to think LOL got better community, really)

23 hours ago, TopKEK said:

It's a simple solution... Anyone who AFKs should be marked and the Vote Kick option occurs... They do this in Elsword and it works, it keeps people active. And I mean MARK them, don't just mark them as AFK then when they move they are suddenly not AFK. If they don't move within the next however many minutes (I dunno, something like 10 mins?) then mark them as AFK and people can vote to kick.

There's no flaw in this particular method as the AFKer is marked and if people wanna vote to kick said player it's within their power to do so. If they AFK and the party have allowed it, at best they will just run dungeon marked as AFK but they can still run the dungeon (again this concept is on Elsword and it works). The reason marking people as AFK works is because if they suddenly start moving right when you finish the dungeon and they wanna bid, you can just kick them out of the party for AFKing all the way till auction started. I can say marked AFKers shouldn't be able to auction and the party lead should be able to allow or not allow them to participate but the concept becomes too confusing in terms of how it will be programmed so just marking people and allowing for Vote kicking marked AFKer should be a good enough defense system for AFKers. 

As for bots, I can't really say much. If they are active in a dungeon run, at least a bot does something... You can just use the original vote kick option for a bot. 

this is what we need^

7 minutes ago, rembro said:

Votekick can and will be abused from the elitist small kids that play the game.
You are not top geared while entering a mid range dungeon? kick

You miss 1 shield piece while running a daily? kick

Your character look bad and is not cute? kick

Your computer take 0.0002 seconds more than their to load the dungeon? kick

You have more brain and skills than them? kick

Also consider that if i votekick  player X, usually the other party members just press Yes without consider if the kicked one done anything wrong, because "if voted then let's kick him, who cares why"

This is what is going to happen with this very bad community (i start to think LOL got better community, really)

this is why i dont support vote to kick option^

Archived