Please, im begging give us kick option.

Zerathul

So today i was in naryu lab with almost all 460+ group. i wasn't really paying attention on first boss and died somehow. than some flamer called *removed* started whining about me being dying in first boss and we wont be able to kill last boss, lol on a 45 lvl dungeon. so i told him to leave, he said i ll, then he didnt leave instead he stayed afk and ppl left cause of him. He was the leader so no1 could invite, in the end only me and *removed* left in group. he didnt even leave after half hour:) this happened to me 3rd time and im sick of those kids.i have very limited time to play cause of work and those ppl ruining my fun. i can share screenshots about him being enjoying about staying afk and making mad.. but dunno if its allowed to share ss of other players.

Hey, this just came in another topic, let me post what I wrote there:

"Unfortunately people go afk even now and there is no mechanism to kick them.

Deep in solution space - for me the the perfect mechanism would look like this:
1. You play - follow group, dps - everything is fine, you are not "kickable"

2. You are AFK for some time - you become "kickable" and the party can vote-kick you"

I can extend it by adding the following: kicking based on AP/gear is stupid - high AP player with bad rotation does significantly less damage whan a lower AP player with good rotation. However, if someone does less dps than a certain treshold, he/she could bekome "kickable" - which would hinder trolls just folloing the party and throwing a punch or two from time to time.

15 minutes ago, MerlinBG said:

2. You are AFK for some time - you become "kickable" and the party can vote-kick you"

I've thought this for ages. They can do a 1% +damage check on bosses already...and even then you can fail to get loot from Blackwyrm and others because you didn't do 1% dmg due to the number of people (or that lag :/ ). Obviously this wouldn't be an issue in 4/6 man dungeons. So wth they haven't implemented the same for dungeon bosses I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Rrecall said:

I've thought this for ages. They can do a 1% +damage check on bosses already...and even then you can fail to get loot from Blackwyrm and others because you didn't do 1% dmg due to the number of people (or that lag :/ ). Obviously this wouldn't be an issue in 4/6 man dungeons. So wth they haven't implemented the same for dungeon bosses I don't know.

Yes, exactly. Actually for 6-man instances I think the treshold can be easy around 5%. I mean, equal DPS distribution is at 16%, if one cannot contribute 1/3 of this, possibly really does not belong in this dungeon. But really no hard opinion on this, I would be happy also with 1%, as long as the kick option is there and not always available.

Well problem there were more problems than making dmg for the loot in my case. Cause that player stayed afk was also the group leader, so we couldnt recruit any1. he was typing(trolling actually) but was doing nothing and saying he enjoys me being mad. so thats it group is gone forever. so is there anything i can do to make him suffer from what he did?

I totally disagree with the kick option. 

While it is useful against botters/afk'rs it will be extremely abused by the elitist jerks, and this game is really full of small brainless kids that will kick you only because your computer takes 0.0000001 milliseconds more to load the dungeon or you miss 1 shield piece or you are simply more skilled than them and they cant accept it.

Im sure there can be lot better way NCSoft can do to stop botters or afk'rs in dungeons.

"Pray for don't have what you desire..."

If this kick option existed, and with the eltitists wouldabe proKR players, rampant in the community, you would have been the one kicked...

You died in the first fight... it would have been unbearable by most of this type of players :)

And that's the problem with the kick option unfortunately. Happened in GW2 where you'd get to the end boss, and you'd get kicked so they could sell your spot for gold. Damned if you do, damned if you don't :/ There will always be someone who abuses one method or another. And NCSoft don't seem to care about this or bots imo.

2 hours ago, Zerathul said:

so is there anything i can do to make him suffer from what he did?

Bad news, but I think not. Max you can report him, although it is highly questionable if such reports can be processed in a meaningful way.

2 hours ago, rembro said:

I totally disagree with the kick option. 

While it is useful against botters/afk'rs it will be extremely abused by the elitist jerks, and this game is really full of small brainless kids that will kick you only because your computer takes 0.0000001 milliseconds more to load the dungeon or you miss 1 shield piece or you are simply more skilled than them and they cant accept it.

Dude, it would be totally cool if you read first before you leave comments like this. Of course kicks based on gear/AP are undesired.

Hey, specially for you, let me quote myself. Pay attention on the underlined part, but actually this is covered also in point 1.

5 hours ago, MerlinBG said:

I can extend it by adding the following: kicking based on AP/gear is stupid - high AP player with bad rotation does significantly less damage whan a lower AP player with good rotation. However, if someone does less dps than a certain treshold, he/she could bekome "kickable" - which would hinder trolls just folloing the party and throwing a punch or two from time to time.

NCSoft ain't even considering a kick option, so these threads are pointless. Other than just to rage, of course. To the OP, leaving the party and finding another takes a lot less than 30 min. :/

Kick option creates more problems than it solves, so there it is.

I don't understand why people are against kick option, it is available in every game since like 10 years back.

If some idiots abuse it, who gives a shit, their loss.

Having no kick option on the other hand forces people like me to be extra carefull with who I invite (rarely play cross server cuz...{insert topic title})

I am no elitist but I keep my gear updated every content patch and I don't go afk, if you are like me you should have nothing to fear from a kick option.

And before i get flamed for being a kid with all the time in world to have my gear updated, I am 29 years old with a full time job and i play from  17:00 to 21:30 with a food break of 30min, on weekend a few hours more. So with that said you just need to use your time better if you wanna play with the big boys/girls

6 hours ago, MerlinBG said:

Hey, this just came in another topic, let me post what I wrote there:

"Unfortunately people go afk even now and there is no mechanism to kick them.

This idea is brilliant! We need to implement it ASAP! Developers! Where are you? We have someone with a great idea! :D

kick option? bad idea.

all mmo I played with kick option have a very long ques time for dungeon. why? you ques for 30 min and get kick because " sry! guild run" *kick.

so players are not queuing anymore for dungeon. kick options is been abuse more than what it suppose to be.

I am glad that there is no kick  option in bns so that I dont have to wait more than 1 min for every dungeon and I can complete dailies fast. 

with kick option, take forever. 

what i think the system should set a minimum overall gear  requirement for entering the dungeon. I dont think bots come to dungeon with good gears.

as for those afkers and leechers with so call "good gear", they are simply pathetic, just leave them.

I'd much prefer the occasional vote-kick abuse by elitists over the system we have now, where one guy can ruin the entire run for 6 people and there's not a single damn thing they can do about it but leave and start over.  GIVE ME A VOTE-KICK OPTION AND ALL THE BAD THAT COMES WITH IT.  It's far more preferable.

Look at it this way: if the whole party votes to kick me at some point in the run then I didn't want to run with them anyway.  They would have inevitably found some other way to d*ck me over.  It's better in the end if I just find a new group and try again.  If I keep getting kicked then maybe I'm the one being a d*ck.  ;)

I agree with other players, but the elitist players will take advantage over it and kick whoever they want. We can have the same system we have with vote kick rather then the party leader kicking people.

One thing they need to do is put requirement to prevent people with lower gear in runs like the lvl 50 raids. so they can improve from there. 

Yesterday i had a person in Nayru lab and he/she had awaken profane sword and kept on dying(cancer to the run). we told that person to leave several times because we didn't want to carry them. we had to make the boss kill the player in order to complete the run and 5 man it.

there is actually a simple solution for this. 

RANGE IMPLEMENTATION. if you were not within "XX" range when the monster died, you receive no exp nor drops for it. But noooooo, everyone gota complicate stuff. Also implement death punishments in dungeons (which can only be avoided if a party members revives you)

Can people still leach? sure. Can they go afk? absolutely not. can you punish leechers? yup, draw agro and release it (class dependent tactic)  and dont revive them when dead. 

Just leave and find another party.

15 minutes ago, Fayiola said:

I agree with other players, but the elitist players will take advantage over it and kick whoever they want. We can have the same system we have with vote kick rather then the party leader kicking people.

One thing they need to do is put requirement to prevent people with lower gear in runs like the lvl 50 raids. so they can improve from there. 

Yesterday i had a person in Nayru lab and he/she had awaken profane sword and kept on dying(cancer to the run). we told that person to leave several times because we didn't want to carry them. we had to make the boss kill the player in order to complete the run and 5 man it.

If you can 5 man it , one person is far off in being a problem 

9 hours ago, MerlinBG said:

Yes, exactly. Actually for 6-man instances I think the treshold can be easy around 5%. I mean, equal DPS distribution is at 16%, if one cannot contribute 1/3 of this, possibly really does not belong in this dungeon. But really no hard opinion on this, I would be happy also with 1%, as long as the kick option is there and not always available.

the problem with that merlin, is that what if your helping a friend or a random stanger for that matter run a noob dungeon like adders nest or w/e. if your on ur decked out 50 ull basically 2 or 3 shot the boss. they may not even get a hit in at all.

Vote kicks are probably the best option, since I don't see NCSOFT even bothering to code a detection system for afks and leechers. This way the party has to agree to kicking a person if they want him out, otherwise one bad egg isn't going to do shit just because they're on too high a horse.

13 hours ago, Richard Rahl said:

the problem with that merlin, is that what if your helping a friend or a random stanger for that matter run a noob dungeon like adders nest or w/e. if your on ur decked out 50 ull basically 2 or 3 shot the boss. they may not even get a hit in at all.

Well, no, no problem in this scenario :)

You see - this system still depends on the vote-kick - meaning your friend will become "kickable" and the party can even decide to vote-kick him, but if YOU disagree, as part of the party, your friend will simply stay. Period. Vote-kicks have to be approved from all, no change in the existing mechanism, just extending it to cover also online players, not just offline.

13 hours ago, Karurosuda said:

Vote kicks are probably the best option, since I don't see NCSOFT even bothering to code a detection system for afks and leechers. This way the party has to agree to kicking a person if they want him out, otherwise one bad egg isn't going to do shit just because they're on too high a horse.

Well, this is not entirely correct - the detection is already there and used for methering the DPS on the faction field boss. So it just has to be enabled for dungeon parties. AFKers and slackers will fast fall below the treshold.

19 hours ago, Syanonn said:

The AFKs are invading the 50 blue dungeons :(

And the next day, the AFKs are invading 6-man 50 purple dungeons... see people with 480+ AP just leeching. Some will follow you but not do anything during fights, some just stands by entrance.

Archived