Is this pay to win

FF8Games

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it does have a pay to progress faster with like XP bonuses and you need to spend real money to unlock the mailbox (any payment at all unlocks it), inventory is very limited with a free player due to costumes and the majority of inventory being locked behind cash shop, however unlike other mmo's you do not get masses of trash, grey items are few and the town density is pretty high so a vendor is always close by, everything is overpriced and cashgrabby, but as none of the purchases are mandatory, you can get on just fine without paying if you wish to.

Open world PvP: More people beat less people

Arena PvP: Equalized stats, skill based

PvE: Skill based on dodges and combos

Method of gaining currency: daily quests

I think that cash items are quality of life improvements- it being more bag space, unique fashion, and a wardrobe for storing fashion. 

If you want bag space and wardrobe you have to pay , if you want to use the mail you have to pay .

If you want more than 10 slots in the AH per day , you'll have to pay .

Not saying it's p2w , i'll let you decide .

1 hour ago, FF8Games said:

I just wanted to ask is this pay to win? Because i'm new to this game

Yes, do not let the fanboys fool ya. 1 can get better stats for spending dosh in the market via "Passives" from the store. but its f2p so every game is p2w at some ppoint because... how will they make dosh right?

Do yourself a favor.. quit this game while you are ahead! Yea yea, you see 30% of the games pop since release because i mean, BDO is coming out and man the graphics are OP!!!!!

Also, Come at me weeb fanboys :) 

47 minutes ago, Anrothan said:

Yes, do not let the fanboys fool ya. 1 can get better stats for spending dosh in the market via "Passives" from the store. but its f2p so every game is p2w at some ppoint because... how will they make dosh right?

Do yourself a favor.. quit this game while you are ahead! Yea yea, you see 30% of the games pop since release because i mean, BDO is coming out and man the graphics are OP!!!!!

Just a question what "Passives" are P2W from the CS

If you mean stat food in Arena it null and void 

If you mean premium status what in the "bonuses" are P2W 

some extra coin from mobs is certainly not going to give a huge advantage. 

It's more like pay for Convience 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/premium-membership/ 

But let the OP decide for themselves 

Arena will always be outside of any sort of P2W elements otherwise this game could not work as Esport

PVE / World PvP well draw your own conclusion from this.

Currency Exchange is coming which means that players are able to buy gold from other players.

Personaly im fine now with currency exchange but what Ncsoft has decided to do with their ingame store (Hongmoon Store) is they introduced RNG boxes which containet highest level crafting / item upgrade materials and this crashed economy for while. Some players call them not P2W but more to that they call Pay for convience but personally i see them as P2W boxes just because players are capable of skipping 95-99% of time upgrading their items and top of that they had chance to stack enough materials (sell materials for gold) for legendary and fully upgrade it with minimal effort. So draw your conclusion with this pay for convience or pay to win. Im calling it pay to win due players could skip that 100-300h hard work to less than 10h.

And im more afraid the fact Ncsoft said that hongmoon store would not contain any p2w items in any time but well this happened and now im afraid that they follow up Chinese version where players can directly buy legendaries from ingame store

1 hour ago, Anrothan said:

Nah, these are lies. 

You can buy certain items in the Store aside from costumes, but nothing gamebreaking or P2W. The premium gives you certain %benefits, but these are very minimal. You can look in the forum about threads talking about it and people telling this bonuses arent enough for a sub. Long story short: You can play the game withouth giving a single penny if you want.

Its not pay to win but as one post above said.It's pay to enjoy.I am getting frustrated so much for lack of bag space.They could  have had at least add to wheel spin... but no we have 99% of useless things in spin wheel.They wanna get money, guess what it will backfire at them.Id say don't support this way of business.This is bs, common things like bagspace should not be made like this.Also its a freaking chore to farm so much for gold and materials to upgrade just one item.This type of game won't work probably on west side.We are not chinese farmers.

I find the game enjoyable,  but i wonder how long i will play considering all the materials i need with each upgrade and each upgrade cost more gold and more materials.This is not cool for us non-botters, honestly.

Arena is not p2w.

However open world PvP is p2w.

Premium give you a lot of opportunities to farm gold both by reducing fees everywhere and unlocking marketplace slots, and the XP bonus will allow you to grind Hongmoon XP faster. Best in slot items are really expensive so more gold = more power.

They also just sold an RNG box which dropped moonwater transformation stones, brilliant moonwater keys, and soulstones. After they ended the sale, the keys doubled in price, MTS went up by 1.5g and soulstones went up by 70%.

I'll talk both long and short terms. 

Long term it's not. Eventually speed of content being released will slow down and even completely F2P players will have chances to farm the best gear if their skill level is high enough. They do lose on some perks like wardrobe (which is the number 1 reasons I have premium) but most of the things are typically fair overall. There are a couple of things like locking out mail which is questionable (being able to mail stuff between your characters is a HUGE way to generate extra income.) 

Short term, it is, at least for now. As someone who plays a lot with premium I can barely keep up with the rate content is coming out right now and I cant imagine how a free player would be fairing at this time. 

There are benefits to using real money, but it is not required. A lot of the things you can get with real money too can be obtained at cap with Hongmoon coins, which you get by using Ventures (rare drop from dailies) to convert your in game money into the coins.

You never have to spend a penny to catch up with people. The most Pay 2 Win thing is to send mail you need to spend an Ncoin, but that was mostly to try and deter bots.

I only paid $5 to unlock my mail, been buying ncoins from other people to expand my inventory since then. I have 2 lines of inventory left to expand with full auxiliary storage, half a page of normal storage.

TL;DR You can find ways to make this game easy, some people are just bad and want everything for free. 

2 hours ago, FF8Games said:

I just wanted to ask is this pay to win? Because i'm new to this game

Depends on your definition of what pay2win is. Until we understand what you think pay to win is we can't give you a straight answer, just guesses to what answer you want base on our definition of pay2win. So Define pay2win for us then we can give you a clear answer.

Archived