Why would you release this game with no group PvP or Endgame? Bored already.

Karst

Lost all interest in Blade and Soul after PvPing for a while to reach Gold ranking and leveling to 45 and doing some dailies and dungeon runs. There's just literally NOTHING to do.

Logging on to a horde of goldseller spam bots to do mind-numbing dailies and incredibly easymode dungeons is not entertaining. Neither is 1v1 PvP Duels over and over and over without end (don't lie to yourself, "Tag Match" is just 1v1s with annoying interference, nothing like true 3s Arenas or 5s Arenas.)

The PvE so far in Blade and Soul is just a mindless spammy grind so far, no interesting mechanics or difficult boss fights, no fun telegraphs to avoid or outplay. World Bosses consist of mass nearly-unavoidable AOE spam and dungeons (including level 45 Blackram) are tank and spank with one or two mechanics per boss that can be easily dealt with without effort once learned. No challenge whatsoever, a Bot could do it. Absolute joke PvE.

PvP is just 1v1 spam. Sure it's fun for a bit, sure it's skill based, sure it's fun when you fight players who are near in skill to you. Is it engaging? Is it fun to play with others? Does it require skill other than knowing how to 1v1? No, it isn't, and it doesn't. It's 1v1s and pseudo 1v1s. No real objective play or hardcore teamwork necessary.

For players that ONLY want to 1v1 sure I guess it's enough, but for anyone that's not a complete shut-in and enjoys playing with other human beings on a team with actual team-play and organization involved, no, B&S PvP is crap.

Unless the next patch for Blade and Soul includes REAL 3v3 Arenas (not garbage tag team) Battlegrounds (5v5? 10v10?) and an actual PvE endgame, I can hardly see myself playing this much longer. Was promised this game would have great PvP and was pretty disappoint, back to Wildstar.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, princode said:

wow u consider wildstar pvp good speechless...WS got 1 of the worst pvp ever.

Your grammar and spelling are probably worse than WS's PvP, just saying.

No, if you actually read my post, I never mentioned Wildstar's PvP being good. I said I'd rather go back to Wildstar PvP than play Blade and Soul's trash PvP  in its current state.

10 minutes ago, princode said:

wow u consider wildstar pvp good speechless...WS got 1 of the worst pvp ever. U should have done your research before playing BnS it focus and balance around 1v1 pvp. The main attraction is 1v1 pvp

It's too bad 1v1 PvP is relative garbage compared to 3v3 or 5v5 arena PvP, or else I'd be more interested.

Looks like you have already made up your mind not to like things as they are. Thats cool, perhaps you should take a break and come back after a few months when some of the new content is released. Plenty of other people will be doing that as well.

However, just in case this was more a "help me be entertained" post:

• So I take it you already have the current "best" gear? You could work on that ... I doubt you can faceroll/solo the current 45lvl Blackram dungeons. Or who knows? Maybe you can.
  • How much open world PvP have you done? Did you know there are multiple faction outfits to unlock? You could try that.
  • The Achievements section could be a great source of entertainment as you hunt to unlock those and titles...
  • Have you mastered your crafting and have begun to make bank selling rare items in the auction house? You could try that.

Just some small suggestions. But dude, if you are bored, then you are bored. I understand wanting to see if anyone agrees with you but in the end you are responsible for you, and your feelings. Dont do things you dont like.

9 minutes ago, Karst said:

Your grammar and spelling are probably worse than WS's PvP, just saying.

No, if you actually read my post, I never mentioned Wildstar's PvP being good. I said I'd rather go back to Wildstar PvP than play Blade and Soul's trash PvP  in its current state.

I kind of agree with this about the PvP here .. 

The classes are HORRIBLY out of balance .. and sure this usually is the case but this some of the classes as INSANELY OP vs other classes .. NOT that it is OP in all instances but when you hit the "world competition" crap and you can barely move you before you are mostly dead just kind of give it up..

OW PvP is worse before max level as it seems EVERY server has max levels camping and farming players WAY below their level and of course this still does damage to weapons so the low level not only can't do dailies and the like that also get to repair gear all the time because of the fights they don't have a ghost of a chance in

the game looks good and I kind of like it BUT the issues ARE getting a little glaring when you add to it the over priced store as well

You know.... no one is holding you here. If you are bored and don't like it you are free to go play something else and come back when new content comes. 

As for pvp....only the ones who don't know how to pvp scream it's broken or out of balance. The Game is what you make of it if you do not have friends to play with and to make things fun for yourself well ...too bad quit and move on.

5 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

Looks like you have already made up your mind not to like things as they are. Thats cool, perhaps you should take a break and come back after a few months when some of the new content is released. Plenty of other people will be doing that as well.

However, just in case this was more a "help me be entertained post:

• So I take it you already have the current "best" gear? You could work on that ... I doubt you can faceroll/solo the current 45lvl Blackram dungeons. Or who knows? Maybe you can.
  • How much open world PvP have you done? Did you know there are multiple faction outfits to unlock? You could try that.
  • The Achievements section could be a great source of entertainment as you hunt to unlock those and titles...
  • Have you mastered your crafting and have begun to make bank selling rare items in the auction house? You could try that.

Just some small suggestions. But dude, if you are bored, then you are bored. I understand wanting to see if anyone agrees with you but in the end you are responsible for you, and your feelings. Dont do things you dont like.

Nothing you said means end game. What's the purpose of getting best gear to solo last dungeon, or to make all achievements and do crafting? A decent end game needs a decent purpose for all the grinding that leads to it. Faction PvP is not very balanced either from what I see on the forum, plus there are "farming" channels for each faction, But like you said I hope new content will bring more fun into the game.

This is just release content. We're getting more endgame stuff on February 10, and they've already teased (in a trailer no less) the new region, 50 cap, and Warlock class for release within the next few months. They've already confirmed a quick update schedule, especially since they want NA to be represented in the World Championships and to do that we need to be up-to-date with classes and balance patches.

2 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

However, just in case this was more a "help me be entertained post:

• Close to it, but the fact that the best gear in the game costs an ungodly amount of gold to acquire, I'm not interesting in mindlessly farming dailies for weeks to get it.
  • Plenty enough to know that real open world PvP doesn't exist. Farming Moonwater crap with those two bases near each other? Don't make me laugh. Each base farms the other base, there's no objective to compete over. There is no world PvP.
  • Uh, what?
  • Uhhhhh what? That's not gameplay.

5 minutes ago, Tomoyo said:

This is just release content. We're getting more endgame stuff on February 10, and they've already teased (in a trailer no less) the new region, 50 cap, and Warlock class for release within the next few months. They've already confirmed a quick update schedule, especially since they want NA to be represented in the World Championships and to do that we need to be up-to-date with classes and balance patches.

That's nice to hear. But why only NA? :p

"Best gear" usually comes with more incentives in other MMOs. You have some cool appearance or even obvious visuals (e.g. Tera with red glowing weapons). In BnS it's .. yeah, some numbers are higher ..

Open world is kicking the Wyrm/Terror farming and hoping that some players from the underpopulated opposing factions are coming over to get kicked all over the place - or being the underpopulated faction and get kicked. Group PvP for me is a battleground with at least an objective, doesn't need to be CTF, even kill count would be ok. But even teams, somehow some kind of balance.

Uhm .. crafting. Never seen such a bad system. All you do is wait. Or farm gold for recipes. Or running round the map, trying to gather resources from empty nodes.

As stated above, BnS endgame revolves around 1v1. If you like duels, BnS is the game for you. But why the hell did they even include a leveling system? Why the good graphics? Why the excellent story? BnS starts of as a top notch (PvE) single player game, for me even better than Skyrim. You get to run dungeons with NPCs (oh well, I think some of them are humans perchance) until you hit lvl 45. And then the game suddenly expects you to play 1v1.

The problem with BnS is this inconsistency. It's like buying an ice cream and as you eat away the outer layer you suddenly disocver a hot dog underneath.

Just now, Karst said:

• Close to it, but the fact that the best gear in the game costs an ungodly amount of gold to acquire, I'm not interesting in mindlessly farming dailies for weeks to get it.
  • Plenty enough to know that real open world PvP doesn't exist. Farming Moonwater crap with those two bases near each other? Don't make me laugh. Each base farms the other base, there's no objective to compete over. There is no world PvP.
  • Uh, what?
  • Uhhhhh what? That's not gameplay.

Sounds like you need a vacation already bruh ... Come back in a few months. Dust of some games you have been neglecting, it will make the time pass by quicker.

3 minutes ago, Celestine said:

"Best gear" usually comes with more incentives in other MMOs. You have some cool appearance or even obvious visuals (e.g. Tera with red glowing weapons). In BnS it's .. yeah, some numbers are higher ..

Open world is kicking the Wyrm/Terror farming and hoping that some players from the underpopulated opposing factions are coming over to get kicked all over the place - or being the underpopulated faction and get kicked. Group PvP for me is a battleground with at least an objective, doesn't need to be CTF, even kill count would be ok. But even teams, somehow some kind of balance.

Uhm .. crafting. Never seen such a bad system. All you do is wait. Or farm gold for recipes. Or running round the map, trying to gather resources from empty nodes.

As stated above, BnS endgame revolves around 1v1. If you like duels, BnS is the game for you. But why the hell did they even include a leveling system? Why the good graphics? Why the excellent story? BnS starts of as a top notch (PvE) single player game, for me even better than Skyrim. You get to run dungeons with NPCs (oh well, I think some of them are humans perchance) until you hit lvl 45. And then the game suddenly expects you to play 1v1.

The problem with BnS is this inconsistency. It's like buying an ice cream and as you eat away the outer layer you suddenly disocver a hot dog underneath.

Top Notch Story? How so? To me it's cliche story, absolute garbage voice acting, and complete easy-mode no-brains trash dungeons and bosses. Absolutely NOT top-notch story or PvE in general. Bottom-tier in fact.

Nothing wrong with 1v1s, it's just that 1v1s are inferior to 3v3s or 5v5s, just sayin'. Leave 1v1 PvP to 2D Fighting games like Street Fighter, not an MMORPG.

Just take your bags and get lost. Every second post from leechers and crybabies. GTFO from here. Go to your WoW, your Wildstar, your Black desert and so on. Just let the normal community alone. Stop trashing forums with your girly whining.

2 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

Just take your bags and get lost. Every second post from leechers and crybabies. GTFO from here. Go to your WoW, your Wildstar, your Black desert and so on. Just let the normal community alone. Stop trashing forums with your girly whining.

Nothing improves without constructive criticism. There's a difference between pointing out massive flaws in a game and making a dumb post saying I quit cuz reasons.

I actually posted my reasons for boredom and ways B&S could improve. I didn't just say the game sucks. It doesn't suck. It has potential, just not how it is currently.

Keep your unproductive trash posts to yourself.

1 minute ago, Karst said:

Top Notch Story? How so? To me it's cliche story, absolute garbage voice acting, and complete easy-mode no-brains trash dungeons and bosses. Absolutely NOT top-notch story or PvE in general. Bottom-tier in fact.

Haha! I guess this is the difference in opinions, I really liked the story and the voice actors. As voice acting in the western hemisphere is quite unpopular, they've done a passable job on this. I guess we all know the problems of voice acting in localized animes.

For the dungeons: unfortunately you're right. Other MMOs have far better boss mechnics like one-shot mechanics, danger zones, trigger mechanics and so on.

For the PvE: I still think this part is still quite good. Actually I'm playing an assassin and this class very much feels like playing No. 47/Sam Fisher. You have to think beforehand about your moves, you have to learn a lot of maeuvers and so on. Brute force will only lead to death. Opposite to my KFM where you use brute force only and just have to learn the combos. But this is why I think the PvE is good.

In terms of playing PvE together, BnS is obviously the worst. Even with not having the holy trinity (tank, DPS, healer) this game is hack'n'slash only. The poor trial for joint attacks is the right direction, but right now just some sort of joke.

1 minute ago, Karst said:

Nothing improves without constructive criticism. There's a difference between pointing out massive flaws in a game and making a dumb post saying I quit cuz reasons.

I actually posted my reasons for boredom and ways B&S could improve. Keep your unproductive trash posts to yourself.

I played Blade and Soul from Korean Beta. I played in China, i played in Japan. I play here now. And i tell you one thing. NCSoft will change nothing, nada, never. So take your constructive criticism, steak it in one place and get lost. Blade and Soul already has its community, this community dont cry here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They just play. What was the purpose of your post? That Wildstar is better? Than WTF are u doing here? Or you want to pull people from here to Wildstar?

Archived