Who are your favorite characters in B&S?

Oxygen

Spoiler.

Well I don't blame Jinsoyon for what she become.Mushin injured her master,put the blame on her and lyed to the old farts,which mindlesly followed him and almost few times killed her.If something like this happen to you,I doubt you`ll like a sheep wait to be killed,right?

Julia - the Warlock Master is cute yeah.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, naii said:

Oops! Completely forgot aha thanks for reminding me...but pls help me idk how to hide text 

No problem,I am afraid I don't know how myself but you can always put a line and write spoilers under this line or just write *spoilers* before them..I think that would be ok.

@Teffy

Quoting you:

"If something like this happen to you,I doubt you`ll like a sheep wait to be killed,right?"

I will defend myself ofc but won't kill the whole world and many innocent people for it.Jinsoyun did far more than a self defense..She didn't only self defend but she also found it ok to violate other's rights.

"Wouldn't you do the same if you were in her place?" or "Jinsoyun is not to be blamed"

Used to see people giving a reply similar to this ^ when someone would say that Sasuke (from Naruto shippuden) is evil or whatever..

Never found that reply a justification for what they did myself.

Jinsoyun doesn't get blamed alone but she shares a part of the blame.

Their sad past never justifies their actions and never gave them an allowance to hurt others because,their thoughts were corrupted or else you can forgive a terrorist for killing innocents because,he suffered alot in his past...

If one's past sufferings and tough life gave allowance to harm others then humans would have met their extinction because,everyone would have killed the other to vent off their pain...I wouldn't like to support such way of thinking myself because,it leads to breeding more hate by encouraging more violence.

That's just how I see it.

Some people think in a far different way than this one..They think that if their past was filled with suffering then they should try hard not to repeat what caused them this suffering so others won't suffer from the same issues and eventually they might even intervene to protect others who might be exposed to suffer from same issue.

I personally did this on many occasions and it did really make me feel sad to see someone suffering from a similar issue to mine back then so I didn't hesitate to ask the one that abused them peacefully to stop it..I felt somewhat a relief after yet I remembered my past and teared abit and wished someone did help me like how I helped that person..

However,that person might recall I helped them and might end up helping someone else in need one day as well and so on...This thinking leads to more mutual love among people and hence survival because,it reduces violence.

I just felt like sharing my thoughts so these are just "my" thoughts after all. u_u

On 4/16/2016 at 11:57 AM, Teffy said:

Spoiler.

Well I don't blame Jinsoyon for what she become.Mushin injured her master,put the blame on her and lyed to the old farts,which mindlesly followed him and almost few times killed her.If something like this happen to you,I doubt you`ll like a sheep wait to be killed,right?

Julia - the Warlock Master is cute yeah.

speaking of this, why weren't Iksanun, Hong, and Jiwol able to pick up on his dark chi? it seems pretty clear to me that mushin prolly escaped from the dark realm because of the botched ceremony, and with the help of Yura feeding the royal brats misinformation, largely for her own reasons, but long before he sacrificed himself as a seal, he had become a blight to his family for the rumors his siblings cast, and was framed for treason, much like he framed jinsoyun. I can see this game has a lot to do with the concepts of virtue, Karma, and breaking free from the cycle to rise above its shackles, however, how did the other three guardians lack such insight when they were the ones who largely raised him as a pupil? does mushin just have mommy issues? 
Additionally, when I saw how iksanun reacted to jinsoyun when meeting her and during the framing, I'm kind of glad he got killed by his own child. That's essentially what he was condemning her for... and even Hong recognized his folly upon encountering Jinsoyun encompassed by dark chi so long later, because he supposedly dealt the "killing" blow, and of all of the guardians who might have been able to see past mushin's deceit, aside from jiwon, you know, for him to just impulsively kill her without her at that moment despite her not showing any form of hostility, and anything besides distress and confusion, maybe dread... you know, why did he feel so compelled to prolong his ideology when his own hypocrisy was to be its end? I feel like so much of what happened in the game was purely consequential... and even killing the bad guy wouldn't kill the principle... considering there probably isn't even really any true "bad guy" aside from our own ignorance... I mean, how can a situation be rectified in light of that? Who could we truly blame? the sword, though. the sword knew, so wtf. 
~~~~
you know what. forgiveness curtails the negative impact of Karma right? is that what this is truly about? love and forgiveness? compassion, acceptance of the dark aspects of our humanity and not scapegoating paranormal entities for our shadows coming to surface? This all bothers me so much because it isn't just the game. This is a principle recurrent in real life... 

My favorites are those who are softspoken badasses that are polite and kind to your character. So Dochun, easily.

Closely followed by Junghado for similar reasons. Hard to go wrong with such a strong introduction in Act III and actually living up to it in Tower 7F. Having the least bad of all VA changes in Act IV doesn't hurt (although still a noticeable downgrade).

Heck, you can add the rest of the Talus royalty + bodyguards quartet too (Yunma Fei, Yunma Kahn and Yu Chun), they're all likeable enough. Yunma Fei especially, for basically being the antithesis of Namsoslut: royalty who actually acts the part the way she should, while being able to kick ass on the side. Yunma Kahn for similar reasons and Yu Chun... well, his finer moments were him being something of a foil to Yunsang. His badassery really shows during their interactions.

Going by the same line of thought, to a slightly lesser extend, Yehara. I do recall her giving me a bit of flak in Act II, but it was a legitimate concern at the time and my char had a perfect retort, so I let that one slide. Otherwise, she's a proper lady who kicks ass. Again, hard to go wrong with that. Pity she's reduced to look out for Yunwa in Act IV, who... I like a great deal less (more on that later).

The Three Sages in general, barring Jakdan because he's more abrasive drunkard than actual sage most of the time. Dokdan does the well-meaning hardass type of character a lot better, on top of being a better Hongmoon teacher than even Master Hong himself and especially Soha, philosophically/morally speaking. He knows what to say and HOW to say it, plus him being the straight man to the other Sages is a nice bonus... I'm a sucker for that archetype. Podan is nice too for being more soft-spoken and about as sage-like as Dokdan, though his hunger-related lines kinda fall flat.

Soha... I'm more ambivalent towards. I like her design in Act II and the fact she's a capable gunslinger more than her actual character sometimes. That is, when she's berating me for not following Hongmoon way or being drunk (though her VA delivery during these moments is admittedly pretty good)... outside these moments, she's alright, nice and definitely the most 'in-your-face' fanservice of all female characters, not a bad thing in her case... and I love when a couple other NPCs take note of that. Act IV (or rather, NCwest, mostly) really wasn't kind to her, though, with the significantly worse VA adding 'Grimhorn' in her lines for no real reason and her wardrobe change not looking quite as appealing tbh.

Dragon Trader Ronsul. You know, the NPC from Sandstone Refuge (one of the few likeable ones there too... yeah... really not fond of that area). The right type of a VA delivery to a NPC can do wonders, which is why I also like the Dragon Trader NPC near Golden Deva, but Ronsul is definitely the most memorable of the whole bunch.

Speaking of which, NPC dialogue in Supply Chain, mainly the 24-man version. I mean, just pay attention to the delivery of "Soha can shoot me anytime". Instant gold right there. Heck, the whole area is pretty fun but that one line is the standout example.

While we're on minor NPCs, others who deserve a mention: Buyong, Choi Jina (the operative at the beginning of Act II), the old man fishing near Golden Deva (his summation of Orpun's character at the end of a certain quest made me instantly like him... the old man, not Orpun, dear god, no, I don't have as much sympathy for the young guy).

Honorable mention: Han Sirang. Shoved to sidelines after Baymu's death and having him drinking his sorrows, never to be mentioned afterwards was a rather undignified end to a perfectly okay character, especially one called Dochun's friend. I mean, what the hell, NCsoft, you really wasted a good character here. I REALLY felt bad for this one.

Least liked are the troublemakers due to selfishness and/or not thinking things through. So let's see... that includes mostly the traitors or otherwise dumbasses. Usually both. Essentially, people who exists to extend the conflicts or make them worse at critical points (spoilers ahead):

Spoiler

- Namysoslut: do I even need to explain this one? Probably the biggest reason I want the rest of Act IV now. Sorry, Dochun... but I REALLY want to see your surrogate daughter suffer. Stab, stab, STAB!

- Dumbak: typo intended. Him exiting the scene basically unpunished does NOT help his case

- Dodan: Chengun qualifies more for his annoying VA than his cowardice, but at least he acknowledges his limits and isn't aggravatingly full of himself like Dodan is

- Yunwa: lost a LOT of points with me after leaving Yehara's Mirage... didn't appreciate all that much her calling me 'lucky charm' either... well, you were the opposite to me near the end of Act II, brat... apology DENIED

- Lusung: should've known better that corrupting Yunwa and betraying Jinsoyun would end badly for you, raven-boy

- Yonkai: wish his right-hand man, Jong Richul, had met a similar fate, but we never get anything of his whereabouts... suffice to say Act II overall plot takes a turn for the worse in many ways, when this butt-scratching human Bulbari enters the scene

- Ilsim: one of the main reasons Act III ends up in such a crapsack fashion... serves you right for trusting Jinsoyun.

Boy, am I glad Act IV toned down the 'treacherous jackassery' factor a fair bit.

Spoiler

Yeah, I know there's Mushin and some fatass Talus NPC, but at least the former comes off as being more competent than all of the above and I like his disguise as Gil more than I ever liked Yunwa for what is worth, even if he was less capable a fighter, while the latter is barely a blip on my radar in terms of how much he aggravated me.

Rest I didn't mention was likely because they are alright and/or badass enough, but otherwise not leaving much of a lasting impression... or leaving me in unsure/indifferent of what to make of their characters.

@Tsuchiryu

Nice,those characters are good.

However,remember that some of the characters you actually hate might sometimes be characters you would find out you actually like in the end because,they were well designed that they served their purpose and managed to make you hate them. :o

Moment of silence. :D

14 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

@Tsuchiryu

Nice,those characters are good.

However,remember that the characters you actually like least might sometimes be characters you do actually like in the end because,they were well designed that they served their purpose and managed to make you hate them. :o

Moment of silence. :D

I have to disagree. You can make a 'love to hate' kind of character without having to dumb down either said character or your own for the sake of the narrative. Said narrative is weakened when it relies on people being uncharacteristically stupid... nor do I have to like them if being stupid and not thinking things through actually fit with their character. Being intentionally unlikeable is double-edged like that.

Also take note I never said I dislike Jinsoyun, which I don't. Luckily, we do have at least one character who comes close to that lvl of competence besides her while also being despicable... or at least who's been properly built up as such so far as far as I can tell.

Spoiler

Mushin

So I don't have an issue with the main villains and I even genuinely like some of them. I find Gubong particularly underrated and a tad underdeveloped, but they have something genuinely good here... which I hope thy can capitalize on. It's many of the minor ones that I take some issues with.

24 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

I have to disagree. You can make a 'love to hate' kind of character without having to dumb down either said character or your own for the sake of the narrative. Said narrative is weakened when it relies on people being uncharacteristically stupid... nor do I have to like them if being stupid and not thinking things through actually fit with their character. Being intentionally unlikeable is double-edged like that.

Also take note I never said I dislike Jinsoyun, which I don't. Luckily, we do have at least one character who comes close to that lvl of competence besides her while also being despicable... or at least who's been properly built up as such so far as far as I can tell.

Hidden Content

Now you got me wrong..I wasn't talking about Jinsoyun nor Mushin in particular..

Imo:

Jinsoyun feels like a repeatable story of a villain I have seen somewhere before so its meh for me..she reminds me of some famous anime villain but I will leave that to your guess.

Lusung felt repeatable as well..He reminds me abit of Sasuke,getting jealous of cricket and claiming its vengeance he seeks though it turns out to be jealousy later.

Ilsim,just no comment..An NPC which was put there to be hated..Typical stupid NPC that didn't have that much in depth nor was it a lovable character,imo.

Mushin was a nice character (speaking of design and script)..Till now,he somehow is serving the master mind aspect fine..However,I must mention that his idiot friends made him seem smarter though he is quite average.

Hong turned out to be such a hypocrite..I didn't see that till last act..He is supposed to be merciful yet showed no mercy nor tried to reason (with you know who).

Iksanun was even worse..Hence,those 2 were a let down for me in new act...Not only idiots but also all talk and sad actions.,

Although,I liked the moonwater plains Iksanun.I still kinda like him but that scene in silverfrost ughhh..It just spoiled him so bad.

In my initial comment,I was talking kinda in general not about all of the above though and specially about Yonkai. :D

I hate this NPC yet I like how it was written (except for when he scratches his and smells,that was disgusting but I understand it was there to show how a horrible man in all measures he was).

Best villain in this game yet,imo.

What I was trying to say was that your heart can sometimes hate something that your mind likes..Writing these characters is an art,looking at it as an art,you would start to love them from a different perspective rather than what these characters deeds were..Looking at it as a simple character,you will end up loving the ones that suits your character just like how many people like the good NPCs and despise the pure evil ones like Yonkai..

As a character,someone like Yonkai is very bad ofc..However,as a written role/script,I personally find it to be well designed..Good realistic idea.

There are characters that fail at both though and that's why I said "some characters you hate" in my original comment. :)

Ehh,don't mind me..I just like to speak my mind abit where my words might seem abit riddled or philosophical..I just find myself doing that sometimes specially when I am sad or angry..

Have a good day and thanks for good conversation. :)

Botters, oh wait they aren't non player characters darn it!.

1. yunma fei bae ( hands down the cutest princess)

2. jinsohyun ( she's like the fantasy dream girl of 50shades)

3. soha (def not looking at her bewbs)

47 minutes ago, nichii said:

Botters, oh wait they aren't non player characters darn it!.

1. yunma fei bae ( hands down the cutest princess)

2. jinsohyun ( she's like the fantasy dream girl of 50shades)

3. soha (def not looking at her bewbs)

Don't worry,Jinsoyun will get to wear less at some point..You might like it. ;v

You probably were not interested to look at Soha's once you saw Juwol's. ^_-

Whew. Was beginning to worry that I was the only one who thought Doduri was adorable. It was certainly the funniest story line in the game so far!

My favorite characters are :

• Doduri - cos it's Doduri!
  • Dragon Trader Ronsul - I think those people saying her voice is dull and boring are missing the joke here!
  • Jinwong The Tempest - The destroyer from the 8 masters. You would need to play a destroyer to have spoken to him in the 8 masters quest (level 20'ish), but he was hilarious and the VA was brilliant. Not so good when he reappeared later on though in the level 48 quest
  • Yunma Fei - Bad azz princess! What's not to like?

5 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Bah, Doduri got nothing on Granny.

5 hours ago, Tracmar said:

Winner : Granny .. nuff said 

You guys are "fkin" right..Granny is the best "fkin" character in this "fkin" game. :D

• 2 months later...

Archived