So where is my archer class

animekitty

Plenty of npc use guns and bows yet we have no class that can use this. The limited selection of ranged characters really such and make, making a new character hard since all the melee feel more or less the same. Summoner isn't what I would classify as a ranged type because of the pet so all we have is force master.

I personally think that it would be really hard to incorporate a ranger/archer class into a dynamic martial arts style combat.

I think you'd have to use cross-bows if anything to get the fast hits and accuracy that would be greatly needed. Imagine standing stationary to fire an arrow, it already works bad with the Summoner's Rumblebees as 9/10 you get jumped before you finish the cast (only occasionally though)

1 minute ago, Pumpkin said:

I personally think that it would be really hard to incorporate a ranger/archer class into a dynamic martial arts style combat.

I think you'd have to use cross-bows if anything to get the fast hits and accuracy that would be greatly needed. Imagine standing stationary to fire an arrow, it already works bad with the Summoner's Rumblebees as 9/10 you get jumped before you finish the cast (only occasionally though)

Force Master.

You have to stand still to move your fingers from the string of a bow a little? Dam I must being doing archery wrong.

4 minutes ago, Pumpkin said:

* Hard to incorporate into a dynamic martial arts style combat game.

* Small people who summon small animals that do most of their fighting in a dynamic martial arts styled game.

???

Archery is different in every game so who knows how it would be here. It was merely an idea/thought about how the class would work.

And "Small people who summon small animals that do most of their fighting" Yeah, which includes stuns, knock-downs, knock-ups. I personally can't see how an archer class would manage to achieve that.

Either way, before contrasting it to other classes in the game and working out how they fit in. There's clearly a reason they're in the game and an Archer is not.

Archery is different in every game so who knows how it would be here. It was merely an idea/thought about how the class would work.

And "Small people who summon small animals that do most of their fighting" Yeah, which includes stuns, knock-downs, knock-ups. I personally can't see how an archer class would manage to achieve that.

Either way, before contrasting it to other classes in the game and working out how they fit in. There's clearly a reason they're in the game and an Archer is not.

Green arrow has managed to find a way to both have stuns and martial arts in his combat. Don't see why bns cant find a way.

I personally think ranged characters, (Such as the Forcemaster) don't really work with the concept of the game.  Team Bloodlust shouldn't have given in to the folks who wanted a magic using finger wiggler. (or pet class, for that matter.)

As such, I'd argue "No" in regards to archer/gunner.  (even though I typically play a bow-centric ranger type character in most MMO's).

Who cares about archers, give me a freaking spear user. When I do the lycandi dungeon I always get angry when I see how cool the spear animations are and how awesome of a class that would have been.

I mean seriously, the spear and the bow are the most used weapons of war since ... freaking forever and they don't exist as options. Just a serious mind *cricket* IMO.

1 hour ago, pinkpiggy said:

why bring back a dead thread?

Feb 7th ain't dead.  Feb 7th 2015 might be.  

It's an avenue they could do in the future, after they (ever) sort out everything about ping, master looting, faction bandwagoning and class balancing. 

Theoretically speaking, one of the more common free-flowing wuxia battle games is the Romance of 3 Kingdoms series, and that incorporates multiple archer characters (and multiple outlandish weapons).  Will it be popular?  Who knows, since you really don't do martial arts with a full longbow.  Gun-fu might work...

It could be something similar to the kai class in that Vindictus game:] They have some kicking moves and lots of dodging abilities. I could for sure see something sort of like that working out pretty well. You couldn't really do WoW style since that is the summoner pretty much.

Got to love the dumb asses in this forum. Guy makes a suggestion and suddenly a horde of idiots attack him with " go to other game or It cant be done". Like what the ffk is wrong with you people. First of all, adding another class will only make the game a lot more diverse. and this is good for a game. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it cant be done. I hate Kung Fu master but its there and I don't complain. This is a video game and they can implement many things including a ranger class. Only down side to adding classes is having to rebalance the rest. There are archers NPCs in this game. To think that the developers will not implement a class just because they don't like it, is the most narrow minded and ignorant shit there is. Its like a DJ not playing a specific popular genre just because he doesn't like it. I bet he gets a lot of calls to parties. I read that post but that was only some people speculating. There is no actual article specifying why there are no Ranger classes "yet" in this game.   Get your heads out of your asses already.

Archived