Why would you release this game with no group PvP or Endgame? Bored already.

Karst

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ambition said:

Why is it that equip stats + soulshields dont work in pvp? i mean whats the point in maxing your gear then if its mainly for PVE? kinda shame tbh, you grind good gear and its basically useless/0 advantage

because anyone who is interested in competition does not need to rely on the amount of time they spent making gear, making up for a lack of skill with class mechanics

Hahahahahahahaha  

> players ignore 95% of game to rush to max level in record time

> players complain not enough content

> dev's churn out another 5 levels of content that players rush through in a few hours

> repeat every 1-6 months

XD      Do you want WoW?  Because that's how you get WoW.

11 hours ago, princode said:

wow u consider wildstar pvp good speechless...WS got 1 of the worst pvp ever. U should have done your research before playing BnS it focus and balance around 1v1 pvp. The main attraction is 1v1 pvp

have to agree with this

I tried Wildstar for the pvp, reached the cap, did two high level battlegrounds and uninstalled. It's that bad, The lvl 19 BG's were great though.

On the PVP spectrum, Wildstar is 2/10 (90%of skills are garbage), WoW is 4/10 (no talents anymore), BnS is 9/10 (with all flaws included).

Best MMO PVP right now is, surprisingly, still Atlantica. But it's a p2w game so no one cares *hint hint NCS*

@2501

How much experience do you actually have with this game? Have you played for any extended period of time on any of the eastern clients? Are you familiar with all classes and how they interact? Have you participated in or watched tournaments with high caliber players? When/if you do watch tournaments, do you have a solid understanding of what's going on? Have you even played arena on this client (which, granted, has more imbalances than KR)?

I'm just trying to understand where you argument is even coming from outside of statistically irrelevant ladder numbers that the poster himself admitted shouldn't be used to make any serious conclusions regarding class balance.

Online ladder representation is always going to be plagued by skill floor, ease of play, popularity, and perception. Classes with low skill floors will naturally see higher representation across all rating tiers and classes that have perceived imbalances in given matchups will naturally see lower representation across all rating tiers, regardless of whether or not it's possible to play at the same level by mastering classes with higher skill floors. AFAIK forcemasters are currently considered the "weakest" class on KR, yet there are two of them in the top 20 - on par with KFM's who apparently hold the #1 spot in the top 100 and top 500 by a significant margin. Similar deal with destroyers.

What does that mean? Nothing. Those numbers are meaningless as they fail to take into account many distribution factors. They are nothing more than a display of how many characters of a given class exist within a certain rating range - zero context beyond that.

p.s.

Win trading and and people purposely dropping rating for faster queues are both very real things.

10 hours ago, Scorpaeon said:

Looks like you have already made up your mind not to like things as they are. Thats cool, perhaps you should take a break and come back after a few months when some of the new content is released. Plenty of other people will be doing that as well.

However, just in case this was more a "help me be entertained" post:

• So I take it you already have the current "best" gear? You could work on that ... I doubt you can faceroll/solo the current 45lvl Blackram dungeons. Or who knows? Maybe you can.
  • How much open world PvP have you done? Did you know there are multiple faction outfits to unlock? You could try that.
  • The Achievements section could be a great source of entertainment as you hunt to unlock those and titles...
  • Have you mastered your crafting and have begun to make bank selling rare items in the auction house? You could try that.

Just some small suggestions. But dude, if you are bored, then you are bored. I understand wanting to see if anyone agrees with you but in the end you are responsible for you, and your feelings. Dont do things you dont like.

Not defending the OP just wanted to respond to points you put out if i may.

1.Best gear? sure having it would be nice but it's currently not needed for this patch,apparently it's not needed all the way until lvl50 patch which who knows when will it come,and when it comes you actually don't even need pirate stuff to get newer upgrades ( at least thats what experience ppl are saying),depending on your class some most benefit from profane weapon cause of they're buff. All content is doable with profaine.

2.World pvp is a joke, bad replica of aion with even more inbalance ( not including arena ),zerg skill fest spamm. And even if it was balanced the game is so badly optimized that more then 50% of players suffer from very low FPS even with super PC specs which makes open world PvP even harder. World PvP is dead,only reason some small part of it happens is cause of daily faction quests and people who love to get in the way of other faction insignia farming.

3.Achivements i agree,only fun and kinda good part of end game content if you will,but in the end not really rewarding.

4.Crafting consists of taking 4 basic craft/gathering professions that 90% of players take cause of need to craft and sell moonwater stones,thus not really much of rare items will come out of crafting,only way to earn some decent money is to craft and sell moonwater stones until prices drop so low that's its not really profitable. Another way of it is to farm top 4 blue dungeons for moonwater stone recipe and sell (that's how i earned my 1k gold) brightstone ruins takes 7minutes to solo with assassin,doing it all day will probably get you around 4-5 recipes,at begining they were going for 70-80g at least when i started farming.

As much as im glad that crafting is so easy and friendly it's just badly designed and not very rewarding.

I'm not trying to bash the game but atm it's very boring,i don't enjoy arena PvP as well since it's just not my cup of tea,not saying it's bad just saying it's not what i like.

Maybe lv50 patch brings something better. if you plan to ask me why am i even playing,well that's kind of easy, there's not really anything else to play atm,im waiting for something else to come. And trust me im not the only one thinking like this.

B&S is not a bad game,it's just more focused on arena PvP then on anything else,and if you don't enjoy that,well there's not much else to do then.

21 minutes ago, TotalHavoc said:

Hahahahahahahaha  

> players ignore 95% of game to rush to max level in record time

> players complain not enough content

> dev's churn out another 5 levels of content that players rush through in a few hours

> repeat every 1-6 months

XD      Do you want WoW?  Because that's how you get WoW.   I agree with this 100%. There are always ways to keep yourself from being bored. Plus, you can always roll an alt, just sayin. :P

7 minutes ago, noctred said:

@2501

How much experience do you actually have with this game? Have you played for any extended period of time on any of the eastern clients? Are you familiar with all classes and how they interact? Have you participated in or watched tournaments with high caliber players? When/if you do watch tournaments, do you have a solid understanding of what's going on? Have you even played arena on this client (which, granted, has more imbalances than KR)?

Classy, it's an ad hominem assault on the internuts. No way, this isn't real. It isn't happening! Yet, still no proof to the contrary...

inb4; People obviously have no idea what true competitive PvP is, when they think 150ms forced delayed server updates are 'competitive': reaction time is faster than that.

8 minutes ago, 2501 said:

Classy, it's an ad hominem assault on the internuts. No way, this isn't real. It isn't happening! Yet, still no proof to the contrary...

inb4; People obviously have no idea what true competitive PvP is, when they think 150ms forced delayed server updates are 'competitive': reaction time is faster than that.

LMAO.

That wasn't an attack on your character. That was me trying to identify whether you have the knowledge to speak intelligently regarding the subject at hand. There's a big difference.

Also grats on ignoring the rest of my post.

36 minutes ago, GinzaHibari said:

because anyone who is interested in competition does not need to rely on the amount of time they spent making gear, making up for a lack of skill with class mechanics

doesnt have anything to do with ''relying'' on gear, i just think its more than fair if you play the game for 4 years and have maxed gear that you have an advantage over a person who just made an account last week, but hey that could be just me.

there is no logic in this game anyway.

6 hours ago, Ambition said:

doesnt have anything to do with ''relying'' on gear, i just think its more than fair if you play the game for 4 years and have maxed gear that you have an advantage over a person who just made an account last week, but hey that could be just me.

there is no logic in this game anyway.

Uh no.. Equalized gear is how you get balanced PvP. All that matters is player skill and their level which unlocks SP and actual skills in their tray. If you're trash enough to lose to someone who just made an account then you're just trash. Gear is for PvE and OWPvP, this game is an e-sport and from what I know about e-sports none of the MMOs involved have you use gear you actually farm/craft. It's either provided or it's automatically equipped in Arenas.

@OP: If you think what we have is any type of end game then you haven't followed the game long enough. We have a botched patch that has Lv45+ quests, that we can't touch. Also if you wanna PvP then you aren't looking for any sort of endgame since you can be Lv.15 (or is it 13?) and PvP! If you wanna do 3v3 then learn to make friends and make a group and do 3v3s! No one should have to tell you what you can do in a game, all the info is online or in-game for you to explore.

No one ever plays a game for story anymore, they just wanna kill other players ASAP. :/ Might as well go play Dark Souls since the story isn't in your face, lol.

I'm concerned about all the people that for some reason think 1v1 PvP takes more general skill than 3v3 or 5v5 Arena PvP.

I mean are you that egotistical or do you actually not realize that teamplay, coordination and accounting for multiple opponents is a thing?

It takes more skill to wait for one opponent to make a mistake and then combo them for half their hp, rinse repeat, than to deal with an entire coordinated team that can cover each other's weaknesses? How so?

Please explain to me how 1v1 > 3v3 in terms of player skill required.

Even forgetting about Skill requirement entirely, how is 1v1 more entertaining and mentally engaging than 3v3 or 5v5 or even 10v10?

How is dueling more skillful and fun than teamwork or objective based play?

Yes, I agree large scale PvP CAN turn into a cluster%&$* in some games. Not all, but some. I do not agree with the idiotic consensus that 1v1s are somehow l337 skillz pro best PvP. I wanted a real interesting PvP Experience with Blade and Soul and I did not find it in 1v1s. 1v1s are boring, lack the coordination and effort of group Arena PvP.

Archived