Redditors really upset with BnS and voicing themselves about it

Gamerchick

That sub reddit is worse than the League of Legends sub reddit. People constantly posting complaints and "suggestion" threads nonstop and burying anything else. They don't represent the community as a whole but I at least hope they'll move their crap to the official forums. Some stuff I do think NCSoft should rethink (the valor stones in the new daily dash are kinda ridiculous). I also think they'd do well to show a little more transparency though. They said on stream they're working on an item that would let players transfer costumes between characters for example but not everybody watches streams. Letting people know of future plans would make them feel like they know what to expect. Internet people hate surprises, they hate change, but they love to complain.

I didn't even know they exist till today, so obviously they're not as important as they think they are.

I do have to admit I can agree to some of the points made on that post, especially since I started making alts and hearing what other regions premium get as their benefits.

Will it be enough to make me post a whiny thread and announce my leaving? Not really. If NCSoft keep going this route, I'll eventually just fade away to the next great MMORPG.

Just like that cool hero at the end of a wild west movie :)

Why can't people just be cool instead of turning everything into a drama?

I actually clicked on the link that the OP posted and wow that has got to be one of the funniest things I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh OP, I needed one.

On a serious note though, why do people seem to think outfits = the entire game? I just pick a few outfits I like, occasionally swap between them and keep it at that. I can enjoy the game just fine and still have my character look amazing. The way people take the wardrobe system in this game so seriously, in my eyes at least, is comparable to someone walking into Kohl's and throwing a temper trantrum because they can't fit every clothing item in the store in their shopping cart.

9 minutes ago, SirNox said:

I actually clicked on the link that the OP posted and wow that has got to be one of the funniest things I've read all day. Thanks for the laugh OP, I needed one.

On a serious note though, why do people seem to think outfits = the entire game? I just pick a few outfits I like, occasionally swap between them and keep it at that. I can enjoy the game just fine and still have my character look amazing. The way people take the wardrobe system in this game so seriously, in my eyes at least, is comparable to someone walking into Kohl's and throwing a temper trantrum because they can't fit every clothing item in the store in their shopping cart.

The mindset here reminds me of the NX whores on Maplestory who absolutely HAD to have fourteen different outfits on them at all times so they could change them fourteen times a day and everyone knew how fashionable they were and how much cash shop money they'd spent to look that good. 

Do you NEED to own every single outfit? Are you really going to be wearing them all? I have to assume that most of the people crying about this won't. "There's no motivation to buy cash shop outfits if they're going to be using inventory space" you're going to be buying MULTIPLE cash shop outfits, but won't pay for premium to have the wardrobe? Really?

Really though?

More likely if someone likes a cash shop outfit they're going to buy that ONE cash shop outfit and wear it forever. If they like two, buy two, use TWO spaces in your vault or inventory. Is that really the end of the world? Toss the in-game outfits, you don't need them, you paid for cash shop. There really aren't many benefits to premium to begin with and so many people are sobbing about a PURE CONVENIENCE function like it's absolutely required to own 15 outfits (hint: it's not)

2 hours ago, Samyaza said:

I have venture tokens, but can't redeem, 'em, due to in/convinient bug. Now how am I supposed to gain HM coins other then through RL money?

Since you know it is a bug, have you reported in the bug report section? It will be fix soon enough. Besides, this game is a MMO, so why the rush of must get everything yesterday attitude?

5 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Sorry, but this whine is getting old.

1. You DO NOT NEED wardrobe to play this game.

2. You DO NOT NEED that new outfit that shows 1/2 of your a$$ to make your char more powerful.

3. You DO NOT NEED to spend $$ to play this game.

ITT:  NCSoft Defense Force vs. Roddit

Selected battleground:  NCSoft Defense Force selects passive aggressive post-its on each other's desks.  Roddit, being entirely unaware of imminent annihilation at hands of NCSoft Defense Force, times out.

4 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Since you know it is a bug, have you reported in the bug report section? It will be fix soon enough. Besides, this game is a MMO, so why the rush of must get everything yesterday attitude?

Oh hello, if I want something I literally need to spend IRL money on it, while I could buy it with HM coins instead. They don't seem to be in hurry to fix this, since y'know more money, I guess?!

5 hours ago, evilchameleon said:

Their premium benefits and cash shop is always subject to change. You just need to give them time to come up with a better solution, if needed. 

And NA has already done this on items they seen necessary, but wardrobe is one that they haven't see the need to change. There has been tons of threads on this one subject matter since TA/CBT, so it isn't like they never heard of the complains either.

As I said before, it is not a show stopper where you must have it in order to play the game.

well u have more than enough inventory space and stash space for playing the game.. u don´t need to have 100 different costume, you can always keep some extra materials in mail, u can always do a "bank" character if u are need for more space... This is also a free to play game so I don´t get it why ppl need to be so greedy and ask everything for free..  10 years ago you should have pay like 60 euros for game like this, so I personally more than happily invest that 10 euros for extra inventory if i feel like I need it, but I don´t need it so I did buy a costume with that money (I don´t like to be a parasite and get that awesome game free :3 ).. Its not that much. pretty much same what u need to pay for playing 1 month WoW :3 for most of  ppl it is like 1 hour wage or even less (:

I haven't even paid no premium yet but I can see where this guy is coming from. I was tempted to purchase ugh this bundle or something that was like 2,669 or something NCOIN and that is literally $50 bucks. Sorry but I ain't spending $50 just for some basic features. 

Inventory space should not be locked behind a paywall.  Wardrobe fine you want to be a outfit collector the least you can do is pay some premium.  But dragon pouches should not be a cash shop thing.  Sure you can buy them with hongmoon coins but the drop rate for them venture tokens is virtually nonexistent  well at least for me anyway.  I do pay for premium was a sucker and went all out and did the full 365 days of premium mostly for the outfit but that was my choice.  Yes I can buy more pouches but why should i have to do that.  Why not allow one of the crafting guilds be able to make them for players to be able to sell on the marketplace or fix it where the "rich" of the game can buy them with coins and sell them on the marketplace.  I feel like in the east many players do not make alts.  Here in the west we are altaholics we love making our alts and it does get very expensive if you have to purchase all those pouches just to unlock inventory space.  4 rows are still locked on my alt and they will remain that way as i am saving my money for future purchases I just cant justify the means of spending all that money again on a toon I know i will soon kick to the side when warlock is released.  

Archived