P2W event.

Sceptre

If this event is not P2W i really don't no what is,

NCSOFT no the wonder your'e player base drops ,You say there will be no PS2 elements then release this crap.

You should of made ways to add in these items from bosses or another way instead of filling your'e pockets.

This event to me feels like you give us a taste in order for us to pay for a meal......

57 minutes ago, Sceptre said:

NCSOFT no the wonder your'e player base drops ,You say there will be no PS2 elements then release this crap.

You should of made ways to add in these items from bosses or another way instead of filling your'e pockets.

This event to me feels like you give us a taste in order for us to pay for a meal......

Let me help you understand, I used to play a game by Perfect world called Rusty Hearts.

In Rusty Hearts there were costumes on the cash shop that gave you bonus stats, the costumes could not be traded, sold or gifted to others.. That is pay to win.

Everything in this event you can obtain by playing the game, even the gems because they are on the auction house and you can farm the gold to buy them.

That is not pay to win.

NCsoft wanna Milk money p2w or not, they know what to add to make them money.

i'm a free players and i know i can't get anything i want, cuz  i'm blocked by a paywall with mail system,

so making as many alts or accounts is useless cuz i simply can't trade anything to myself. 

i play the game and put up with this crap cuz i'm taking a brake from my old games.

so ya p2w or not i don't care i know ncsoft will exploit paying players, so i can't complain cuz i'm not paying and never will.

and i can quit at any giving time i really don't care.

35 minutes ago, Miku Lyn said:

Everything in this event you can obtain by playing the game, even the gems because they are on the auction house and you can farm the gold to buy them.

there will not be enough gems for every player, i doubt the drop chance is that good, i will be very lucky if i get one of them with 3 characters and 1 try each day per char.

only players who get them multiple times by buying keys will sell them. why would you not use them by yourself first?

1 hour ago, Sceptre said:

You don't know what is

Free players can get up to 154 rolls of over the course of this event, they just can't get them all on the same day. You can get even more if you pay gold to someone you trust to gift you extra keys.

Always amazes me in mmos how people complain about p2w but have absolutely no problem selling things in game that only paying players can afford. How many free player do you think could afford 800g silverfrost merry potters, 500g skill books and 1200g gems? You may not realise it but these people selling these items are the ones facilitating p2w. I guess to some people p2w just means not being able to milk the paying players themselves. 

It is pay to win. Sure, people will call it pay2progress, but more progress = win.

Let's see what you think once you see someone with 650+ AP in 6v6. You will laugh... then cry... and never play 6v6 again. Or Hell Island.. One Guild recruits all the rich guys (Xanadu in KR..) and dominates Hell Island. No other Guild can do their stuff if Xanadu is there.

23 hours ago, Reaper00 said:

You don't know what is

Free players can get up to 154 rolls of over the course of this event, they just can't get them all on the same day. You can get even more if you pay gold to someone you trust to gift you extra keys.

Always amazes me in mmos how people complain about p2w but have absolutely no problem selling things in game that only paying players can afford. How many free player do you think could afford 800g silverfrost merry potters, 500g skill books and 1200g gems? You may not realise it but these people selling these items are the ones facilitating p2w. I guess to some people p2w just means not being able to milk the paying players themselves. 

It's pretty ez to make 40-50g a day just doing dailies if you sell the soulstones you get in SSP, you can get the 1200g you need for this elusive 1200g gem in 24 days of dailies. 

If you farm arena and sell soulstones you could probably get 1200g in 7-14 days.. If you farm yeti 4 and get lucky with the drops you could afford it in 2-6 days..  So if the free players can't afford these things it's their own fault.

I started playing this game in March, I have premium but I don't buy gold or sell stuff I buy, all cash I have put in this game has been for premium or costumes..

That being said.. I can afford the gems, so I don't understand why people who have been playing since January think it's impossible.. I just can't understand it because my personal experience has been completely different.

And fyi, you don't even need the gems lol..you don't "WIN" anything by having them.. it would be cool if I got some but tbh, after I cash out all my investments from this event the only gem I'll probably buy is the amethyst.. It would help keep me alive in SSP, still not necessary.. It would just be handy because I'm a shitter.

Edit: here is a tip, SSP keys are the same price as moonstone atm. Every time you crit opening a strike wrath box and get the bonus 5 moonstone you just made 10g.. You can farm like 30-40 of the boxes a day no problem.. Start farming and stop crying.

7 minutes ago, Miku Lyn said:

And fyi, you don't even need the gems lol..you don't "WIN" anything by having them.. it would be cool if I got some but tbh, after I cash out all my investments from this event the only gem I'll probably buy is the amethyst.. It would help keep me alive in SSP, still not necessary.. It would just be handy because I'm a shitter.

I agree with every word of this.

3 minutes ago, Miku Lyn said:

It's pretty ez to make 40-50g a day just doing dailies if you sell the soulstones you get in SSP, you can get the 1200g you need for this elusive 1200g gem in 24 days of dailies. 

If you farm arena and sell soulstones you could probably get 1200g in 7-14 days.. If you farm yeti 4 and get lucky with the drops you could afford it in 2-6 days..  So if the free players can't afford these things it's their own fault.

I started playing this game in March, I have premium but I don't buy gold or sell stuff I buy, all cash I have put in this game has been for premium or costumes..

That being said.. I can afford the gems, so I don't understand why people who have been playing since January think it's impossible.. I just can't understand it because my personal experience has been completely different.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Yes, anything in the game can be obtained with enough time, that was never in dispute. The people who keep crying about pay-to-win are claiming that it is pay to win because people spending real life money can get it faster than people who do not. My point was just to illustrate that the people who complain about p2w are not doing it out of concern for the f2p players, but because it is now affecting their ability to make a quick buck out of the paying players.

Just now, Reaper00 said:

I'm not entirely sure what your point is here. Yes, anything in the game can be obtained with enough time, that was never in dispute. The people who keep crying about pay-to-win are claiming that it is pay to win because people spending real life money can get it faster than people who do not. My point was just to illustrate that the people who complain about p2w are not doing it out of concern for the f2p players, but because it is now affecting their ability to make a quick buck out of the paying players.

That could be true, but the opposite is also true.

I have known paying people who quit in the last few days because of this event. They are mad that the free players are getting anything because it means they are not going to make as much gold selling mats and other stuff to them.. some of them made forum posts calling the event p2w rofl

Best part is these people played on JP so they have known about this event for years.. and they are still salty when it comes to NA.

On 4/14/2016 at 10:39 AM, Saoyara said:

Everytime I see you posting here, is for complain about something. If you dislike the game/company that much why you keep playing?

Or maybe he cares about the game more than you, so that's why he speaks up when he sees something that he perceives as negative for the game.

On 4/14/2016 at 5:24 AM, Miku Lyn said:

Let me help you understand, I used to play a game by Perfect world called Rusty Hearts.

In Rusty Hearts there were costumes on the cash shop that gave you bonus stats, the costumes could not be traded, sold or gifted to others.. That is pay to win.

That is not pay to win.

Ah, the glorious pay to win argument. The reality is, every game, regardless of how pay 2 win it actually is, will always have people defending it claiming that because another game is worse the first is not pay to win. And the opposite as well - as long as trading is allowed of anything, there'll always be someone claiming a game is pay 2 win.

Personally, my definition of pay to win is when something is on the cash shop that progresses your character that cannot reasonably be obtained in game. For instance, in Tera when they first went free to play they removed an item called "spellbind" from the merchant. Instead, you could buy it with money, or you could get 3 about every 4-5 battlegrounds you did (15 minutes each). For 1 reroll of a "visionmaker" item, you needed 154 spellbind. So that is about 208 battlegrounds - or 52 hours of work - for a single reroll which had a 83% chance of not giving you the stat you wanted. This is not reasonable, so I would define this as pay 2 win.

In here, we are dealing with blackwyrm gems. Those who have not bought it but tried to farm it have been for 3 months now. The drop rate is so low that most people who routinely farm blackwyrm are missing at least one of the gems. This is not reasonably obtainable in game. So by my definition, I believe the game is now p2w. While it is a lighter example of p2w compared to other games, I still believe it has breached that level.

The reason why it's pay to win is because with hongmoon coins, you can only buy & use 10 keys per day on the treasure trove.

With NCoin (bought with real money) you can buy & use as many keys as you like.

That is by definition; pay to win. I don't understand why people are still disputing it when it's indisputable. 

12 minutes ago, Meliran said:

Personally, my definition of pay to win is when something is on the cash shop that progresses your character that cannot reasonably be obtained in game. For instance, in Tera when they first went free to play they removed an item called "spellbind" from the merchant. Instead, you could buy it with money, or you could get 3 about every 4-5 battlegrounds you did (15 minutes each). For 1 reroll of a "visionmaker" item, you needed 154 spellbind. So that is about 208 battlegrounds - or 52 hours of work - for a single reroll which had a 83% chance of not giving you the stat you wanted. This is not reasonable, so I would define this as pay 2 win.

LOL Tera was a joke to make gold in.. I'm still a millionaire there even after paying a stupid amount for the name "Miku"

if that is how you made gold I understand why you are confused about how you are supposed to afford things.

You know how I got spellbind in Tera?? I bought every strongbox key at 300g for months and then when the strongbox event happened I sold them for 1000g and made like 4 million gold in 3 days.. That is how I got spellbind.

I started playing this game in March and had true pirate b4 the yeti patch... sorry but it's not p2w just because kids are bad at making money or stupid with the money they have.

29 minutes ago, Miku Lyn said:

LOL Tera was a joke to make gold in.. I'm still a millionaire there even after paying a stupid amount for the name "Miku"

if that is how you made gold I understand why you are confused about how you are supposed to afford things.

You know how I got spellbind in Tera?? I bought every strongbox key at 300g for months and then when the strongbox event happened I sold them for 1000g and made like 4 million gold in 3 days.. That is how I got spellbind.

I started playing this game in March and had true pirate b4 the yeti patch... sorry but it's not p2w just because kids are bad at making money or stupid with the money they have.

OK. So then you bought spellbind off the broker. Which other people bought with cash. In other words, they paid for you to win.

40 minutes ago, Meliran said:

OK. So then you bought spellbind off the broker. Which other people bought with cash. In other words, they paid for you to win.

You are trying really hard now.. so let me get this straight, everyone who bought something off the broker is pay to win now because that item "MIGHT" have been bought by someone else with money and put on the broker.

I had +12 VM so that is the "Winning" part I guess.. but I did not pay for it, but someone might have paid for some of the spellbind and at a later time I  might have bought some of that spellbind so now I'm guilty of pay to win by association.

Tell me, if one person farmed all the spellbind he needed for VM +12 all by himself dose that mean the game is not pay to win or is the whole game pay to win because of that spellbind I bought off the broker??

If spellbind was not on the cash shop do you think I would have not been able to buy spellbind off the broker with my 4 million gold??

And this is why the pay to win argument is a joke.. the logical gymnastics you have to do to convince yourself this is pay to win is hilarious.

8 minutes ago, Miku Lyn said:

You are trying really hard now.. so let me get this straight, everyone who bought something off the broker is pay to win now because that item "MIGHT" have been bought by someone else with money and put on the broker.

I had +12 VM so that is the "Winning" part I guess.. but I did not pay for it, but someone might have paid for some of the spellbind and at a later time I  might have bought some of that spellbind so now I'm guilty of pay to win by association.

Tell me, if one person farmed all the spellbind he needed for VM +12 all by himself dose that mean the game is not pay to win or is the whole game pay to win because of that spellbind I bought off the broker??

If spellbind was not on the cash shop do you think I would have not been able to buy spellbind off the broker with my 4 million gold??

And this is why the pay to win argument is a joke.. the logical gymnastics you have to do to convince yourself this is pay to win is hilarious.

Players do not determine the pay2win nature of the game - only themselves. For instance, let's say that this game didn't have this event. Everything on marketplace either accelerates a fairly simple process (such as hongmoon keys or experience soups), is cosmetic, or could reasonably be obtained in game. However, because people can buy gold (even if there wasn't the currency exchange, they could illegitimately purchase it), they could use that to obtain hard to obtain objects like gems and recipes. Those players are paying to win, even if the game at that point would be indisputably not pay to win.

For your third point about farming all the spellbind you need by yourself, yes, it is possible. You could theoretically farm up close to 1000 spellbind (I think that was how much that one guy used in his video...) to reroll your gear. At about 20 minutes per spellbind (60 minutes in a BG for 3 spellbinds on average), that'd put it at 333 hours, or approximately 3 weeks of farming for 16 hours and day and sleeping 8 hours. This is not reasonable for a single item.

Also, if spellbind dropped at the rates it did before and was not in the cash shop, they'd sell for close to 1,000 gold each. 1 million gold would be needed on average for a 6-stat weapon. Yes, you would be able to buy it with your 4 million, but it'd still take an unreasonably long amount of time to farm up the gold. Or, as you admitted yourself, "buying and reselling cash shop items" such as keys.

Archived