Is this pay to win

FF8Games

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so pretty much, space is limited to everyone unless you buy those pouches.  However, over time you can unlock everything.  People who buy it early just will get it early.  Aside form that there are costumes that make you look nice.

Prem membership = Grind a little less to win

F2P = Grind a little more to win

Equipment and upgrading is all range base.  If you lucky, you get what you need.  If your not. . .well. . .here's an extra box of tissues I had last week.  I spent so long trying to get my item I went crazy.  And yes I'm prem.  Money making is hard for everyone at low levels.  At lvl 45 it gets easier.

So to sum it up.  Paying players just gets things done a little faster. . .Free to play don't. 

Do  not listen to anybody above! 

The game is absolutely pay to win. There is not a single free user in the end game zone - Moon water.  Most of the Free users quit the game when they reach the Cinderlands and with good reason. Any 30 + character that pays outguns them with 10 or even 20 levels equipment above, because they have a LOT, A LOT of money. And since crafting is a nightmare, free users just quit. 

Better buy premium if you want any chance of having fun here. 

3 hours ago, AlcatelOneTouch said:

The game is absolutely pay to win. There is not a single free user in the end game zone - Moon water.  Most of the Free users quit the game when they reach the Cinderlands and with good reason. Any 30 + character that pays outguns them with 10 or even 20 levels equipment above, because they have a LOT, A LOT of money. And since crafting is a nightmare, free users just quit. 

You inept people just whine, I swear. I haven't quit and I haven't spent money. This game isn't P2W. It offers convenience.

There's enough space to get by. Is it annoying sometimes? Yes. Just unlock all of your secondary inventory first and learn to manage items. Plus for the next two months they have a daily that once you complete, you'll get two bags. Apparently somebody before didn't notice.

People don't get "A LOT, A LOT" of money from paying. You can grind dailies for decent money. It just make take you a few days longer - It's not the end of the world.

That being said, the things that are available to buy are overly expensive, and the mailing system having a paywall is annoying, but you can work around it.

14 minutes ago, AlcatelOneTouch said:

Cinderlands is a target low lvl pvp gank spot due to the faction quests, just take off your uniform cuz thats the only time you should worry about ppl being advanced in gear than you, so then you won't have to rage quit.

Its still possible to get all your end game stuff without needing to spend cash, in fact its possible for advancing anything without needing the store keys. Just stop being lazy and grind rather than whine about a few bucks.

Premium money boost is pretty meh with the amount of money mobs drop in general so no its more like premium gets some extra pocket change. Money raking is from dailies like everyone said.

4 hours ago, FF8Games said:

I just wanted to ask is this pay to win? Because i'm new to this game

I'm not going to beat around the bush, the PvE/Open World PVP in this game is completely P2W if you want it to be regardless of what others will say.  It's quite simple, load up and NCoin and sell the NCoin for Gold by Gifting items to players.  The majority of gear upgrades are fueled by gold, so you can whale it 100%.  They're putting the gold exchange NCoin/Gold trade market into the game later which will only make it easier.  Those that try to deny it just need to stop, anyone with money can max their gear with a credit card whenever they feel like it.  One of the many reasons so many people are out the door with this game already.  NCSoft doesn't care, they lied about the P2W aspect just as they did a load of other stuff.  It doesn't matter how amazing or beautiful a game is, its always about money and they'll burn it to the ground over it.  The sooner everyone realizes that and stops falling for it the better the game community will be.

The only thing that isn't is Arena PvP and the mechanics only take it so far, imbalance is horrid and though it gets much better after 50 patch that's a ways out.  I think we've all waited through enough patches in MMOs for things to 'finally be fixed', we all know more issues will always continue to pop up..  MMOs these days are just becoming a never ending carrot chase joke.

You cant get any advantages for Arena PVP thats, atleast for me the most important point.

The poster before me is kinda right, but its not as hard p2w like lets say archeage. Yes you can upgrade your gear faster through gold, but its not impossible to max the gear within a few weeks with normal gameplay. PvE content is not p2w because its easylie done with low/easygainable equipp. Openworld pvp can be dodged at any time.

7 minutes ago, Cetra said:

I'm not going to beat around the bush, the PvE/Open World PVP in this game is completely P2W if you want it to be regardless of what others will say.  It's quite simple, load up and NCoin and sell the NCoin for Gold by Gifting items to players.  The majority of gear upgrades are fueled by gold, so you can whale it 100%.  They're be putting the gold exchange NCoin/Gold trade market into the game later which will only make it easier.  Those that try to deny it just need to stop, anyone with money can max their gear with a credit card whenever they feel like it.  One of the many reasons so many people are out the door with this game already.

^^^^This.

I knew someone that bought over 10K NC Coins and traded for Golds just to upgrade his gears!

Also, no point to do Arena 1v1 now cause you just get your faceroll with summoner or blade dancers. (I heard arena pvp balance at lvl 50 but we don't have that content yet)

1 minute ago, Kromede said:

^^^^This.

I knew someone that bought over 10K NC Coins and traded for Golds just to upgrade his gears!

Also, no point to do Arena 1v1 now cause you just get your faceroll with summoner or blade dancers. (I heard arena pvp balance at lvl 50 but we don't have that content yet)

What a bullshit. You can reach top 100 with every class. Summoners are a bit over the top buts thats it, BD is not there is not even a single BD in TOP 10, thats how valid this post is.

1 minute ago, Kromede said:

We must do daily arenas to get some soulstones.They are so freaking expensive to buy.I saw how I must play as an assassin to get high rank.I have no desire, patience or dedication to play that intense.I play this game( or any other before this) to get away from real life troubles.

2 hours ago, Yuria said:

Depends on your definition of what pay2win is. Until we understand what you think pay to win is we can't give you a straight answer, just guesses to what answer you want base on our definition of pay2win. So Define pay2win for us then we can give you a clear answer.

I want to know if you have to pay to be better than everyone else and if its very restricted for free to play players 

4 hours ago, FF8Games said:

I want to know if you have to pay to be better than everyone else and if its very restricted for free to play players 

You don't. You won't even have any money concerns before level 45. People who whine are probably just getting stomped in PvP.

Im F2P and already got my Siren weapon maxed out, jewelry as well. So far i haven't felt pressure getting mats, I can't say i'm "staying behind". If ppl cry saying they don't get things they need, it's just cuz some others already played the game and know how to get their stuffs, and some other less experienced may have more time to play.

So people nowadays want things get done ASAP huh? ok relax, clam down, take your time to play and enjoy the game at your own pace, and you'll see how P2W here is just part of an illusion. 

Seriously, this is not P2W... at least not yet. Well you do can buy gold IRL with some USD :v But to be P2W based on that you have to spend, well... at least a K xD which is a NOPE! I mean, it just doesn't fit well in my head. Totally against the statement. And just to add: only money i've paid so far were $5 first week cuz of queue, if game continues improving i'd gladly subscribe for premium so i show my support, cuz i've been in love with the game for years now.

In a way this is pay to win, except that to win without going insane you don't pay NCSoft, instead you pay the goldspammers in order to afford weapon upgrades. Mob loot and dungeon drops are mostly soulbound and vendor for 1 copper. Gathered materials sell for less than the picks you need to harvest them, quests give a couple of silver at most and most things that can be auctioned fetch a few silver tops. To make anything worth selling you need a mammoth investment, but it seems that the only way to get the sheer amount of gold needed to progress is via buying it. No wonder the spammers are so busy in this game. I bet they are making a killing! I was loving this game and thinking how awesome it was until I got to Moonwater and had to spend nearly 10 gold for a weapon upgrade (7 for stone and 2.50 for the process of upgrading). If that's the price to upgrade before level cap then I dread to think how expensive it will get later on.

Archived