NC banned my account, They must return the money I spent on that account.

LeeTT

No, it isn't. Also you may have been banned without reason, and if that is honestly the case, you need to send a support ticket to them, so they can unban you. If you didn't do anything wrong they will be able to tell, and they will look if/when you ask.

You are wrong however, you sign a legal, binding agreement every time you play, that holds within it information about what you actually OWN. Case in point, if YOU break their rules, you are entitled to nothing but a door swing. While they have the option to discontinue service at any time, most big companies want you to buy their stuff, and are not going to just ban you because they think it's fun.

SO, if you WERE accidentally banned, consider it just that, an ACCIDENT. There's no reason to be rude, or demanding, when it is very possible and likely that all of your stuff is in fact just fine, and this is a misunderstanding.

SEND a ticket. Don't post this here, this breaks the rules of the forum, and it isn't going to get you what you want.

But what did you do.. you must have done SOMETHING .. I dont think ncsoft staff decided to go to random.org and say "ok, let's see who we ban today" .. "AND WE HAVE A WINNER.. NR.12305440 BANNED .   I wonder who will be the lucky one Tomorrow . lol .

See my point ?

7 minutes ago, Demiosu said:

I like how every of these threads start of with: I didn't trade gold with anyone.

Gold selling is not the only banreason in a game lol. 

It's one of the easiest things that comes to mind, and it is also easy to accidentally get a hold of gold farmed by a gold farmer. By that, I don't mean accidentally logging onto the site and buying it, I mean by trading with a bot you aren't aware is a bot, or in a different way, buying from a person you don't know isn't actually a person.

Every item, even gold, has a specific numeric value in an item index that they can follow and track at any given time. Quantities, where it's going, how it was obtained, and what if anything it is turned into/sold for. If this system is automated in ANY way, it is not only LIKELY that eventually it tags someone with tracked gold that simply bought something from a farmer and obtained it that way, but it's only a matter of time.

THIS REAL FEAR has happened so MANY TIMES in mmorpgs prior, that it is the first thing NA players usually jump to when they feel they have been wrongfully banned. The assumption, that you believe this isn't possible/doesn't happen is what colors your initial  impression of these people, and why you think it's odd it would be the first thing mentioned.

I'm not saying it isn't possible he just bought gold and is now trying to act like he isn't, but NCSoft will know either way.

46 minutes ago, pingal1ty said:

If you are suspended its because you break the ToS.

They rarelly ban someone innocent. You should have thought it better before cheating

Didn't know the the law in USA has been changed to "Guilty until proven innocent".

1 minute ago, AttacKat said:

Didn't know the the law in USA has been changed to "Guilty until proven innocent".

Well, if he was banned by a system that uses any kind of automation, it's possible they aren't even AWARE he is banned. I don't think a judge is going to care if a computer thinks he's guilty until proven innocent. But right now, he has some kind of a mark on his account, whether he did it or not, that got him banned. So he is technically "guilty', and has not been banned "for no reason." he was banned for a reason, it just may not hold true to him.

So, while the circumstances may seem like he's guilty first, he was actually "proven guilty" already. He is now actually trying to "prove" his own innocence...which he could DO if he'd just send a ticket and ask them to LOOK. Which they WILL, which has been SAID to HIM, and everyone else posting the same complaint within the same span of time that CLEARLY POINTS TO A PROBLEM WITH SOME KIND OF AN AUTOMATED BANNING SYSTEM. 

I mean really, look at the evidence, so many different people posting the same thing, with the same kind of outrage? Obviously there's an issue going on here. But there's no reason to

1. Break MORE RULES while trying to claim your innocence (which is stupid)

2. Disregard all forum information that is ALREADY POSTED for incidents such as these

3. Act rude or entitled, even if an error has occurred

4. Have absolutely no concept of the laws you are trying to claim they are breaking.

4 minutes ago, Froggyman said:

So, while the circumstances may seem like he's guilty first, he was actually "proven guilty" already. He is now actually trying to "prove" his own innocence...which he could DO if he'd just send a ticket and ask them to LOOK. Which they WILL, which has been SAID to HIM, and everyone else posting the same complaint within the same span of time that CLEARLY POINTS TO A PROBLEM WITH SOME KIND OF AN AUTOMATED BANNING SYSTEM. 

Some interesting words you used there. how MAY comes ACTUAL and PROVEN. 

You know that ToS you agree to every single time you log in?...

It basically says your account is not yours. NC loans it to you, at their discretion. At their discretion, they may also choose to stop loaning it to you - for any reason. Anything.

You agreed to this. It might not be "right", but it's not illegal.

3 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

Some interesting words you used there. how MAY comes ACTUAL and PROVEN. 

I have no clue if he was banned for something he did or not, so everything I have to go off of is assumed. I am actually assuming he is innocent, because I've worked in this field. You are either trying to agitate me, or waste my time. I don't know which, but I won't have either. If you can't actually argue against my point or have nothing to add to it, I don't see the point in responding.

15 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

You know that ToS you agree to every single time you log in?...

It basically says your account is not yours. NC loans it to you, at their discretion. At their discretion, they may also choose to stop loaning it to you - for any reason. Anything.

You agreed to this. It might not be "right", but it's not illegal.

Which all still must comply to the US Fed consumer protection laws.

EDIT: Mod Lock6 has responded. People need to stop pointing the "guilty" finger in haste.

1 hour ago, marcnaw said:

You can always go to your bank, and claim fraud, visa will return you cash then they dispute it with ncsoft.

They will then need proof of you breaking tos, if they do not have anything they will pay it back.

Yeah .... don't do this.

1 hour ago, AttacKat said:

Which all still must comply to the US Fed consumer protection laws.

EDIT: Mod Lock6 has responded. People need to stop pointing the "guilty" finger in haste.

Ye and ppl like you should stop defending someone who you don't know at all.

Maybe he is innocent, yeah, but maybe he is a cheater or been macroing in arena.

Just now, pingal1ty said:

Ye and ppl like you should stop defending someone who you don't know at all.

Maybe he is innocent, yeah, but maybe he is a cheater or been macroing in arena.

So because of the 50:50 MAYBE, he should be guilty by default and proves his innocents later. 

I hope this doesn't happen to you or anyone else that thinks the same way.

Archived