Giving up on this game.

NUMS

So I filed a complaint against someone who scammed me 150Gold.

GM replied "Because this trade is not supported by NCSOFT, we cannot reimburse any lost items and/or Gold. Please avoid these types of trades, in the future, to avoid further frustration."

So the "GIFT" trade from using Ncoin is not supported?....

Ohh I see. Copy and paste from certain files makes you a GM. NCrap give me a 2nd job please, I can be lazy too.

GG

I wont do a trade for anything more valuable than a few gold as everyone has heard the horror stories of folks like you.  I guess I should thank you for being an abject lesson in how NC has not made a secure trading system and you should avoid using it for anything you value.  I've heard most of the scammers disconnect mid trade but have no idea how that results in them getting your stuff and you not getting paid.  I'm sure it wouldn't be prudent to detail how they do it here lest more evildoers take advantage but I am curious as to how NC screwed up a basic system like this.

You were already lazy by not forcing the person to go first or take screenshots. This isn't what you want to hear, I'm sure, but you were the one not exercising precautions here. Playing Devil's Advocate for a few seconds here, how would they know you just didn't like a person and want to claim they scammed you? Or what if you actually did get what you want but the end result wasn't what you desired? Couldn't you just lie and said the person did not give you anything?

For that matter, rather than me presuming you have no evidence, I will just ask you. Do you actually have solid evidence that the person scammed you? There's a reason this isn't condoned by NCSoft (despite the shitty situation with currency exchange) but the person at fault here is you.

Of course though, this will probably be met with "omfg these NC fanbois white knights" and all the other bullshit people seem to circle jerk around here. Point is, don't blame NCSoft though for your *cricket* up especially if you don't have any actual proof.

In the future, add anyone you are gonna trade with to your friends list. Seemingly the friends list cannot be escaped and you can harass them in game until they return what is yours or there name is so ruined they are forced to leave the game. You win either way.

21 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Of course though, this will probably be met with "omfg these NC fanbois white knights" and all the other bullshit people seem to circle jerk around here. Point is, don't blame NCSoft though for your *cricket* up especially if you don't have any actual proof.

Actually (smartass) I have given a massive amount of proof thank you which I don't have to explain to anyone because its for the support ticket only (from when we first started, to the money traded and then him going offline with nothing sent) and yes I do blame Ncrap because every other game they have made seems fine, everything is tradeable or sellable on the market. This is the first game I have ever seen to have a "Gifting" System.

So maybe next time don't presume that people have fcuked up, it sounds like you are a judgy character...talk about judging, you seem to be the type of fat lazy kid to sit on a computer all day playing video games considering you have 1028 posts up your sleave.. but hey I don't presume or talk nonsense about anyone.

• Moderators

Hi Everyone,

This is a reminder that personal attacks have no place on the forums. If you are unable to discuss this topic without resorting to insults this thread will be locked and disciplinary action will be taken where appropriate.

If you feel that another forum user is being abusive towards others, please report the relevant posts and the moderation team will take appropriate action.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Team Blade and Soul

Seriously, i pressume you are scammed from trying to buy trove keys? Being an mmo player i'm sure you should know that game developers don't suppprt the buying of in game currencies from external parties or buying of cash from players right? Further more the game already has a currency exchange it is you people who refuse to use it due to the bad rates or what so ever. You have no one but yourself to blame for wanting to get the easy way out of buying whatever you were scammed of instead of using legit means and trusting the wrong person. Gift system as you can see the word 'gift' is meant for presenting an item to someone else for free and not to be used as a system of trade? 

Even if the gms were to response to you. Most of not all games do no refund scammed amounts but the most will do is perma ban the scammer, which is what i feel ncsoft should at least do. 

3 minutes ago, GrandChariot said:

Seriously, i pressume you are scammed from trying to buy trove keys? Being an mmo player i'm sure you should know that game developers don't suppprt the buying of in game currencies from external parties or buying of cash from players right? Further more the game already has a currency exchange it is you people who refuse to use it due to the bad rates or what so ever. You have no one but yourself to blame for wanting to get the easy way out of buying whatever you were scammed of instead of using legit means and trusting the wrong person. Gift system as you can see the word 'gift' is meant for presenting an item to someone else for free and not to be used as a system of trade? 

Actually no one said anything about buying from external parties or buying cash from other players. again, people just assume and talk talk talk.

As the game states it has an build it "Gifting" System, where other players (who have ncoin) can send gifts to other players (for free or bought other wise). And this is a legit way of using "Ncoin's" or even trading "Hongmoon coins".

Obviously what you're trying to trade through gift cannot be traded on the marketplace and the normal trade system or you would have, so lets leave it at that.

"Gifting" is when you send someone something and not ask for anything in return? That is why it is a one way thing? It is obviously not a trade system, and if you think that it is, I feel sorry for you.

What you are doing comes with risk and you jolly well should have known it. If you're not willing to risk it don't do it or at least find someone that is at least trustable.

2 hours ago, NUMS said:

So maybe next time don't presume that people have fcuked up, it sounds like you are a judgy character...talk about judging, you seem to be the type of fat lazy kid to sit on a computer all day playing video games considering you have 1028 posts up your sleave.. but hey I don't presume or talk nonsense about anyone.

> Talks about people being judgemental

> Proceeds to be judgemental

Genius. Hopefully they punish the scammer at least. Anyway it's not really too surprising they have this stance. Purchasing as a gift is not implemented as a safe trading way so it's pretty much do so at your own risk. Unfortunately there are going to be a lot of toxic people willing to exploit others. I can understand that you'd be frustrated, but there's never an excuse to be hostile. All it means is that you're not much better than the other scum.

Now you can either realise that you've been overreacting and taking it out on those that don't deserve your hostility. Or continue on with your stubborn wrath. One leads to improving oneself, the other leads to lowering yourself.

4 hours ago, NUMS said:

So I filed a complaint against someone who scammed me 150Gold.

GM replied "Because this trade is not supported by NCSOFT, we cannot reimburse any lost items and/or Gold. Please avoid these types of trades, in the future, to avoid further frustration."

So the "GIFT" trade from using Ncoin is not supported?....

Ohh I see. Copy and paste from certain files makes you a GM. NCrap give me a 2nd job please, I can be lazy too.

GG

so, u purchased Something which NCSoft Doesn't Support or Directly Want in the game, and Expect NCsoft to do something about?.. u got Scammed Because ur trying to play the game in a way GMs don't want it to be played, Selling Direct NCoins would give Paying Players ALOT of power through the game, the Currency exchange supports giving fre eplayers HM Coins, which is their Supported Method, they don't want NCoins becoming a Sellable method. at the end of the day, if ur trying to use ur own methods to achieve u have to accept the Fault is on urself and Not the developers,

u need to learn what "Gift" means, a Gift is not something you have to pay for, its Something a player gives u out of generosity, they want Players to be able to help their friends, not Sell NCoins on for a Profit, gift is something u receive at Christmas, what ur using it for is Commonly Referred to black Marketting.

its like RL.

U can go abroad buy tobacco, bring it back to England and then GIVE it away as a Gift, providing you can prove u received no payment for that transaction, however, it is ILLEGAL to make profit from it, perfect example of the games stance on NCoin Sales. I'm pretty sure they 1) State it clearly intheir terms and conditions and 2) have time and time again proved they do NOT LIKE Ncoin sales through game.

I'm almost certain ,that NCoin Selling/buying will become bannable in the future of this game.. its abundantly clear they don't want this trade within their game.

Im usually first to come down on a company to own up, but in this case, I can't back you up.

If they wanted players to be able to trade gold for ncoin, they'd design the game to do that. Don't take an insecure method intentionally, then want GMs to clean up after you when the rules say not to do that kind of trade in the first place.

Lol, guy does a risky transaction outside game mechanics and then wants support to clean up his shit. Like they're the guys behind the elephant with the shovel. You think if they hardly fixed legit messes they'd fix one you made? Hardly. 

6 minutes ago, VRock said:

ncsoft can't do shit about your gold since the trade wasn't made using trade system ingame! If you use trade system and  take pics of the scammer they will support and temp ban the scammer.

NCS can very easily do a trading system for gifted items, but they just rather have the players take the risk.

8 hours ago, NUMS said:

Actually (smartass) I have given a massive amount of proof thank you which I don't have to explain to anyone because its for the support ticket only (from when we first started, to the money traded and then him going offline with nothing sent) and yes I do blame Ncrap because every other game they have made seems fine, everything is tradeable or sellable on the market. This is the first game I have ever seen to have a "Gifting" System.

First, a gifting system does not entail that that one should go and purchase NCoin from another player. It simply means that you CAN gift an item to another player. It does not entail that the action be reciprocated by any means.

Second, it's fun to read only what you want to see. 

9 hours ago, Enamour said:

For that matter, rather than me presuming you have no evidence, I will just ask you. Do you actually have solid evidence that the person scammed you? There's a reason this isn't condoned by NCSoft (despite the shitty situation with currency exchange) but the person at fault here is you.

I implicitly ask you if you had proof. Yet, you resorted to "I have proof but I'm not going to show you guys!" which makes me doubt it but hey, maybe you actually do. Who knows? 

8 hours ago, NUMS said:

So maybe next time don't presume that people have fcuked up, it sounds like you are a judgy character...talk about judging, you seem to be the type of fat lazy kid to sit on a computer all day playing video games considering you have 1028 posts up your sleave.. but hey I don't presume or talk nonsense about anyone

Rather presumptuous ourselves, aren't we? What I may or may not be irl has nothing to do pertaining with this subject. You only further discredit your argument. Although, I do love when people use post counts as an insult rofl. Considering the fact you can literally be in the middle of cooking or working and reply to things (as a lot of people read the forums while at work); but again, this has nothing to do with the subject.

8 hours ago, NUMS said:

Actually no one said anything about buying from external parties or buying cash from other players. again, people just assume and talk talk talk.

It has been stated numerous time that NCSoft does not support trading NCoin for gold.

9 hours ago, NUMS said:

talk about judging, you seem to be the type of fat lazy kid to sit on a computer all day playing video games considering you have 1028 posts up your sleave.. but hey I don't presume or talk nonsense about anyone.

D: omg, what am I

Oh nevermind, I indeed am a fat lazy kid who plays computer games all day.

@Topic: much like many other games, this game doesn't explicitly support people trading cash shop items - as evident by them being mostly character bound. It's done, likely, as a monetization strategy for people to buy their own stuff - like the premium membership, which they went out of their way to make unobtainable without real cash.

But they can't go banning people left and right for gifting each other stuff, that's why the gold-for-ncoin transactions are possible, but not in any way guaranteed or secure - which already scares quite a lot of people away from doing them. They're not going to ban the person that scammed you & reimburse you as that would technically make those transactions "secure" - which beats the point.

And that's what they mean by "you can do them at your own risk". It means "we don't like you doing it, but it'd make us look bad if we punished you for it". And here's your own risk.

11 minutes ago, Enamour said:

First, a gifting system does not entail that that one should go and purchase NCoin from another player. It simply means that you CAN gift an item to another player. It does not entail that the action be reciprocated by any means.

Second, it's fun to read only what you want to see. 

I implicitly ask you if you had proof. Yet, you resorted to "I have proof but I'm not going to show you guys!" which makes me doubt it but hey, maybe you actually do. Who knows? 

Rather presumptuous ourselves, aren't we? What I may or may not be irl has nothing to do pertaining with this subject. You only further discredit your argument. Although, I do love when people use post counts as an insult rofl. Considering the fact you can literally be in the middle of cooking or working and reply to things (as a lot of people read the forums while at work); but again, this has nothing to do with the subject.

It has been stated numerous time that NCSoft does not support trading NCoin for gold.

Well they dont suport even their servers and game barely how could you even thinnk they would suport any type of anything in their own game....

This game is one big scamfest from 'NCsoft why would you think they would not allow scamming in their game....

I hate Ncsoft / I like bns but sadly NCsoft is driving this trainwreck of the p2w scam fest train death parade so thankfully i can only add salt in forums cause my big dissapointment in them thankfully i am not longer on board. My advice for any other player is run with money until Bns be taken by company that give damn about their game.

To be quite honest, I don't see what's wrong with being scammed. True, it sucks that's why when I buy something from the store I make sure I buy it from someone trustworthy but ncsoft has clearly said, you are allowed to do it but it's not a safe way to buy items at all then followed with using the currency exchange. This is probably the one of the very few times I would back them up on this but it was 100% your fault for getting scammed and to be honest, they shouldn't be banned for it. You need to take pre-cautions  about this things, check with other people and see if this guy is reliable, add him to your friends list since that's the only way to gift, check out his gear and his alts. Do anything possible to make sure he's legit. The chances of someone letting the person buying the item with gold to go first is slim since real money > fake.

Long story short, sucks to be scammed, be more cautious. 

Archived