Why would you release this game with no group PvP or Endgame? Bored already.

Karst

10 minutes ago, wishery7 said:

The blatant disgusting greed really turned me away from this game which had potential. 

7 minutes ago, Karst said:

Top Notch Story? How so? To me it's cliche story, absolute garbage voice acting, and complete easy-mode no-brains trash dungeons and bosses. Absolutely NOT top-notch story or PvE in general. Bottom-tier in fact.

Nothing wrong with 1v1s, it's just that 1v1s are inferior to 3v3s or 5v5s, just sayin'. Leave 1v1 PvP to 2D Fighting games like Street Fighter, not an MMORPG.

I agree with both of these points, but so far it doesn't really seem like NCsoft cares at all. Where are the forum posts addressing community issues? In-fact where is any developer discussion about anything whatsoever? I see nothing promising about new content other than "It's coming feb 10th, you'll get a few zones, they'll be awesome!" Where is a road map of what they plan to do with this game in the future? I really can't understand, especially after the last few days why none of the devs have even tried to explain themselves or make things right.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, HateMe said:

You know.... no one is holding you here. If you are bored and don't like it you are free to go play something else and come back when new content comes. 

As for pvp....only the ones who don't know how to pvp scream it's broken or out of balance. The Game is what you make of it if you do not have friends to play with and to make things fun for yourself well ...too bad quit and move on.

Nothing in my post said I think PvP is not balanced. I said 1v1 is trash and it's not as entertaining or as skillful as 3v3 or 5v5. 1v1 is simply a matter of knowing your opponent's class, knowing your own class, executing combos, and outplaying your singular opponent via mindgames, better execution, and better RNG.

Teamplay PvP involves all of that, PLUS teamwork, communication over VOIP, combined teamplay execution, and so on. Working with friends is more fun and requires more effort than playing on your own, sorry antisocial shut-ins.

I am aware that NCsoft are lazy and just import everything over from Korea. That does not mean that the game is immune from criticism. Sorry fanbois, but I'm telling you that your game lacks endgame content and engaging PvP content. Dealwithit.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

I played Blade and Soul from Korean Beta. I played in China, i played in Japan. I play here now. And i tell you one thing. NCSoft will change nothing, nada, never. So take your constructive criticism, steak it in one place and get lost. Blade and Soul already has its community, this community dont cry here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They just play. What was the purpose of your post? That Wildstar is better? Than WTF are u doing here? Or you want to pull people from here to Wildstar?

Most of the players here did not play Korean Beta,China or Japan. It's normal to relate to other games that you enjoyed better, doesn't mean you don't enjoy BNS. But there's always room for improvement. 

It would be a great PvP game if it had real PvP.

But it doesn't. It has 1v1 and that's it.

1v1 is PvP (in an MMORPG) for antisocial morons who think they're better than everyone else in the world because reasons.

"Yo 1v1 duel me BRO fite me in real life BRO" "BRUH LETS FIGHT IRL BRUH" "1V1 DUL ME BRAHZ I KIL U"

Meanwhile coordinated elite 3man or 5man team of Arena players sitting there like whut

(Added clarification because 1v1 in certain genres is normal. In this one, no, it's not.)

pve is so epic good cuz i have to jump left right avoid the void and then jump behind the boss and cut him do some mesh combo 

oh wow pve boy couldnt you do this on a pvp char 

well no cuz im a lose on playing games i can only fight vs computer so i feel pro after

Just now, Izah said:

pvp is so epic good cuz i have to jump left right avoid the void and then jump behind the boss and cut him do some mesh combo 

oh wow pve boy couldnt you do this on a pvp char 

well no cuz im a lose on playing games i can only fight vs computer so i feel pro after

wat

59 minutes ago, Karst said:

Poor you.Lost all interest in Blade and Soul after PvPing for a while to reach Gold ranking and leveling to 45 and doing some dailies and dungeon runs. There's just literally NOTHING to do.

Logging on to a horde of goldseller spam bots to do mind-numbing dailies and incredibly easymode dungeons is not entertaining. Neither is 1v1 PvP Duels over and over and over without end (don't lie to yourself, "Tag Match" is just 1v1s with annoying interference, nothing like true 3s Arenas or 5s Arenas.)

The PvE so far in Blade and Soul is just a mindless spammy grind so far, no interesting mechanics or difficult boss fights, no fun telegraphs to avoid or outplay. World Bosses consist of mass nearly-unavoidable AOE spam and dungeons (including level 45 Blackram) are tank and spank with one or two mechanics per boss that can be easily dealt with without effort once learned. No challenge whatsoever, a Bot could do it. Absolute joke PvE.

PvP is just 1v1 spam. Sure it's fun for a bit, sure it's skill based, sure it's fun when you fight players who are near in skill to you. Is it engaging? Is it fun to play with others? Does it require skill other than knowing how to 1v1? No, it isn't, and it doesn't. It's 1v1s and pseudo 1v1s. No real objective play or hardcore teamwork necessary.

For players that ONLY want to 1v1 sure I guess it's enough, but for anyone that's not a complete shut-in and enjoys playing with other human beings on a team with actual team-play and organization involved, no, B&S PvP is crap.

Unless the next patch for Blade and Soul includes REAL 3v3 Arenas (not garbage tag team) Battlegrounds (5v5? 10v10?) and an actual PvE endgame, I can hardly see myself playing this much longer. Was promised this game would have great PvP and was pretty disappoint, back to Wildstar.

Poor you. Maybe instead of trying to point out ppl's grammar do some research on the game next time. Keep dreaming about battlegrounds.

Another useless topic from some whiner, you act like those kids who ask their mom to buy them a game and then after an hour of playing they get bored and ask for another.

Also "i post constructive stuff" we already know about all that, you just repeat the same shit as everyone else who complain about the game, makes you no diffrent than some of the gold bots who spam same crap over and over.

18 minutes ago, Udunnome said:

Most of the players here did not play Korean Beta,China or Japan. It's normal to relate to other games that you enjoyed better, doesn't mean you don't enjoy BNS. But there's always room for improvement. 

It is not normal 95 percent of topics here are from lechers and freeloaders. They play few days than run here and complain, complain, complain. Whine, cry, speak about better games.  They even dont bought premium and didnt saw the full potential of this game. They come here with their constructive criticism and trash forums, like "Oh this guy has nice looking cloth, why i have not such one, dumb NCSoft, i go inform everyone about this stupid game". *cricket* clowns.

if you want pve to look forward to go watch some KR client streams - we're hella behind them in content patches but if you think pve in this game is bottom tier, then that's where you need to look. that said, idk when we're going to get caught up with them and i generally agree that the NA release is pretty sad in terms of available content BUT there's definitely quality pve coming.

as for 1v1's... w/e. there's nothing antisocial about it. the 1v1 gameplay in bns is generally balanced and well placed matches are intense - and if you think tag 3v3's require no coordination or team execution, you haven't played enough (or any) matches where both teams aren't trash tier.

1 hour ago, Hitokiri said:

CakjE.png

Love this reply lol.

but seriously op. just quit & come back after some updates. There is a crap ton of endgame content on the way. i have played kr for a bit and there is almost too much to do lol. especially if you have multiple chars you dont have enough hours in the day to get it all done.

Just quit & come back after silverfrost+ is out.

I PERSONALLY am not at a losss for things to do. im getting rich & making money so that when the updates come i can upgrade all my chars gear with little to no grinding required and sparring with good people from arena. Unless your pro tier at bns you definitely have more to go. im pretty sure  your no where near  pro level if you re simply gold lol. set your goals a little higher before saying theres "NOTHING" to do in pvp. getting gold is no real achievement.

1) Come on people you literally have to wait five *cricket* days for more content, keep it in your pants please.

2) PvP in this game is balanced around 1v1, and as far as I can tell little else. This means that certain archetypes just can't exist or they would be either terrible or overpowered, which is why dungeons suffer a bit; it's sort of hard to make coordinated play in a game where supportive abilities have to be balanced in a 1v1 situation. You're free to not like this, but I'm glad that people are deviating from standard MMO rules. You are not, however, free to say that this game shouldn't be balanced around 1v1, because that's pretty much the point of the (larger than any other MMO) competitive scene in the game and the publishers/developers would suddenly find themselves lacking a playerbase if they changed that. If you want a game with this style of combat but group focused, you'll have to wait, possibly for a very long time because most people going for a competitive online PvP scene have turned to MOBAs because MMOs have been lacking in good action-based PvP since, well, forever.

Pretty much what the reasonable people who love BnS are saying: BnS currently is sucking badly, but judging from what is to come (So long as NCsoft doesn't mess it up). Then come back in a few months to maybe a year when the good stuff comes out. Give a re-evaluation then.

Which I think is reasonable. BnS definitely won't win any awards in "Good launch day/week" if it's still around try again in the future. In this day and age the ones who play/pay early usually get the crappy stuff. The upside suppose to be is that they can give their input but that's highly unlikely with a game that has it's ways set already.

2 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

It is not normal 95 percent of topics here are from lechers and freeloaders. They play few days than run here and complain, complain, complain. Whine, cry, speak about better games.  They even dont bought premium and didnt saw the full potential of this game. They come here with their constructive criticism and trash forums, like "Oh this guy has nice looking cloth, why i have not such one, dumb NCSoft, i go inform everyone about this stupid game". *cricket* clowns.

Considering that even some veteran players admit that the release content is a bit lacking and you can reach level 45 really fast, it's normal that new players which are used to another game until recently (which had plenty of updates) will complain. You have been playing this game for 5 years? It's like you decide to quit for some reason, find another MMO and ofc you'll start comparing to BNS. Personally I'll give it time since I'm only a casual player nowadays. Would be fun though to see something else on Faction chat except "which channel is for farming bosses". 

OP, This game has not been out for 1 month yet... And Mushin tower is to release on the 10th.

Why don't you look at the Korean version of this game to see what is to come, they can't release everything all at once, that would be unwise.

Be Patient, good things are coming. Also 1v1 pvp is much better than zerg herder. It take much more skill, and tag matches require much more co-ordination than 1 person spam healing while two others spam abilities...

In the words of a wise wise friend of mine, 1v1 me *cricket* XD.

it's not even 1 month, and people already say that they're bored. omg. whats wrong with you people.

just enjoy the game already.

today's generation is always easy to get bored with everything, and always like to complain... no wonder there's a lot of divorce in marriage lately, and most of them involve newly wed generation.

i have chosen the wrong profession, should've go to law school and focused as a divorce lawyer. i can get rich quicker than being a doctor.

2 hours ago, chinmi said:

it's not even 1 month, and people already say that they're bored. omg. whats wrong with you people.

just enjoy the game already.

today's generation is always easy to get bored with everything, and always like to complain... no wonder there's a lot of divorce in marriage lately, and most of them involve newly wed generation.

i have chosen the wrong profession, should've go to law school and focused as a divorce lawyer. i can get rich quicker than being a doctor.

pretty much lol. i read these boredom threads and scratch my head wondering how people have nothing to do? so many classes that all play completly different, pvp with a HUGE SKILL ceiling and lots to learn and improve on, regular content updates and gear to upgrade not to mention gold to make... there is alot to do in this game but so many people cant just sit down & enjoy it lol they need A.D.D levels of distractionism all over the place to keep them entertained or whatever.

Seriously people stop pretending like you have done everything. When you have multiple classes maxed, or diamond consistently in arena, or 100s of gold raking in  every few days, then say the game has nothing to do lol. people grinding to 45 then playing a few dungeons  or get to gold in arena(not a big deal) then say "theres nothing to do waaaah" so stupid looking.

Actually if im not wrong in korea there should be already the ''battlegrounds''it is a 6v6 with an objective or 2

2/3 weeks from NA/EU release people want already everything so they will burn the rest of the story in another week and come back to complain ''NEED CONTENT UEEEH UEEEH UEEEH'' *insert sob here*

Society wants everything rushed

Adding more content to the game needs time, there is a lot of stuff to fix first and there is a schedule to follow.. you feel bored ? come back later

Every game has it's flaws. That's why they (NCSOFT) should open up their minds and listen to the community regarding the issues going around. I mean BnS does not suck. I like the game but yes I agree with you, PVE is easy (way too easy). Even though I haven't reached 45, I thought of waiting for an improvement in this game. Like they should do with the bots spamming non stop, the lag spikes, PVE issues, PVP and many more. I hope they (NCSOFT) will act on our problems but I am willing to wait.

the fact that im a free player. an everything gameplay wise is available for me to farm if i need it makes this a better game than most MMOs. there is no p2w in pvp here an thats what i like a place to play evenly with others my level.  have fun going back to wildstar you arent wanted here anyway with all that whining. 

7 hours ago, Tomoyo said:

This is just release content. We're getting more endgame stuff on February 10, and they've already teased (in a trailer no less) the new region, 50 cap, and Warlock class for release within the next few months. They've already confirmed a quick update schedule, especially since they want NA to be represented in the World Championships and to do that we need to be up-to-date with classes and balance patches.

That means people read. What a concept LOL 

I did and the new stuff looks cool I even looked at how many points I'll get from the 5 hongmoon levels we are getting and have decided what I am going to do with those 11 points. 

It has me excited. 1v1 PVP never entertained me before but even when I get my but kicked I enjoy it. 

Currently endgame with borderline top gear. Right now my only entertainment for PvE is Poharan 4 players mode. The reason being that it's currently the only dungeon that I can fail. It feels rewarding when you beat it tho. Yes I might get tired of it after a while but you know what? That dungeon proved me the PVE side of the game can be difficult and awesome at the same time (even tho it's only 1 dungeon as of now) so all I gotta do is play some other stuff and wait for the content. 

I never really understood why some people feel their only choices are "either I play it non-stop or I quit". Is it so difficult to play other games while we wait for the new content to come out and then have fun again on BnS?"

why even discuss this...why even POST this. WTF , you don't like the gam...OK, move on= solution

I love the game, I love 1v1 more than anything else. And Im not even good at it, BUt I'll be; Im better already; see? THAT I love from this game.

personal challenge, not "things to do".

Is a survival game then better suited for you? Im asking in all honesty.

Archived