We need a kick function

amorent

A lot of afks in dungeons who we cannot kick, additionally, even in purple dungeons more and more people join premades and then just say "brb 2 mins" and then never come back, or come back only when the group reaches the final boss, and we have to carry them. This is unacceptable and just promotes people being jerks to fellow players. Why do we have to deal with is? 

This functionality is basic... I have no idea why it isn't in the game, and every patch that passes without it is a complete and utter travesty.

Last week alone I'm entirely certain I 2-manned more 4-man dungeons than not. I've started just leaving - I don't care to carry that 330AP through Yeti and I certainly won't be carrying an AFK *cricket* through.

I understand that we could use this option, but, it will be abused a lot when it comes. Just look at how people use it in other games.

I rather have a few afk in my group than people abuse the kick option. I seen that for so many years playing online games and it's NOT funny.

4 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

I voted for this. I would love to have the kick function back so I can kick those bots that join my pug dungeon run..

Along with anyone with less than 500AP and is not a FM, VL or SM or basically kick anyone you don't like general or after they screw up. Nice!

3 minutes ago, spongemike said:

Along with anyone with less than 500AP and is not a FM, VL or SM or basically kick anyone you don't like general or after they screw up. Nice!

No I dont kick those. As long as someone is participating and hitting boss/mob, I will be fined. 

And no, I am not one of those people who required people to have certain AP to join. I have also never complain if anyone screw up because human makes mistakes and so do I sometimes so who am I to judge or critic them? I will kick if someone rushes the dungeon and BBQ'ed everyone else.

You must have lots of bad experience with those asses huh? If you are on Old Man Cho, friend me, we run together :3

3 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

No I dont kick those. As long as someone is participating and hitting boss/mob, I will be fined. 

And no, I am not one of those people who required people to have certain AP to join. I have also never complain if anyone screw up because human makes mistakes and so do I sometimes so who am I to judge or critic them? I will kick if someone rushes the dungeon and BBQ'ed everyone else.

You must have lots of bad experience with those asses huh? If you are on Old Man Cho, friend me, we run together :3

I actually have very little issue. Being a FM lot's of people don't really care but I can see how others can abuse it. Also with several alts  (LVL 50FM , lvl 47 summoner, lvl 46 BM, lvl 41 WL and lvl 22 KFM) I actually haven't meet any bots in dungeons. Some people do go afk but they usually come back after a min or two.

I am against having a kick function for dungeons. Sure, there are some players who won't kick people because of their AP or because they mess up, but there are also many players that will. I haven't seen many bots in dungeons since the Silverfrost update. Also, some players that seem afk for the beginning of the dungeon may just have bad lag. I can't afford a better computer, so loading screens take several minutes for me. In Avalanche Den, my game doesn't finish loading until the team is almost done throwing snowballs at the miniboss. Since I play as a destroyer, I could see a lot of teams kicking me because they think I'm an afk bot when I'm really just waiting for my laggy game to load.

I can see a pre-made party short 1 member and decided to pug for 1. They ran everything and then vote kick the pug one so they don't have to share the loot with that guy...Easy to abuse if we have vote kick option since most value items are biddable by any classes the sell on market board.

i think they don't have a kick function because that shit would be abused like no tomorrow people kicking till they find suitable ap, what would be better is an auto kick if u dont move for idk 5-10 min u automatically get kicked form party

6 minutes ago, Moistz said:

i think they don't have a kick function because that shit would be abused like no tomorrow people kicking till they find suitable ap, what would be better is an auto kick if u dont move for idk 5-10 min u automatically get kicked form party

This i would vote for. System kick is ALWAYS the best option. Player kicks wil and has always been abused.

I got sick of afkers&bots joining dungeon and don't participated and doubt nc wouldn't implement that function anytime soon.

So I don't use lfp anymore.

Put very least ap restriction group up then so far didn't see afkers.

It will be tempo method to get rid of nasty bots and A,Fkers.

Considering the nature of this games "community," having a kick option would result in players getting kicked right when the boss is about to die so the leader can ninja the loot. It'll be the exact same people doing this as start bosses before the rest of the party is in boss room, or rush ahead before everyone is loaded in and then QQ that they have to wait for them to fight through the mobs left behind since the one who rushed got everyone stuck in combat.

What the game actually needs to combat these problems is afk kick timer combined with some mechanic to assure everyone is actually loaded in before people can start moving. STO has this perfectly covered, afk in instance and you get 2 hour ban from all instances and no rewards. Also every newer instance has 45-60 seconds countdown timer at the beginning to encourage better communication and teamwork.

The last thing this game needs IMO is any system that makes it easier for people to be jerks because, let's face facts, if only 1 in 6 is a jerk that is enough to ruin everyone else's fun.

I've seen a couple afker/bots in 3 purple dungeons. The guy/gal was a destro HM7, and through out the fight he just stands a far doing nothing. Guess he's got a life time to waste.

Player kick is bad, but group kick yes with some other mechanic to insure pug don't get screwed over. Even if not that, at least give us x-server bot report option inside the dungeon! So frustrating that there is not way to eliminate future behavior repeated from the same player.

I was in a cross-server dungeon the other day and we vote kicked somebody offline. So not every group has this vote kicking thing? Sorry if this is a newb question. Still sorta new to this game.

52 minutes ago, Moistz said:

Most of the dungeons only take 5-10 minutes. May as well leave and reform.

The only reason I can think of anyone would ever be against adding this basic functionality into the game would be is that they rely on carries rather than doing dungeons they're suited for. And in those cases, they should be kicked.

Yes, but with more information added to the status of the players :

I'm often taking longer than the average player to load a dungeon.

While loading I look like an afk / bot  because my character appears in the dungeon and I can't move while watching

those really nice loading pictures and memorizing all the wonderfuls hints :)

It would be nice to have just a "Outside dungeon", "Loading", "In dungeon" label for each party member.

IMO there should be 3 solutions implemented:
1. Player who don't move for 3-5 min should be kicked by system with party leader confirmation. (in most cases he's afk leecher)
2. Offline players should be kicked by voting or by system after 3 min.

3. Party should have an option for vote kick ALWAYS.

This is ridiculous, when you enter more difficult dungeons and if some party member leaves u get 350ap lvl 49 on Avalanche Den. Sorry, but noone is willing to carry such low character in this dungeon i had such situation few times, and i met some players who don't understand when you write "please leave, this dungeon is not for you yet"...

Archived